Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,270 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive (45910 Views)

10 Ways To Keep A Boring Relationship Alive / Men Only: SEX, Approaching, Chatting, Keeping a Conversation, Last Long in Bed. / 15 Happenings When You're In A Long Distance Relationship With A Girl (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by layla129(f): 12:58am On Apr 03, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
You are as beautiful as your intellect. I owe you a drink ma'am
Yipee! Can't wait. Pls make it hollandia yoghurt grin...thank you

1 Like

Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Charles545: 1:00am On Apr 03, 2016
Well, to me...communication and understanding should go together; because while the communication is going on and the parties don't understand what each is trying to buttress, issues will spring up
2. you both should be very open minded to each other - don't form holier than thou (just as someone said ) tell him what will drive him naughty, that way you guys will feel the bond
3. try see each other no matter How short the period will be. you could make it a routine of 3 months interval
4.make him feel your presence by sending him pictures... esp bed time pictures(it shouldn't be nude ) strictly for his eyes because men are more visual -let him see what he's missing out.
5. settle issues very well before bedtime and apologize if you're @ fault.
6. always make him tell you his schedules of thing so that you won't call him while he's busy -you may assume he is with another lady
7.prayer over everything -it works
enjoy your relationship

10 Likes

Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by layla129(f): 1:06am On Apr 03, 2016
Bluezy13:
She is asking for a way to intensify their romance regarding the long distance....

But comments above...
Seems they reason with their anus.

And here comes Layla with some sense.

Lol, thanks hunnae
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:08am On Apr 03, 2016
layla129:

Your choice my dear... grin

are you in a LD relationship?
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by layla129(f): 1:14am On Apr 03, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Your choice my dear... grin

are you in a LD relationship?
Yeah, what can a sister do grin
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by nuggarito: 1:16am On Apr 03, 2016
unity2016:

It works for some people. just because yours didn't work out doesn't mean that hers wouldn't. Relationship needs time and energy to make it work so if u see it as waste then...
no matter how you profess your love, or improve it, once you are not present, there's nothing happening. Maybe one day she calls and you are not picking up due to certain but important reasons , she would certainly have trust issues. Man is insatiable, you have to be present there to build the foundation (my opinion shaa)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by DedeNkem: 1:18am On Apr 03, 2016
fulanigirl:
I need some help on how to keep my long distance relationship alive. We've been together for almost 2 years, the first year we were in the same city but he moved away almost a year ago. We've been fighting so much and with our wedding next July it's worrying. I was hoping I can get some ideas on keeping the romance in our relationship.

Your situation is vague. You didn't specify the problem you're having with him and how it came about. So you won't get the specific advice you need.

Long distance relationship is not a genuine reason for a GOOD relationship to fail. Women have great intuition to know if a relationship is a viable one for them or not, but most of them don't use it and always end up heart-broken.

Nobody here on NL would give you a better advice than your guts! You know your relationship more than anyone here. So if you feel something is not right and you did everything you could to make it right but failed, dump him now before it's too late.

Don't marry for marrying sake, marry the right person for you. Most Nigerian women's dream is to get married and not focusing on marrying the right person. This is also applicable to most Nigerian men.

Think before making any long-term decision.

5 Likes

Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Lexusgs430: 1:23am On Apr 03, 2016
fulanigirl:
I need some help on how to keep my long distance relationship alive. We've been together for almost 2 years, the first year we were in the same city but he moved away almost a year ago. We've been fighting so much and with our wedding next July it's worrying. I was hoping I can get some ideas on keeping the romance in our relationship.

Since he moved away a year ago, how often do you see physically?
How often do you communicate on the phone and other communication platforms?
What do you usually fight about?
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:25am On Apr 03, 2016
layla129:
Yeah, what can a sister do grin
a lot my dear
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Nobody: 1:26am On Apr 03, 2016
fulanigirl:

Is fulanimafia your boyfriend?

If he is, call him on phone and shout "Sai Buhari" and he'll reply "Sai Baba" till next july! angry angry

Afterall buhari na una brother...can you now leave us alone? undecided
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Samagads10(m): 1:33am On Apr 03, 2016
Cutehector:
Urm night calls, be kinky, dnt be too holier Dan thou..

Tell him u miss him, u want him so badly. Etc.

Phew. Am so tired of all dem how are u, have u eatn talks. Bores me to death
so true. My girlfriend ask those same questions everytime we talk on phone... How was your day? Hope you've eaten?
It's now a cliche.. Annoying
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Rexnegro(m): 1:52am On Apr 03, 2016
fulanigirl:

Thank you for your wonderful contributions
to thank is one tin to do what You ve thanked her for is anoda tin...for me communication must be intact, don't wait for him to call, You can as well call, then try to sacrifice tinz eg Your location for his (tho ask him first if You can come over) be open, plain And honest. get busy with tinz if You re idle, try to be adventurous, enterprising And a good team player toward The relationship despite The distance...most ladies are onlooker in their relationship which isn't helping And it Could make a guy feel nt Been complimented And trust me such Could make a guy Have a shaky mind About u...as much I won't like to discourage You dear , Have a prepared mind to expect the unexpected cos humans(especially some Nigerians of today) can't never be vouched for.... that line might appear discouraging dear but believe me it did help If You don't put all Your eggs (trusts) in one basket...am Not saying You should double date, just saying be careful how You handle him, The distance, the trusts( that's if one exist BTW You both) , all The best dear
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Nobody: 1:54am On Apr 03, 2016
It wouldn't work. Distance relationship, Hmmmn. I don't recommend it.
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by mikolo80: 2:05am On Apr 03, 2016
fulanigirl:
what do you fight about?
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Realone92(m): 2:11am On Apr 03, 2016
layla129:
It can be really frustrating and boring at a point i tell you but a distant relationship that survives only grows stronger. I'll share some of my personal tips from experience with you which has helped and is still keeping us going.
1. Visit each other; if you're lucky to be in the same country, visit each other. And if in different countries, still visit. Spend time and money on travels.

2. Video calls/ chats; being able to see each other regularly and talking about EVERYTHING develops intimacy. Send photos, take shots specifically for him.

3. Make an effort and be determined to make things work; if he's a very busy dude like mine, my sister you have to really try. U jst have to pin him down to get things sorted. The longer issues linger, the gap becomes wider.

4. Keep yourself busy; focus on your life too, develop yourself... apart from the personal benefits you gain from this, it tends to take your mind off the thoughts of him for a while. And i'm sure he'll even respect u more for that.

5. Set some rules; in my case, i made it a standard that we should never sleep over a disagreement. We must settle it before it before we both go to bed...i've gone to bed 3am on an occassion because we just had to straighten out things.
We know each other's schedule for the whole day

6.talk dirty to each other and be very romantic; you know what to do tongue
Plus, tell him when you're angry or unhappy about anything because he is not with you physically to see your expressions.

These are the ones i remember for now, i hope they were helpful? Hang in there sis
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Chybyke07(m): 2:39am On Apr 03, 2016
bt if u ask Mi na wu u wan make I ask...end time relationship indeed
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Chybyke07(m): 2:41am On Apr 03, 2016
mikolo80:
what do you fight about?
hmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by 9jatatafo(m): 2:43am On Apr 03, 2016
You must have a city load of patience if not I am afraid. They say out of sight is out of mind. Long distance relationship always don't work.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by sashishalom(f): 3:00am On Apr 03, 2016

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Josephamstrong1(m): 3:12am On Apr 03, 2016
Sm1 said here, outta sight is outta mind.
R u dz crass? wat happens to absence makes d hrt grow fonder. Read my friend, read!
sm1 nided advice on hw to salvage a distance relatnshp and u're here blabbing coz u had a failed one or dat u ain't faithful coz of ya 6G conji level.
@Fulanigal, Trust, remove pride, stay humble and faithful. see, wen u're... show it. men don't joke wt Fidel women. even if he plays around wtout u kwin, he'll stl turn around. Communication, i said communication. discus and talk abt evrytn. Create d tym and plz, learn to say...I'M SORRY.
weda u're wrong or not. settle ya ish within 2days, don't use pride and don't let it linger. Then b busy too buh don't sleep off any day wtout chatting or callin' to say I LUV U.
Finally, kw ya man. Use ya instinct, ya God given to kw if dz guy is ryt for me, b sensitive enuf to kw him each tym u guys r together. b a fast learner.
Anybody can b in distance relationship... we dnt kw whr life is takin' us. u'll undastnd better wen u marry.

Layla129 has said it all....plz thread close!

4 Likes

Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Josephamstrong1(m): 3:20am On Apr 03, 2016
DedeNkem:

Your situation is vague. You didn't specify the problem you're having with him and how it came about. So you won't get the specific advice you need.

Long distance relationship is not a genuine reason for a GOOD relationship to fail. Women have great intuition to know if a relationship is a viable one for them or not, but most of them don't use it and always end up heart-broken.

Nobody here on NL would give you a better advice than your guts! You know your relationship more than anyone here. So if you feel something is not right and you did everything you could to make it right but failed, dump him now before it's too late.

Don't marry for marrying sake, marry the right person for you. Most Nigerian women's dream is to get married and not focusing on marrying the right person. This is also applicable to most Nigerian men.

Think before making any long-term decision.

100jolomi for u
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Josephamstrong1(m): 3:34am On Apr 03, 2016
Cutehector:
very very nice reply. Such people are so so timid. They can't say nutty things on fone. It's very anoyin. They are scared of u thinkn dat they r spoilt hence they wana be very careful with their choice of words.

Dat's crazy Holmes.
I don't stay seconds wt such Bimbos.
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Josephamstrong1(m): 3:36am On Apr 03, 2016
nkemdi89:
Considering the economic situation of the country, the quest for greener pastures has led most partners to live apart, it's all about understanding. My childhood friend in the army always watsapp me to call the wife that he is online due to his inability to make voice call in borno. The important thing is for both parties to be busy as that tend to reduce boredom, what if your partner is always on transfer, does it mean you will relocate every where with him or her?.

Ask dem joor,
U too get sense jaree.
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Olanipekun22(m): 3:46am On Apr 03, 2016
Gud ideas....creative guys
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Josephamstrong1(m): 3:52am On Apr 03, 2016
wellmax:

1000 likes.
This is the one reason my bea's call doesn't interest me again. One minute into MY call, na so so 'have you eaten?, what did you eat?" Do you miss me? Don't know why, but this question annoys me so much.

Sm gals don't hv strike, gist and chat sense.
Strike my friend, STRIKE!
or better stl, don't waste ya tym wt bimbos.
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Josephamstrong1(m): 3:56am On Apr 03, 2016
Evanescent:
The situation is now even worse within naija after MTN stopped free midnight calls

u mean they've stopped midnyt calls?
since wen abeg? abi na stl dey April fool?
Was banned by MTN, we juz like cat and rat.
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by klexycole(m): 4:23am On Apr 03, 2016
MrHackmed1:
hmmmm, not always easy but seriously, first thing is trust yourself, then money is needed to sustain it because only best way is constant communication. And meaningful talks not boring talks oh!

Let me share my experience; back in 2013 September

She graduated last year, now serving and We got married last week Saturday and settled in Abuja cool
Wow!I love this!
I'm thrilled!! cheesy

I'm happy for you bro,may Allah's rahmah be upon your union.
Congrats. cool
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by klexycole(m): 4:27am On Apr 03, 2016
EggovinMma:

My dear, it's like that.We fight like everyday, on phone, on air and in the sea.But man wey one marry you go marry you, just keep calling, send lovely message and once in a while intentionally make him angry, that shakes him up a little.

Like me, I can just wake up in the morning, and start like this,"so baby last you didn't bother to call me because you went to club, that ya penis wey no reach wetin dem fit add for 50 naira indomie as protein. ....."Fight don start be that. wink cheesy cheesy
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by klexycole(m): 4:46am On Apr 03, 2016
layla129:

Free Drink grin cheesy grin
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by tete7000(m): 4:57am On Apr 03, 2016
fulanigirl:

We were together for the first year but the second year has been long distance. He visits and he is in touch, it's when he's away we fight a lot.

What causes the fight? I mean like what do you argue about when fighting?
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by sunshine1974(m): 5:00am On Apr 03, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
Shebi u knw as una dey do am. U go gossipally find one gossip informant as friend mounted around where he stays to dey give u info as he dey flex. Abi no be so?
try dat and its game over
Re: Keeping A Long Distance Relationship Alive by Flamezreal(m): 5:13am On Apr 03, 2016
fulanigirl:
I see trust lacking in the relationship. Or better still what has he asked you to do that you're not doing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple In Navy Uniform / WARNING: 10 Types Of Women You Should Never Marry / Hilarious Story : Read What happened to Guy who Married Because Of Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.