Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,851 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1005916 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemology(f): 7:36am On May 26, 2016
penitential:
I've not pay my fees Oooo. Am even waiting to see green light as regard my visa application. Once am called for medical soon, I will fast - track my payment. Cos I learnt that after initial deposit, if you're denied visa, you will forfeit $200 out of the deposit u made during refund.
I didnot too waiting for medical call too favour ijn
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Carter001(m): 8:03am On May 26, 2016
mevisbleek:

Yes, you have to submit the Russian Police Certificate

Thanks bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ohizzyy7: 9:36am On May 26, 2016
Good evening people, please i ll like to know.. which is the best hospital for medicals between Q-LIFE Family clinic and The Consultants practice? a brief information about the medical test ll be helpful? how can i locate the consultants practice @ Ikoyi from Obalende? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Toluwaase(m): 9:47am On May 26, 2016
ohizzyy7:
Good evening people, please i ll like to know.. which is the best hospital for medicals between Q-LIFE Family clinic and The Consultants practice? a brief information about the medical test ll be helpful? how can i locate the consultants practice @ Ikoyi from Obalende? Thanks
pls I need this info as well.
What (documents)do I need to take along, How much? How long can the test take? Will I be asked to wait for the result? Do I need passport photograph?
Most people have recommended Q-life, is it because of the price? How can I get to Q-life from Obalende.
Kindly help your brothers with helpful information.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by wayaa007(m): 10:05am On May 26, 2016
Toluwaase:

pls I need this info as well.
What (documents)do I need to take along, How much? How long can the test take? Will I be asked to wait for the result? Do I need passport photograph?
Most people have recommended Q-life, is it because of the price? How can I get to Q-life from Obalende.
Kindly help your brothers with helpful information.

U will need the medical form from CIC, your international passport, or print out of scanned data page(sent to you by CIC), qlife is 28k, you need two passports. I've not been to qlife so I can't give you directions. No you won't wait for d results, they send the result straight to CIC, but if it's upfront medicals(I dunno abt that). U should be thru within 3hrs max

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by overtlyderanged: 10:07am On May 26, 2016
ohizzyy7:

1. I really can't answer this one, the only difference I know is the amount it takes to get it done and it's just 50 bucks. Consultants practice, 28,050.

2. Procedure (Consultants practice): (I'm assuming you already have your medical request form from the cic, else the initial stages of this detailing will be different as I know nothing about upfront medicals but I guess they'll probably just generate a form for you, be sure to call beforehand.)

Be sure to get there between 8-10 am, Earlier is good, later is not. You'll meet someone at the front desk (she fit dey strong face sha but e no mean), she'll take your cic medicals form( if you have) attach a passport photograph to it, give you a deposit slip (no worry, the bank dey near) and tell you to ma the payment and make a photocopy of the returned form which now has a passport attached to it. If you haven't already made a copy of your passport data page, you'll need to do that too. (one barracks dey nearby for photocopy)

The actual process for medicals:

Pretty basic, you pee into a tube, they take your blood, check your height and weight, get an x-ray of your chest (not necessarily in that order) then send you up for e-medicals (I no understand this one but e be like biometrics for vfs) after which you'll see a doctor that'll ask some health related questions, check your vision and possibly blood pressure.

Overall the process took like 5 hours, give or take...na the wait for that physical exam take time pass.

3. From Obalende, take keke/bus to Falomo/Ikoyi, tell the driver you'll be getting off at GT Bank. Ask around, e no far from there.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by GeneralSnipper: 10:22am On May 26, 2016
Good Day Everyone. Below are the documents I used during my application:

CIC Forms
Sponsor's Bank Statement - Corporate Account (Sponsor is my Uncle with same Surname)
Sponsor's Treasury Bill Investment from same account
Sponsorship Letter (stating that sponsor will provide entire funding for the program; fees + living cost)
My Stanbic Pension Statement
My Mansaard Life Insurance Savings
My GTB Savings Acct (Salary Account too)
Letter of Explanation to VO (don't sound desperate).

An agent was involved and for me it was worth it. Truth is every application is unique[b][/b] but you have to ensure you have the minimum requirements like Course of study should be related to previous study or work experience, Available funds should cover costs and cash flow should be okay, dont leave room for suspicion/doubt etc.

[b]NOTE:[/b]I didn't notarise any documents, did not include my pay slips, no letter of introduction from work place, no study leave letter, did not use any CAC document from Uncle, no affidavit was used, no shares, land or property documents was used even though I could have been able to provide them.

Lesson: ask questions, take risks that will not land you in more trouble, do the right thing and trust God.

omooba2015:

Congrats... God is wonderful.. Share ur profile

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yungreezy: 10:31am On May 26, 2016
yemdogg:

Check University Of Manitoba and University of Ottawa.
Those schools are cheap for graduate studies.

Your last two years GPA is very important for University of Manitoba. You should have minimum of 3.0/4.0 in the last two years of study.

If you're self-sponsored then you should consider having $10k in addition to your tuition fee.

Most graduate schools in Canada offer either fellowship or teaching assistantship as scholarship. You should consider applying on time to be eligible for scholarships.

Try to apply for thesis masters if you're looking for scholarships. Course based masters don't usually attract scholarships.

University of Ottawa offers 15k Cad as scholarship mostly for thesis master students.

Their tution range from 6k-7k cad for a session.

Your supporting documents are very important.

Depending on yourprogram; you'll need the following;

1. Statements of intent

2. Research proposal (500words for u of Ottawa)

3. Two reference letters depending on your program.
Maximum of 3.

4. Your CV

5. Official transcript.

Your cgpa is important but what is more important is your cover letter or letter of intent, with that you can explain why you had bad grades in one or two semesters.

Your research proposal is also very important. Work on it very well. Make sure you check departmental website to see if the institution has a supervisor that is vast in your area of research interest. Cos if they don't have supervisor in your area of interest, no matter how high your cgpa is or how sound your research proposal is, you would be denied admission.

It happened to me, I was denied admission to u Of Manitoba cos the department was unable to secure a supervisor that was ready to take me.

So make sure you contact a potential supervisor. Tell him your research interest. Show him that you're passionate about it .

Finally pray to God.

I hope I am able to help.

Opinions of others gurus like justwise,haqinsfxb are needed on this too.
are you certain of this concerning U of Ottawa? Fees between $6-7k per year?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yungreezy: 10:41am On May 26, 2016
Guys, if I do a 16 month program in canada, how many years pg work permit can I get with this?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kriss77: 12:10pm On May 26, 2016
yungreezy:
Guys, if I do a 16 month program in canada, how many years pg work permit can I get with this?

This kinda question are nt meant to be asked 4 real.
Getting to canada should be your main concern and not the number of years u'll be given!!!!
You av nt collected TRV over kaku don dey worry u
Even if u are given 3yrs will u nt extend it b4 it expires??

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 12:28pm On May 26, 2016
Your email is not functioning,I have replied you.
yemdogg:

Can you help me review my sop ?

I think it was convincing enough. But I would your input on it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 12:44pm On May 26, 2016
Your email gave a mailerdemon reply.
yemdogg:

Can you help me review my sop ?

I think it was convincing enough. But I would your input on it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by OpeLovely(f): 12:44pm On May 26, 2016
tundechange:

Hi, what's the process like and what documents did you submit? Also, can one get it same day?

Thank you

Just go there with a photocopy of your international passport and one passport photograph. You will get it within one hour.

I bargained with the officer but he said its the new price regime and i had to pay.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jj17cv(m): 12:46pm On May 26, 2016
Any TRV in April submission
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tundechange: 1:13pm On May 26, 2016
OpeLovely:

Just go there with a photocopy of your international passport and one passport photograph. You will get it within one hour.

I bargained with the officer but he said its the new price regime and i had to pay.

Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 1:24pm On May 26, 2016
GeneralSnipper:
Good Day Everyone. Below are the documents I used during my application:

CIC Forms
Sponsor's Bank Statement - Corporate Account (Sponsor is my Uncle with same Surname)
Sponsor's Treasury Bill Investment from same account
Sponsorship Letter (stating that sponsor will provide entire funding for the program; fees + living cost)
My Stanbic Pension Statement
My Mansaard Life Insurance Savings
My GTB Savings Acct (Salary Account too)
Letter of Explanation to VO (don't sound desperate).

An agent was involved and for me it was worth it. Truth is every application is unique[b][/b] but you have to ensure you have the minimum requirements like Course of study should be related to previous study or work experience, Available funds should cover costs and cash flow should be okay, dont leave room for suspicion/doubt etc.

[b]NOTE:[/b]I didn't notarise any documents, did not include my pay slips, no letter of introduction from work place, no study leave letter, did not use any CAC document from Uncle, no affidavit was used, no shares, land or property documents was used even though I could have been able to provide them.

Lesson: ask questions, take risks that will not land you in more trouble, do the right thing and trust God.

Do you have previous travel history to any other country?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olaniyisal: 1:25pm On May 26, 2016
Goodday House,

Please can you explain the steps on my to link paper route to Online

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olaniyisal: 1:26pm On May 26, 2016
Goodday House,

Anyone Please, can you explain the steps on how to link paper route to Online

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 1:35pm On May 26, 2016
yemdogg:

Check University Of Manitoba and University of Ottawa.
Those schools are cheap for graduate studies.

Your last two years GPA is very important for University of Manitoba. You should have minimum of 3.0/4.0 in the last two years of study.

If you're self-sponsored then you should consider having $10k in addition to your tuition fee.

Most graduate schools in Canada offer either fellowship or teaching assistantship as scholarship. You should consider applying on time to be eligible for scholarships.

Try to apply for thesis masters if you're looking for scholarships. Course based masters don't usually attract scholarships.

University of Ottawa offers 15k Cad as scholarship mostly for thesis master students.

Their tution range from 6k-7k cad for a session.

Your supporting documents are very important.

Depending on yourprogram; you'll need the following;

1. Statements of intent

2. Research proposal (500words for u of Ottawa)

3. Two reference letters depending on your program.
Maximum of 3.

4. Your CV

5. Official transcript.

Your cgpa is important but what is more important is your cover letter or letter of intent, with that you can explain why you had bad grades in one or two semesters.

Your research proposal is also very important. Work on it very well. Make sure you check departmental website to see if the institution has a supervisor that is vast in your area of research interest. Cos if they don't have supervisor in your area of interest, no matter how high your cgpa is or how sound your research proposal is, you would be denied admission.

It happened to me, I was denied admission to u Of Manitoba cos the department was unable to secure a supervisor that was ready to take me.

So make sure you contact a potential supervisor. Tell him your research interest. Show him that you're passionate about it .

Finally pray to God.

I hope I am able to help.

Opinions of others gurus like justwise,haqinsfxb are needed on this too.

Did you say University of Ottawa is cheap? That's not right Bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 1:42pm On May 26, 2016
bjmme:
Your email gave a mailerdemon reply.

Baba nla, I have replied you o. I got your message. Desperately waiting for your review of my sop.

I sent the sop to your mail.

Thank you baba
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by GeneralSnipper: 1:50pm On May 26, 2016
None. First timer..

lawmerchant:

Do you have previous travel history to any other country?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yungreezy: 1:53pm On May 26, 2016
Kriss77:

This kinda question are nt meant to be asked 4 real.
Getting to canada should be your main concern and not the number of years u'll be given!!!!
You av nt collected TRV over kaku don dey worry u
Even if u are given 3yrs will u nt extend it b4 it expires??
yes my major concern is getting to Canada. But there is no harm in knowing beforehand.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 2:00pm On May 26, 2016
yungreezy:
are you certain of this concerning U of Ottawa? Fees between $6-7k per year?

Below is the tuition fee for 2014/2015 session.

You can also check this link to verify for yourself.

Fees for 2015/2016 session is not yet available on their website.

http://www.registrar.uottawa.ca/Default.aspx?tabid=4717

For scholarships check the link below

http://www.uottawa.ca/graduate-studies/students/awards/international-masters

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 2:03pm On May 26, 2016
lawmerchant:

Did you say University of Ottawa is cheap? That's not right Bro

Please enlighten me. Is it expensive. Check their website.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iammartinzo(m): 2:10pm On May 26, 2016
Hello House, got a msg that passport is ready for collection this mrng after request on Monday but my cic account is still open. Has there been anyone with this issue and who got passport request and was still denied?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by wayaa007(m): 2:44pm On May 26, 2016
iammartinzo:
Hello House, got a msg that passport is ready for collection this mrng after request on Monday but my cic account is still open. Has there been anyone with this issue and who got passport request and was still denied?
Have you received approval mail?
It's highly unlikely you will be rejected after passport request, just go pick up your passport and share the good news with the house

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iammartinzo(m): 2:54pm On May 26, 2016
wayaa007:

Have you received approval mail?
It's highly unlikely you will be rejected after passport request, just go pick up your passport and share the good news with the house
Though it's actually visiting visa. So, approval mail is not needed but just worried bcoz my cic account is still open and not yet closed. Got PPR on Monday. .. submitted on Tuesday and collection mail today and yet... my cic account is still open.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mcobex: 2:57pm On May 26, 2016
Pls btw online and paper route which one is better at this point? I intend applying for my trv next week monday for september session. Plssss its urgent.Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nadia94(f): 3:11pm On May 26, 2016
iammartinzo:

Though it's actually visiting visa. So, approval mail is not needed but just worried bcoz my cic account is still open and not yet closed. Got PPR on Monday. .. submitted on Tuesday and collection mail today and yet... my cic account is still open.
Seriously?!!Why cant we stop disturbing ourselves with negative thinking?!!! Tuesday is a long time plus Its none of ur business if the account is still open, ur passport and TRV is ready... There aint no stoping you now!!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Toluwaase(m): 3:31pm On May 26, 2016
mcobex:
Pls btw online and paper route which one is better at this point? I intend applying for my trv next week monday for september session. Plssss its urgent.Thanks

I do not think one is faster than the other. What you need is God's favour and knowledge of what to submit and what not to submit, how to write your SOP and the validity of your documents.

If you submit via paper route, you will submit your passport and your biometrics will be taken same day.

But if you go via online route, you will be requested to come for biometrics few days after submission while request will be made for your passport later.

Either way, the smartest move you can make is doing your medical exams upfront.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iammartinzo(m): 3:37pm On May 26, 2016
Nadia94:

Seriously?!!Why cant we stop disturbing ourselves with negative thinking?!!! Tuesday is a long time plus Its none of ur business if the account is still open, ur passport and TRV is ready... There aint no stoping you now!!!!
Lmao grin grin grin Thanks for your response. Was just thinking aloud. I'm positive always. Thanks and I appreciate

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 26, 2016
@ GeneralSnipper post

first of all, @GENERALSNIPPER congratulations if your post has iota of truth in it

1) I am a Guyman on my own independent entity, i can't watch you here to say only those documents got you TRV but as you said you used an agent have convincingly answered my doubts

2) for NEW FOLLOWERS on THIS THREAD that which he listed would never and ever get you visa,if you don't do the necessary documentation as it applies to your case.

3) i wouldn't want to lay emphasis on the ''ARRANGEE'' which i know his agent did but don't put up deceitful post which will mislead other genuine students that have no complexity in their timeline.

@TOLUWAASE

your opinion sends signal that your are NEW here. i will only agree to that post of his if he just finished UG study which i doubt, with those type of accounts of his stated,showed he is non of my above mentioned so invariably he should be at the working age of ours. if one is employed/working and during STUDENT VISA APPLICATION of canada and u failed to provide details of ur current employment with the actual documentation u will palatably be served on the tick box, PERSONAL ASSETS AND FINANCIAL STATUS and PURPOSE OF VISIT. i have been a silent follower and ghost reader on this thread. read part 4,5,6,7 to also educate yourself

i rest my case!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.