Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours (37355 Views)

FG Says Power Generation Is Up To 7000MW, Nigerians Reacts / Nigeria In Total Darkness; Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Several Hours / Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Several Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Jeremyaaa09: 9:49pm On Mar 31, 2016
asuustrike2009:

They got it from sapele

...not generated in Nigeria or measured by the TCN?
Anyway, the south and north ought not to be suffering 'electrical problem' because the south have the oil and gas while the north have the wind and solar. The middle belt has Kainji, Benue and Niger waters. What is our problem as Nigeria?
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Chimdiebere(m): 9:54pm On Mar 31, 2016
in Abuja, it's as terrible as hell! they brought light 8am it lasted for only 30mins, took it and night it back 9:34pm took it again and now they now brought it now around to 10
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by kenrish2(m): 9:55pm On Mar 31, 2016
when gej was paying tugs and community chairmen to guide oil and gas instalations they said he was empowering criminals now buari have stoped empowerin the criminals forgetin dat nigeria has a weak sicurity system. Now the criminals wont stop vandalizing anytin they can lay their hands on
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by stevecantrell: 9:58pm On Mar 31, 2016
kenrish2:
when gej was paying tugs and community chairmen to guide oil and gas instalations they said he was empowering criminals now buari have stoped empowerin the criminals forgetin dat nigeria has a weak sicurity system. Now the criminals wont stop vandalizing anytin they can lay their hands on

What baffles me is: why can't they draft army troops to guard these pipelines ? These vandals are the new boko harm.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by onionsbeans12: 9:59pm On Mar 31, 2016
Aviero:
And some people will be happy with this kind of news. I wonder what kinda bástards will rejoice at the news of dearth of development in their own country.. SMH!
Going by what Buhari and apc did to GEJ, I will pray that the entire system to go down completely. I will prefer all Nigerians to face the effects of a failed country under Buhari and so it shall be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 31, 2016
beadaholic:
Chai! Some newpaper can report lies. We had light from 11am - 11:15 am this morning and around 11:30am - 12: 00pm. >: angry grin grin grin grin

another zombie spoted

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 31, 2016
mile12crises:
Una chose a fake WAEC F9 Buhari to be una president.

Expect F9 result in economy and Power cool

We are gradually getting there..

All thanks to everyone who helped in taking Nigeria 30 years backward
No... All thanks to the South west. They were the ones that gave him the winning vote.

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 31, 2016
Many are screaming sabotage, of course that's not far from the truth. Now, I'd be stupid to be anything close to happy with what's happening in the country at the moment, but if we're being honest that's the same kind of sabotage that played a role in ousting GEJ from office. That kind of steady power that happened immediately after PMB took over? That was someone else's years of hardwork, some people deliberately hid all that from Nigerians to paint the previous administration as clueless and thereafter gave the glory to "body language". Now common to maintain the already attained power generation is ironically rocket science for them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by banme1(m): 10:04pm On Mar 31, 2016
xav1:

youu are lying because we have light here in eket around 2:10pm, they took it around after twelve and brought it at 2:10pm, so confirm your fact.
comprehension deficiency
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by oluwaahmed: 10:10pm On Mar 31, 2016
xav1:
the guy is lying we had light around 2pm in my place, presently am enjoying light in eket, I don't know if our light is not among national grid.

eket light is bein supplied by Mobil. E be like u be corper 4 der, cos if u stay in eket u won't say dis.
Bubu is a failure, really. I mean wats worse was dan Bubu is apc zombies. I knew Bubu was dull all along but I tot he wld hav appointed intelligent pple 2 man specific areas like Obj did in his 1st tenure.A lawyer was made min of power & APC supporters clapped sayin his developmental strides in lagos will make him perform. I actually tot I was in sane because I knew fash was a round peg in a square hole. Instead of puttin technocrats 2 man dose areas, his dull cronies advised him 2 appoint party faithful 2 be der. Ow wld u explain a Govr who cld not complete a mono-rail of less dan 200m in 8yrs bein our min of transport(ironic abi?) or an auditor as d Economic minister(laughable).
His govt is already a flop wit no clues as 2 salvage dis country 4rm plungin further into recession. No concern whatsoeva as he spends d scarce estacodes & fx travellin like mungo park @ d expenses of banks & biz men who nid 2 fund deir biznesses. Durin GEJ regime der was Lil or no fuel scarcity(any1 dat says it's a lie is surely goin 2 Hell) because only fuel scarcity we had was wen nupeng is goin on strike or IPMAN. No plan or idea by d APC on how 2 move d country forward, only kwarrupt. Kwarruptn battle wit no1 ever convicted. We fuvcked up as a country 4 votin buhari in, I mean we cld hav pressured 4 sme1else instead of him.
Finally I want 2 say a big THANK YOU 2 all d yoruba politicians & monarchs who rallied round 2 make Bubu presido after he was rejected 4 times by nigerians.
NGENE-UKWUENU, cme & defend ur master.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 31, 2016
tsephanyah:
so this conspiracy, sabotage pipeline and blame buhari and fashola, for blackout all this comments, no one is blaming the perpetrators .... Awesome. if u want electricity go and fight pipeline vandalism or u are in this together,,,,,
u must be from Ghana...so the people should pick cutlass and koboKO to attack vadalisers and when THEY pay nepa bill, one man will take 2billion and keep for himself.....I THINK THIS PRESENT GOVERNMENT HAVE ONLY ONE THING TO CONTRIBUTE, WHICH IS CORRUPTION PROBE..
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Ezyp(m): 10:24pm On Mar 31, 2016
iyb:

And surely you understand that in a grid system all power generating units are accounted for so where is the power generated by kainji dam undecided smartass
truly you don't understand the meaning of running a grid system (lemme help you out). One major factor that can cause system collapse is either high frequency or low frequency (and by grid system, all generating stations are tied to each other so a total system collapse will affect them all and to get them back you black start with Ughelli power station) what happened today was as a result of low frequency

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by millhouse: 10:43pm On Mar 31, 2016
Record breaker
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Kylexy3000(m): 10:48pm On Mar 31, 2016
THIS HAPPENS WHEN YOU APPOINT A WRONG PERSON ..
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 31, 2016
mile12crises:
Nigeria is in deep trouble. Things are becoming worse every day with BUHARI on the saddle. Where then is the change after all?

Fuel scarcity worsening, power outages getting worse, many companies and industries closing down as a result of scarcity of Forex, many essential commodities like sachet water, milk, beverages, pharmaceuticals, fuel, kerosene, printing paper, food items, etc have gone up by over 50%. Many people have lost their jobs.

Increase in tuition fees in Federal universities, Polytechnic and Colleges of Education, schools, increase in house rent, etc. We are in for very difficult times.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by modik(m): 11:01pm On Mar 31, 2016
Oops!!

Is www.Punchng.com among the wailers?
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by obailala(m): 12:07am On Apr 01, 2016
willibounce1:
This is what we get when a lawyer is the minister of Power. It is easy to sit in a corner and criticise. Oya Oga SAN give us power na as e no be rocket science. You think you are still in lagos where you use 419 to deceive ppl? Your yansh don open. Fashola no sabi shingbain. He only knows how to pretend to look serious. Shior!
As at May 2015, power generation dropped to about 1327mw, the minister for power then, A PROFESSOR even claimed sometime earlier that witches and wizards were responsible for Nigeria's power woes. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
http://saharareporters.com/2013/01/24/witches-demons-and-power-outage-leo-igwe
http://naijagists.com/witches-wizards-demons-behind-power-outage-problems-in-nigeria-prof-chinedu-nebo/
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by rexzqcom(m): 4:52am On Apr 01, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
grin make thunder fire me if i join the protest against Buhari by zombies cheesy

Not be only thunder go fire you. Your suffering just began. Three years more to go. At the end 0.00001% Nigerians left, will only be improvising with stone age amenities. Very good for you sia baba idiots.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by rexzqcom(m): 5:16am On Apr 01, 2016
Aviero:
And some people will be happy with this kind of news. I wonder what kinda bástards will rejoice at the news of dearth of development in their own country.. SMH!

The people that warned toilet paper and nepa paper certificate is not good. It's Oluwole.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by inamost: 6:15am On Apr 01, 2016
Wetin pass you e pass u.wetin U no sabi U no sabi.I beg since our God na merciful God let's comit everytin to Him

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by rexzqcom(m): 6:43am On Apr 01, 2016
inamost:
Wetin pass you e pass u.wetin U no sabi U no sabi.I beg since our God na merciful God let's comit everytin to Him

Heaven help those who helped themselves.
Is time we start taking the destiny of our future in our own control. We have electrical engineering department in most of universities. Why can't team of these engineers be engaged to practicalise their knowledge to wholely design indigenous powers sources for our needs. Even with assistance of some foreign experts in areas they find challenging.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by mumbasa: 7:21am On Apr 01, 2016
If I am not mistaken, the first time in the history of power generation.

This is the height of gross mismanagement from the APC led Federal Government.

A certain clueless president brought power generation from 2500 to 5500 and handed it over to a certain change agent one year later it dropped to zero.

Under a certain clueless president there was no fuel scarcity for 4.5 years but Nigerians are never grateful, along came a change agent.

If he doesn't perform we will vote him out you are joking, let me see how you will try to vote out a MILITARY man who bought nomination tickets 4 times.
YOU WILL DIE LIKE THE PDP AGENT IN PORT HARCOURT.

Millions of Nigerians have lost jobs and what hope does the unemployed youths have.

How many Nigerians can truthfully say they got poorer and hungry as a direct consequence of the 6 years of the last administration and how many Nigerians can truthfully say that they have benefited or their lives have improved in this one year.

Every Nigerian know someone who knows a person that has lost his job.

TRIBALISM AND NOT PROPAGANDA BROUGHT US TO THIS!!!!!!

****EDIT***

Before you insult me, this is not election period, your man is now in aso rock, he should provide solutions not blame people and arrest opposition party members.( once you defect you have never stolen is the height of mockery to corruption fight)

We know that they cannot perform magic but we would have not been this demanding if they did not "PROMISE TO PERFORM MAGIC" They promised!!!

They did not have any idea or solution when they were making noises because if they did one year is enough to show us a sense of direction.

I REPEAT, IT IS TRIBALISM AND NOT PROPAGANDA PUT US IN THIS MESS !!!!!
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by millhouse: 7:46am On Apr 01, 2016
Liam86:
Many are screaming sabotage, of course that's not far from the truth. Now, I'd be stupid to be anything close to happy with what's happening in the country at the moment, but if we're being honest that's the same kind of sabotage that played a role in ousting GEJ from office. That kind of steady power that happened immediately after PMB took over? That was someone else's years of hardwork, some people deliberately hid all that from Nigerians to paint the previous administration as clueless and thereafter gave the glory to "body language". Now common to maintain the already attained power generation is ironically rocket science for them.
my broda.. The thing tire me. That's how the shehu garba said hi fridge is very cold and takes cold water due to Mr. Body language. Body language has turned body odour all of a sudden. The truth is the APC is a party founded on the Sandy soil of lies and deceit. So if you are still expecting Eldorado from them it's at your own peril.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by judondasylva(m): 8:28am On Apr 01, 2016
I will continue to say it that Nigeria as a nation will never move forward no matter how you try cus most of the leaders are tribalists how can you make a lawyer minister of power while there are many competent engineers out there? now nobody is calling him to resign cus he is not from the hated tribe.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by anyimontana(m): 9:46am On Apr 01, 2016
Jonathan is too much jare!...some more likes for jona

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Goke7: 9:49am On Apr 01, 2016
onionsbeans12:
Going by what Buhari and apc did to GEJ, I will pray that the entire system to go down completely. I will prefer all Nigerians to face the effects of a failed country under Buhari and so it shall be.

Only you will face the effects of a failed country in Jesus name.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Krayzeejhay(m): 10:09am On Apr 01, 2016
xav1:

youu are lying because we have light here in eket around 2:10pm, they took it around after twelve and brought it at 2:10pm, so confirm your fact.

There's was also light here in uyo...so which one is 0MW??...

Investigate well
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Pedropa: 10:27am On Apr 01, 2016
Reference:

Here is how it works. Every generator has two parts. The engine and the alternator. The generator may be a gas turbine, a diesel engine or a water turbine. Alternators convert the mechanical movement to electricity through magnets.

Now, in a simple diesel generator, between the engine and the alternator there is a device called a governor. It matches the speed of the engine with the electrical load to maintain a stable voltage. Increase load and engine speed increases.

Power plants don't work that way. Gas turbines and hydro turbines have a 'fixed' engine speed. They give out specific current at specific voltage. Once design loads are exceeded they are designed to shutdown automatically to prevent damage.

We operate an single interlinked grid that is not smart. All power stations feed into one chain. If one or more power stations fail and load is not shed (cut-off), the load is transmitted to the other power stations which trip off one after the other until all of them fail. That is when the system is termed to have crashed.

For them to have regained power within 3 hours my bet is that either Kainji or Shiroro must have taken the load because it takes much longer to get a gas turbine going again once it shuts down, sonetimes up to 24 hours depending on the config of the plant and the quality of the gas.

Good day bro. No ves abeg. Can u tutor me a little on how diesel or petrol gets converted into electric current in a generator. I keep wondering what happens right there in the gen set to give us electicity or are their demons or spirits in the gen sets who feed on petrol to give out current. Don't mind my thinking. Thanks in advance.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 01, 2016
Honestly why on earth will someone sell is dignity for money to vandalise gas pipelines and you come back home to hustle fuel for your generator... cry some people just don't have sense
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 01, 2016
Jeremyaaa09:

...not generated in Nigeria or measured by the TCN?
Anyway, the south and north ought not to be suffering 'electrical problem' because the south have the oil and gas while the north have the wind and solar. The middle belt has Kainji, Benue and Niger waters. What is our problem as Nigeria?
The problem is non challant attitude of our leaders. Couple with the fact that they set up genecos far from the raw material. Imagine moving gas from warri to lagos. Thirdly each state ought to generate it's own power supply instead of this so called national grid. Some states are not generating yet they feed from the so called national grid
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by PreyingMantis(m): 11:05am On Apr 01, 2016
obailala:
Lol... This is a record breaker cheesy

But then, did all the gas plants and all the hydro plants simultaneously just switch off at the same time?.... Or could it have been a momentary instrument failure causing the system operators/TCN to be unable to measure total power produced?... This is a real record breaker if true grin
The Dullard is hell-bent on breaking every available negative record. Don't say that we never warned you people. 2019 is sure going to be a very long and bumpy ride for Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Biafra Protesters Arrested In Buckingham Palace, London (Photo) / Man On Motorcycle Supports Buhari After Budget Presentation. PICS / Adebo Ogundoyin Of PDP Wins Oyo State Bye Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.