Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Dialectics Of Violence And Morality - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dialectics Of Violence And Morality (32328 Views)

Atheists And Morality. A Question! / Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality / Dialectics Or How To Debate (very Important For Both Theists And Non-theist) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:50pm On Apr 27, 2016
AgentOfAllah:

Ever heard of compartmentalism? Aye, one can be a computer genius, or a guru in the subject of logic, and that still wouldn't preclude one from discarding logic when it is, for one reason or other, expedient to do so.

As an example, I am staunchly anti-nationalist, and I believe all borders must be abolished. Nevertheless, I still support Nigeria during international sporting events. My support for Nigeria is, of course, inconsistent with my views on nationalism, so I compartmentalise by conveniently ignoring my anti-national stance, especially when the National team wins, for the kick of exceptionalism which I enjoy for a few minutes! National exceptionalism feels damn good when you're with the winning team, even when it is a demonstrably illogical position!

So, your very religious professors can all be computer science genii, and that still wouldn't mean their religiosity is consistent with logic. If as you claim, belief in god is logical, then such a claim must be scrutinised on its own merit, not by appeal to authority (of your professors), which is a well-studied logical fallacy!

Now, if you paid attention in your Logic classes, you will know that definition of terms must necessary precede their feature in any logical statement. So, if you don't mind, kindly define what you mean by 'god' since, as we all know, the definition is not at all, axiomatic!

Wait a minute , are you insinuating that is illogical to believe that a conscious eternal creator exists and it is logical for the lack of belief ? undecided Elucidate , no circumlocution .
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by PastorAIO: 4:20pm On Apr 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Wait a minute , are you insinuating that is illogical to believe that a conscious eternal creator exists and it is logical for the lack of belief ? undecided Elucidate , no circumlocution .

He didn't insinuate anything. He just asked you a question. Can you stop your circumlocution and address what he's asked of you?
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:46pm On Apr 27, 2016
PastorAIO:

He didn't insinuate anything. He just asked you a question. Can you stop your circumlocution and address what he's asked of you?

PastorAIO , I try to eschew repeating myself all over again - the whole thing is getting really vapid . Anyway Josh and I discussed in details who God really is on Anony's thread . Here are quotes and a link , you can ask me questions appurtenant to the quotes and link

Joshthefirst:
Here's my take bro:

Genesis 1 : 1

In the Beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

First, the bible tells us who was present at the beginning; the beginning being the origin of all things, of creation itself. God was at beginning. God, is not nothing. God has always existed, He is the I AM, so there has never actually been nothing.

Genesis also says God created the heaven, and the earth. I believe the heaven here doesn't signify the firmament, as that is physical, and was recreated on the physical earth.
Heaven in the verse is the spiritual realm itself.

The Immaterial realm has an origin too, God is the origin of all.

God's foreknowledge is his foreknowledge

Joshthefirst:
Never said God was in infinity. I said God himself is infinity and eternity, and everything is contained in him.

https://www.nairaland.com/2973792/atheism-dead-logic-god-everything

cc : AgentofAllah
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 5:08pm On Apr 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

PastorAIO , I try to eschew repeating myself all over again - the whole thing is getting really vapid . Anyway Josh and I discussed in details who God really is on Anony's thread . Here are quotes and a link , you can ask me questions appurtenant to the quotes and link

Eschew ke? Appur-what? WHY are you doing this? WHY?
Bombast is very different from the real thing which is generally easy on the eyes and viscera
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by PastorAIO: 5:08pm On Apr 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

One cannot be aware of every thread on nairaland. I have some questions on your notion of god though. I'm not sure if this thread is the right place, but shaaa…

I recall you saying God lives in eternity. But here you have put in firmly in Time. You have him in the beginning. How do you square that circle?

When you say God IS infinity, are you referring to the mathematical term infinity? I ask because there are many infinities and some infinities are more than other infinities.
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 5:12pm On Apr 27, 2016
PastorAIO:

One cannot be aware of every thread on nairaland. I have some questions on your notion of god though. I'm not sure if this thread is the right place, but shaaa…

I recall you saying God lives in eternity. But here you have put in firmly in Time. You have him in the beginning. How do you square that circle?

When you say God IS infinity, are you referring to the mathematical term infinity? I ask because there are many infinities and some infinities are more than other infinities.
How many infinities?
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:17pm On Apr 27, 2016
omonnakoda:
Eschew ke? Appur-what? WHY are you doing this? WHY?
Bombast is very different from the real thing which is generally easy on the eyes and viscera

Brother , Im not sure why you are concerned with my use of words . I know so many words and synonyms , so what exactly is the problem .

Eschew - avoid
appurtenant - pertinent or relevant , in the context used here though
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by PastorAIO: 5:21pm On Apr 27, 2016
omonnakoda:
How many infinities?

An infinity number, to be precise.
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:25pm On Apr 27, 2016
PastorAIO:

No p . Anyway ,

God is eternal - have always been , never had a beginning , neither would he have an end .

Infinity - boundless . No end

In the beginning - the creation of time . Time is a constituent of our material universe . God is not of our material universe .

God transcends Time . God sees all of eternity’s past and eternity’s future. The time that passes on earth is of no consequence from God’s timeless perspective. A second is no different from an eon; a billion years pass like seconds to the eternal God.

So in relation to our observation of time , God transcends it since he is eternal .
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 5:26pm On Apr 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Brother , Im not sure why you are concerned with my use of words . I know so many words and synonyms , so what exactly is the problem .

Eschew - avoid
appurtenant - pertinent or relevant , in the context used here though
There is something Obhiagboid about the way you use your words when clearly your grasp of the basics is weak.It seems you are trying too hard...........
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
omonnakoda:
There is something Obhiagboid about the way you use your words when clearly your grasp of the basics is weak.It seems you are trying too hard...........

Grasp of what basics ? Trying too hard ?

Anyway your nairaland account , your opinion smiley .

My choice of words , not yours cool
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:34pm On Apr 27, 2016
Oh ... omonnakoda . Im a sesquipedalianist . So that's why
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by PastorAIO: 5:35pm On Apr 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

No p . Anyway ,

God is eternal - have always been , never had a beginning , neither would he have an end .

Infinity - boundless . No end

In the beginning - the creation of time . Time is a constituent of our material universe . God is not of our material universe .

God transcends Time . God sees all of eternity’s past and eternity’s future. The time that passes on earth is of no consequence from God’s timeless perspective. A second is no different from an eon; a billion years pass like seconds to the eternal God.

So in relation to our observation of time , God transcends it since he is eternal .

Good lawd!! You actually don't know the meaning of eternity!! shocked shocked

How can eternity have a past and a future? Past, future, present, beginning, ending.. these are all words referring to Time.

Perhaps you mean to say sempiternity. But even then if a billion years just passes like seconds that could mean he's so daft he cannot tell the time. That doesn't mean that he is timeless. Timeless wouldn't even feel seconds either. Timelessness has it's own quality totally separate from the feeling of the passage of time.
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by PastorAIO: 5:36pm On Apr 27, 2016
omonnakoda:

grin grin

Allow the guy jor. Is he the only nigerian like that? Although it is obvious that he thinks that it makes him sound intelligent.
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 5:39pm On Apr 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Grasp of what basics ? Trying too hard ?

Anyway your nairaland account , your opinion smiley .

My choice of words , not yours cool
Basics of English grammar and syntax! I called you out on this only yesterday but you continue to inundate us with an endless barrage of solecisms without contrition and then you try to cover up the core problem with all this bombast. Please keep it simple............ Simplicity is the hallmark of true mastery of language

1 Like

Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:42pm On Apr 27, 2016
PastorAIO:

Good lawd!! You actually don't know the meaning of eternity!! shocked shocked

How can eternity have a past and a future? Past, future, present, beginning, ending.. these are all words referring to Time.

Perhaps you mean to say sempiternity. But even then if a billion years just passes like seconds that could mean he's so daft he cannot tell the time. That doesn't mean that he is timeless. Timeless wouldn't even feel seconds either. Timelessness has it's own quality totally separate from the feeling of the passage of time.

"From God's timeless perspective "

Smh . I'm simply explaining how God sees things . So you wouldn't be asking unnecessary questions as usual . If you would resort to mockery as your response to what you fail to understand then let me be . I dont have that time now . Thanks
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 5:43pm On Apr 27, 2016
PastorAIO:

grin grin

Allow the guy jor. Is he the only nigerian like that? Although it is obvious that he thinks that it makes him sound intelligent.
Well it really grates,it is too annoying too laboured and too "too".
It is quite likely he believes he is an accomplished user of language. Someone has to tell him the truth
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 5:45pm On Apr 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Smh . I'm simply explaining how God sees things . So you wouldn't be asking unnecessary questions as usual . If you would resort to mockery as your response to what you fail to understand then let me be . I dont have that time now . Thanks
How God sees things.......Hmm
Is this information available on God's Blog?

1 Like

Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:47pm On Apr 27, 2016
omonnakoda:
Basics of English grammar and syntax! I called you out on this only yesterday but you continue to inundate us with an endless barrage of solecisms without contrition and then you try to cover up the core problem with all this bombast. Please keep it simple............ Simplicity is the hallmark of true mastery of language

Solecisms ? Because you made just one correction ? Are you Kevin Hart ?

Its getting creepy . Can you stop being unnecessarily punctilious and let me be angry
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 5:48pm On Apr 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Oh ... omonnakoda . Im a sesquipedalianist . So that's why
That is very droll indeed but still you might wish to spend some money purchasing "Brighter Grammar"
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:49pm On Apr 27, 2016
omonnakoda:

God's blog ? You mean the bible ?
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:52pm On Apr 27, 2016
PastorAIO:

grin grin

Your nairaland account , your opinion wink .
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 5:52pm On Apr 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Solecisms ? Because you made just one correction ? Are you Kevin Hart ?

Its getting creepy . Can you stop being unnecessarily punctilious and let me be angry
Unfortunately there is no ignore button and so you continue to inflict and afflict us with your bizarre blather
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 5:55pm On Apr 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

God's blog ? You mean the bible ?
I don't mean anything just asked a question. By the way who wrote the Bible?
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:58pm On Apr 27, 2016
omonnakoda:
That is very droll indeed but still you might wish to spend some money purchasing "Brighter Grammar"

Try to keep up if you are lagging behind . Improving one's vocabulary , knowing when a particular word suites a context - PastorAIO just told an ignorant joke .
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 6:02pm On Apr 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Try to keep up if you are lagging behind . Improving one's vocabulary , knowing when a particular word suites a context - PastorAIO just told an ignorant joke .
Yes but is it not wise to start with the basics first.You know, like understand when "suits" suits and not "suites". Simplicity is the secret. One can always tell when a generator is working too hard..........
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by PastorAIO: 6:03pm On Apr 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You are telling me that from God's timeless perspective he can look into the eternal future and the eternal past.

omonnakoda:

He doesn't need to read any blog. God told him personally when he was talking to himself. As you talk more and more to him you'll slowly start to realise that this god he is talking about is actually himself.
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:03pm On Apr 27, 2016
omonnakoda:
Unfortunately there is no ignore button and so you continue to inflict and afflict us with your bizarre blather

The "ignore button" - dont reply a post , its that simple . Ugh ! Mister , are you trying to impress me Why are you trying too hard ? I'm very good with the use of words no doubt but you dont have to show me that you can measure up , I really dont care.

smiley
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by PastorAIO: 6:04pm On Apr 27, 2016
omonnakoda:

Now that would be one hell of a useful feature on NL.
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 6:05pm On Apr 27, 2016
PastorAIO:

You are telling me that from God's timeless perspective he can look into the eternal future and the eternal past.

He doesn't need to read any blog. God told him personally when he was talking to himself. As you talk more and more to him you'll slowly start to realise that this god he is talking about is actually himself.
LWTMB grin grin grin
That would explain his weighty PRONOUNCEMENTS
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:10pm On Apr 27, 2016
PastorAIO:

Why are you repeating what I just said .

At least someone noticed my signature smiley
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 6:11pm On Apr 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The "ignore button" - dont reply a post , its that simple . Ugh ! Mister , are you trying to impress me Why are you trying too hard ? I'm very good with the use of words no doubt but you dont have to show me that you can measure up , I really dont care.

smiley
Lol you are almost funny,vocabulary generally correlates with IQ and when you use words that show an obvious misalignment between the two it is evident to all. Your syntax gives you away. (Remember "BRIGHTER GRAMMAR"wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Widow Gets Lincoln Navigator From Omega Power Ministries In Port Harcourt / Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel Returns To Church With Eye Patch After Knife Attack / 10yearschallenge ; Sharon Oyakilome Shares Throwback Photo, Throws Shade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.