Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,710 members, 7,820,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1008727 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by sheriff712(m): 10:09am On Jul 28, 2016
meekmk:

My Nigga.. Na you and MichV approval I dey expect now oooooo. You both plus Sherriff dey owe me one beer and one female coursemate each..

Lol. I no dey drink beer oooo. grin. I go prefer Malt and Peak Milk grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 28, 2016
edgestone:
Hi you can use this website to calculate duration between dates http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html
thank you abunch..madame! this calculator clears the doubt..it will be 13weeks on 16/08..i have just saved this link now
@opeyeminas thanks for ur input your cleared the guess out of my thinking too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jayslim1992: 10:32am On Jul 28, 2016
Hello house. please can some one help me with the address of where i can get police character certificate, the price and how long it takes from application to when it will be issued
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by browndegreat: 10:33am On Jul 28, 2016
Rproxy88:

Brother the thing tire me ohhh I submitted late thou last Monday due to sorting out some document... I'm resuming first week of sept... It's well.

Some persons have applied since April no feedback
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by browndegreat: 10:33am On Jul 28, 2016
Rproxy88:

Brother the thing tire me ohhh I submitted late thou last Monday due to sorting out some document... I'm resuming first week of sept... It's well.

Some persons have applied since April no feedback No medicals
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 28, 2016
sheriff712:

Lol. I no dey drink beer oooo. grin. I go prefer Malt and Peak Milk grin
@meekmk i don't take beer,it causes bloated belly. you don't want me to be looking sexy lipsrsealed grin in the Lecture room amidst of these whitey babes..i take wine biko tongue!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Aflafla: 10:38am On Jul 28, 2016
What's really up with UOIT. I applied since March 2016 for Winter 2017. Please is there anyone on this thread who applied to them for same period that has probably heard from them?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Shadoke: 10:38am On Jul 28, 2016
michV:
thank you abunch..madame! this calculator clears the doubt..it will be 13weeks on 16/08..i have just saved this link now
@opeyeminas thanks for ur input your cleared the guess out of my thinking too

kindly help with the link to track application status bcs I have not been able to track my application for the past two weeks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 28, 2016
Shadoke:

kindly help with the link to track application status bcs I have not been able to track my application for the past two weeks.
if you applied via paper route,use ur trackig ID number on ur slip and input with ur Date of Birth -->>http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Nigeria/track_your_application.html

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bosypumpin: 11:02am On Jul 28, 2016
@Meekmk, congrats on the TRV
goodnews await every TRV hopeful
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by sheriph: 11:07am On Jul 28, 2016
Dear house, Please my mum applied to visit my brother in Canada since April 13 and we have not gotten any mail yet and it is over 3 months now. I sent a reminder mail of 14th of July and i received a reply same day that ( No update to your application) . Please can i still send another reminder mail ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by diggy4real: 11:22am On Jul 28, 2016
diggy4real:
How can one calculate ones GPA .....which site and how
Much? Or is it free?

How much is it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by diggy4real: 11:23am On Jul 28, 2016
diggy4real:
How can one calculate ones GPA .....which site and how
Much? Or is it free?

Someone should help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 11:45am On Jul 28, 2016
Arcayo:
[b]
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (FALL 2016)
1. Crazygurl: April 5th.Conestoga PGD. Medical passed April 18th.
2. Opeyeminas: April 7 Conestoga, pgd, paper route, Upfront medicals. Medical Passed
3. Snoop4dem; April 11th, Uni of Victoria, masters, paper route,Medical Passed Approved June 24th Congrats
4. CassetteBoy: April 11th. UofT. Masters. Online route. Medical Request, Medical Passed, APPROVED 22nd July. Congrats
5. Grandcommander April 13, Conestoga College, PGC, Paper route, Upfront Medicals.Medical Passed
6. wayaa007: April 19, Georgian college, PGC, paper route
7. Deda3103: April 26th MSc, Uni of Saskatchewan, online route. Medical Request, Medical Passed. Approved 22nd July. Congrats
8. Ajibade001 April 27 M.Sc. Online
University of Saskatchewan.
9. qwertyasdf May 03, University of
Saskatchewan, PhD, Paper route, upfront medicals. Medical passed Approved 20th July Congrats

10. Rhegina May 4 U of M, masters paper route upfront medicals,Medical Passed,APPROVED July 13th CONGRATS
11. Aguns2k may 7 paper route, Conestoga college
12. abestine: May 12, MSc, Umanitoba, paper route, upfront medicals, Medical passed
13. greatlifeis89:May 24, Seneca, PGC, Paper route. Upfront Medicals, Medical Passed
14. Ayoadeoyatokun: May 25, Seneca, PGC,Paper route
15. tangled: May 26 Umanitoba MBA, Online route, Upfront medicals Approved 21st July Congrats
16. aliACCA :May 26 U of M, masters paper route upfront medicals
17. Datkoded, Seneca College, advance dip May 26, paper route
18. Matthew2120: June 1st, Masters, Paper route, Centennial college ,
19. moe0164 . Saskatchewan poly June 1st.. Paper route, awaiting medicals
20. emma4eva: June 3 MEng, Online. Ryerson University, Medical Request
21. Ikcbn: June 10th Niagara college, paper route. Medical (Passed)
22. abmendozer: June 13, Masters, Paper route, Geogian College
23. Ymc007: June 14, masters, paper route, Dalhousie University
24. Giov: June 16th Brandon University, Masters Paper Route. Upfront Medicals Medical Passed
25. Arcayo: June 19th PGC, Conestoga online route, upfront medicals
26. Olubee22: June 24th, St Mary Uni, UG, online
27. Faroukfahima: June 28th, Adv Dip, Conestoga College,Paper Route
28. Sexyqueen2: June 30th, M.Sc. Process Systems Engineering, University of Regina, Online route,
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by johnwick2(m): 11:54am On Jul 28, 2016
sammymexi:
anybody going to Red Deer College Alberta for fall 2016?

Yea I would be resuming at red deer college in fall 2016. Could u please hit me up, I have sent u a pm already. There are certain things I need to discuss with you. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jredlom(m): 11:55am On Jul 28, 2016
I have been admitted for a french language and culture course at McGill University in Quebec city for January 2017. I have fully paid for my course and also paid fully for off campus accommodation.

I am 23 years and hold an Associate Degree in Hospitality Management and a flight attendant certificate, I want to work as a flight attendant or Restaurant supervisor or manager in a big hotel that is why i want to learn the french language which will give me an advantage.

I own a grocery and cosmetic shop and the business has been registered in my name.

DOCUMENT I WILL BE SUBMITTING TO THE EMBASSY

*Acceptance Letter

*Accommodation reservation receipt

*My Business Registration Certificate and Tax Receipts

*Tenancy agreement for my rented shop

*University Certificate and transcripts

*Few receipts of good I purchase to my shop

*Personal Bank Statement with $2000 CND and Reference letter from bank

*Statement of Purpose

*Letter from my Church to give evidence of my role and duties in Church

*Tenancy agreement of my rented room

*Sponsors Bank Statement with balance of $4600 CND and reference letter from the bank (My Sponsor is my Biological mother)

*Sponsorship Letter

*Affidavit of Sponsorship

*Copy of sponsors passport

Do I have a strong case to be a successful applicant?

NB:I am using a sponsor because my business is only a year and 2 months old
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Sevenody: 12:22pm On Jul 28, 2016
Does one need a US transit visa if your airline is connecting thru New york? If so, how much is it and how long it take to get it.
Thanks guys
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Aflafla: 12:30pm On Jul 28, 2016
andre99:
We really need PGC/PGD applicants to come and give their testimony right here on this forum because it baffles me for a VO to delay an application just because u r going for a PGC/PGD, we need applicants to request for their GCMS to really know the main reason for the delay and not conclude that they r delayed because they r going for a PGC/PGD and my last advise is to always apply for a program that is related to ur 1st degree, I noticed most people applying to colleges always apply to study Human Resources Management.

You are absolutely right on this andre99...that was my mistake. My course didn't relate to my undergrad course of study. So I'm starting all over again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 28, 2016
Hello house.. what is the usual duration of a study visa? Is one year normal?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Sevenody: 12:34pm On Jul 28, 2016
ChosenCanadian:

Congratulations! I rejoice with you.

Pls which airline are you going to use. How expensive is it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Sevenody: 12:39pm On Jul 28, 2016
osbon:
Hello People,

I recently got the Canada TRV for study. Please can someone advice me on what to expect at the border service. I would be arriving first in Toronto before taking another flight to the Uni.

Thanks.

Pls which airline are you going to use?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by onlymexyz: 12:40pm On Jul 28, 2016
jayslim1992:
Hello house. please can some one help me with the address of where i can get police character certificate, the price and how long it takes from application to when it will be issued

Hello, do u mean police report.... If yes.....depend on where u are right now but Lag is d best place u get that..... At police HQ Alagbon Ikoyi... Ask for fingerprints section but as for price is under 5K and u get within 30 minutes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 28, 2016
Please have anybody used a cousin with different surname as sponsor and got his/her study permit/visa approved? What are documents he/she tendered to prove his/her sponsor's relationship?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by moufpeas(m): 1:00pm On Jul 28, 2016
jredlom:
I have been admitted for a french language and culture course at McGill University in Quebec city for January 2017. I have fully paid for my course and also paid fully for off campus accommodation.

I am 23 years and hold an Associate Degree in Hospitality Management and a flight attendant certificate, I want to work as a flight attendant or Restaurant supervisor or manager in a big hotel that is why i want to learn the french language which will give me an advantage.

I own a grocery and cosmetic shop and the business has been registered in my name.

DOCUMENT I WILL BE SUBMITTING TO THE EMBASSY

*Acceptance Letter

*Accommodation reservation receipt

*My Business Registration Certificate and Tax Receipts

*Tenancy agreement for my rented shop

*University Certificate and transcripts

*Few receipts of good I purchase to my shop

*Personal Bank Statement with $2000 CND and Reference letter from bank

*Statement of Purpose

*Letter from my Church to give evidence of my role and duties in Church

*Tenancy agreement of my rented room

*Sponsors Bank Statement with balance of $4600 CND and reference letter from the bank (My Sponsor is my Biological mother)

*Sponsorship Letter

*Affidavit of Sponsorship

*Copy of sponsors passport

Do I have a strong case to be a successful applicant?

NB:I am using a sponsor because my business is only a year and 2 months old

Add your birth certificate to prove your relationship with your sponsor/mother
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hustla(m): 1:05pm On Jul 28, 2016
Bmdacutie:
Hello house.. what is the usual duration of a study visa? Is one year normal?

1 or 2
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by rheginarh(f): 1:12pm On Jul 28, 2016
[quote author=jredlom post=47963450]I have been admitted for a french language and culture course at McGill University in Quebec city for January 2017. I have fully paid for my course and also paid fully for off campus accommodation.

Letter from church might not be necessary, also the intended course is french language nd culture, you might av to explain why you are goin all the way to canada to learn french, yu can learn it in nearby francophone countries or even in nigeria, or do yu av previous work experience in international relations or linguistic, or yu blv taking this course will help get work xperience, i think purpose of visit might not be clear
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 1:17pm On Jul 28, 2016
i went to standard chartered yesterday for tuition payment....form A #254=c$1,i was informed in a week it will be done.....seriously isnt funny over there as i kept calculation...i had headache self shocked
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by john4affiliate: 1:21pm On Jul 28, 2016
Friend of mine applied April 29 online nothing yet, can somebody tell me what is going on
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Chebe01: 1:55pm On Jul 28, 2016
"Please be advised that your application for a study permit in Canada is with an officer for review. You will be contacted once the review is complete or if the officer requires further information"
..................................What do you guys think? currently under review or queued up for review? Also missed a call that I'm guessing is from them (tried to call back but it cant connect)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by rossybell(f): 2:15pm On Jul 28, 2016
andre99:
We really need PGC/PGD applicants to come and give their testimony right here on this forum because it baffles me for a VO to delay an application just because u r going for a PGC/PGD, we need applicants to request for their GCMS to really know the main reason for the delay and not conclude that they r delayed because they r going for a PGC/PGD and my last advise is to always apply for a program that is related to ur 1st degree, I noticed most people applying to colleges always apply to study Human Resources Management.

Greetings to all the Gurus in the house,

Please what are the courses related to Human Resource Manangement, cos I am confused oo. Is Bsc in Accounting among the list?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ethan45(m): 2:45pm On Jul 28, 2016
Sevenody:
Does one need a US transit visa if your airline is connecting thru New york? If so, how much is it and how long it take to get it.
Thanks guys

Yes you do, the amount is 48k. My advix is to just seek an airline dt dont need u getting a transit visa to U.s cos its a no no. Trust me on dis one, the v.o wud be lyk why do u nid to transit tru the u.s wen there a couple of oda flights dt takes u to ur destination witout u getting a transit? Unless u want to dash them the 48k, d first tym i did it, dt was d reply they gav me so dont bother, u cn check oda airlines? Its only given if u hv been issued a visa to u.s before. Am telling u from experience Bro. Its usually frustrating for first timers.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 28, 2016
jredlom:
I have gain admission to study Intensive French Language and culture in McGill university for one session.I am 23 years and currently self employed.I own a grocery shop and it is registered in my name. I have gotten the acceptance letter from the school after paying fully for my tuition and insurance. I have also fully paid for my off campus accommodation (Home Stay). My mother will be sponsoring me. I will attach my personal bank statement with about Thousand CND. I don't have a business bank statement but have my business registration and tax clearance. My mother is a trader and only pay tax to the municipal authority as her business is not registered. What are my chances of getting Visitor's Visa for my short studies?
Nice, you can use it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.