Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Dialectics Of Violence And Morality - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dialectics Of Violence And Morality (32323 Views)

Atheists And Morality. A Question! / Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality / Dialectics Or How To Debate (very Important For Both Theists And Non-theist) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by PastorAIO: 6:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Your nairaland account , your opinion wink .

You haven't answered my two questions:

I recall you saying God lives in eternity. But here you have put in firmly in Time. You have him in the beginning. How do you square that circle?

When you say God IS infinity, are you referring to the mathematical term infinity? I ask because there are many infinities and some infinities are more than other infinities.

How do you put God in the beginning and yet say he is timeless?

Are you talking about the mathematical term when you say infinity? It's a simple yes or no question. boundless is just a synonym for infinity.

1 Like

Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 6:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The "ignore button" - dont reply a post , its that simple . Ugh ! Mister , are you trying to impress me Why are you trying too hard ? I'm very good with the use of words no doubt but you dont have to show me that you can measure up , I really dont care.

smiley
OK so who wrote the Bible?
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
PastorAIO:

Now that would be one hell of a useful feature on NL.

Oh dear . Any button that navigates away from this page is an "ignore button " . Daft humans , really daft .
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by HomoSapiien: 6:16pm On Apr 27, 2016

I recall you saying God lives in eternity. But here you have put in firmly in Time. You have him in the beginning. How do you square that circle?

When you say God IS infinity, are you referring to the mathematical term infinity? I ask because there are many infinities and some infinities are more than other infinities.

Are you talking about the mathematical term when you say infinity? It's a simple yes or no question. boundless is just a synonym for infinity.

shocked
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:20pm On Apr 27, 2016
omonnakoda:
Lol you are almost funny,vocabulary generally correlates with IQ and when you use words that show an obvious misalignment between the two it is evident to all. Your syntax gives you away. (Remember "BRIGHTER GRAMMAR"wink

because omonnakoda pointed out the wrong of use "its" and "suites" . Dont let me go through your posts on Nairaland , we all would be having a laugh . grin
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by PastorAIO: 6:21pm On Apr 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh dear . Any button that navigates away from this page is an "ignore button " . Daft humans , really daft .

No it's not. With an ignore button we won't even see your nonsense in the first place. We'll be able to read a thread without even being aware that you're involved. It's a common feature on many forums.

But I suppose those forums were created by 'daft humans' not the almighty Lord like you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:30pm On Apr 27, 2016
PastorAIO:

I answered your question , you misunderstood my response and then ridiculed your own misconception . And now threw the same question back at me .

Its like you are waiting for me to say something wrong , I didnt then out of the frustration you asked the questions again waiting to pounce and make fun of me ....

Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 6:30pm On Apr 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

because omonnakoda pointed out the wrong of use "its" and "suites" . Dont let me go through your posts on Nairaland , we all would be having a laugh . grin
Those are actually forgivable. It is when you say things like
KingEbukasBlog:

I am computer science student , I deal with Logic and Reason EVERYDAY , you guys just purport yourselves as one - its pathetic
that I feel it is time to call DSS. Another example of trying too hard] Explain PURPORT YOURSELVES AS ONE? Now you would not have tied yourself into that self-inflicted knot if you had avoided the word: "Purport" . It is completely incongruous and strange . It is things like that that give you away,see? Keep it simple.........
"Don't let me" etc might seem like an appropriate translation from your native tongue but it just does not work in English. These are the subtleties you cannot mask
Now who wrote the bible?

1 Like

Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:34pm On Apr 27, 2016
omonnakoda:
Those are actually forgivable. It is when you say things like that I feel it is time to call DSS. Another example of trying too hard] Explain PURPORT YOURSELVES AS ONE? Now you would not have tied yourself into that self-inflicted knot if you had avoided the word: "Purport" . It is completely incongruous and strange . It is things like that that give you away,see? Keep it simple.........

I explained how I used the word 'purport' . I 'operate with logic and reason' , the atheist purports himself as one who does too . This means that Im the real deal while the atheist is a fake . I mean we all know that .

Now who wrote the bible?

Who do you think wrote the bible ?
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 6:37pm On Apr 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I explained how I used the word 'purport' . I 'operate with logic and reason' , the atheist purports himself as one who does too . This means that Im the real deal while the atheist is a fake . I mean we all know that .

Who do you think wrote the bible ?
You "explained" and that legitimizes your crimes grin grin
purport himself as one?? That is a war crime!!
Anyway let us leave that .

I have no idea who wrote the Bible do you ?
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by PastorAIO: 6:38pm On Apr 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I answered your question , you misunderstood my response and then ridiculed your own misconception . And now threw the same question back at me .

Its like you are waiting for me to say something wrong , I didnt then out of the frustration you asked the questions again waiting to pounce and make fun of me ....

No you didn't. But I can't force you. I don't want to go back and forth on this.

It's obvious that you just toss words about without any understanding of what the words mean.
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:40pm On Apr 27, 2016
omonnakoda:

"Don't let me" etc might seem like an appropriate translation from your native tongue but it just does not work in English. These are the subtleties you cannot mask

Are you using your proficiency in English language to make up for your deficiency in reasoning ? That's a good move though .

PastorAIO : One cannot be aware of every thread on nairaland. I have some questions on your notion of god though. I'm not sure if this thread is the right place, but shaaa…

Why are you not all over this fellow after he used the emboldened text . undecided
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by PastorAIO: 6:42pm On Apr 27, 2016
omonnakoda:
You "explained" and that legitimizes your crimes grin grin
purport himself as one?? That is a war crime!!
Anyway let us leave that .

I have no idea who wrote the Bible do you ?

I know, I know. The bible was written by various people over many centuries, chopped and changed and redacted numerous times to make it fit with various ideologies that have come and gone over the years.
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 6:42pm On Apr 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Are you using your proficiency in English language to make up for your deficiency in reasoning ? That's a good move though .

PastorAIO : One cannot be aware of every thread on nairaland. I have some questions on your notion of god though. I'm not sure if this thread is the right place, but shaaa…

Why are you not all over this fellow after he used the emboldened text . undecided
My issue with you is your inauthenticity which is all too obvious. Please restrict yourself to simple words and spare us the verbigeration
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:43pm On Apr 27, 2016
PastorAIO:

No you didn't. But I can't force you. I don't want to go back and forth on this.

It's obvious that you just toss words about without any understanding of what the words mean.

No . You simply didnt understand what I wrote . Instead ask me to clarify my statements . You accused Josh of the same thing on Anony's thread. You are so full of yourself . When you dont understand something you accuse someone of not understanding his own words .

You are a big joke this guy grin .
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 6:45pm On Apr 27, 2016
PastorAIO:

I know, I know. The bible was written by various people over many centuries, chopped and changed and redacted numerous times to make it fit with various ideologies that have come and gone over the years.
You referred to it at some point, of what use is the Bible as a source of factual information and what are its shortcomings if any?
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:50pm On Apr 27, 2016
omonnakoda:
My issue with you is your inauthenticity which is all too obvious. Please restrict yourself to simple words and spare us the verbigeration

I have issues with your inauthenticity too . Why do you have to try too hard to make a point ? You dont have to make your deficiency in reasoning that obvious . I mean ... smh .

If you dont know the meaning of a word , simply check the dictionary . Dont force someone to come down to your level . what's wrong with these people ?

You can go through my posts bro , my topics . I dont try too hard like you do , I just let it flow .
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by PastorAIO: 6:54pm On Apr 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

No . You simply didnt understand what I wrote . Instead ask me to clarify my statements . You accused Josh of the same thing on Anony's thread. You are so full of yourself . When you dont understand something you accuse someone of not understanding his own words .

You are a big joke this guy grin .

Ques: When you say infinity are you using it in the mathematical sense? Yes or no?

God: Infinity is boundless.

Ques: Infinity and boundless are synonyms. I asked if you meant it in the mathematical sense. Yes or no.

God: I've already answered you. You just don't understand. I am the true and approved God of the beginning of this universe. I extend from the past of eternity to the future of eternity.
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by PastorAIO: 6:55pm On Apr 27, 2016
omonnakoda:
You referred to it at some point, of what use is the Bible as a source of factual information and what are its shortcomings if any?

This would take us too far off the topic of this thread.
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 6:56pm On Apr 27, 2016
PastorAIO:

This would take us too far off the topic of this thread.

I thought that happened a long time or should I say an eternity ago
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:01pm On Apr 27, 2016
PastorAIO:

Ques: When you say infinity are you using it in the mathematical sense? Yes or no?

God: Infinity is boundless.

Ques: Infinity and boundless are synonyms. I asked if you meant it in the mathematical sense. Yes or no.

God: I've already answered you. You just don't understand. I am the true and approved God of the beginning of this universe. I extend from the past of eternity to the future of eternity.

God being infinite means He exists outside of and is not limited by time or space . Outside the bounds of space and time - boundless .

Wow !
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 7:09pm On Apr 27, 2016
PastorAIO:

You're so utterly stewpid. OMG!! Infinity means 'exists outside of and not limited by time or space'?
You're an idiott. Finito. (or maybe infinito)
Not sure I agree ,this seems rather disproportionate he could call you everything you call him ,not sure why or how your position is stronger.........
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by PastorAIO: 7:14pm On Apr 27, 2016
omonnakoda:
Not sure I agree ,this seems rather disproportionate he could call you everything you call him ,not sure why or how your position is stronger.........

OMG, that's not me. I'm repeating what he said. That's not my position, that is his.
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:16pm On Apr 27, 2016
omonnakoda:

He has an arrogant mind . When they say the universe is infinite it means that space goes on forever and never ends but this is not so - the universe is finite , the space has an end . God being outside it translates to being infinite . How am I wrong ?
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by PastorAIO: 7:18pm On Apr 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

He has an arrogant mind . When they say the universe is infinite it means that space goes on forever and never ends but this is not so - the universe is finite , the space has an end . God being outside it translates to being infinite . How am I wrong ?

You are right. Na you know pass.
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 7:19pm On Apr 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Calling him names does not help.Anyway how do we know that space has an end? Is that knowable?
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:22pm On Apr 27, 2016
PastorAIO:

You are right. Na you know pass.

Smh . So can you explain why you called me an iiidiot . Cos I need to know why . Show me that I'm wrong undecided . Not pontificating when you know so little
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:28pm On Apr 27, 2016
omonnakoda:
Calling him names does not help.Anyway how do we know that space has an end? Is that knowable?

The universe is expanding so rapidly no doubt but that does not preclude space having an end . This is the problem I had with a white atheist , he inspired me to write my thoughts about 'God and Everything' tho . He was obdurate that the universe was indeed infinite because it has been expanding so rapidly for 14.4 billion years . He felt it would go on forever .

It can go both ways - finite or infinite universe . If you are on either side dont vituperate the other person because we can't say for sure . But still , it does not preclude God's existence .
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 7:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The universe is expanding so rapidly no doubt but that does not preclude space having an end . This is the problem I had with a white atheist , he inspired me to write my thoughts about 'God and Everything' . He was obdurate that the universe was indeed infinite because it has been expanding so rapidly for 14.4 billion years . He felt it would go on forever .

It can go both ways - finite and infinite universe . If you are on either side dont vituperate the other person because we can't say for sure . But still , it does not preclude God's existence .
My position is I don't know ,how do you know there is an end? It is impossible to prove God does not exist
ever hear the saying
ei incumbit probatio qui dicit non qui negat

It is for those who claim there is a god to prove it
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by PastorAIO: 7:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
omonnakoda:

Don't you know that if you go far enough in any direction you'll come up to a wall and there is nothing beyond that wall?
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 7:33pm On Apr 27, 2016
PastorAIO:

Don't you know that if you go far enough in any direction you'll come up to a wall and there is nothing beyond that wall?
No I have never gone that far,have you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Mike And Gloria Bamiloye Pictured With Their Children / Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel Returns To Church With Eye Patch After Knife Attack / Widow Gets Lincoln Navigator From Omega Power Ministries In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.