Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (899439 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 12:56pm On Apr 03, 2016
Theodora:
Hello Everyone,

I would like to thank everyone that responded to my question earlier in Part 3.
I would also like to say that my journey to the USA was a breeze. I arrived Apr 1 and despite my obvious belly I was only asked 2 questions

Officer at POE :Why are you visiting the US.

Me: For my vacation

Officer at POE: What do you do?

Me: HR manager at bla bla ......

Officer at POE: ok welcome .Stamps me in for 6months and wishes me good luck.
They didn't check my bag or anything..

I went in through Houston.

Thank you

First of all congratulations.

I don't mean to sound like a parrot repeating what others have said but not telling the truth isn't really beneficial to you on the long run. You may have met a CBP officer who was busy or otherwise occupied and so he asked just two questions, but here's the thing, the truth must be told for the records.

It's now on the records that you came in pregnant ( heavily since you referred to your obvious belly and intending to give birth) but only declared vacation. Not sure that was a wise decision oh.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 1:45pm On Apr 03, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

First of all congratulations.

I don't mean to sound like a parrot repeating what others have said but not telling the truth isn't really beneficial to you on the long run. You may have met a CBP officer who was busy or otherwise occupied and so he asked just two questions, but here's the thing, the truth must be told for the records.

It's now on the records that you came in pregnant ( heavily since you referred to your obvious belly and intending to give birth) but only declared vacation. Not sure that was a wise decision oh.
Of course its not a wise desicion. Somebody just posted a story on how her visa ws cancelled because because she used it to birth without declaring.
I'm always appalled when people with resources to this thread and all the info contained therein spurn the knowledge and then later when some run into difficulties they start seeking for medicine after death

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Vlesparza: 2:21pm On Apr 03, 2016
Theodora:
Hello Everyone,

I would like to thank everyone that responded to my question earlier in Part 3.
I would also like to say that my journey to the USA was a breeze. I arrived Apr 1 and despite my obvious belly I was only asked 2 questions

Officer at POE :Why are you visiting the US.

Me: For my vacation

Officer at POE: What do you do?

Me: HR manager at bla bla ......

Officer at POE: ok welcome .Stamps me in for 6months and wishes me good luck.
They didn't check my bag or anything..

I went in through Houston.

Thank you

The officer typed on your file that you came for vacation. If/When you travel to the US you will surely have your baby with you, which although many have their baby in the us is still a very small minority of the people that travel there. There will be no record of you saying you came to have your baby and a record saying you came to vacation on exactly the same date you baby was born. Since lying is a reason to deny entry and cancel your visa, the decision to not inform the officer of your purpose is very detrimental to your future.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blaize777: 4:04pm On Apr 03, 2016
Pls is it safe travelling 36 0r 37 wks am so confused it's a direct flight
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 4:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
blaize777:
I think most airline do a maximum of 36weeks, so you may wish to travel few days to the 36weeks mark.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bbaby84(f): 4:54pm On Apr 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Of course its not a wise desicion. Somebody just posted a story on how her visa ws cancelled because because she used it to birth without declaring.
I'm always appalled when people with resources to this thread and all the info contained therein spurn the knowledge and then later when some run into difficulties they start seeking for medicine after death

On this thread or another thread?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sessibasi: 5:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
blaize777:

Some babies come at 36weeks plus, I don't advice people to take such risks, better safe dan sorry...and again it's a matter of choice...think about it well...cheers.

Back to reading mode

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 5:31pm On Apr 03, 2016
blaize777:

Honestly even 36 weeks is pushing it.

I understand how we need to plan our finances well and plan our maternity leave and all the rest but I also believe one of the primary reasons we undertake this sojourn to another man's land is for healthcare we can't get in our own backyard.

The risk of going to Labour is high because of the stressful nature of the trip. More than half a day straight on a flight ain't no joke. Let's try to fix our trips earlier.

However people have done it here, if your pregnancy has been smooth sailing so far you can try going few days to 36 weeks, but make sure you walk around often while on the flight, wear those socks that promote blood circulation (can't quite remember the name right now) and stay hydrated.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 5:50pm On Apr 03, 2016
bbaby84:

On this thread or another thread?

On the visit visa thread

Matcoco:
Hello house, i really need the guru's in the house to advice pls. My B2 visa was cancelled last year because i went to give birth in 2014 and i didnt mention it in my application that i will be going to do that, i was invited for interview when i reapplied and the vo asked me during interview that if giving birth was my intention when i applied for the previous visa; i said no. So she got angry and said i lied, then stamped cancelled without prejudice on my two expired visas. prejudice. How do i get a visa again to the u.s. can i try student visa and i wont get denied? Please Lady G and others assist in any thing that i can do to get my access back.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by customised87: 6:08pm On Apr 03, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

I understand how we need to plan our finances well and plan our maternity leave and all the rest but I also believe one of the primary reasons we undertake this sojourn to another man's land is for healthcare we can't get in our own backyard.

The risk of going to Labour is high because of the stressful nature of the trip. More than half a day straight on a flight ain't no joke. Let's try to fix our trips earlier.

However people have done it here, if your pregnancy has been smooth sailing so far you can try going few days to 36 weeks, but make sure you walk around often while on the flight, wear those socks that promote blood circulation (can't quite remember the name right now) and stay hydrated.

Compression socks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 6:33pm On Apr 03, 2016
customised87:

Compression socks

Exactly! Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumnadine: 6:43pm On Apr 03, 2016
Hello everyone,been following the trend for a while great contribution from everyone, Well done. Please has anyone used a hospital in Minnesota or have an idea of how much d charge for delivery .will appreciate ur response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 7:10pm On Apr 03, 2016
Omodadi,

Please I am sending you a PM. It seems Justwise raptured the number you posted for me which I was too lazy to save when I saw it. I looked and looked for it. I was so confused, I even thought it was a dream that I saw your post and said thank you. It took a while for my preggie brain to figure it out.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 7:14pm On Apr 03, 2016
mumnadine:
Hello everyone,been following the trend for a while great contribution from everyone, Well done. Please has anyone used a hospital in Minnesota or have an idea of how much d charge for delivery .will appreciate ur response.
Holla onliseise
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by phummy2: 8:34pm On Apr 03, 2016
Hello everyone. It feels good to be a part of part 4. Congrats to all the new moms and successful Poe and visas. Please anyone with info on tickets? Travel period is end of May to Atlanta but I'm having a difficult time getting good prices. Please I need advise on pregnant friendly and comfy airlines with reasonable prices. I know the period is close to peak but I need to wrap things this week and don't really want to go through agents cos of experiences people have had with adding baby to their tickets or making any changes. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by donugapi(m): 8:36pm On Apr 03, 2016
bigfido:

Be advising people not to worry about Chicago POE you hear?! Me that I am a man and have pot belly, they drilled the living day out of me and kept me for almost 4 hours.. Maybe they later discovered that I am a man and the belle na just pot belly and let me go. Never using that POE for anything.
Houston poe that worships Chicago every morning for its wickedness..
Goodluck o

I don't think it's good to use your story and a few others to generalize. Yeah Chicago is strict. Same Chicago that people travel through smoothly. For every one bad story there's probably another 50 good ones. People get turned back at Houston, Atlanta and someone here even had a bad story about New York. I know people that have gone there to birth and met very friendly officers.

Your belle is story for another day..
Your wife must reduce the pounced yam and ofe nsala you consume and ensure that you jog round the house 18 times everyday before she lets you back in wink

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blaize777: 9:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
Wer can I buy d compression socks

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by anizi(f): 9:33pm On Apr 03, 2016
Nogen:

There was no reason telling him lies. You are obviously pregnant and intend to give birth in the USA. You should have said the truth in my own opinion. Let's stop giving Nigeria a bad name please.

Before attacking someone and "assuming" i think the proper thing to do, should be to ask questions and get facts right first.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 9:36pm On Apr 03, 2016
donugapi:

I don't think it's good to use your story and a few others to generalize. Yeah Chicago is strict. Same Chicago that people travel through smoothly. For every one bad story there's probably another 50 good ones. People get turned back at Houston, Atlanta and someone here even had a bad story about New York. I know people that have gone there to birth and met very friendly officers.

Your wife must reduce the pounced yam and ofe nsala you consume and ensure that you jog round the house 18 times everyday before she lets you back in wink

Chicago is bad for preggies. No sugar coating it. Once they see belle, the unleash their mask of fury

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 9:37pm On Apr 03, 2016
anizi:

Before attacking someone and "assuming" i think the proper thing to do, should be to ask questions and get facts right first.

I don't see any attack in her post though. IMHO

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nogen: 10:03pm On Apr 03, 2016
anizi:

Madam Anizi, where in my post did I attack her? The forum is about 'Give birth in the US, cost and procedures '. She told us the CBP saw her big tummy and believed her story of going for vacations. Her words not mine.
I still maintain we must endeavour to say the truth at all times and not block ways for those sincere people who would still embark on this journey.

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumnadine: 10:04pm On Apr 03, 2016
[quote author=LadyGuinivere post=44377000]
Holla onliseise[/quote. Thanks a lot really appreciate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumnadine: 10:06pm On Apr 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Holla onliseise
thanks a lot really appreciate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by prolify: 10:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
ozycy:

I think most airline do a maximum of 36weeks, so you may wish to travel few days to the 36weeks mark.

36 weeks is cutting it too close,34 weeks plus is fine.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by prolify: 10:12pm On Apr 03, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Compression socks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by prolify: 10:22pm On Apr 03, 2016
donugapi:

IMO,It is safer not to find out,if your agent can reroute you,then by all means.Its best not to take that chance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 10:24pm On Apr 03, 2016
prolify:

Compression socks

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 10:33pm On Apr 03, 2016
If you are in Lagos try Health Plus or Medplus. If not you can send someone but be sure to tell the person your shoe size. It's in sizes. It was 4k in 2014 when PTA was 163.5.....

blaize777:
Wer can I buy d compression socks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 03, 2016
happytbaby:
Omodadi,

Please I am sending you a PM. It seems Justwise raptured the number you posted for me which I was too lazy to save when I saw it. I looked and looked for it. I was so confused, I even thought it was a dream that I saw your post and said thank you. It took a while for my preggie brain to figure it out.

Have you received my response?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chima1ng(m): 11:49pm On Apr 03, 2016
hello hux
i have a 2 years b1/b2 visa that is expiring in june 2 2016 and i planing for my wife to deliver in america. she is just 2 months pregnant now. i will have to renew the visa before the trip. i need to know if am to fill for tourism or medical on the renewal. am planning on going to el paso
i need advice on which option to chose on the renewal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 12:15am On Apr 04, 2016
happytbaby:
If you are in Lagos try Health Plus or Medplus. If not you can send someone but be sure to tell the person your shoe size. It's in sizes. It was 4k in 2014 when PTA was 163.5.....

Lmao@ ' the bolded'

#bringback2014

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by toitoi: 2:24am On Apr 04, 2016
Hello everyone, Please I need your advice on this issue

1.Can I travel with 1month visa?

2.My previous visas was not issued in Nigeria, can I apply for Dropbox ?
Thanks .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.