Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,753 members, 7,813,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (898965 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 4:30pm On Jul 01, 2016
firsttymum:

I'm also talking about ds160 b1/b2 first timer scenario.
Abi o... Most of the time they give them b1/b2.
Correct me if I'm wrong for Abuja only b1/b2 option is there... Or something like that
Perfect, very correct for Abuja (no B2, you have B1 and B1/B2) unlike Lagos where you have all three options, but that is for appointment scheduling, not the filling of your DS160 form. Just go and peep your previous form sha especially the one you were yet a first timer and you will be surprised you likely filled B2 (the TRAVEL INFORMATION part of it as shown below, it has three options and I still believe it is more appropriate for birthing purpose first timers to pick the B2 option, even those on vacation/tourism).

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 4:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
I yaf tire

Omobendel24

But What of those in Abuja
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 4:57pm On Jul 01, 2016
firsttymum:
I yaf tire

Omobendel24

But What of those in Abuja

Whether Abuja or Lagos, you have to pick one of this three options below WHILE FILLING YOUR DS160 FORM even if you didn't have a direct "confrontation" with them while paying your MRVisa fee at GTB and while scheduling your appointment for either Abuja or Lagos. How then do you deal most appropriately when asked to SPECIFY as a birthing purpose first timer now that you have selected the B class option (under PURPOSE OF TRIP TO THE U.S.)?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mummybee: 5:06pm On Jul 01, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

University of Nigeria Teaching hospital Enugu/san bernadino

Honestly you'll pass for a clown.!!! Laughed do hard my tummy started aching. I feel unnecessarily awkward when I see a question from him/her.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by phemmy26(m): 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
mummybee:

Honestly you'll pass for a clown.!!! Laughed do hard my tummy started aching. I feel unnecessarily awkward when I see a question from him/her.

Lol...i had to confirm and realized that all the 32posts were all questions and even the those that were answered were not even acknowledged and not even a thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bubelahot: 6:24pm On Jul 01, 2016
Dear customer, ensure that payments for int'l card transactions (ATM, POS and WEB) are made in the local currency of the country of visit or foreign website where transaction is taking place. By paying in Naira you may be billed at a lower rate than our bank's approved rate and the difference will be recovered from your account. 012769676
Just received this from my bank...Stanbic ibtc
So beware!!! for all my fellow mates shopping from amazon... Me inclusive...ok!! I Await their deductions.. cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by babyokujide(f): 6:24pm On Jul 01, 2016
Hello everyone,
Please has anyone tried to add infant ticket with Qatar airways+wakanow.
I am getting a $700 bill chineke!
Where I want get that kind money.

Anyone being in this situation.

Pls let me know asap. Thanks a bunch
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 6:26pm On Jul 01, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Whether Abuja or Lagos, you have to pick one of this three options below WHILE FILLING YOUR DS160 FORM even if you didn't have a direct "confrontation" with them while paying your MRVisa fee at GTB and while scheduling your appointment for either Abuja or Lagos. How then do you deal most appropriately when asked to SPECIFY as a birthing purpose first timer now that you have selected the B class option (under PURPOSE OF TRIP TO THE U.S.)?
I selected b1/b2 for mine. And a couple of peeps have asked here and they also selected b1/b2.

When u get to the VO
Their first question is usually almost always why are u going to the US.

ARE YOU SAYING THOSE BASED IN ABUJA SHOULD FILL LAGOS FORMS? BECAUSE THERE'S NO B2 ALONE OPTION IN ABUJA.

I DIDN'T SAY FILLING B2 ALONE IS WRONG BUT FILLING B1/B2 IS ALSO NOT WRONG

HONESTLY I'M DONE WITH THIS ARGUMENT.
IT IS NOT WRONG TO FILL B1/B2 FOR A FIRST TIMER INTENDING TO GIVE BIRTH

LOADS OF PEOPLE FILLED B1/B2 AS A FIRST TIMER AND THEY GOT THEIR VISAS.

NO OFFENSE BUT PLS I'M SERIOUSLY DONE WITH THIS BACK AND FORTH. I'm bored

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 6:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
babyokujide:
Hello everyone,

did u call the airline to add tickets.

Btw is what United charged me to mine

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jossy404: 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
Well for our own we choose b2 for both of us and our visa when it came out carry B1/B2

TOKNOW:

My dear, for your own, when you click B1/B2, another question will come up saying specify, then you click on B2 which is for medical. For your hubby and daughter, when you click B1/B2, then for the specify question, choose vacation and tourism/ tourism and business.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 6:40pm On Jul 01, 2016
Luckyman23

We r changing ur name to kweshunaire.
Truly u have 32 posts and all of them are questions. shocked
U don't truly acknowledge a post. Ordinary Simple thank you.

I also noticed u sound like u r male and sometimes female

U r an agent until proven otherwise.

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Maggie0133: 6:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
Dear mums and dads, please when we eventually get to the US. let's drop some of our naija mentality. I guess most doctors that stopped taking Nigerian patients did not make that decision because some people defaulted in payment but some because of our strong head and stubbornness. Though they want to make money they would not do anything detrimental to their Liscence. If your feel strong and doctor and their equipment/gadgets states otherwise, please follow medical advice. It will only do u good and other Nigerian patients will come other you. Let's not rubbish the better health care we all 'sing' abt.

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cindermum: 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2016
I think you should call the airline instead of going thru wakanow, I'm almost cert that u ll get a cheaper quote. I got my ticket from wakanow and when I wanted to add LO, I called etihad and twas 10% of my return date's ticket.

babyokujide:
Hello everyone,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebonychic18(f): 7:22pm On Jul 01, 2016
Maggie0133:
Dear mums and dads, please when we eventually get to the US. let's drop some of our naija mentality. I guess most doctors that stopped taking Nigerian patients did not make that decision because some people defaulted in payment but some because of our strong head and stubbornness. Though they want to make money they would not do anything detrimental to their Liscence. If your feel strong and doctor and their equipment/gadgets states otherwise, please follow medical advice. It will only do u good and other Nigerian patients will come other you. Let's not rubbish the better health care we all 'sing' abt.
thank you for this post. Our sabi sabi too much. After travelling thousands of miles to obodo oyibo for [/b]better health care[b] I tire! The stories I hear I simply can't process them. God help us.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Udiboy(f): 8:01pm On Jul 01, 2016
Thank you all for the contribution.
My parents finally came yesterday via Qatar airways.
They brought d snail(fried) and the red oil lol.

They spent 4.5 hours at immigration because of the Intensified security check for July 4 and too many travelers

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 8:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
firsttymum:

I'm gonna correct something. I have a B1/B2 visa I'm sure most of us here does. DRPINKY IS correct with the B1/b2. Picking only B2 isn't wrong but picking b1/b2 is also NOT wrong As a matter of fact it's broader. I've used my B1/b2 for child birth, for vacation, for training. I'm sure u get my point
DRPINKY ur B1/b2 is very correct.. You are on d right track

One mama here was denied the 1st time and asked to go and apply for B2. I forgot her moniker. After she reapplied as B2 she wa given. Sometimes these VO'S brain de touch o

Modified: I think it's babyokujide

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 8:08pm On Jul 01, 2016
Ajujuju2:

These got me laughing... But brings serious food for thought. Biko people why would anyone deny having relatives unless d relatives are illegally present or in jail?

Biko this our applications even though seemingly do or die isnt really do or die. Honesty is key!
If them give you be thankful and if they dont...you can always reapply or wait and find out Gods plan.

When you lie the first time, you have to keep lying. They lied on their application, so it's only sensible to keep denying that they have relatives so that d story will gel

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 8:13pm On Jul 01, 2016
olokings:
neks neks!!!...

i really gbadu sharp shooters...

nothing beats when parent and child are strolling later in the future and people will be commenting... mehn i like dis your sister ooh (#winks)....

abeg do all the ones you want quick quick and begin make si'si while dem Nerf still dey fold BLOW for labour room because dem do sisi in btw.... grin cool wink

angry shocked

Uncle you see me for dream

Lolz, my MIL still brought ds talk yesterday. I told her we have planned 2018. She just laughed and said if you check dictionary, there's a word called 'mistake' and it comes before 'planned'

Laugh nearly kee me! I still maintain my 2018 o, biko, make una leave me. Na who wear she know where e pinch.

Broadcasting live from Germany, where it's 8pm and day never dark. Secretly, I'm worried

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 8:17pm On Jul 01, 2016
babyokujide:
Hello everyone,

When you have your baby, just call the airline. Chk my post on buying from agent and making changes with airline, esp Qatar

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Harjeehbaday(m): 9:24pm On Jul 01, 2016
Reporting live from Jet blue airways 35k ft above sea level from JFK to Houston....
Flew Airfrance from Lagos yesterday, no one asked for fitness to fly, POE was uneventful and my bags were not checked at agriculture.
Had 40 mins delay at France and was scared I would miss my 1.50pm flight to HOU. Thank God everything went well, am still cruising the flight now..
Will share my story in full when I settle in houston...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by aprilconcept: 12:38am On Jul 02, 2016
Please I need to seek fertility help in the US, how do I go about it? How do I get gynecologist? Will the gynecologist invite me after getting one?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 12:47am On Jul 02, 2016
aprilconcept:
Please I need to seek fertility help in the US, how do I go about it? How do I get gynecologist? Will the gynecologist invite me after getting one?

This is a new one. But a very important question. I really can't help, but I'm hoping someone else can provide an answer to this
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by omoba88: 1:41am On Jul 02, 2016
Hi guys, i'd like to appreciate everyone on this thread for their comments. Pls I and my wife submitted an application for a tourist visa sometimes in MAY not knowing and were given visas on Monday but right now I'm thinking of having her give birth in the US because she's due in early Dec. My question is do i write a letter of change of intent because we intend travelling early August and what are the chances that our visas wont be voided? pls I need help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 1:45am On Jul 02, 2016
aprilconcept:
Narrow your search to a state
Search for hospitals.
Email them. The patient co-ordinator will get back to you. All the back and forth between you guys is correspondence. That can be used for visa application. You can also get an appointment.
If the Virginia/ maryland area is ok you can check
1. Shady grove- they have many branches
2.Inova
You can pm me. I think I still have the business card of one co ordinator like that

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 1:53am On Jul 02, 2016
omoba88:
Hi guys, i'd like to appreciate everyone on this thread for their comments. Pls I and my wife submitted an application for a tourist visa sometimes in MAY not knowing and were given visas on Monday but right now I'm thinking of having her give birth in the US because she's due in early Dec. My question is do i write a letter of change of intent because we intend travelling early August and what are the chances that our visas wont be voided? pls I need help
Not knowing what exactly? Tht you were pregnant? Oor that you should declare? Cos its clear you know very well u intend to give birth in the US and already have a plan outlined. And the purpose of this question is just to validate that plan
From this night , take out time. Read from like 50 -100 pages back. Your question has been hashed and re hashed. You have enough time . Before day break u willl be enlightened

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by adsli: 2:46am On Jul 02, 2016
aprilconcept:

For fertility, u mean ivf? If yes, i suggest czech republic. It is way cheaper than us.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by babyokujide(f): 4:01am On Jul 02, 2016
firsttymum:
did u call the airline to add tickets.

Btw is what United charged me to mine

My dear eeeh! D matter Taya me but God dey!
$700 is what Qatar lagos office quoted 4 me after I called Qatar US and was told I can't pay for any flight as far as its landing in lagos cos dey don't accept payment for LOS flights over d phone be it credit/debit card(am thinking they have been defrauded or somtin cos d lady says it's a new coy policy). So I asked the lady what do I do then, so she said d only way is to have some1 walk into their ofc @ empire state building/@d airport and pay the cash ($150) with my booking ref n baby's info. My BIL has contacted his frnd who lives in newyork to make the payment.
Am sharing this for mamas that flew with Qatar so u can plan ahead.

Mw, wakanow starting ignoring my calls after I disturb them Taya (I got the engaged tone).
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by babyokujide(f): 4:15am On Jul 02, 2016
nefertitiram:

One mama here was denied the 1st time and asked to go and apply for B2. I forgot her moniker. After she reapplied as B2 she wa given. Sometimes these VO'S brain de touch o

Modified: I think it's babyokujide

Hehehe, @ Nerf no be me ooo. I renewed my visa (B1/B2) in 2014 for vacay n was used then, got preggy+discovered and joined this thread 2015. I read d story too but can't rmbr d moniker @ all.
@poster i'll advise you choose d B2 option biko make u no jam VO that had a nightmare!

You knw I can't call d airline until when baby's passport is ready cos of his pp number
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ifax(f): 4:26am On Jul 02, 2016
aprilconcept:

If u r looking at orlando area, try contacting fertility care in winterpark.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 6:15am On Jul 02, 2016
babyokujide:

Hehehe, @ Nerf no be me ooo. I renewed my visa (B1/B2) in 2014 for vacay n was used then, got preggy+discovered and joined this thread 2015. I read d story too but can't rmbr d moniker @ all.
@poster i'll advise you choose d B2 option biko make u no jam VO that had a nightmare!

You knw I can't call d airline until when baby's passport is ready cos of his pp number

No vex bare. Information overload. Don't worry bout baby tkt. When u r ready call airline forget d aagent
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 6:52am On Jul 02, 2016
U weren't very specific. Ur tourist visa, is it B1B2? If so,no need to write Change of Intent letter. Just ensure u tidy Dr's appointment,pay any required fees like first appointment and travel with all your receipts and email correspondence.
I wrote Change of Intent letter and thats what I was told.
I'm also due early Dec so see u at d airport! grin

omoba88:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 6:58am On Jul 02, 2016
Chai! I envy those dat can afford to travel 3-4 months before EDD. As for me, if I could travel at 38wks and be assured all is well -and don't need Fit to Fly, dat will be awesome! Not to mention, risk of on-air delivery! shocked
I need my maternity leave like popcorn needs ground nut! tongue

TripleKMama:
U weren't very specific. Ur tourist visa, is it B1B2? If so,no need to write Change of Intent letter. Just ensure u tidy Dr's appointment,pay any required fees like first appointment and travel with all your receipts and email correspondence.
I wrote Change of Intent letter and thats what I was told.
I'm also due early Dec so see u at d airport! grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.