Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours (37357 Views)

FG Says Power Generation Is Up To 7000MW, Nigerians Reacts / Nigeria In Total Darkness; Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Several Hours / Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Several Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Chubhie: 7:50pm On Mar 31, 2016
dearpreye:

Hmm.....The ban long oooo
I think mynd44 is a nice and professional guy.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 31, 2016
Chubhie:

I think mynd44 is a nice and professional guy.

Hmm.......I was wondering what your offence was.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by oduastates: 7:57pm On Mar 31, 2016
Common sense dictates that the country is too complex and heterogeneous for an ever too big,bumbling and incompetent entity ( aka federal government).
The federal government that is unable to finds his way around maitama will never be able to supply adequately pure water if she tried.
I listened to Fashola monologue on YouTube and his naive confidence in the so called free market ( in Nigeria's case, the crony market) tells me that he lives in an alternate reality.

In that monologue, he said something must people must have missed.
He said that one of the discos needed only N9 billion to provide meters for all their customers. Yet that disco would have to go to the banks to raise the money.
The fact that the do called private disco cannot raise 9 billion fast enough for total coverage tells me that the owners should not have been sold the license.

I remember when GSM came. Those guys had to take foreign loans running into billions of to erect their infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Reference(m): 8:01pm On Mar 31, 2016
juman:
Solar and other sources of power generation is needed.

Power generation from gas is epileptic.

It is too obvious. No nation starts its march to industrialization on gas power. It is too complex. The US, Japan, China, all Europe started with coal for power, for steel production, for cement production. It is cheap, abundant, safe and unattractive to theft. Gas is like electricity. It is dangerous, expensive, attractive to steal and its transport is limited. Like electricity, once a pipeline is punctured, even a small hole and the pressure falls, the plant is useless without storage and none of our plants store gas (very expensive - you have to compress it, liquify it and keep it chilled. Where is the power for that). We should abandon gas in the medium term until our economy is founded. We restructure, solve the Delta question, create wealth, lift the poorest and become civilised. Gas is for civilised people not Nigerians that cannot find responsibility in paying utility bills. You can imagine the carnage if NGC was piping gas to homes and Nnamdi wanted to by-pass meters, not connected Wole wanted to tap from gas mains and Kabiru wakes up in the morning to start digging wells.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Mentcee(m): 8:01pm On Mar 31, 2016
Aviero:
And some people will be happy with this kind of news. I wonder what kinda bástards will rejoice at the news of dearth of development in their own country.. SMH!
You sound like a demented zombie. Why?
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by excel101(m): 8:03pm On Mar 31, 2016
Mrsprof:
Now I know why we don't have light since morning. God am beginning to get scared of what tomorrow holds for my dear nation Nigeria.
What is dis one saying. He's talking as if they available electricity every morning........ APC faithful
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by toniok: 8:03pm On Mar 31, 2016
Pdp caused all these power problems we are facing today. The source of this gas is in Delta ,bayelsa, rivers states etc, yet they went and built the power plants in Ogun, Ondo states etc. And each day we face challenges of sabotage of the pipeline.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by prinsam30: 8:04pm On Mar 31, 2016
am I still in this country?

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by bilazego(m): 8:07pm On Mar 31, 2016
mile12crises:
Has Buhari's body language disappeared?

No, na body odour wey don stop to the smell.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by OlujobaSamuel: 8:09pm On Mar 31, 2016
Balkan:
Why is Tinubu not calling for Fashola to resign.
Hypocrisy. Yoruba propaganda wants Kachukwu to resign
so you can say he never supported brf nomination or because brf no attend birthday party?
Fear Nigerians.
Go back to read the news, tinubu never said Kachukwu to resign, APC SE did.
he condemned his utterance and also said he wasn't forced to take the job, how that equates to resignation, I no know.
@topic, brf abi na adeshina, you are there to face the vandals, so don't give us this thrash, we are paying for your hardship allowance already.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by bilazego(m): 8:09pm On Mar 31, 2016
xav1:

youu are lying because we have light here in eket around 2:10pm, they took it around after twelve and brought it at 2:10pm, so confirm your fact.

you don't even know that Mobil and ALSCON gives light to that area
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by datopaper(m): 8:11pm On Mar 31, 2016
Nay buhari cause ham. Full stop
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Reference(m): 8:13pm On Mar 31, 2016
dustydee:
Not true, power generation can never be 0MW. A system collapse is not the same as no power generated. It simply means none was transmitted on to the grid.

Both generating and transmissions are parts of a system. They are connected and affect one another.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by OlujobaSamuel: 8:16pm On Mar 31, 2016
Reference:

It is too obvious. No nation starts its march to industrialization on gas power. It is too complex. The US, Japan, China, all Europe started with coal for power, for steel production, for cement production. It is cheap, abundant, safe and unattractive to theft. Gas is like electricity. It is dangerous, expensive, attractive to steal and its transport is limited. Like electricity, once a pipeline is punctured, even a small hole and the pressure falls, the plant is useless without storage and none of our plants store gas (very expensive - you have to compress it, liquify it and keep it chilled. Where is the power for that). We should abandon gas in the medium term until our economy is founded. We restructure, solve the Delta question, create wealth, lift the poorest and become civilised. Gas is for civilised people not Nigerians that cannot find responsibility in paying utility bills. You can imagine the carnage if NGC was piping gas to homes and Nnamdi wanted to by-pass meters, not connected Wole wanted to tap from gas mains and Kabiru wakes up in the morning to start digging wells.
I know so much about power that I can write it out only by spelling POWER.
if what you say is true and you can also put it to practice, I pray and hope someone that knows someone who knows where someone is getting it done get connected to you, so you can help uss and help yourself get richer and fulfilled.
I love your analysis of the problem and your solution. But no fall hand when you get there ooo, I go send curse with the same hand o
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by xav1: 8:17pm On Mar 31, 2016
AyakaDunukofia:
The Bible warned us about the 'words of our mouths'

Fashola's chest-beating statement before being appointed to prove his mettlle, continues to disgrace him.

He should pray the power ministry don't wipe away the little, if any, that remains of his political clout before his praise singers.

So true, cos he's broken records on negatives than any of his predecessors.
the guy is lying we had light around 2pm in my place, presently am enjoying light in eket, I don't know if our light is not among national grid.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by oglalasioux(m): 8:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
We'll leave generator importers sabotaging the system and blame vandals. The generating companies know the game they are playing with the importers. Nobody should expect any improvement to power generation in Nigeria soon.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by donj84: 8:33pm On Mar 31, 2016
mile12crises:
Nigeria’s power generation collapsed completely on Thursday at exactly 12.58pm to zero megawatt and this persisted for about three hours.

Data from the country’s System Operator showed that around 1pm on Thursday, no power generation company in Nigeria produced a single megawatt of electricity.

Industry operators told our correspondent that as a result of the complete collapse, no electricity distribution company received load allocation beginning from when the collapse was recorded up till around 3pm.

The SO stated that the 11 distribution companies got zero electricity load allocation during the period of the collapse, meaning that for about three hours on Thursday no part of Nigeria got power supply from the national grid.

Our correspondent, however, gathered that supply of electricity was restored around 3pm.

For instance, out of the 450MW that was due Abuja Electricity Distribution Company, the Disco only got about 50MW when the situation began to improve.

Before the collapse, AEDC got an allocation of 257.97MW and the nationwide generation level stood at 2,243.2MW.
Sources in the sector blamed the complete collapse in power generation on the extent of destruction of infrastructure and gas pipelines vandalism that had happened in the industry over the past years, as well as the poor upgrade of power installations across the country.

“The power crisis being experienced nationwide since Tuesday this week has worsened on Thursday with a total system collapse at exactly 12.58pm this afternoon. At that point, the nation went to ground zero, with all the Discos receiving zero MW allocation from the System Operator,” an operator in the sector told our correspondent in confidence.
Officials from the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing as well as private investors, had attributed the never-ending fall in electricity generation to vandalism of gas pipelines and destruction of vital infrastructure in the industry by miscreants.

“Aside pipelines vandalism, some miscreants have been involved in the destruction of vital power infrastructure and this has been affecting not just generation but transmission and distribution as well,” a senior official at the power ministry who spoke on condition of anonymity as he was not authorised to speak on the matter, had said.
The official also stressed that the ongoing difficulty in the downstream oil industry was also impacting negatively on the power sector.

http://www.punchng.com/power-generation-crumbles-to-0mw-for-several-hours/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Sorry to say ooooo, is it after ApC took over that they destroyed the engines and pipeline because wen PDP was der, we didn't have issues of total collapse of electricity..so I don't know were they are getting all this excuse oooo..this is the result of not been sensitive in selecting pple into position..God help Naija my lovely country
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by juman(m): 8:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
Reference:

You are right.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by hollyfat(m): 8:38pm On Mar 31, 2016
ticker:
buhari should resign honourably
I concur
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 31, 2016
mile12crises:

He too is shocked at the ugly development

Shock ké where you see NEPA?
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 31, 2016
xav1:
the guy is lying we had light around 2pm in my place, presently am enjoying light in eket, I don't know if our light is not among national grid.

Are you in Eket or at Ibeuno? Mobil power plant is extended to some areas. Cross check.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Abagworo(m): 8:42pm On Mar 31, 2016
This power crisis is not being felt in Rivers State as we've had stable power all these while with only 1 to 3hrs interruption per day. I want to believe its the Odili/Amaechi power projects at work.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by willibounce1(m): 8:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
This is what we get when a lawyer is the minister of Power. It is easy to sit in a corner and criticise. Oya Oga SAN give us power na as e no be rocket science. You think you are still in lagos where you use 419 to deceive ppl? Your yansh don open. Fashola no sabi shingbain. He only knows how to pretend to look serious. Shior!
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 31, 2016
xav1:

youu are lying because we have light here in eket around 2:10pm, they took it around after twelve and brought it at 2:10pm, so confirm your fact.

u talk like dis cos u dnt knw hw power is generated, please b informed that the power u enjoyed was generated long before d collapse. plz do urself a favour and read wide. dnt b like fashola a lawyer turned engineer.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by kingsamosy(m): 8:55pm On Mar 31, 2016
i wonder how buhari intend adding 2000MW by the end of this year, and the magic wand with which he will use to produce 10,000MW by 2019. if this people dey lie make them atleast know Nigerians are not fools. APC!!!!!! Change!!!!! We pleaded, we beged, we tried make zombies see reason, they said if not change, nothing else. We are all suffering and smiling now, zombies and wailers alike.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by stevecantrell: 9:02pm On Mar 31, 2016
AyakaDunukofia:
The Bible warned us about the 'words of our mouths'

Fashola's chest-beating statement before being appointed to prove his mettlle, continues to disgrace him.

He should pray the power ministry don't wipe away the little, if any, that remains of his political clout before his praise singers.

So true, cos he's broken records on negatives than any of his predecessors.

That's what happens when you're an insincere politician riding on the back of clueless sycophants.
Their sycophantic worship can only carry you so far...its not a substitute for concrete performance.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by buchilino(m): 9:07pm On Mar 31, 2016
Keneking:
Where is lalasticlala sef

Its good so that we can reset - using hard reset button. We have not achieved this feat before, we would let the machines rest for once.

At least we can begin to count....100MW to 10000MW by year end. Great action.

All these people shouting and screaming don't know that it takes time for turbines to power off and on. A boiler machine is a good example. They think is 220V switch, which powers off and on immediately.

Jonathan sef
WEN I READ COMMENTS LIKE URSELF, I UNDERSTAND MORE N MORE Y SOME CALL PPLE LIKE U ZOMBIES
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by dustydee: 9:16pm On Mar 31, 2016
Reference:

Both generating and transmissions are parts of a system. They are connected and affect one another.
I like the truth to be told. I am averse to sensationalism. We have system collapse often but to suggest zero generation is ridiculous and mischievous. In simple terms, the paper is saying Kainji, Shiroro, Jebba, Egbin, Omotosho, Papalanto, Sapele, Port Harcourt and all other power plants shut down at the same time.
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by BlackHummer(m): 9:19pm On Mar 31, 2016
SerialGist:

Even when he has less than 6months prior to 2019 elections, you'll still use this same line of defense. KWANTINU!!!

yes na. Sai bu.......
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by bayinq25(m): 9:36pm On Mar 31, 2016
ticker:
buhari is worse than a dullard, he is a retard
it's not about intellect,it's about integrity!
Re: Power Generation Crumbles To 0MW For Hours by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 31, 2016
Told them that he's an economic assassin, but they claimed his integrity will block loopholes.

We told them that he's corrupt just like his fellow croonies, but they claimed he never stole a dime.

We told them he's old, dull and slow, but they said they preferred a dullàrd that created Western Germany and President Mitchell's to a PhD holder that transformed the Agricultural sector of the economy.

We told them he doesn't have the moral standard, will and the technological knowhow to tackle corruption, but they claimed even witch hunting is fighting corruption.

We told them he's full of lies and deciet, but they hoped on the mirage NGN5,000 salary for the jobless and one meal pa day for their kids.

We told them that since he knew nothing about fuel subsidy, then he knows nothing about the petroleum industry/sector of the Nigerian economy but they claimed he'll stabilize world oil price and reduce PMS price to NGN40 per litre.

We told them he has no respect for the rule of law, but they claimed the judiciary was corrupt.

We told them his government is usually marked with heavy job losses and too harsh economic policies but they said they preferred to be jobless in a change government than to be gainfully employed in a Transformation government.

We told them he is not as humble as he looks but they said he had only NGN1million and 150 cows.

We told them that he's too old to govern, they claimed our youths are wasted generations.

We told them he doesn't have a certificate, they said he can use his NEPA bill.

We told them he's vindictive, but they said as far as they are concerned, he can employ all his family members, relatives and well wishers into his cabinet, even if they have no formal education, as long as they deliver.

We told them he's an enemy of democracy, they claimed they prefer his autocracy to the Nigerian Democracy.

We told them he's not humble but only a pretender, they said he'll sell off the presidential jets in order to cut cost of governance.

We told them he doesn't care about the Nigerian citizens, but they claimed he belongs to everybody and belongs to nobody, even though his appointments were mainly for the north, he embarks on fruitless journeys and speaks only to BBC Hausa.

We told them he supported Boko Haram, they told us that even if they found him in a meeting with Shekau and co, that wouldn't stop them from voting him.

We asked for any tangible thing he's done for the country after staying away from government for so long, they claimed it didn't matter.

We told him to get up from honeymoon and hit the ground running, but they called us wailers..

Finally, we told them he's a scam, but they shouted Sai Baba!

Behold Nigerians, here is your much desired change!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Benue Killings: Suswam Arrested By DSS - Libertytvradio.com Claims / Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out / Tony Momoh: APC Has Five National Leaders, Not Just One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.