Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,500 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Dialectics Of Violence And Morality - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dialectics Of Violence And Morality (32363 Views)

Atheists And Morality. A Question! / Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality / Dialectics Or How To Debate (very Important For Both Theists And Non-theist) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:30pm On Apr 28, 2016
Logicbwoy:

The bible has a singular concept of god. A single powerful God that controls all spiritual and physical.

Hinduism is far more mature that allows for a plurality of gods. Hinduism can be monotheistic and also polytheistic.

For something so complex, a singular definition of god can not be enough. Trinitarian christians even recognize this- they see God as three in one- the Father, the Son and the holy spirit.

Mythology vs Reality . Atheist picks Mythology .

For this reason, the bible is lacking and it is not the best fit for description of gods, especially not the hindu ones which existed before the bible.

Christianity started after the death of Christ . The bible did not say the earth is 6,000 yrs old . I'm not sure why your little brain made you feel that you were making any sense because Hinduism did precede Christianity .
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:39pm On Apr 28, 2016
Logicbwoy:

Let me give you an example.

The bible said that God does not change. But we can see that God changed because he has different behaviours in the new and old testaments.

A popular question from the atheist . This has been addressed numerous times

At the very heart of this question lies a fundamental misunderstanding of what both the Old and New Testaments reveal about the nature of God. Another way of expressing this same basic thought is when people say, “The God of the Old Testament is a God of wrath while the God of the New Testament is a God of love.” The fact that the Bible is God’s progressive revelation of Himself to us through historical events and through His relationship with people throughout history might contribute to misconceptions about what God is like in the Old Testament as compared to the New Testament. However, when one reads both the Old and the New Testaments, it becomes evident that God is not different from one testament to another and that God’s wrath and His love are revealed in both testaments.

For example, throughout the Old Testament, God is declared to be a “compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness,” (Exodus 34:6; Numbers 14:18; Deuteronomy 4:31; Nehemiah 9:17; Psalm 86:5, 15; 108:4; 145:8; Joel 2:13). Yet in the New Testament, God’s loving-kindness and mercy are manifested even more fully through the fact that “God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16). Throughout the Old Testament, we also see God dealing with Israel the same way a loving father deals with a child. When they willfully sinned against Him and began to worship idols, God would punish them. Yet, each time He would deliver them once they had repented of their idolatry. This is much the same way God deals with Christians in the New Testament. For example, Hebrews 12:6 tells us that “the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son.”

In a similar way, throughout the Old Testament we see God’s judgment and wrath poured out on sin. Likewise, in the New Testament we see that the wrath of God is still “being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness” (Romans 1:18). So, clearly, God is no different in the Old Testament than He is in the New Testament. God by His very nature is immutable (unchanging). While we might see one aspect of His nature revealed in certain passages of Scripture more than other aspects, God Himself does not change.

As we read and study the Bible, it becomes clear that God is the same in the Old and New Testaments. Even though the Bible is 66 individual books written on two (or possibly three) continents, in three different languages, over a period of approximately 1500 years by more than 40 authors, it remains one unified book from beginning to end without contradiction. In it we see how a loving, merciful, and just God deals with sinful men in all kinds of situations. Truly, the Bible is God’s love letter to mankind. God’s love for His creation, especially for mankind, is evident all through Scripture. Throughout the Bible we see God lovingly and mercifully calling people into a special relationship with Himself, not because they deserve it, but because He is a gracious and merciful God, slow to anger and abundant in loving-kindness and truth. Yet we also see a holy and righteous God who is the Judge of all those who disobey His Word and refuse to worship Him, turning instead to worship gods of their own creation (Romans chapter 1).

Because of God’s righteous and holy character, all sin—past, present, and future—must be judged. Yet God in His infinite love has provided a payment for sin and a way of reconciliation so that sinful man can escape His wrath. We see this wonderful truth in verses like 1 John 4:10: “This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.” In the Old Testament, God provided a sacrificial system whereby atonement could be made for sin. However, this sacrificial system was only temporary and merely looked forward to the coming of Jesus Christ who would die on the cross to make a complete substitutionary atonement for sin. The Savior who was promised in the Old Testament is fully revealed in the New Testament. Only envisioned in the Old Testament, the ultimate expression of God’s love, the sending of His Son Jesus Christ, is revealed in all its glory in the New Testament. Both the Old and the New Testaments were given “to make us wise unto salvation” (2 Timothy 3:15). When we study the Testaments closely, it is evident that God “does not change like shifting shadows” (James 1:17).

http://www.gotquestions.org/God-different.html
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by Logicbwoy: 1:52pm On Apr 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

A popular question from the atheist . This has been addressed numerous times

grin grin grin

Even you do not believe that BS christian apologetics. nonsense
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by AgentOfAllah: 1:57pm On Apr 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Why disturb me when you have already conceived in your mind that God's existence is illogical . So gentleman , from my definition , you picked just 'creator ' and then came to this conclusion .
Correction: I picked "Creator of all things", which is the definition you gave. It is false to claim that my preconception influenced my conclusion, however. My conclusion solely depended on logic and your 'definition', nothing else. And this was only because you boasted that you are an expert practitioner of logical reasoning here:

KingEbukasBlog:

They falsely parade themselves as people who 'operate with logic and reason ' - purport .
I actually study it . They just make idiotic claims because they are atheists grin . My professors are all religious , more religious than the students cheesy . Its logical to believe in God and exhibit faith though.

Wawu . So who created the creators of your wrist watch or your headphones?
I believe there were multitudes of people involved in the creation of the creators, I don't know the specifics like their names or places of origin, for example, but from phenomenological evidence, I know that their creation most likely entailed copulation between a male and female human. I'll stop here if you don't mind, as I wish not to go too deep into the intricate biology of sexual reproduction.

Note though, that in order to demonstrate the illogicality of belief in the god you defined, I don't have to know all creators or what they created, I just need to show that there is no such thing as a single "creator of all things", and I have done that successfully.
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by omonnakoda: 2:11pm On Apr 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Mythology vs Reality . Atheist picks Mythology .

Christianity started after the death of Christ . The bible did not say the earth is 6,000 yrs old . I'm not sure why your little brain made you feel that you were making any sense because Hinduism did precede Christianity .

From your pseudo-intellectual posturing it is clear what your aspirations are but the reality is that you just do not have the depth or brain power,it is risible.
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by AgentOfAllah: 2:24pm On Apr 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Supreme Conscious Creator = God is the Supreme Creator , God is conscious
I cannot count how many ways you've told me god is the supreme creator of all things. Please note that repeating the same thing 1,000,000 times neither makes that thing more understandable, nor will it make it correct. I believe that is another logical fallacy known as Argumentum ad nauseam. For someone who boasts to be adept at logical reasoning, you're really failing at your game.

If you perform so woefully at the one thing you're supposedly good at, I wonder what informs your keen sense of confidence?
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by Stconvict(m): 4:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I like how you always try to manoeuvre around questions using strawman tactics.
Except that it is feeling kinda old now.
You try as much not to let atheist/agnost questions cross the threshold of your belief.
So you act as if a question was never asked by clouding it with a new question or an answer that diverges from the original question.
You said christainity started after the death of christ.
Ok, why then is the Old testament always quoted in churches?
Why is it a major reference for christain culture.
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:02pm On Apr 28, 2016
Stconvict:

I like how you always try to manoeuvre around questions using strawman tactics.
Except that it is feeling kinda old now.
You try as much not to let atheist/agnost questions cross the threshold of your belief.
So you act as if a question was never asked by clouding it with a new question or an answer that diverges from the original question.
You said christainity started after the death of christ.
Ok, why then is the Old testament always quoted in churches?
Why is it a major reference for christain culture.

The Old Testament is foundational; the New Testament builds on that foundation with further revelation from God. The Old Testament establishes principles that are seen to be illustrative of New Testament truths. The Old Testament contains many prophecies that are fulfilled in the New. The Old Testament provides the history of a people; the New Testament focus is on a Person. The Old Testament shows the wrath of God against sin (with glimpses of His grace); the New Testament shows the grace of God toward sinners (with glimpses of His wrath).
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:04pm On Apr 28, 2016
omonnakoda:

From your pseudo-intellectual posturing it is clear what your aspirations are but the reality is that you just do not have the depth or brain power,it is risible.

ok bro
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:41pm On Apr 28, 2016
AgentOfAllah:
I cannot count how many ways you've told me god is the supreme creator of all things. Please note that repeating the same thing 1,000,000 times neither makes that thing more understandable, nor will it make it correct. I believe that is another logical fallacy known as Argumentum ad nauseam. For someone who boasts to be adept at logical reasoning, you're really failing at your game.

If you perform so woefully at the one thing you're supposedly good at, I wonder what informs your keen sense of confidence?

AgentOfAllah:

I don't know what "supreme conscious(ness)" means

KingEbukasBlog:

Supreme Conscious Creator = God is the Supreme Creator , God is conscious

You really have a poor memory
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:45pm On Apr 28, 2016
Logicbwoy:

grin grin grin

Even you do not believe that BS christian apologetics. nonsense

I dont have time to write epistles like most people here do , so if I remember any article that correlates with my view on a particular subject , I post it . Sometimes I dont agree with their view and I wont post it if there is no correlation
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:00am On Apr 29, 2016
AgentOfAllah:
... I just need to show that there is no such thing as a single "creator of all things", and I have done that successfully.

A delusional evolutionist cheesy . You subscribe to and peddle scientific theories which you have accepted as cogent - that's the problem .

We have different views on the origin and diversity of life . Keep it that way . You dont have to convince me and I dont care about convincing you.

Funny enough evolution is a design process . We have such in software engineering and development of various products . Evolution does not preclude the need for a designer , it necessitates it .

There are theistic evolutionists by the way - evolutionists who believe God did it through evolution and the creation story in the bible is allegorical

God is a precursor to all in existence
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by AgentOfAllah: 2:49pm On Apr 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

A delusional evolutionist cheesy . You subscribe to and peddle scientific theories which you have accepted as cogent - that's the problem .

We have different views on the origin and diversity of life . Keep it that way . You dont have to convince me and I dont care about convincing you.

Funny enough evolution is a design process . We have such in software engineering and development of various products . Evolution does not preclude the need for a designer , it necessitates it .

There are theistic evolutionists by the way - evolutionists who believe God did it through evolution and the creation story in the bible is allegorical

God is a precursor to all in existence

This is the quintessential Ebuka. He finds himself in a corner, and then farts straw men out of his arse!! How, in the holy kingdoms of Yemoja, Amadioha and kalumba did evolution make its way here?

I pointed out that there can be many creators, and I invoked the creators of my wristwatch, shoes and computer to drive home the point. I also passingly mentioned the process of birth as the creation of the creators. Not sure what any of that has got to do with evolution.
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by PastorAIO: 8:40am On May 27, 2016
omonnakoda:
How many infinities?

Infinite infinities.
Re: Dialectics Of Violence And Morality by hopefulLandlord: 7:54pm On Mar 07, 2017
AgentOfAllah:

This is the quintessential Ebuka. He finds himself in a corner, and then farts straw men out of his arse!! How, in the holy kingdoms of Yemoja, Amadioha and kalumba did evolution make its way here?

I pointed out that there can be many creators, and I invoked the creators of my wristwatch, shoes and computer to drive home the point. I also passingly mentioned the process of birth as the creation of the creators. Not sure what any of that has got to do with evolution.

Hehehehehehehehe

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Why Keyamo, Stephanie Otobo Are After Me — Apostle Suleiman / Characteristics Of A True Prophet Of God / Ghana Church Holds Chelsea Thanksgiving Service (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.