Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Dialectics Of Violence And Morality - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dialectics Of Violence And Morality (32310 Views)

Atheists And Morality. A Question! / Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality / Dialectics Or How To Debate (very Important For Both Theists And Non-theist) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:30am On Apr 28, 2016
AgentOfAllah:
Finally, a definition! Now, let's examine its logical merits.

I don't know what "supreme conscious(ness)" means, but I know what a creator is, and it can be shown that all things aren't created by one single entity. Take my headphones for example, they are manufactured by Parrot. It can be said that the guys at Parrot are their creators. My shoes were created by Clarks, my computer; by Microsoft, the rocks outside; by volcanoes, water and air flux, my wristwatch; by Citizen. If I wish to be super meticulous, for added measure, I can disintegrate my wristwatch into its respective components, and you will readily find that even a single timepiece requires several creators. All these forementioned creators demonstrably have very little in common, and are probably located at distinct but finite points on the space-time continuum. As such, the only logical conclusion is that there are several creators in existence; some conscious, others not so much, but none of them is eternal as far as human knowledge goes.

In conclusion your definition only served to reaffirm my previous verdict that there is no logical basis for the belief in god.

Not yet! When you succumb[b] to the humbling but honourable path of intellectual honesty, and finally admit that you were wrong to suggest that belief in god (as per your definition) is logical,[/b] I will be happy.

Why disturb me when you have already conceived in your mind that God's existence is illogical . So gentleman , from my definition , you picked just 'creator ' and then came to this conclusion .

"admit that you were wrong to suggest that belief in god (as per your definition) is logical"

Wawu . So who created the creators of your wrist watch or your headphones?
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by Logicbwoy: 12:34pm On Apr 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Can you mention these "better argument" brought forward by any of the three ? I can see you really do want to embarrass yourself again . Drop the logic in your username , its completely at variance with the way you reason . I'm like the 100th person telling you this lipsrsealed

Okay, rather than starting to quote other older discussions as evidence, let me try to demonstrate it with you.

Let us continue the argument about the bible not being reliable evidence for God, shall we?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:38pm On Apr 28, 2016
Logicbwoy:

Okay, rather than starting to quote other older discussions as evidence, let me try to demonstrate it with you.

Let us continue the argument about the bible not being reliable evidence for God, shall we?

The argument is how can we obtain a suitable definition for God . I insisted that the bible has to be the right source for God's description . So you saying the bible is not the best source ?
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by johnydon22(m): 12:40pm On Apr 28, 2016
I am tempted join this but it is already hot enough as it is grin grin

well **seats on a chair with Hero (O mpa) watching**

continue cool **sips my o mpa**

PastorAIO Mmmhm absolutely brilliant here, AgentOfAllah what can i say .. well keep it up guys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:43pm On Apr 28, 2016
AgentOfAllah:

I don't know what "supreme conscious(ness)" means

Supreme Conscious Creator = God is the Supreme Creator , God is conscious
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 12:44pm On Apr 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The argument is how can we obtain a suitable definition for God . I insisted that the bible has to be the right source for God's description . So you saying the bible is not the best source ?
Why the Bible ? Why not Ifa or the Quran. Why is the Bible right?

More importantly is the assumption that there is such a thing as God implicit in your declaration. What is the basis for this claim?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by Logicbwoy: 12:46pm On Apr 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The bible can not be the right source for God's description for the following reasons

1) The bible was not written by God himself. The bible itself has its human authors.
2) The bible was written by ignorant desert dwellers
3) The contains so much fallacies, falsehoods and illogical arguments such that it can not be trusted on its own.

I can expand on number 3, if you like.

As for the definition of God, it is an impossible task. Even within christianity, there are various definitions of God. You'd have to pick one of out many to move forward. There are hindu gods, pagan gods and so many other gods outside christianity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:46pm On Apr 28, 2016
omonnakoda:
Why the Bible ? Why not Ifa or the Quran. Why is the Bible right?

More importantly is the assumption that there is such a thing as God implicit in your declaration. What is the basis for this claim?

The description of the Christian God should come from the Ifa or the Koran ?

Wawu , pls dont stop smiley
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:48pm On Apr 28, 2016
Logicbwoy:

The bible can not be the right source for God's description for the following reasons

1) The bible was not written by God himself. The bible itself has its human authors.
3) The contains so much fallacies, falsehoods and illogical arguments such that it can not be trusted on its own.

As for the definition of God, it is an impossible task. Even within christianity, there are various definitions of God. You'd have to pick one of out many to move forward. There are hindu gods, pagan gods and so many other gods outside christianity.

God inspired men to write the bible . So if we should talk of God , it should come from the bible . Please can stop you mentioning other religions cos if you start this old lame trick I'll simply ignore .
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:50pm On Apr 28, 2016
Logicbwoy:

Don't you think the bible should also be best fit for describing other gods outside Christianity ? What do you think ?
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by Logicbwoy: 12:54pm On Apr 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

God inspired men to write the bible . So if we should talk of God , it should come from the bible . Please can stop you mentioning other religions cos if you start this old lame trick I'll simply ignore .

God also inspired me to tell you that it is a lie that HE inspired men to write the bible.

^^^
Of course, my above statement is a lie. But, the same could be said for your claim that God inspired men to write the bible because there exists no way you can prove that God gave man the inspiration to write it.

Also, I maintain that the Christian God is a self refuting paradox and the bible is an erroneous piece of fiction. I can readily prove this if you want

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:55pm On Apr 28, 2016
Logicbwoy:

The bible , illogical arguments ?

As in Arguments

Anyway , We Christians dont see any aorta of fallacy or falsehood in the bible .

1 Like

Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by Logicbwoy: 12:56pm On Apr 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Don't you think the bible should also be best fit for describing other gods outside Christianity ? What do you think ?

Many other gods and religions existed before the christian God and the bible.

By that alone, the christian God is not the alpha and omega.......and the bible is not the best book to describe a god.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by Logicbwoy: 12:57pm On Apr 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The bible , illogical arguments ?

As in Arguments

Anyway , We Christians dont see any aorta of fallacy or falsehood in the bible .

Let me give you an example.

The bible said that God does not change. But we can see that God changed because he has different behaviours in the new and old testaments.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:59pm On Apr 28, 2016
Logicbwoy:

God also inspired me to tell you that it is a lie that HE inspired men to write the bible.

^^^
Of course, my above statement is a lie. But, the same could be said for your claim that God inspired men to write the bible because there exists no way you can prove that God gave man the inspiration to write it.

The Holy Spirit . The Holy Spirit . The Holy Spirit . The teacher of all things would have revealed that the bible is filled with falsehoods and lies to the Christians . Instead , he explains , reveals the interpretations of any biblical texts .

Prophecies too . As concerning Israel , the rise of Atheism , false prophecies and doctrines in the last days . We are seeing these materialize in our very eyes
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 1:00pm On Apr 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The description of the Christian God should come from the Ifa or the Koran ?

Wawu , pls dont stop smiley
Did you say Christian God? That was not what you said in the post I quoted ,please refer.
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:00pm On Apr 28, 2016
Logicbwoy:

Many other gods and religions existed before the christian God and the bible.

By that alone, the christian God is not the alpha and omega.......and the bible is not the best book to describe a god.

A blatant non sequitur . Answer my question . Dont you think the bible is best fit to describe other gods outside Christianity like the hindu gods or Arabian gods ?
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:02pm On Apr 28, 2016
omonnakoda:
Did you say Christian God? That was not what you said in the post I quoted ,please refer.

So who else was I referring to ?
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by Logicbwoy: 1:03pm On Apr 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

A blatant non sequitur . Answer my question . Dont you think the bible is best fit to describe other gods outside Christianity like the hindu gods or Arabian gods ?

You have started again- feigning ignorance.

Hindu gods existed before christianity and judaism. Hinduism is one of the oldest religions in the world, if not the oldest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 1:05pm On Apr 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This claim that God inspired men to write the bible. Can you please state te origin of the claim.Please kindly note the specific nature of my question and respond with a specific answer too. e.g did any of the men that were inspired make such a claim. How, where and when?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 1:07pm On Apr 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

So who else was I referring to ?
Please try and talk like an adult. How am I supposed to know what you mean if you do not communicate? I thought you claim to be a logic expert?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:07pm On Apr 28, 2016
Logicbwoy:

You have started again- feigning ignorance.

Hindu gods existed before christianity and judaism. Hinduism is one of the oldest religions in the world, if not the oldest.

This guy ! I asked you a question . Dont you think the bible is best fit for the description of other gods outside Christianity like the hindu gods ?

Or has it now dawned on you that you have been making dumb arguments all these while ? wink
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:09pm On Apr 28, 2016
omonnakoda:
Please try and talk like an adult. How am I supposed to know what you mean if you do not communicate? I thought you claim to be a logic expert?

You are discussing with a Christian and you asked him to define God , who else do you think the description from the bible was for ? The hindu gods

Of course , I am describing the Christian God smiley
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 1:10pm On Apr 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You are discussing with a Christian and you asked him to define God , who else do you think the description from the bible was for ? The hindu gods

Off course , I am describing the Christian God .
And how do I know you are a Christian?
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by Logicbwoy: 1:12pm On Apr 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The Holy Spirit . The Holy Spirit . The Holy Spirit . The teacher of all things would have revealed that the bible is filled with falsehoods and lies to the Christians . Instead , he explains , reveals the interpretations of any biblical texts .

Prophecies too . As concerning Israel , the rise of Atheism , false prophecies and doctrines in the last days . We are seeing these materialize in our very eyes

Have you seen the holy spirit? Has it talked to you? What does it sound like?

You make claims without logic or evidence.

What prophecies? The bible claims that there would be false prophets in the end times. There have always been false prophets since the beginning of time. Even Moses and Jesus could be false prophets themselves....ironic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:13pm On Apr 28, 2016
omonnakoda:
And how do I know you are a Christian?

What religion do you think I practice ? Or whose teachings do you think I adhere to ?

I need your responses bro . That's how I interact with people .
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:17pm On Apr 28, 2016
Have you seen the holy spirit? Has it talked to you? What does it sound like?

I get what I want when I ask every time .

What prophecies? The bible claims that there would be false prophets in the end times. There have always been false prophets since the beginning of time. Even Moses and Jesus could be false prophets themselves....ironic.

KingEbuka :
Logicbwoy:

You make claims without logic or evidence.
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 1:18pm On Apr 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

What religion do you think I practice ? Or whose teachings do you think I adhere to ?

I need your responses bro . That's how I interact with people .
You display bizarre egocentrism that is really astounding. You tell me what car do you think I drive and is it a petrol or diesel engine?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by Logicbwoy: 1:18pm On Apr 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

This guy ! I asked you a question . Dont you think the bible is best fit for the description of other gods outside Christianity like the hindu gods ?

Or has it now dawned on you that you have been making dumb arguments all these while ? wink

The bible has a singular concept of god. A single powerful God that controls all spiritual and physical.

Hinduism is far more mature that allows for a plurality of gods. Hinduism can be monotheistic and also polytheistic.

For something so complex, a singular definition of god can not be enough. Trinitarian christians even recognize this- they see God as three in one- the Father, the Son and the holy spirit.

For this reason, the bible is lacking and it is not the best fit for description of gods, especially not the hindu ones which existed before the bible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
omonnakoda:
You display bizarre egocentrism that is really astounding. You tell me what car do you think I drive and is it a petrol or diesel engine?

Ok bro .
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by Logicbwoy: 1:20pm On Apr 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I get what I want when I ask every time .

KingEbuka :

grin grin grin

Thanks for proving me right with your silly comment. You are an artful dodger.

I will eat my hat when you concede that you lost an argument

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:25pm On Apr 28, 2016
Logicbwoy:

grin grin grin

Thanks for proving me right with your silly comment. You are an artful dodger.

I will eat my hat when you concede that you lost an argument

You accused me of making a claim with a claim . grin grin grin
It does not work that way bro cool tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Lady Narrates Her Scary Experience With An Invisible Man In Lagos / Pastor Digs Out Charm During Family Liberation In Imo State (photos) / Mike And Gloria Bamiloye Pictured With Their Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.