Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,822 members, 7,820,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1008883 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 28, 2016
paulavon:
Greetings to all the gurus in the house,I have questions which I need answers to. I got admission for a two years diploma program,the tuition fee per year is $14,000Cad and I have paid $1500 already as requested. My question is; will a sponsor's account having 8Million and my personal account having 2Million be sufficient?please I need help.

What schl is that and how did you go about getting the Admission? Please respond.. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ugosshhh: 10:37pm On Jul 28, 2016
Aflafla:
What's really up with UOIT. I applied since March 2016 for Winter 2017. Please is there anyone on this thread who applied to them for same period that has probably heard from them?

I applied in june 2016 for winter 2017. But I was made to understand admission decisions are made after the deadline, which was july 15th....for MENG ECE, so a response can come any moment. What course did u apply for?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by rossybell(f): 10:58pm On Jul 28, 2016
So nobody even fit answer my questions here .....no wahala . I ll go pretend I nver asked o.

God bless una well well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CassetteBoy(m): 10:58pm On Jul 28, 2016
thesoj, what's your general opinion of each province in Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ramsol00: 11:10pm On Jul 28, 2016
Pls anyone in British Columbia that could help me pay my $153 application fees and I pay to their account with naira. I have been trying to pay with my ATM card but they say they only accept credit card. I will really appreciate anyone that can help or suggest a way out.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 28, 2016
ramsol00:
Pls anyone in British Columbia that could help me pay my $153 application fees and I pay to their account with naira. I have been trying to pay with my ATM card but they say they only accept credit card. I will really appreciate anyone that can help or suggest a way out.
Thanks.
have you tried paying first of all and your transaction got declined before concluding? Usually it would state credit cards but if you have naira master card, the transaction will go.you would hardly get someone to confidently admit ur request here..people no dy trust person for wia money Matter dey..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ramsol00: 11:27pm On Jul 28, 2016
michV:
have you tried paying first of all before concluding! Usually it would state credit cards but if you have naira master card, the transaction will go.you would hardly get someone to confidently admit ur request here..people no dy trust person for wia money Matter dey..

Yeah I did but it got declined all the times. I spoke with the cashier n she told me I would have to get someone with credit card . The thing is the person won't even give me the card details, they will call the school him/herself n pay
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 28, 2016
ramsol00:

Yeah I did but it got declined all the times. I spoke with the cashier n she told me I would have to get someone with credit card . The thing is the person won't even give me the card details, they will call the school him/herself n pay
i hope you get some1 to help if not you go to ur bank tomorrow and get a prepaid visa card(credit card) i have 1 which took 1week from my bank. I used it when i was Doing all my online processing payment in canada. It has normal PIN and IPIN for security purposes in transacting online.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by NonelikeGod: 11:48pm On Jul 28, 2016
thesoj lives in America.

CassetteBoy:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by paulavon: 2:10am On Jul 29, 2016
shakur01:

What schl is that and how did you go about getting the Admission? Please respond.. Thanks

The school is Bow valley college, Calgary.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 2:12am On Jul 29, 2016
CassetteBoy:
@NonelikeGod is correct. I don't live in Canada, I live in the country next door to it (for a while I called it one of the "Five Eye" countries). Just in case you haven't read my old posts, I ended up on this thread a year ago because I was trying to help my sister get a Canadian TRV (after she got denied) and I ended up staying past my welcome lol. After reading from about Part 4 to Part 8 (at the time) I was able to help her package her next application which got approved swiftly, and this success inspired us to apply for my younger brother (a complex applicant) as well who got his study permit TRV on the first try.

Even though I don't live in Canada I still have opinions about it haha! I have in the recent past briefly visited Ontario, Quebec, and British Columbia. What specific questions do you want me to answer? I will let you know what I can answer and what I can't. I will mention some of the other gurus (living/studying in Canada) on the thread to answer questions about their respective provinces if the answers can't be googled!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by double08(m): 3:36am On Jul 29, 2016
Gurus in the house I need your advice.

I'm graduating sept. 2nd to be precise and my visa expires by December 5th. (Intend applying for my PGWP as soon as I graduate )

I intend going to Nigeria second week of September and come back to canny by 2nd week of October. My question is Hope coming back to canny won't be a problem? Just want to be sure. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by double08(m): 3:38am On Jul 29, 2016
ramsol00:

Thanks.

I'm not in BC but I can help. PM me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by modulus30: 4:59am On Jul 29, 2016
Greetings every one. Please what is GCMS, what is it used for and how is it gotten. Thanks people, Applied 10th june, no medical call, nothing till now. They kept saying your application is still being processed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gymme(m): 6:37am On Jul 29, 2016
As far as your visa is still valid and it is multiple entry (usually), you are good to go to Nigeria and come back before December 5.

Take along your study permit too oo cos at your POE when coming back, those guys go ask for am.

double08:
Gurus in the house I need your advice.

I'm graduating sept. 2nd to be precise and my visa expires by December 5th. (Intend applying for my PGWP as soon as I graduate )

I intend going to Nigeria second week of September and come back to canny by 2nd week of October. My question is Hope coming back to canny won't be a problem? Just want to be sure. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gymme(m): 6:42am On Jul 29, 2016
GCMS is a document that shows the full details of a completed application (study, work permit etc). Approved or not.

You can apply for it online or through paper. But it is faster (max 30 days) if a resident in Canada applies on your behalf.

modulus30:
Greetings every one. Please what is GCMS, what is it used for and how is it gotten. Thanks people, Applied 10th june, no medical call, nothing till now. They kept saying your application is still being processed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 29, 2016
paulavon:

The school is Bow valley college, Calgary.
Thanks bro. Am interested aswel and check ur Pm...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jurobi26: 7:42am On Jul 29, 2016
Hello, please I need an explanation on the CIC website, I need someone giving me a laid down steps on how to go about the site, and can someone also clarify what is meant a security key partner. Someone should plz giv me a reply. Tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jurobi26: 7:47am On Jul 29, 2016
Hello, please I need an explanation on the CIC website, I need someone giving me a laid down steps on how to go about the site, and can someone also clarify what is meant by a security key partner. Someone should plz giv me a reply. Tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Observant: 7:48am On Jul 29, 2016
thesoj:

@NonelikeGod is correct. I don't live in Canada, I live in the country next door to it (for a while I called it one of the "Five Eye" countries). Just in case you haven't read my old posts, I ended up on this thread a year ago because I was trying to help my sister get a Canadian TRV (after she got denied) and I ended up staying past my welcome lol. After reading from about Part 4 to Part 8 (at the time) I was able to help her package her next application which got approved swiftly, and this success inspired us to apply for my younger brother (a complex applicant) as well who got his study permit TRV on the first try.

Even though I don't live in Canada I still have opinions about it haha! I have in the recent past briefly visited Ontario, Quebec, and British Columbia. What specific questions do you want me to answer? I will let you know what I can answer and what I can't. I will mention some of the other gurus (living/studying in Canada) on the thread to answer questions about their respective provinces if the answers can't be googled!

Thesoj abeg respond to my PM. This is STANDUPGUY, remember me? I'm having issues login into the email I used on that moniker. Abeg I have a few questions for you. My US F1 has been approved after the shit Canada gave me.
I need to ask you a few questions.
Thanks

P.S at anyone taking shit from CIC, there are other very sharp study locations like Australia and US. Australia in particular offer even more than Canada in terms of student jobs and easy access to PR.
Don't waste your time and money on these who delight in frustrating your applications. After 3 refusals from CIC who could believe that US would grant me visa at first try? You might just be faithed to study in another location.
Trust me, I have the first hand experience of CIC bullshit, pulling a 180 degrees on me after paying off my 2yrs tuition upfront and unequivocally proving my financial capacity. They searched for another reason to refuse my application as if anything had changed I'm my documents.

Well apparently there older and more reason brother US just found me eligible to study in there own country.

Thesoj abeg come give better load down.
CIC ndi Ara.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 8:32am On Jul 29, 2016
which bank in Nigeria will do that at the rate of #1..
omooba2015:

Them be thief, I think it's too much... U check xe.com and u see $1cad to 1#. Or u check other banks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 8:39am On Jul 29, 2016
cbn is no more dictating to these pple,they only regulate it
blaugrana82:
i just checked the cbn rate online. it's N239
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 29, 2016
Observant:

Thesoj abeg respond to my PM. This is STANDUPGUY, remember me? I'm having issues login into the email I used on that moniker. Abeg I have a few questions for you. My US F1 has been approved after the shit Canada gave me.
I need to ask you a few questions.
Thanks

P.S at anyone taking shit from CIC, there are other very sharp study locations like Australia and US. Australia in particular offer even more than Canada in terms of student jobs and easy access to PR.
Don't waste your time and money on these who delight in frustrating your applications. After 3 refusals from CIC who could believe that US would grant me visa at first try? You might just be faithed to study in another location.
Trust me, I have the first hand experience of CIC bullshit, pulling a 180 degrees on me after paying off my 2yrs tuition upfront and unequivocally proving my financial capacity. They searched for another reason to refuse my application as if anything had changed I'm my documents.

Well apparently there older and more reason brother US just found me eligible to study in there own country.

Thesoj abeg come give better load down.
CIC ndi Ara.

nice talk but from the little enquiries i made about Australia, it seems it takes about the same time(3 months) to process visa applications with canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ramsol00: 9:16am On Jul 29, 2016
double08:

I'm not in BC but I can help. PM me

I just did bro....waiting for your response sir

Regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kelvyn29(m): 9:26am On Jul 29, 2016
ugosshhh:

I applied in june 2016 for winter 2017. But I was made to understand admission decisions are made after the deadline, which was july 15th....for MENG ECE, so a response can come any moment. What course did u apply for?

I applied for UOIT Winter 2017.
They said they would get back to me in September.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by opia12345: 9:37am On Jul 29, 2016
whats your question
rossybell:
So nobody even fit answer my questions here .....no wahala . I ll go pretend I nver asked o.

God bless una well well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by omooba2015(m): 9:49am On Jul 29, 2016
bjmme:
which bank in Nigeria will do that at the rate of #1..
What I mean is per Naira not 1#
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Harmony22: 9:49am On Jul 29, 2016
i would like to ask anyone who has an idea of how the study permit works as regards to immigrating or traveling to canada, For a study permit that is granted for 2 years programme. does it mean that irrespective of if the person attended the school that year the study permit will still be valid..... Assuming that the study permit was granted late and the school do not defer or allow student to come late... could the same study permit can be used to travel if given admission for next year fall semester since it is still valid or someone had to apply for another study permit....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by easyxtan: 9:59am On Jul 29, 2016
Just got my passport request now

Application date Online: 13 April
Medical Call: 20 July
Medical passed : 28 July
Original Passport Request: 29 July

Program Dual master in MBA and International Management (MScIM).

Applied last year but was denial due to Insufficient funds after medical request

15 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lekan282: 10:05am On Jul 29, 2016
Harmony22:
i would like to ask anyone who has an idea of how the study permit works as regards to immigrating or traveling to canada, For a study permit that is granted for 2 years programme. does it mean that irrespective of if the person attended the school that year the study permit will still be valid..... Assuming that the study permit was granted late and the school do not defer or allow student to come late... could the same study permit can be used to travel if given admission for next year fall semester since it is still valid or someone had to apply for another study permit....
Guru in the house we ur input on this...assuming the study permit is issue late and d school u applied to one cant defer d admission wat will the person do?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 29, 2016
Good morning everybody in the house. I want to pay application fees to mohawk college in ontario. Pls can any body around there help me to pay and i will pay back in naira, so that i can tell gt bank to return my fx transfer. I sent my naira master card to my sch, but later revert and told me transaction decline that are should use bank wire transfer and i went to gtbank to carried out the transaction through my domiciliary account, today making 7 working days and my bank are yet to delivered the fees. Am getting perplex upon the huge amount gtbank charge for just 100dollar. I called my sch but they are yet to recieved it. Guru in the house should pls help out advice me wat to do. Am on it since june
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bosypumpin: 10:17am On Jul 29, 2016
@easyxtancongratz ,so happy for you
@michV to the rescue,
@meekm, you are welcome sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (403)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.