Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,773 members, 7,820,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (312) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1008811 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ethan45(m): 3:22pm On Jul 28, 2016
Landmark445:
Boss, please which of the banks gave you reference letter? My own bank refused to give me, saying they don't give reference letter for savings account. Please reply ASAP

I guess u re banking wit Gtb? Dats d same tin d told me, u are issued a reference leta if u hv a current or oda accounts bt not a savings account. They wud giv u a confirmation of account if u hv a savings account . U cn tell them hw u want the body of the letter to be like but it wont be headed a reference letter but a confirmation of account which wud be addressed to whoeva telling them u are signatory to the account. No mind them, jst go wit it. Its also on a bank letter head and signed as well so need to panick.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Sevenody: 3:27pm On Jul 28, 2016
Ethan45:

Yes you do, the amount is 48k. My advix is to just seek an airline dt dont need u getting a transit visa to U.s cos its a no no. Trust me on dis one, the v.o wud be lyk why do u nid to transit tru the u.s wen there a couple of oda flights dt takes u to ur destination witout u getting a transit? Unless u want to dash them the 48k, d first tym i did it, dt was d reply they gav me so dont bother, u cn check oda airlines? Its only given if u hv been issued a visa to u.s before. Am telling u from experience Bro. Its usually frustrating for first timers.

Ok, thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 3:56pm On Jul 28, 2016
Skiiiwalker:

i sent them e-mail, and this is what they replied

" please be advised that your application is still in queue for review. No further action is required by you at this moment. You will be contacted once a decision is made".... this whole thing is stressful.

Which one did you do ?

Case enquiry or you mailed Accra CIC?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 28, 2016
Ethan45:

I guess u re banking wit Gtb? Dats d same tin d told me, u are issued a reference leta if u hv a current or oda accounts bt not a savings account. They wud giv u a confirmation of account if u hv a savings account . U cn tell them hw u want the body of the letter to be like but it wont be headed a reference letter but a confirmation of account which wud be addressed to whoeva telling them u are signatory to the account. No mind them, jst go wit it. Its also on a bank letter head and signed as well so need to panick.
Thanks bro. Please do they charge for the reference letter or confirmation of account?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by omooba2015(m): 4:25pm On Jul 28, 2016
bjmme:
i went to standard chartered yesterday for tuition payment....form A #254=c$1,i was informed in a week it will be done.....seriously isnt funny over there as i kept calculation...i had headache self shocked
Them be thief, I think it's too much... U check xe.com and u see $1cad to 1#. Or u check other banks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ethan45(m): 4:46pm On Jul 28, 2016
Landmark445:
Thanks bro. Please do they charge for the reference letter or confirmation of account?

Ummmmm i think it was 1,500 for confirmation of accnt den 2,500 for ref leta. Prices may vary from different bank branches though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by meekmk(m): 4:49pm On Jul 28, 2016
Churkie:

@meekmk, were you later called for medicals?
From your post above, it is obvious you didn't upfront medicals.

Yes... I got a medical request mail exactly 4 weeks after my application was submitted.. Approval 3 weeks later
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by meekmk(m): 4:50pm On Jul 28, 2016
michV:
@meekmk i don't take beer,it causes bloated belly. you don't want me to be looking sexy lipsrsealed grin in the Lecture room amidst of these whitey babes..i take wine biko tongue!

If you don reach.. Play come British Colombia.. With your babe and make she bring friend.. Hehe.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by meekmk(m): 4:50pm On Jul 28, 2016
sheriff712:

Lol. I no dey drink beer oooo. grin. I go prefer Malt and Peak Milk grin

Jedi Jedi.. Which work malt and milk go do?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by meekmk(m): 4:51pm On Jul 28, 2016
bosypumpin:
@Meekmk, congrats on the TRV
goodnews await every TRV hopeful

Thanks bro!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 4:59pm On Jul 28, 2016
jredlom:
I have been admitted for a french language and culture course at McGill University in Quebec city for January 2017. I have fully paid for my course and also paid fully for off campus accommodation.

I am 23 years and hold an Associate Degree in Hospitality Management and a flight attendant certificate, I want to work as a flight attendant or Restaurant supervisor or manager in a big hotel that is why i want to learn the french language which will give me an advantage.

I own a grocery and cosmetic shop and the business has been registered in my name...
I just realized I already stated my opinion on your visa application. It's good that you feel confident enough to submit an application, notwithstanding the concerns raised in my previous response. I am guessing you have addressed all the issues that may pop into the mind of the VO. Cheers and best of luck.

Edited: To be brutally honest, I still think that your app has very little chance for the same reasons that @rheginarh mentioned. Your "purpose of visit" is not clear. Also, given that your course of study doesn't really have a justifiable purpose of visit, the VO will see that you have minimal financial ties to Nigeria as evidenced by your total $2000CDN. Additionally, you own no property, you presumably are not married, your business is not financially robust enough to sponsor yourself, your sponsor's funds are "just" $4600CDN, you have zero travel history to OECD countries, etc. You have minimal financial and professional ties to Nigeria. Bro, if you were my brother I would tell you to not apply because your chance of denial is like 99.9%.

BUT if you insist that you will apply, then in your SOP you need to really paint yourself as a visionary and make a case for why going to study French in Canada would considerably increase your ability to achieve your professional goals. You will need to be as specific as possible about this. Do not take it lightly. You will also need to specifically spell out an itemized plan of your professional goals in Nigeria (lay out the plans, don't just make generic statements) and link each goal to what you will gain from your short time studying French in Canada. You will also need to explain concisely what you have been doing in Nigeria to push toward these professional goals of yours. You will need to explain why you must study the course in Canada as opposed to the neighboring Francophone countries. Your arguments will have to be cogent and your whole app will need to sound extremely intelligent and professional. Since you have few financial and family ties to Nigeria, you WILL need to make a case that you have extremely strong professional ties to Nigeria.

If you do this, then your chance of denial may reduce to like 80-90%. Sorry I sound pessimistic. But I'm just trying to help.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jayslim1992: 5:10pm On Jul 28, 2016
Hello house. please is it necessary including reference letters for statement of account. And in a situation where u cant get reference letter, can confirmation letter serve??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 28, 2016
meekmk:

Thanks bro!
no be bro na she oo! @bosypumpin na Madame oo wt kid(s)..na my lawyer she be wey dy clear cases for me cos i too dy find trouble grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jredlom(m): 5:35pm On Jul 28, 2016
I am from Ghana,i don't only have any property apart from my shop,Initially i wanted to go to France but scared of the terrorism going on there. Neighboring Francophone countries like Togo,Burkina-Faso Ivory coast etc french id different from the french the whites speaks that is why i don't want to go there.For traveling history I have been to South Africa on two occasion.Do I still need a bulky money in my sponsor's account even if everything regarding the course has been paid? Also i want to know if you can help me with a sample of statement of account
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Chebe01: 5:49pm On Jul 28, 2016
Please be advised that your application for a study permit in Canada is with an officer for review. You will be contacted once the review is complete or if the officer requires further information"
..................................What do you guys think? currently under review or queued up for review? Also missed a call that I'm guessing is from them (tried to call back but I couldnt connect)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 6:04pm On Jul 28, 2016
Ghana & Naija, c'est la meme chose, lol. grin
Well, ok in your application you should come up with an elegant way to explain why you need to study "Standard French"; you could allude to the fact that in the hospitality/hotel/restaurant/aviation industries, your accent and international exposure (outside Africa) are premium traits that would play a key role in your ability to serve international French speaking clients. Also explain why you don't want to go to France (because I am certain the VO would be wondering why not France). But keep in mind that if I were the VO, I would still think that you could study Standard French by being dedicated to watching YouTube videos and using apps like Duolingo or Rosetta Stone. So you might want to be additionally more convincing.

Also, you can consider framing your trips to South Africa in a way that shows that you are not an intending immigrant. You will have to do this in a subtle yet convincing way.

About if you need bulky money in your sponsor's account, I don't really know the answer to this (and I'm not sure I'd recommend a sudden deposit). I think what matters is that you should be able to prove that you have enough ties to Ghana otherwise your chances of denial are high.
jredlom:
I am from Ghana,i don't only have any property apart from my shop,Initially i wanted to go to France but scared of the terrorism going on there. Neighboring Francophone countries like Togo,Burkina-Faso Ivory coast etc french id different from the french the whites speaks that is why i don't want to go there.For traveling history I have been to South Africa on two occasion.Do I still need a bulky money in my sponsor's account even if everything regarding the course has been paid? Also i want to know if you can help me with a sample of statement of account

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 6:09pm On Jul 28, 2016
@jredlom, instead of going for French why not go study a international hospitality related course in Quebec and then use that opportunity to gain a better French accent? To do this, first dedicate a year or so to learn French in Ivory Coast/Benin/Togo, and then go to a school like this in Quebec. This would be much more credible (though probably much more expensive).

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by blaugrana82(m): 6:39pm On Jul 28, 2016
omooba2015:

Them be thief, I think it's too much... U check xe.com and u see $1cad to 1#. Or u check other banks.
i just checked the cbn rate online. it's N239
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 28, 2016
meekmk:

My Nigga.. Na you and MichV approval I dey expect now oooooo. You both plus Sherriff dey owe me one beer and one female coursemate each..
lol..no lele
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Rproxy88(m): 6:43pm On Jul 28, 2016
browndegreat:

Some persons have applied since April no feedback No medicals

Na wah ohh.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jredlom(m): 6:55pm On Jul 28, 2016
I have a french teacher teaching basic french 3 times a week and also i can't afford to go for a full year course
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by omooba2015(m): 7:26pm On Jul 28, 2016
blaugrana82:
i just checked the cbn rate online. it's N239
Is not stable..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jredlom(m): 7:48pm On Jul 28, 2016
Thank you very much thesoj
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 7:59pm On Jul 28, 2016
jredlom:
I have a french teacher teaching basic french 3 times a week and also i can't afford to go for a full year course
Understood. Perhaps you should find a way to weave this into your application so the VO knows that you've been investing in learning the language already.

It would be even more credible if you have taken the TEF (the French equivalent of IELTS) as evidence of your burgeoning French ability; assuming your French level is ok (I'm guessing B1 level, according to the European CEFR language competency levels), then you could maybe find a less expensive hospitality program to attend in Quebec (instead of going to study just French)?
jredlom:
Thank you very much thesoj
You are welcome.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by paulavon: 8:12pm On Jul 28, 2016
Greetings to all the gurus in the house,I have questions which I need answers to. I got admission for a two years diploma program,the tuition fee per year is $14,000Cad and I have paid $1500 already as requested. My question is; will a sponsor's account having 8Million and my personal account having 2Million be sufficient?please I need help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by blaugrana82(m): 8:38pm On Jul 28, 2016
omooba2015:

Is not stable..
but N239=1CAD is still too much.. buhari is Nigerian's worst nightmare

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Rproxy88(m): 8:52pm On Jul 28, 2016
blaugrana82:
but N239=1CAD is still too much.. buhari is Nigerian's worst nightmare

Na wah ohh make una still Dey try Dey reliatic now. If Buhari is our worst nightmare Wetin we to call oga jobs wey b wan almost do 10years?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jurobi26: 9:36pm On Jul 28, 2016
Hello, please I need an explanation on the CIC website, I need someone giving me a laid down steps on how to go about the site, and can someone also clarify what is meant a security key partner. Thnks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by browndegreat: 9:37pm On Jul 28, 2016
Please how long does it take to get feedback a feedback from CIC after medicals. I applied in may no medical examination update till now. Can someone update me please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bayojbbb2002: 10:13pm On Jul 28, 2016
bayojbbb2002:
Hi guys,
Pls how much does it cost to do upfront medicals at Q-Life.
Thanks

Can someone respond to this please..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by sammymexi(m): 10:24pm On Jul 28, 2016
johnwick2:

Yea I would be resuming at red deer college in fall 2016. Could u please hit me up, I have sent u a pm already. There are certain things I need to discuss with you. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by sammymexi(m): 10:26pm On Jul 28, 2016
okk...I have seen ur pm I replied u .....guess we can talk beta on our inbox? .

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.