Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1005906 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olahbohdeh: 11:04am On May 25, 2016
Jayne07:

Who's your sponsor? What were the documents submitted?
My dad and my mother are the sponsors
Submitted our company's document....m also one of the directors of the company....nysc id card...2plots of land in my dads name.
My dads appointment letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Churkie: 11:06am On May 25, 2016
Good morning All,

Please what is the field and level of study for a PGC program in project management. I need to fill this in my application for study permit.

I'm thinking college certificate as level of study and other as field.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Churkie: 11:07am On May 25, 2016
Good morning All,

Please what is the field and level of study for a PGC program in project management. I need to fill this in my application for study permit.

I'm thinking college certificate as level of study and other as field.

@hayqinsfx, @thesoj
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by phrancisco: 12:33pm On May 25, 2016
olahbohdeh:

Graduated in june 2014
Finished Nysc last month also included in the application.
Going for pgd at kwantlen polytechnic university.surrey
Studied computer science....applying for computer information system....
Sponsor :9million naira

Why didn't u go for an Msc instead? plus I will suggest u request for ur gcms file before reapplying so you know exactly what the VO thought. It's better you get it right the next time u reapply than rushing to without any significant changes in your application.
Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by sayhi2riles: 12:44pm On May 25, 2016
Sup guys,i tracked my application online yesterday,n it says Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 24/05/2016 to the Canada Visa Application Centre Bt no mail,wen is d right time 4 me 2 go 4 pick...since on d 8th or march...Pls help guys
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by phrancisco: 12:49pm On May 25, 2016
sayhi2riles:
Sup guys,i tracked my application online yesterday,n it says Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 24/05/2016 to the Canada Visa Application Centre Bt no mail,wen is d right time 4 me 2 go 4 pick...since on d 8th or march...Pls help guys

Normally u will get dispatch mail but if u don't u can go on Friday or preferably Monday to pick up your passport.
Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by sayhi2riles: 1:23pm On May 25, 2016
@phrancisco pls in d mail will dey signify if it's been approved or not
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 1:33pm On May 25, 2016
Online Application: Biometrics done on 21st March but 2months later biometrics information not updated online. Anybody with similar experience?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by phrancisco: 1:53pm On May 25, 2016
sayhi2riles:
@phrancisco pls in d mail will dey signify if it's been approved or not

In most cases u should get an approval mail, but most times a delay comes without any approval mail just dispatch mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by sayhi2riles: 2:01pm On May 25, 2016
@phrancisco Tnx man
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ikem01(m): 2:03pm On May 25, 2016
sayhi2riles:
Did u apply through online or paper
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 25, 2016
@olahbohdeh post

im judging based on my observation of ur profile you just stated and the reasons stated on ur refusal letter.
1) i dont know ur age, i dnt know whether consistency exist btw ur UG course and ur intended PGD?
2) we all should know that this VOs are more meticulous than we are,so we should be mindful of whatever statement we put down in INK
3) clearly you are still fresh in/from NYSC when you applied for ur STUDY permit,at least going with that is enough and stating ur present occupation as NYSC is still okay with the required documentations,but the mistake you made was putting a burden that you are one of ur dad's DIRECTORs in his company, that placed a BURDEN on you by the VISA OFFICER stating on that refusal letter ''INDIVIDUAL FINANCIAL ASSETS''. you claimed CHAIRMAN and you got nothing as evidence to show as CHAIRMAN. i believe you should have stated this way ''that according to the board resolution of the company,i will serve as the director but would take place after my advance educational pursuit in canada to make me more suitable for the position, with this,home tie is gradually building up.
4) in my own reasoning and in reference to what you said that you r 1 of the directors, why should a DIRECTOR! be going for a PGD program, why not MASTERS/MBA? Even if PGD as a DIRECTOR! ur statement should be compelling for anyone to decide in your favour
5) finally you complicated your application yourself,please request for ur GCMS NOTE and see the observing statements from the VOs perspective,this is just from my own perspective

12 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by sayhi2riles: 2:51pm On May 25, 2016
Casie26 I applied through paper
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tunaban: 2:52pm On May 25, 2016
Hi great people,
Please do one need to snap a digital passport for online application or it will be done when you go for Biometrics?

Also, do I need to notarize my scanned document for online application.

Please, this is quite urgent.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 2:54pm On May 25, 2016
Hello house,

Please I need a review of my profile before I submit my study permit application.

Here's a list of documents I intend to submit for my trv application.

LOA FROM CONESTOGA COLLEGE INTO PGC HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT.

DEGREE CERTIFICATE STUDIED LAW

TRANSCRIPT

CALL TO BAR CERTIFICATE AND QUALIFYING CERTIFICATE.

WAEC AND NECO RESULTS.

SOP

NYSC POSTING LETTER

NYSC POSTING LETTER TO PPA

NYSC ID CARD

LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION FROM PPA (STATING THAT I WORK WITH THEIR HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT)

LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION FROM DAD'S FIRM STATING THAT I HAD MY INTERNSHIP WITH THEM

LETTER OF COMPLETION OF INTERNSHIP.

FOR financial QUALIFICATION.

Sponsorhip letter from dad in his firm letter head.
Affidavit of sponsorship.
Dad's international passport data page, birth certificate, and local government of origin,
Dad's call to bar certificate, qualifying certificate, NBA ID card, practising licence for 2015,2016, receipt of payment of NBA annual practising fee.

P.s my dad's firm is not registered with CAC. Most law firms don't register their firms. So is my dad.

Statement of account with a closing balance of 7.2m (lump sum of 6.5 m was deposited into his account on the day his statement of account was printed but he has a cash flow between 150-500k.

Property valuation report about 42million naira

Agreements and deed of his lands.

My co sponsors corporate account with a closing balance of 7.8 million with a heavy flow of funds.

My co sponsor's detailed letter of sponsorship.
I claimed him as an uncle. No proof of relationship.

My own statement of account with a closing balance of 1.2 m. Which was transferred to my account by my dad in January in furtherance of my studies.

I am a legal practitioner I was called to bar last year October I have been serving ever since. Nysc to end by Sept 2016.

My dad's a legal practitioner too.

Abeg make una review my profile. Will appreciate your candour.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by overtlyderanged: 2:59pm On May 25, 2016
tunaban:
Hi great people,
Please do one need to snap a digital passport for online application or it will be done when you go for Biometrics?

Also, do I need to notarize my scanned document for online application.

Please, this is quite urgent.

1. Although you'll have your picture taken when you go for biometrics, you'll still need to get a passport photograph to upload with your online application. The website has the specs for the picture, I can't remember what they are right now.

2. I didn't notarize any of my documents before I submitted online.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olahbohdeh: 3:20pm On May 25, 2016
casie26:
@olahbohdeh post

im judging based on my observation of ur profile you just stated and the reasons stated on ur refusal letter.
1) i dont know ur age, i dnt know whether consistency exist btw ur UG course and ur intended PGD?
2) we all should know that this VOs are more meticulous than we are,so we should be mindful of whatever statement we put down in INK
3) clearly you are still fresh in/from NYSC when you applied for ur STUDY permit,at least going with that is enough and stating ur present occupation as NYSC is still okay with the required documentations,but the mistake you made was putting a burden that you are one of ur dad's DIRECTORs in his company, that placed a BURDEN on you by the VISA OFFICER stating on that refusal letter ''INDIVIDUAL FINANCIAL ASSETS''. you claimed CHAIRMAN and you got nothing as evidence to show as CHAIRMAN. i believe you should have stated this way ''that according to the board resolution of the company,i will serve as the director but would take place after my advance educational pursuit in canada to make me more suitable for the position, with this,home tie is gradually building up.
4) in my own reasoning and in reference to what you said that you r 1 of the directors, why should a DIRECTOR! be going for a PGD program, why not MASTERS/MBA? Even if PGD as a DIRECTOR! ur statement should be compelling for anyone to decide in your favour
5) finally you complicated your application yourself,please request for ur GCMS NOTE and see the observing statements from the VOs perspective,this is just from my own perspective

M 27yrs
How do i go about the GCMS note...cos they said i would need an individual in canada to do that for me....
Thanks nairalanders...m really grateful for yiur
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by GeneralSnipper: 3:38pm On May 25, 2016
Help me say Amin ooh!!!
Amin!

Submitted Online 10th March
Biometrics @VFS 11th March
Medical Request 12th May
Medical @ The Consultant Practice 13th May
Medical Passed Updated 18th May
Passport Request 19th May
Submitted Passport @ VFS 20th May
SMS from VFS today 25th May to Pick up Passport
Checked Status Immediately and it shows Approved.

Whole Process took 11 weeks.

Its my first visa application ever.

There is nothing God cannot do........

I'll be back to list the documents I used for my application and share my little experience.

GeneralSnipper:
Good day Everyone,

I got a mail yesterday (3:32pm) for medical examination and went to The Consultant Practice in Ikoyi to do the needful this morning. I paid #28,050 only for the exercise. Doctor said it will take about 1 week to send the result to CIC. So I'm back to my "patiently waiting mode". This afternoon I received another mail from CIC stating that my application has been updated and when I checked online I found that the medical section now reads 'We need your medical information'. I guess that was just an update to my application status based on the mail received yesterday.

I think paper application is fast for now, I met someone who applied (paper) April 19th and got medical mail May 3rd. Just my opinion anyway. I applied online on the 10th of March and 9 weeks later (yesterday) I got medical mail.

13 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by pampem: 3:44pm On May 25, 2016
GeneralSnipper:
Help me say Amin ooh!!!
Amin!

Medical Request 12th May

I'll be back to list the documents I used for my application and share my little experience.

Great Guy! Congrats.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by sayhi2riles: 3:54pm On May 25, 2016
Nice one bro,i help u say amin ooo cos soon una go help me too say amin oooo grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by omooba2015(m): 3:54pm On May 25, 2016
jj17cv:
@omoba2015
God is good Congrats when did you submitted your app
Thanks.. Feb 08.. Online
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by omooba2015(m): 4:05pm On May 25, 2016
GeneralSnipper:
Help me say Amin ooh!!!
Amin!

Medical Request 12th May

Congrats... God is wonderful.. Share ur profile

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Adanzee: 4:11pm On May 25, 2016
olahbohdeh:

Graduated in june 2014
Finished Nysc last month also included in the application.
Going for pgd at kwantlen polytechnic university.surrey
Studied computer science....applying for computer information system....
Sponsor :9million naira

Did you state that you have family ties in Canada, did you pay part payment of your fees, who was your sponsor and why pgd... Why not masters...
AV noticed a lot of people on this thread go for pgd instead of masters
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Adanzee: 4:19pm On May 25, 2016
GeneralSnipper:
Help me say Amin ooh!!!
Amin!

Medical Request 12th May

Please what documents did you submit... Am about to turn in my application (online route)

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Teehp(f): 4:21pm On May 25, 2016
pampem:

Great Guy! Congrats.
Congratulations oh , I tap into this grace IJN. I also submitted same day you did

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olahbohdeh: 4:24pm On May 25, 2016
Adanzee:

Did you state that you have family ties in Canada, did you pay part payment of your fees, who was your sponsor and why pgd... Why not masters...
AV noticed a lot of people on this thread go for pgd instead of masters
No....family ties in country of resident nd abroad
Paid 1000cad for fees
The school offers diploma program
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nadia94(f): 4:42pm On May 25, 2016
GeneralSnipper:
Help me say Amin ooh!!!
Amin!

Medical Request 12th May

Congratulationsss!!!

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 4:44pm On May 25, 2016
I hope you were able to write a convincing Sop,why you are changing your career.....
yemdogg:
Hello house,

Please I need a review of my profile before I submit my study permit application.

Here's a list of documents I intend to submit for my trv application.

LOA FROM CONESTOGA COLLEGE INTO PGC HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT.

DEGREE CERTIFICATE STUDIED LAW

TRANSCRIPT

CALL TO BAR CERTIFICATE AND QUALIFYING CERTIFICATE.

WAEC AND NECO RESULTS.

SOP

NYSC POSTING LETTER

NYSC POSTING LETTER TO PPA

NYSC ID CARD

LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION FROM PPA (STATING THAT I WORK WITH THEIR HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT)

LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION FROM DAD'S FIRM STATING THAT I HAD MY INTERNSHIP WITH THEM

LETTER OF COMPLETION OF INTERNSHIP.

FOR financial QUALIFICATION.

Sponsorhip letter from dad in his firm letter head.
Affidavit of sponsorship.
Dad's international passport data page, birth certificate, and local government of origin,
Dad's call to bar certificate, qualifying certificate, NBA ID card, practising licence for 2015,2016, receipt of payment of NBA annual practising fee.

P.s my dad's firm is not registered with CAC. Most law firms don't register their firms. So is my dad.

Statement of account with a closing balance of 7.2m (lump sum of 6.5 m was deposited into his account on the day his statement of account was printed but he has a cash flow between 150-500k.

Property valuation report about 42million naira

Agreements and deed of his lands.

My co sponsors corporate account with a closing balance of 7.8 million with a heavy flow of funds.

My co sponsor's detailed letter of sponsorship.
I claimed him as an uncle. No proof of relationship.

My own statement of account with a closing balance of 1.2 m. Which was transferred to my account by my dad in January in furtherance of my studies.

I am a legal practitioner I was called to bar last year October I have been serving ever since. Nysc to end by Sept 2016.

My dad's a legal practitioner too.

Abeg make una review my profile. Will appreciate your candour.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 4:47pm On May 25, 2016
lawmerchant:
Online Application: Biometrics done on 21st March but 2months later biometrics information not updated online. Anybody with similar experience?

Any response out there?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 4:58pm On May 25, 2016
bjmme:
I hope you were able to write a convincing Sop,why you are changing your career.....

Can you help me review my sop ?

I think it was convincing enough. But I would your input on it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.