Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (898967 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by methodjim: 8:08am On Jul 01, 2016
feddy27:

Hello dear, nice research. Can't find the Dr Lee's name amongst their ob/gyn. Also, how did you get the quote?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by methodjim: 8:24am On Jul 01, 2016
I contacted the hospital through the phone and spoke to the finiance departmnet that gave me the quote for delivery. I gave them my email and it was sent to me. As for Dr lee I used google search for OBGN/GYN in Riverside Califonia and got him. He has a relationship with parkview hospital still. I got his number and called for appointment and correspondence, a lady picked I guess the secretary and we started exchanging mails,they initially told me $2000 dollars but later gave a discount of $1700 upon request. I hope this is clear. I got a Nigeria Dr from the hospital but e wan use bill kill me na I run. The good thing about the hospital and Dr is no payment until arrival.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 01, 2016
nazstra:

Yes I used the letter as he sent it, and it wasnt a problem at all. And no I didn't get an additional letter from the hospital. The quotes from Dr F was all I had.

Thanks alot @Nazstra

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 8:41am On Jul 01, 2016
folamingo:
Purpose of Trip to the US: Temp. Business Pleasure Visitor (B). Specify: B2 - Tourism/Medical Treatment. So if you didn't pick that, you need to choose that for your application.
folamingo:
B2 for you. You might also want to go through the thread from the beginning so you can be well equipped for the interview. I am a testimony...lol
DrPinky:
Please which of the forms do I choose, B1B2 or B2 only, as I will want to have my baby in the US. Thanks as I expect your reply.
DrPinky:
I am an expectant mother for the second time,I desire to have my baby in the US. I am in my application process now. I will love to travel with my husband and my 17months old daughter. We are done filling the B1B2 form, but I am a bit confused, cos the b1b2 says tourism and business. Please help, am I to fill the B1B2 form or the B2 only. Please help me out. Thanks.

I'm gonna correct something. I have a B1/B2 visa I'm sure most of us here does. DRPINKY IS correct with the B1/b2. Picking only B2 isn't wrong but picking b1/b2 is also NOT wrong As a matter of fact it's broader. I've used my B1/b2 for child birth, for vacation, for training. I'm sure u get my point
DRPINKY ur B1/b2 is very correct.. You are on d right track

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 8:58am On Jul 01, 2016
Good morning all,

Am finally taking the route of black market to get dollars.floating rate or wurefa it's called no Dey help!
Changed my fit to fly to today July 1st to avoid akuko igbama.
Bikonu provoke not mamas/papas, kindly direct me to where I will see POE documents again.

HAPPY NEW MONTH EVERYONE! GOOD NEWS TO ALL THIS REMAINING HALF YEAR. Na we go tire for testimonies to us and peepz around.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 9:02am On Jul 01, 2016
firsttymum:

I'm gonna correct something. I have a B1/B2 visa I'm sure most of us here does. DRPINKY IS correct with the B1/b2. Picking only B2 isn't wrong but picking b1/b2 is also NOT wrong As a matter of fact it's broader. I've used my B1/b2 for child birth, for vacation, for training. I'm sure u get my point

Before you got your B1/B2 visa, what exactly did you apply for specifically as a first timer, a B1/B2, B2 or B1? Agreed that you may be able to apply for a B1/B2 ab initio, if you were taken up on it as a first timer by a VO, can you defend such application? And now, this application in question is for birthing purposes, what in our calculation should be the best and appropriate category to choose when we reach that section that asks us to SPECIFY (after choosing B category type) in our DS160 form as we fill it? First timers, even by conscience (in my opinion), will prefer to "jejelly" fill B2 in this scenario methinks! Good morning

#TheyAreRightBothWaysThoughButOneIsRighterThanTheOther!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 9:22am On Jul 01, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Before you got your B1/B2 visa, what exactly did you apply for specifically as a first timer, a B1/B2, B2 or B1? Agreed that you may be able to apply for a B1/B2 ab initio, if you were taken up on it as a first timer by a VO, can you defend such application? And now, this application in question is for birthing purposes, what in our calculation should be the best and appropriate category to choose when we reach that section that asks us to SPECIFY (after choosing B category type) in our DS160 form as we fill it? First timers, even by conscience (in my opinion), will prefer to "jejelly" fill B2 in this scenario methinks! Good morning

#TheyAreRightBothWaysThoughButOneIsRighterThanTheOther!
as a first timer I applied for b1/b2. And there are first timers who are even pregnant here that applied for b1/b2. Plsssss note I'm not saying he or she is wrong... But it doesn't mean applying for b1/b2 is also wrong

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 9:39am On Jul 01, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
Good morning all,

Am finally taking the route of black market to get dollars.floating rate or wurefa it's called no Dey help!
Changed my fit to fly to today July 1st to avoid akuko igbama.
Bikonu provoke not mamas/papas, kindly direct me to where I will see POE documents again.

HAPPY NEW MONTH EVERYONE! GOOD NEWS TO ALL THIS REMAINING HALF YEAR. Na we go tire for testimonies to us and peepz around.

Ur money grin
Dr's correspondence
Ur statement as in where the extra money is.
Hospital quotes
Bank app on ur phone. Incase dey want u to log in.

Delete anything incriminating
Empty ur wallet leave only what's important
Check ur sent items and inbox if there's anything u don't want them to see, delete. Inshort I deleted my email app from my phone.
Recheck ur text msgs.
If u filled u don't have a relative in d US ensure u delete traces of them on ur phone.
Check ur dialed numbers too.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by estasplash: 10:17am On Jul 01, 2016
njidekachi:
To God be thy Glory , my LO arrived 2 days ago . Dr mbagwu in los angeles as usual was on top of the game.

Mr fred into real estate ( my host, i am currently in one of his apartment) was God sent from above. May God reward him richly cos he has been very helpful and kind . I am really feeling at home thou I came all alone.

Ended up with csection cos was not dilating well after induction due long labour and babys heart beat was dropping well le.

Bill for csection still same

Wishing all expectant mothers safe delivery, Amen.

Pls can I get Dr Mbagwu and Mr Fred's contact. Estasplash@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Iyaboonibipe: 11:43am On Jul 01, 2016
Hello House, pls I need a sample of fit to fly certificate addressed to emirate airline. Ill be flying at 35 weeks.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 12:15pm On Jul 01, 2016
Iyaboonibipe:
Hello House, pls I need a sample of fit to fly certificate addressed to emirate airline. Ill be flying at 35 weeks.

Thank you.
Go to Emirates website. You would find all necessary information there.

http://www.emirates.com/english/plan_book/essential_information/health_and_travel/before_you_leave.aspx#/Travelling_while_pregnant
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by neks31(f): 12:38pm On Jul 01, 2016
ozycy:
Neks31

If you see please book for two. You have my details already. Infact book for two of us then you let me know so I can pay for both of us. You are welcome. Don't mention

Hahhaha ok dear!!!! Na wa ooo for this tix wahala

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 2:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
methodjim:
I contacted the hospital through the phone and spoke to the finiance departmnet that gave me the quote for delivery. I gave them my email and it was sent to me. As for Dr lee I used google search for OBGN/GYN in Riverside Califonia and got him. He has a relationship with parkview hospital still. I got his number and called for appointment and correspondence, a lady picked I guess the secretary and we started exchanging mails,they initially told me $2000 dollars but later gave a discount of $1700 upon request. I hope this is clear. I got a Nigeria Dr from the hospital but e wan use bill kill me na I run. The good thing about the hospital and Dr is no payment until arrival.

thanks dear. I contacted one email address i saw on their website and they forwarded the "Joypack Package" to me...

we don turn reserach fellows o...lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 2:06pm On Jul 01, 2016
Firsttymum,

This issue tire me o, when I was on this thread in 2013/2014, most people used B1/B2, only for me to get back here and sometimes see people being criticized and told that they should have picked B2 if they knew they were going for delivery as if they had committed a misrepresentation. I decided not to talk and just carried my visa , renewed. I don't even know if one would qualify for drop box renewal when your existing visa is B1/B2 and you now apply for B1, I guess they would just automatically issue you the same thing you had before.

I don't see why I would schedule interview and leave myself to the whims and moods of a VO just to get a B2 visa, and thankfully I wasn't picked for interview so nothing lost.

firsttymum:

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 2:16pm On Jul 01, 2016
firsttymum:

Sugar you are all correct.
However i think i agree with picking B2 only o. WhY?
For my renewal i ticked B2 and at interview i told dem childbirth. My visa was issued and it bears B1/B2.

I think they may be bound to issue B1/B2 regardless of what you choose so that you can use the visa without restrictions. However il advice she chooses B2 to clear any doubt and lay her plans bear.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ccemordi(m): 2:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
My wonderful ppl !!!To God Be the glory... DW and I got our B2 visa today ( Lagos 7:30 am appointment)

Below is my transcript

WE: Good morning with a smile
V O: (A lady)Good morning ..passport Please..... we gave her.
V O: Where are you going?
ME: Houston Texas
V O: For what?
ME: To have our baby and i would be assisting my wife before and after her delivery
V O: Why Texas and why the Hospital?
ME: My Uncle in TEXAS recommended the Hospital to me , i did my research and check the customer review which is very good
V O: What do you do Sir?
ME: I own my Company and We do beep and beep
V O: TO DW.. What do you do ma'am
DW: Public Relation Officer at XYZ ...
V O: Can i see your document
ME: What document do you want (My response was intentional..Wanted her to be more specific)
V O: Financial statement, Doctor's correspondence, hospital, Budget sheet
ME: I told her it will cost Approximately $18k cos my wife would be having a C-section (Gave her my bank statement, Budget sheet, hospital and doctor's correspondence and the receipt from both Hospital and doctor)
V O: Notice i paid some amount and asked did you pay this amount with your card?
ME: Yes with my naira mastercard (Forming CEO with my blazer lol)
V O: Is this your first?
ME: No its our second
V O: So your baby is also traveling with you or who is she going to be with here
ME: NO, She will be with my Mom
V O: (V O looks very impressed nodding her head) then she kept tying
ME: Started Praying in my Mind...For God's Favor oo
V O: Congratulations your Visa has been Approved and gave us the almighty WHITE Paper
ME: I Suddenly went deaf.. i no hear anything again ( But DW said she said we should carry all this documents we took to the embassy when travel.
US: Smiling ..Thank You Ma.

The V.O that interview us was just bouncing people before us.. She even denied my friend who is a actor visa just few minutes before us but I thank God for his Grace.

Thanks to the Gurus in the house ...Most especially @LadyGuinivere , @blaize777 and @all NL Family

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 2:24pm On Jul 01, 2016
firsttymum:

Ur money grin
Dr's correspondence
Hospital quotes

Check ur sent items and inbox if there's anything u don't want them to see, delete. Inshort I deleted my email app from my phone.
Recheck ur text msgs.
If u filled u don't have a relative in d US ensure u delete traces of them on ur phone.

These got me laughing... But brings serious food for thought. Biko people why would anyone deny having relatives unless d relatives are illegally present or in jail?

Biko this our applications even though seemingly do or die isnt really do or die. Honesty is key!
If them give you be thankful and if they dont...you can always reapply or wait and find out Gods plan.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 2:31pm On Jul 01, 2016
ccemordi:
My wonderful ppl !!!To God Be the glory... DW and I got our B2 visa today ( Lagos 7:30 am appointment)

Below is my transcript

WE: Good morning with a smile
V O: (A lady)Good morning ..passport Please..... we gave her.
V O: Where are you going?
ME: Houston Texas
V O: For what?
ME: To have our baby and i would be assisting my wife before and after her delivery
V O: Why Texas and why the Hospital?
ME: My Uncle in TEXAS recommended the Hospital to me , i did my research and check the customer review which is very good
V O: What do you do Sir?
ME: I own my Company and We do beep and beep
V O: TO DW.. What do you do ma'am
DW: Public Relation Officer at XYZ ...
V O: Can i see your document
ME: What document do you want (My response was intentional..Wanted her to be more specific)
V O: Financial statement, Doctor's correspondence, hospital, Budget sheet
ME: I told her it will cost Approximately $18k cos my wife would be having a C-section (Gave her my bank statement, Budget sheet, hospital and doctor's correspondence and the receipt from both Hospital and doctor)
V O: Notice i paid some amount and asked did you pay this amount with your card?
ME: Yes with my naira mastercard (Forming CEO with my blazer lol)
V O: Is this your first?
ME: No its our second
V O: So your baby is also traveling with you or who is she going to be with here
ME: NO, She will be with my Mom
V O: (V O looks very impressed nodding her head) then she kept tying
ME: Started Praying in my Mind...For God's Favor oo
V O: Congratulations your Visa has been Approved and gave us the almighty WHITE Paper
ME: I Suddenly went deaf.. i no hear anything again ( But DW said she said we should carry all this documents we took to the embassy when travel.
US: Smiling ..Thank You Ma.

The V.O that interview us was just bouncing people before us.. She even denied my friend who is a actor visa just few minutes before us but I thank God for his Grace.

Thanks to the Gurus in the house ...Most especially @LadyGuinivere , @blaize777 and @all NL Family

Dont we just love this part ?
When they blank off bcz d most important part at time of application has been heard.
Goodluck n best prayers.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by olokings(m): 2:34pm On Jul 01, 2016
neks neks!!!...

i really gbadu sharp shooters...

nothing beats when parent and child are strolling later in the future and people will be commenting... mehn i like dis your sister ooh (#winks)....

abeg do all the ones you want quick quick and begin make si'si while dem Nerf still dey fold BLOW for labour room because dem do sisi in btw.... grin cool wink

neks31:
Good day all.. I'm traveling in oct/nov and won't like to pay past 280 for flight!!! Yes u heard right lol. Pls someone should look out for a sista on a budget lmaoo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 2:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
Iyaboonibipe:

Thank you.

You don't need sample. What should be on your fit to fly is how many weeks u are far gone,your EFD and your Dr stating that u are fit to fly. It must be in the hospital letter head whether public&private but not port&it must be stamped and signed. Make sure u a copy cos they would collect one from you at the point of checking you in
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 2:55pm On Jul 01, 2016
Before nko? We should be careful of saying we have people o, sometimes we don't know the status of such people, make person no go put them for trouble.

Another reason why people deny having people is that sometimes they think they may help you settle down in the US and not come back home. It can be detrimental to 'have people'

Ajujuju2:

These got me laughing... But brings serious food for thought. Biko people why would anyone deny having relatives unless d relatives are illegally present or in jail?

Biko this our applications even though seemingly do or die isnt really do or die. Honesty is key!
If them give you be thankful and if they dont...you can always reapply or wait and find out Gods plan.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 3:14pm On Jul 01, 2016
happytbaby:
Before nko? We should be careful of saying we have people o, sometimes we don't know the status of such people, make person no go put them for trouble.

Another reason why people deny having people is that sometimes they think they may help you settle down in the US and not come back home. It can be detrimental to 'have people'

I dnt agree o!
Remember the saying that a liar has no memory?

What if the applicant requires a diffrnt kind of application in future? We cnt always b sure how these things go but your statements will always be on record so b careful.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 3:17pm On Jul 01, 2016
happytbaby:

You don't have a choice than to declare that info in your application form or during the interview if asked especially if the person is a family member.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by olokings(m): 3:21pm On Jul 01, 2016
Call Firsty for your #crime scene clean up expert.

Firsty the firsty... i trust ur ministry.

firsttymum:

Ur money grin
Dr's correspondence
Hospital quotes

Recheck ur text msgs.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 3:24pm On Jul 01, 2016
firsttymum:
as a first timer I applied for b1/b2. And there are first timers who are even pregnant here that applied for b1/b2. Plsssss note I'm not saying he or she is wrong... But it doesn't mean applying for b1/b2 is also wrong
Okay, dig, same page. However note that choosing B1/B2 when making payment at GTB, choosing B1/B2 when drawing your appointment, and choosing B1, B2 or B1/B2 specifically while filling your DS160 are three different scenarios and i refer to the DS160 scenario for first timers (and not renewal) in my earlier submission. And yes, I know it is B1/B2 that will be issued thereafter, almost all the time.

#JustForYourAttentionAllTheSame
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 4:00pm On Jul 01, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Okay, dig, same page. However note that choosing B1/B2 when making payment at GTB, choosing B1/B2 when drawing your appointment, and choosing B1, B2 or B1/B2 specifically while filling your DS160 are three different scenarios and i refer to the DS160 scenario for first timers (and not renewal) in my earlier submission. And yes, I know it is B1/B2 that will be issued thereafter, almost all the time.

#JustForYourAttentionAllTheSame

I'm also talking about ds160 b1/b2 first timer scenario.
Abi o... Most of the time they give them b1/b2.
Correct me if I'm wrong for Abuja only b1/b2 option is there... Or something like that
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 4:02pm On Jul 01, 2016
olokings:
Call Firsty for your #crime scene clean up expert.

Firsty the firsty... i trust ur ministry.

It's to clear every and any Damn thing....
There's no time to speak "funne"... Any time I read "they went through my wallet and phone" it irks me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 4:08pm On Jul 01, 2016
Happytbaby
I tire o...
kiss kiss

Ccemordi
Awww congratulations.

Ur child staying back with ur mum is one super strong tie....

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TOKNOW: 4:24pm On Jul 01, 2016
DrPinky:
I am an expectant mother for the second time,I desire to have my baby in the US. I am in my application process now. I will love to travel with my husband and my 17months old daughter. We are done filling the B1B2 form, but I am a bit confused, cos the b1b2 says tourism and business. Please help, am I to fill the B1B2 form or the B2 only. Please help me out. Thanks.

My dear, for your own, when you click B1/B2, another question will come up saying specify, then you click on B2 which is for medical. For your hubby and daughter, when you click B1/B2, then for the specify question, choose vacation and tourism/ tourism and business.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TOKNOW: 4:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
DrPinky:
Please which of the forms do I choose, B1B2 or B2 only, as I will want to have my baby in the US. Thanks as I expect your reply.

My dear, after choosing B1/B2, another question comes up asking you to specify, then you now choose B2.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.