Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,334 members, 7,850,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:30 PM

How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. (45605 Views)

My Fiancee Is Not Trustworthy, She Had Sex With Her Ex Boyfriend / My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help / Guy Cries Out After Lady Tricked Him Into Giving Her "Head" While On Her Period! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by adimoh99(m): 5:58pm On Apr 04, 2016
That babe isn't ready yet... She still wanna have fun and doesn't want to be trapped yet. QED... If really u wanna settle down I'll suggest you go look for someone else who WI appreciate your idea. Waiting for her is never an option because by the time she returns to you again, the story might be entirely different from what you left... Am sure you understand what I mean.

1 Like

Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by emmiekwu(m): 5:58pm On Apr 04, 2016
She is a young with low thinking faculty
Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by gohzieh(m): 5:59pm On Apr 04, 2016
Alusioji:
Guy i was in the same exact situation. Mine was she wanted to go and study medicine in ukraine after her first degree.
what did i do . I dumped her ASS. U see 22 yr olds have not seen anything in life. They are still in daddy give me, mummy give me. Their brain still dey jump with ideas flowing through them on per second billing. I doubt if that your girl has even gone 4 NYSC.
Part with her on good terms., wish her well cos i doubt if she can stay away for 2 years without meeting other suitors. Look for ladies 24 to 27 who don know say life no be moi- moi.
On my story 1. She didnt go to ukraine again. 2. She entered for medicine in ESUT 3. She got married became pregnant while studying medcine had to drop.

Very sad and touching story.
Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by AreaFada2: 5:59pm On Apr 04, 2016
dare2differ:

If they got married, she would come back

I meet married and newly weds almost every time, so what are you talking about?

I don't think she is indecisive. I think she doesn't want to lose him. She is trying to balance both! undecided
besides this should serve a lesson to guys that go for young girls undecided

For every one you see that has returned, I have also seen many who did not return. And that over a period of 25 years.

Those I have seen that returned, the vast majority were in their mid-20s or above. Usually with kids back in 9ja.

So don't sound as if you are an authority in this area.
Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by funkyibodude(m): 5:59pm On Apr 04, 2016
dachaste:

D babe is just 22? My dear d tins running tru d heads of most 22's are crazy.

U sure d gal is ready to be tied down?

Truth is she don wanna loose u yet she's not ready for marriage

Shikena
excellent, I don't know why ladies between the ages of 21-25 act this way
Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by bezimo(m): 6:00pm On Apr 04, 2016
I like your stance, you seem ready to call the bluff if she aint ready. There are many ready girls out there.
Two options, since there is no guarantee that after the introduction she wants and she goes for her master abroad that she would come back, she is only 22 and seem unstable and dont know what she want at the moment(She might find someone better than you and begin to act disinterested)

To avoid a likely heartbreak due to the uncertainty of her return to you after she completes her masters abroad and since you aint ready to sponsor her masters at the moment,

The first option would be tell her you aint ready to be trapped by an introduction, you want to get married to her before she goes for her master's.

The second option is to begin to search for a replacement with immediate effect because she is been adviced against you by her folks.Discuss the options with your Parents.

3 Likes

Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by dare2differ: 6:02pm On Apr 04, 2016
AreaFada2:

For every one you see that has returned, I have also seen many who did not return. And that over a period of 25 years.

So don't sound as if you are an authority in this area.

I am not saying I am an authority

I believe that the possibility that she will return is higher

Why are we over-flogging a non-issue?

She is young. Should she wait till forever to get a masters degree?

This is the moment she would be a ble to set herself up for her family and her career. It is only going to take a year

The op have had lots of years to build a life of his own. Sacrificing a year for is future partner won't kill him

1 Like

Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by Nyceguy92: 6:02pm On Apr 04, 2016
[quote author=keyman0007 post=44398531]

Sex apart, a 2 years old relationship that has not registered hugs and kisses is certainly not deep.
Your girl wants to go to school overseas for the glamour of it.

And it appears she is not ready to be "tied down" by marriage
Even if she is ready to marry, chances are she is also considering other alternatives to you.
I suggest you get on with the other acquaintances who are mutually interested in you.

1 Like

Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by linearity: 6:02pm On Apr 04, 2016
She is young and not ready to settle down yet. She also want to pursue her dream but don't want to lose you, hence the bait and switch tactics on her part.

The girl wise well well oh! but OP you sure say she never eat the forbidden fruit? As in the fruit that giveth wisdom and opens eyes? Abeg check well, someone is gingering her kini.

Bottom line, she need the introduction as a rain check or a fall back plan in case, she did not find someone better than you abroad. LBS school is a reputable business school and one of best in Africa, unless she is going to IVY league business college abroad.

Most 22 years don't survive distant relationship not to talk of when they are not married. I do not have a crystal ball, but I can tell you categorically that, if you do the introduction and she leaves, you guys will never marry, she will find a new bf abroad and eventually marry or you will hear of her escapades and jump ships or you will dump her first for another warm and ever present cozy bosom in Nigeria.

One difference between men and women, when it comes to marriage is, if men are ready they quickly go through the available menu, make their choice, do the marriage; then chalk if off on their todo list and they move on to the next task on their list...with women, when they are ready and come to that task, they can afford to wait, then wait, and wait, wait, wait or even put that task in the 'ready-waiting' status and go to do other things. My point is, since you want to get marry and feels that you are ready, she knows that, if she leaves, she will lose you forever period!

If she is willing to wait for introduction, she can also wait for the marriage. If she gets an admission, she can defer it for a semester (not even a year) or more.

She have a plan, and she is not letting you in on it, plus she is not following you wholly with her heart, she is also using wisdom and trying to manipulate you into doing her biding, despite knowing your stands on it. My fear is, if she dey use konny for you now, when u na never marry and not wanting to address your concerns or try to reach a consensor, what do you think she will do, if you guys eventually got married?

3 Likes

Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by AreaFada2: 6:08pm On Apr 04, 2016
[quote author=dare2differ post=44405197]

I am not saying I am an authority

I believe that the possibility that she will return is higher

[b]Why are we over-flogging a non-issue?[/[/b]quote]

Because it's important to OP.

At 22, no need to hurry into marriage. Marriage is about compromise and agreement. If both cannot agree, then better she moves on and finish her studies.

OP is 28 and he wants a family life straight away, is that too much to ask for a married man?

She obviously feels time is on her side. Family life can wait. OP probably thinks otherwise.
Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by onos217(m): 6:09pm On Apr 04, 2016
That's what you get when you're tied to a girl who is yet to attain maturity. If may ask,what are doing with a 22-year old who I can tell bearly knows are right from her left?
Bros, look elsewhere,that girl is just too young for such a lifetime commitment.

1 Like

Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by Sistem007(m): 6:14pm On Apr 04, 2016
lolz...22 u say? Girl between the ages 20-24 are bunch of confused fellows when it comes to settling down. The ones that wana settle down at that time do so either coz of parental pressure or peer group pressure without knowing actually what they are going into. At that age they still wana explore what it feels like to leave school get a job, get an apartment, live alone and enjoy their freedom and u are talking about marriage. Like one of those who commented earlier said, it's obvious she doesn't wana loose u but at the same time doesn't wana settle down, but since ur ready to settle...I advice u to go look for someone serious. Life is too short to hang around unserious folkz.

1 Like

Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by kaybee09(m): 6:20pm On Apr 04, 2016
crismark:
all dis niggas goin 4 gals dat re below 26 4 marriage pls wise up....because dey said gals don't av much time b4 dey get married shuldnt make u propose to a 22 yr old gal....it's clear dat she isn't ready nd still too young 4 marriage
22yr old is too young 4 marriage..., d west hv really destabilize our brain

2 Likes

Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by happney65: 6:21pm On Apr 04, 2016
2 years,no kiss,no sex..Which Kain Man una be sef?Some Guys shaa mugu gann..na so alice told me that time say make we no fuckkkk na so i dey look am say i don hear,when we fuckkkk he be like magic to her...Abegi,if you dont want to have sex,dont date me at alll.. omolola15 come and see. grin
Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by abbey621(m): 6:21pm On Apr 04, 2016
There are red flags everywhere but you are failing to see them.
#1. Dating for 2 years, no kisses, sex , no intimacy.
#2. She's just 22 years, hardly ready to settle down!
#3. She wants to go for her masters yet I can bet you probably don't have yours.
#4. You are 28 years of age.

From the girl's words it is clear that she does not have a mind of her own and is clearly being influenced. As far as I can tell,you don't really love her that much anyways because it didn't take long for you to find alternatives when you called things off. So here is my greatest advice for you; you are a man, you are the provider, you are the one that needs to steer the ship in the right direction. Put down your feet and let her know where you stand, cut her off completely and move on with your life. Those ones saying let her go for masters abroad after introduction or wedding truly are out of touch with reality. Newly married couples should never live apart when an easier alternative is on the table, all in all my guy consider your age and your future, is it worth waiting for a girl that does not know what she truly wants in life?

2 Likes

Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by Chizzy759831: 6:23pm On Apr 04, 2016
na wa o. what you want odaz have...Ther is no girl who dosent pray to be married early. but its sad enough that @22 some ladies c it as "too early to marry". it all good. @OP, i u will listen, pls leave her n get someone else. its hard n difficult. buh please just do that. at this point, ahe seem nt to know wah she wants. mayb before she realises u would be HAPPILLY Married with Children. its painful buh face it. ask God to give u the heart to face it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by enemachris(m): 6:24pm On Apr 04, 2016
That's one of the major reason why i dnt like all dis small small girls. Their drama is always too much that at tims it makes u look stupid in front of your folks. They are so confused and indecisive. U beta tink twice my broda before peson go com use her own confusion confuse ur own confusion.

She is trying to trap u down. Jus wise up.
Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by emilyone(f): 6:26pm On Apr 04, 2016
destinygl0ri0us:
you are a selfish persin OP, shikenna babe said u guys shud do introduction... bla bla bla then she goes 4 her masters!!! wetin u dey hurry 4 u re just 28. let the small girl go study abeg .. so no sex.. cant u see say she be responsible babe u dey here they cry me a lagoon... u want kiss also.. shud yo be kissing someone u haven't paid her bride price.. take a chill coke and quench ur thirst... baby if u read this... gaan do ur masters, u re still a small gyal,,, but bro u be thief ooo 22 to 28 ..u no see all thoss 24 and above ripe mangos... u wan disvirgin young blood !!! Oloobe

Don't mind the selfish guy
Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by Walelavender(m): 6:29pm On Apr 04, 2016
Common this girl is young. Let her pursue the dream of her heart. Getting trapped at that age in marriage limits her capacity to explore. Marriage is a massive commitment. She isnt ready obviously. You are 28, can't you wait till 30? That's the conventional age for men grin Besides she would have garnered more life experience after her MSc
Make that sacrifice or let her go!
Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by Arsenate(m): 6:31pm On Apr 04, 2016
delishpot:

So she should bang Everyman she dates because she lost her virginity? Where is the logic there? So as OP wants to dump her now if he finally does and she has slept with him she should also sleep with the next guy and if he leaves or she decided he isn't the one she should date the next and bang him too? Bros abeg, even Ashewo dry repent too na.

Op, free the girl to pursue her dream. After men will say their wives did not contribute anything g to the success in life. Imagine tying a woman down because you want to marry her. If it was you OP that got this opportunity and she said No you would have tagged her enemy of progress. See talk, she can go after marriage as long as her dad sponsors her? Why are you and your family being wicked to her like this? I wish I knew her, I would advice her to leave you and your family ASAP
what do you mean by he and his family are being wicked to her? The young man allowed her to go and do her masters only for her to come back and say she was ready for marriage. Few months later she starts acting up.
She wants masters, good, let her go and get it.
The man wants to get married, she should allow him to get married.
I don't see any act of wickedness here.
You ladies are always emotional

2 Likes

Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by vivalavida(m): 6:32pm On Apr 04, 2016
Atlantian:

They dont understand when we say "emotionally and financially READY". They think its a joke. My friend that married and went to honeymoon in two countries was "blessed" win twins. Now, his hair is like a rasta. I think he is losing his mind. You go buy petrol and diesel tire to keep house cool for babies. Come buy SMA Gold and cartons of pampams, handle DTSV and electric bills and pay salaries of nannies and cleaners, then enter real game of families...LOL, no be joke.

Now am scared of getting married
Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by histemple: 6:38pm On Apr 04, 2016
dachaste:

D babe is just 22? My dear d tins running tru d heads of most 22's are crazy.

U sure d gal is ready to be tied down?

Truth is she don wanna loose u yet she's not ready for marriage

Shikena

So on point. You just summarized it verbatim.

1 Like

Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by ossowunmi(m): 6:42pm On Apr 04, 2016
I don't think she's ready for marriage, my brother don't rely on probability.
Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by taryur(m): 6:42pm On Apr 04, 2016
this issue is simple na. she is 22(young).she has alot she can do for herself at this age. leave the babe. let her knw why u av to leave her. let her further her education. u will get a girl that is thinking in your direction and much older than your babe(say 25/26). there isnt anything new abt telling your parents the whole gist na. that shouldnt be a prob. all d best bro
Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by Arsenate(m): 6:43pm On Apr 04, 2016
And BTW, 22 for a lady is not too young for marriage. As a matter of fact if not for the harsh economy, early marriage is very advantageous. Allows the couple to enjoy their youths together. Bear children early and raise them when they are in their prime years.

1 Like

Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by Eyop: 6:46pm On Apr 04, 2016
Atlantian:

They dont understand when we say "emotionally and financially READY". They think its a joke. My friend that married and went to honeymoon in two countries was "blessed" win twins. Now, his hair is like a rasta. I think he is losing his mind. You go buy petrol and diesel tire to keep house cool for babies. Come buy SMA Gold and cartons of pampams, handle DTSV and electric bills and pay salaries of nannies and cleaners, then enter real game of families...LOL, no be joke.

cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by taryur(m): 6:50pm On Apr 04, 2016
let her pursue her dreams. u will find another babe. she is just scared and young too. she loves u,doesnt wana loose u and at d sametime caught btw her career too. explain to her why u av to leave her for real this time. she will thank u later in future. goodluck bro.
Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by glossy6(f): 6:54pm On Apr 04, 2016
crismark:
all dis niggas goin 4 gals dat re below 26 4 marriage pls wise up....because dey said gals don't av much time b4 dey get married shuldnt make u propose to a 22 yr old gal....it's clear dat she isn't ready nd still too young 4 marriage

So 22yrs old are babies eh?
Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by Youngzedd(m): 6:59pm On Apr 04, 2016
crismark:

Any girl below 25, doesn't know what She wants.

1 Like

Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by kpolli(m): 7:01pm On Apr 04, 2016
No kiss, no sex, 2 hugs in 2 years.... You're not her real boyfriend

1 Like

Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by Bjergtrolde: 7:01pm On Apr 04, 2016
keyman0007:

Why do ladies like to pretend to be confused, when in the actual sense they know what they are doing, and what they want. It jut so annoying.

So this year i raise the marriage thing with my lady and she is like she wants to go for masters, that i should come see her parents then we do an introduction of some kind and she leaves, I told her a masters in the UK will mean i will wait till December 2017 to get married if she goes to a UK school and maybe 2018 if its a US or canadian school. I told her i am not trying to tie her career down, that why doesnt she go to LBS, since its an MBA she wants to do. I also discussed with my folks who are also desperate and they were like i should forget her she isnt the only lady in the world. what the guarantee if she goes she will not see someone else.

Sha i pulled out of the relationship and began to search again. only for her to come back and say she is sorry, she has reflected about every and that she is ready for marriage. Cos i liked her i dumped all other female admirers i had began to develop relationships with . I told her again about the LBS master and even told her that i am willing to allow her go do her masters oversees after we get married long as her dad will be willing to pay. Or if God blesses me i can sponsor it. She said she is ready for marriage even if i proposed today.

Sha with her change in position i decided to go see her parents in Lagos, the dad was receptive but the mum seem abit tough, wanted to knw what i did for a living and dall that. I then go see her uncle in Abj. I also told my folks she is having a rethink on the masters thing, that soften my parents. I then invited her to my place. She met my parents they really like her. she also met my siblings as well. My father even called her dad self and they seem to have started getting along.

Only for this babe to begin to say she will submit her school application to fulfill all righteousness. Then 2 days back she says i need to go see her folks to make my intentions. Then she is like she thinks she shd go for her masters now and brought the whole introduction story up again. That we should do introduction and then she travels. I told her i think she is trying to trap me, she is trying to trap me, We have been in a relationship for 2 year no kisses, no sex we even rarely hug. i am 28 she is 22. It is either she goes for her masters and then if she is still single when she returns am i also still single then we get married. It is nt heard of, in my culture. She is not even considering doing it in LBS.

We are not talking at the moment.
I am thinking of a way to break this news to my folks. cause they have already started seeing her as my wife.
I have told her i wont move an inch further in the relationship if she cant tell me what indeed her plan her.
it is either she goes overseas or does it in Nigeria and if it is overseas am nt giving any commitment.[/font]

IT just so annoying.

Harry Song : Enjoy your self baby boo (bae boo, bae boo)
Cause even your boo get a boo ( a boo, a boo)
Re: How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess. by dachaste(f): 7:06pm On Apr 04, 2016
funkyibodude:
excellent, I don't know why ladies between the ages of 21-25 act this way

They always feel dey just arrived

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Deleted / At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? / Breakup: What Was Your Ex's Excuse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.