Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,026 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1005982 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by o2(f): 5:00pm On May 25, 2016
lawmerchant:
Online Application: Biometrics done on 21st March but 2months later biometrics information not updated online. Anybody with similar experience?

it wont show that it has been updated, but it will show. Biometrics not needed at this time. Also did VFS send you a mail after your biometrics
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by o2(f): 5:03pm On May 25, 2016
tunaban:
Hi great people,
Please do one need to snap a digital passport for online application or it will be done when you go for Biometrics?

Also, do I need to notarize my scanned document for online application.

Please, this is quite urgent.

If you scanned an original document. You dont need to notarize it. If it is photocopy (which i dont advise) then u might need to notarise it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tunaban: 5:11pm On May 25, 2016
Thank you so much I really appreciate. One more thing, do one need a police clearance for Online?

overtlyderanged:

1. Although you'll have your picture taken when you go for biometrics, you'll still need to get a passport photograph to upload with your online application. The website has the specs for the picture, I can't remember what they are right now.

2. I didn't notarize any of my documents before I submitted online.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tunaban: 5:16pm On May 25, 2016
Thank you so much, I really appreciate.

o2:

If you scanned an original document. You dont need to notarize it. If it is photocopy (which i dont advise) then u might need to notarise it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by omooba2015(m): 5:29pm On May 25, 2016
tunaban:
Thank you so much I really appreciate. One more thing, do one need a police clearance for Online?

Not necessesary..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by overtlyderanged: 5:38pm On May 25, 2016
tunaban:

At all, there's even no means with which to submit it sef lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by omooba2015(m): 5:43pm On May 25, 2016
Is there any body enter through Toronto POE.. I had that, there wala too much there. I need Someone should share his/her experience... Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tunaban: 5:44pm On May 25, 2016
Thanks bro!

omooba2015:

Not necessesary..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tunaban: 5:47pm On May 25, 2016
hmmmmm! So, all my docs should be 4MB in total? I think only the most important doc should be submitted then.

overtlyderanged:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by overtlyderanged: 5:53pm On May 25, 2016
tunaban:
hmmmmm! So, all my docs should be 4MB in total? I think only the most important doc should be submitted then.

Ditch excess baggage and go for the jugular bruh...I applied in Feb, I really can't remember specifics like file size limit lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tunaban: 6:14pm On May 25, 2016
lol You even tried. Nice one brother. Will try and ditch em like you advised. Wish me luck man.

overtlyderanged:

Ditch excess baggage and go for the jugular bruh...I applied in Feb, I really can't remember specifics like file size limit lol

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 6:15pm On May 25, 2016
bjmme:
I hope you were able to write a convincing Sop,why you are changing your career.....

Hope you are able able to convince the VO why you're going for a PGD in HR Management and not Masters-in-Law.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by overtlyderanged: 6:35pm On May 25, 2016
tunaban:
lol You even tried. Nice one brother. Will try and ditch em like you advised. Wish me luck man.

All the best!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ohizzyy7: 7:23pm On May 25, 2016
Good evening people, please i ll like to know.. which is the best hospital for medicals between Q-LIFE Family clinic and The cosultants practice? a brief information about the medical test ll be helpful? how can i locate the consultants practice @ Ikoyi from Obalende? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Carter001(m): 10:44pm On May 25, 2016
Hello
Concerning the police clearance from any country an applicant has stayed for more than 6 months , I attended a 6month language course in Russia back in 2012 , i want to submit my application next week due to limited time for processing , I'd like to know if it's really a necessity for me to have the police character certificate from Russia or I'm good to go for my submission with the language certificate as my proof of stay. Thanks in anticipation to a kind response
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by israelatunwa(f): 12:18am On May 26, 2016
Please wat are the list of forms actually require for paper application ?
maspero22:
Good day all. Nice to be here.I am Nwoko Ifeanyi Emmanuel. I hold a degree in Urban and Regional Planning under the Environmental faculty in 2011 and finished NYSC in 2013. i applied and got admission for a Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Management and Assessment in Algonquin College, Ottawa. i am also currently working as an Environmental and Safety control Officer in my company.
All documents have been gathered; among others include :
1. Receipt of $8200 CAD semester tuition payment.
2. sponsor's (my brother) 6 months corporate and personal SOA of 10m each closing balance.
3. Documents of landed property n his other business docs.
4. My salary statement of account and payslip(3 months).
5. affidavit of support (notorised).
6. Employment letter and reference letter from company.
7.SOP
8.Admission letter.
9. other supporting documents...
Submitted and did my biometrics on 1/04/2016 by paper.

Now the challenge is i have no travel history, gap in education and age. What are my chances of getting a TRV? Please my gurus in the house, analyse my case and tell me my chances please. Am really disturbed with the level of denials.
NB: am 29 years old. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jj17cv(m): 2:52am On May 26, 2016
@maspero22
You were not called for medical yet after 7weeks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mevisbleek: 4:38am On May 26, 2016
Carter001:
Hello
Concerning the police clearance from any country an applicant has stayed for more than 6 months , I attended a 6month language course in Russia back in 2012 , i want to submit my application next week due to limited time for processing , I'd like to know if it's really a necessity for me to have the police character certificate from Russia or I'm good to go for my submission with the language certificate as my proof of stay. Thanks in anticipation to a kind response

Yes, you have to submit the Russian Police Certificate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mevisbleek: 4:39am On May 26, 2016
omooba2015:
Is there any body enter through Toronto POE.. I had that, there wala too much there. I need Someone should share his/her experience... Thanks

That's not true Sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bhoyo: 4:57am On May 26, 2016
Pls what is the notarized affidavit of support?

israelatunwa:
Please wat are the list of forms actually require for paper application ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mevisbleek: 5:03am On May 26, 2016
yemdogg:
Hello house,

Please I need a review of my profile before I submit my study permit application.

Here's a list of documents I intend to submit for my trv application.

LOA FROM CONESTOGA COLLEGE INTO PGC HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT.

DEGREE CERTIFICATE STUDIED LAW

TRANSCRIPT

CALL TO BAR CERTIFICATE AND QUALIFYING CERTIFICATE.

WAEC AND NECO RESULTS.

SOP

NYSC POSTING LETTER

NYSC POSTING LETTER TO PPA

NYSC ID CARD

LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION FROM PPA (STATING THAT I WORK WITH THEIR HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT)

LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION FROM DAD'S FIRM STATING THAT I HAD MY INTERNSHIP WITH THEM

LETTER OF COMPLETION OF INTERNSHIP.

FOR financial QUALIFICATION.

Sponsorhip letter from dad in his firm letter head.
Affidavit of sponsorship.
Dad's international passport data page, birth certificate, and local government of origin,
Dad's call to bar certificate, qualifying certificate, NBA ID card, practising licence for 2015,2016, receipt of payment of NBA annual practising fee.

P.s my dad's firm is not registered with CAC. Most law firms don't register their firms. So is my dad.

Statement of account with a closing balance of 7.2m (lump sum of 6.5 m was deposited into his account on the day his statement of account was printed but he has a cash flow between 150-500k.

Property valuation report about 42million naira

Agreements and deed of his lands.

My co sponsors corporate account with a closing balance of 7.8 million with a heavy flow of funds.

My co sponsor's detailed letter of sponsorship.
I claimed him as an uncle. No proof of relationship.

My own statement of account with a closing balance of 1.2 m. Which was transferred to my account by my dad in January in furtherance of my studies.

I am a legal practitioner I was called to bar last year October I have been serving ever since. Nysc to end by Sept 2016.

My dad's a legal practitioner too.

Abeg make una review my profile. Will appreciate your candour.

Good day Yemdogg, hope this message meets you well. How many years of HR experience do you have? How would a PGC in HR advance your career? I have read your profile and it smells Law, law, law, law. Why didn't you consider and LLM? An LLM might be an easy sell to scale through the visa process. If you have over 3 years HR experience, you are considered a professional. That been said, why didn't you consider a Masters in Human Resource Management.

Well, I mean no disrespect, I am only critically analyzing your case. Getting a visa is not by how fat an account is, the VO's has to see that what you are going for will add value e.g. From LLB to Call to Bar to LLM. Well, the deed is done. Submit your application and God will see you through, ijn. My dear, please oh I am by no means a devil oh make u no take offence in my statement, biko

A lot of students are been denied on the basis of course mismatch but what VO will tell you is ties to home country but when you order GCMS note you will see the main reason.

I know a lot will tell me that na God dey work things, I totally understand and agree. However, preparing a cogent application also goes a long way. God bless you as you submit and I cannot wait for your testimony. Stay Blessed

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mevisbleek: 5:11am On May 26, 2016
christopheru:
I'm hearing of canada visa lottery. Is it real?

It is NOT real.

Please, don't allow anyone scam you.

For ways to migrate, visit: www.cic.gc.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mevisbleek: 5:15am On May 26, 2016
bjmme:
type the course in Google,add master program in Canada,pick the the best school you know you can afford and meet,and if probably you can get scholarship.....best of luck...co-metal

@ evsonlive: Your course sounds like something that has to do with mining. Check schools for Saskatchewan side. That's where some mining companies are, e.g. BHP Billiton etc. I no be engineer oh, lol

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mevisbleek: 5:24am On May 26, 2016
mickeyenglish:

U guyz should help out with answers s'il-vous-plaƮt embarassed

Good day,
I see you are in your final year, congrats. I am trying to see how I can answer your question. Are you looking to go through the student route or via PR? Please advise sothat we can reason together
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mevisbleek: 5:49am On May 26, 2016
Will83:
Any update on March applicants from cic
Did 1st paper application on Feb 9th 2106
Denied on 14th March
Reason for denial
Purpose of visit
Family ties in canada or country of residence.
Documents submitted
My waec certificate
First school certificate
Statement of result 2.2 university of port Harcourt in History
Notorized birth certificate NPC
Nysc certificate
Letter of acceptance conestoga
Confirmation of 1500 cdn payment to secure seat
Letter of employment
Study leave
Payslips 6 months
Soa 1.1million
International passport
My survey plan
Land deeds
Building plan
Letter of sponsorship
My property worth 30milion in a choice area
My brother birth certificate
My Sponsor documents.:
Birth certificate
International passport
Letter of employment from Shell B.P
Payslips
Tax clearance
CAC
Sponsor's affidavit
3 land documents
Certificate of ocupancy
Retirement letter
Soa 27 mil
Infow of 167million
Monthly pension salary of 525,347.44
3 lands worth 56million
Marriage declaration
6 months statement of account
Bank verification of account
Police clearance
Upfront medical

Re - apply on 23 March
Additional documents
Telex copy for first semester tuition fee of 5,751cdn
Certificate of Deposit
Power of attorney to run family business by my late parents
Land document for another property in lagos.
Proof of ownership
Settlement sheet
Pending court case at High Court in Abuja document
Sop on why i want to do pgd in human resource management
Tenancy agreements of my 3 tenants
Electricity agreement and distribution form of my property
On the 18th of may 2016 I checked on my passport status and saw that my processed passport has been dispatched from Canada visa office accra to vac
But I'm yet to receive auto generated mail from vfs Abuja nor approval mail.
Pls what should I do gurus in the house

Good Day Brother,
I would assume that the main reason for your refusal is course mismatch. History to Human Resource Management, little or no correlation.
What is your role at your current company and how long have you working there? Please advise and I will be glad to offer by little advise. Maybe a Masters degree might be easier to sell. However, Canadian schools hardly give 2.2 grads masters admission BUT a very strong GRE score coupled with a cogent Letter of Intent will concur that. Look forward to hearing from you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by o2(f): 5:56am On May 26, 2016
overtlyderanged:

It could be added to your letter of explanation. I personally all the additional documents I felt were neede to my letter of explnation. In thge letter (last. Paragraph) I quoted all tthe documents I added including family pictures. So if u think theer are important that u wantt the vo to see even including police report u can add it. To get my admission I was asked to write ielts (academic module). I did and I had an average of 8, 9in listening and reading and 7 in writing and speaking. I had to add it to my app. Who knows if seeing my marks couuld add to my chances.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mevisbleek: 6:01am On May 26, 2016
asfalol:
PLEASE, between MSc Finance and MBA Finance at University of Saskatchewan, which one is easier to get admission and does not require GMAT?

Greeting Big Brother,
Lets try to change the mentality of: which one is easier and adopt the mentality of constantly craving challenges. I did an MBA in Finance in Toronto, Class of 2010/2011. From an MBA Alumni, I would advise that you go for MBA Finance. In Canada, companies respect MBA more than MSC. However, its boils down to your career aspiration. If you have a dream of getting a PHD then I would say go for MSC. If you are money hungry like I was I would advise you to go for an MBA.

Also, I would advise against attending an MBA program that does not require GMAT (e.g. Vancouver Island University). All they want is your money. That's why a lot of Nigerians dey rush there. Little or no job prospect for their grads, weak alumni network, little or no internship opportunity

Stay Blessed

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 6:15am On May 26, 2016
omooba2015:

Yes oo. For those expecting Admission... Medical call up... Passport request.. Just have confidence in thy lord.. God is d way... Pray and fast.. Beleive, u will get it.. Ijn

Amen, cheers

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 6:17am On May 26, 2016
yemdogg:

Can you help me review my sop ?
I think it was convincing enough. But I would your input on it.
send me pm,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by overtlyderanged: 6:40am On May 26, 2016
o2:

It could be added to your letter of explanation. I personally all the additional documents I felt were neede to my letter of explnation. In thge letter (last. Paragraph) I quoted all tthe documents I added including family pictures. So if u think theer are important that u wantt the vo to see even including police report u can add it. To get my admission I was asked to write ielts (academic module). I did and I had an average of 8, 9in listening and reading and 7 in writing and speaking. I had to add it to my app. Who knows if seeing my marks couuld add to my chances.

Adding a police report though? I added nothing extra to mine and everything turned out fine. I guess to each his own.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Churkie: 7:20am On May 26, 2016
Who here has heard of Caipsfile-an agency that helps with Gcms/foss notes and recommendations?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemology(f): 7:34am On May 26, 2016
penitential:
Am going to conestoga college this September by the grace of GOD TRV awaiting.
. Am going too TRV awaits ijn still hoping

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.