Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? (3560 Views)

Didisassy: "If You Allow Man Grab Your Butt In Public, You Lack Home Training’’ / "Allow Your Husband Marry His Girlfriend & Have Sex Together" - Linda Uju / How To Permanently Stop Masturbation (lessons From An Ex-chronic Masturbator) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 06, 2016
[b][/b]

[b]I was listening to a female friend lament yesterday about how her fiancé has simply refused to let her partner with her ex-boyfriend in business.
She is into mini importation of baby and toddler clothing, food, diapers and accessories. This ex of hers is based in U.S.A and would be relocating to Nigeria soon. They reconnected few months back and got talking. The business is actually on the verge of collapse as she was badly affected mainly by the increase in dollar-naira exchange rate and other personal reasons.

The fiancé of hers is a working class but his income is meagre hence his incapability to assist her. The ex on the other hand has stated that he just wants a strictly business relationship with all the necessary legal paper work in place. Would it suffice to say that they (my friend and the ex) broke up over four years ago?

Here is my own take on this issue, maybe God actually brought them (my friend and ex) together back then for business purpose and they missed it and decided to go sexual (yes they had carnal knowledge of each other while the relationship lasted) instead of platonic. Maybe God brought them back together now to fulfill His real plan for their lives (as business partners).

Common, times are so hard!!! Opportunity comes knocking just once. This business is her sole source of income and it would be unfair to just throw it away simply because her fiancé is not comfortable with it.

As long as boundaries are established, feelings tucked away, each knows exactly what they and the other are bringing to the table. Yes, there would be frictions, but as long as they are both disciplined, it should work.

I stand to be corrected, I’m open to other opinions but this is my honest take on this issue. Over to you fellow Nlanders, would you allow your spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend do business with an ex?[/b]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 06, 2016
It has to be critically analized actually. I'll have to be sure they both moved on.

But if there's trust, why not? It all narrows down to TRUST

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 06, 2016
well said...

STFUareyouGod:
It has to be critically analyzed actually. I'll have to be sure they both moved on.

But if there's trust, why not? It all narrows down to TRUST
Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 06, 2016
It depends on the type of job and how spclose they would get
Though you might trust your patner can you trust the EX . Pls note this is someone that knows your bf, gf etc

I personally wont !
Its just a respect thing too of all people wey dey world why your ex ??

Business deals cans take time energy effort so means that the wife, gf , bf, or hubby go just dey oook as they roll together .. No dont think its right ..
He/she can be cool with the ex say hi , hello hows the family etc .. But business nah

3 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by Lsofdk(m): 10:27am On Apr 06, 2016
mimzy:
well said...
surely business partners would sit and have meetings from time to time, would be conversing on phone from time to time, likely would chat a bit…maybe more, one day he might propose they hang out *the lady would say it's a harmless date* okay!!!
now considering they have dated before, during all those processes above feelings are most likely to be rekindled… i won't gamble that…she's my queen and not a pawn

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 06, 2016
Funny enough Most girls will never agree to such if tuey were in the guys shoes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by SINXU(m): 10:34am On Apr 06, 2016
Depends on the amount of money involved gringrin
Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 06, 2016
RUBBISH!!!!! I personally will not want my girl to get involve with her ex either for business or even church activity, bcaus im a jealous type, very very jealous even d husband of my sisters made sure they are in good terms with me even before my parents knows. fork the business, fork the ex, its better i loan money for her to from the bank to revive her business than 4 her to get involve with her ex, but if she insist then relationship is over. this is me 4 U.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by kaziblake(f): 10:35am On Apr 06, 2016
I won't allow my husband/bf.
An ex he had a sexual relationship with is a no to me,when they meet and begin to talk business before you know they begin to remember old times and boom!they click again.

5 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 06, 2016
Nnam, In business, there is no feeling at all. The only feeling is the feeling of making money, ighotago?
Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by TheSonOfMark(m): 10:38am On Apr 06, 2016

The romance between them would be rekindled.
What's more? He's single and so is she. She's admitted her fiance isn't financially stable and she's on the brink herself. She once dated her ex - meaning he's her speculation , only that things went awry. With a little emotional probing from her ex, she'd fall for him again.

Admit it, from an economic stand point, her ex has the solution to her problems and, oh trust women, she'd try to see if she can rein in him.

No way!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 10:50am On Apr 06, 2016
The guy should start shopping for another wife. No pretence here pls, guyman has lost that girl. All I see is selfishness here. How dare my wife to be bring up such a demonic idea. Even if it will turn us to dangote? Infact, as for me, its over! I hate senseless people and pray god i will never entangle with them. Maybe the guy is even unreasonable and wayward too. undecided
Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 06, 2016
Sweetie, you have a point, but let us assume that this lady wants to do biz with a neutral guy, is she not still gonna be exposed to the same cons as her ex boyfriend too.

They would go for meetings, it might stretch far into the night.
They might travel together...etc.

BumBae:
It depends on the type of job and how spclose they would get
Though you might trust your patner can you trust the EX . Pls note this is someone that knows your bf, gf etc

I personally wont !
Its just a respect thing too of all people wey dey world why your ex ??

Business deals cans take time energy effort so means that the wife, gf , bf, or hubby go just dey oook as they roll together .. No dont think its right ..
He/she can be cool with the ex say hi , hello hows the family etc .. But business nah
Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by 4C2215131: 10:52am On Apr 06, 2016
Why not? A spouse has taken vows, he or she is just not single and freelancing anymore (this applies to God fearing partners not the types I tried aiding and abetting in this post https://www.nairaland.com/3000694/book-shadows-21st-century-woman).

They can remain friends more so when such an ex is married also. It's strictly business. Our fear stems from the lack of trust both parties have for each other. If you trust your partner (which you should or else you might as well be living in a fool's paradise for walking down the aisle), this shouldn't be a problem.

You discuss it together and set the limits (why this should even come up is another attestation to the fact that there is lack of trust...yes, I know about the 'lead us not into temptation' portion of the Lord's Prayer). It grieves me that it has come to this. The eternal battle between the sexes evidenced by posts such as the OP has put up; total lack of trust for our supposedly significant and hopefully better others.

I cannot emphasize this enough, Trust is the backbone of Love in a relationship. When it's there you got absolutely nothing to fear even if your woman is more comely than Kim K or your man more Denzel than Denzel W coupled with being more heeled than Bill G. Find someone you can give a reason to trust in you and you've found a partner for life!
Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by dharay88: 10:54am On Apr 06, 2016
well, i would allow
As long as rules, limitations..etc
are set in place...
Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by 4C2215131: 10:57am On Apr 06, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

What's more? He's single and so is she. She's admitted her fiance isn't financially stable and she's on the brink herself. She once dated her ex - meaning he's her speculation , only that things went awry. With a little emotional probing from her ex, she'd fall for him again.

Admit it, from an economic stand point, her ex has the solution to her problems and, oh trust women, she'd try to see if she can rein in him.

No way!

You're basing your premise on the fact that she may succumb due to financial reasons. If she does, she isn't worth holding on to in the first instance.

Again, this brings to the fore the issue of the average Nigerian lady sacrificing all for just a day in the sun informed by access to wealth. Ladies, you sure got your work cut out for yáll!

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 06, 2016
lolz. bhadt sharp guy grin grin

SINXU:
Depends on the amount of money involved gringrin
Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 10:59am On Apr 06, 2016
mimzy:
Sweetie, you have a point, but let us assume that this lady wants to do biz with a neutral guy, is she not still gonna be exposed to the same cons as her ex boyfriend too.

Its much easier to refvck a once fvcked pvssy than a fresh one. All thats needed is isolation or rather seclusion and the memories will flow back. Let no one fool his or herself that it "depends" on the kind of person. For her to have opened that topic up means she is up to something. Most women always have dual purpose for their actions. That lady wants to trap that USA guy and dump her fiancee. Thats the real koko business here. That guy should start his own plan B too. Cause even if he says no to her, she will go underground and finally smash his heart to smitherins.
Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 06, 2016
lolz. hmmm. ok what if we turn the tables around . would you expect your spouse to support your decision if u were to partner with an ex.
And u bera state your unbiased opinion. Answer this question in your mind and smile, then come and give me a modified response cheesy

TheSonOfMark:

No way!
Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 06, 2016
exactly, that is what actually matters

dharay88:
well, i would allow
As long as rules, limitations..etc
are set in place...
Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by SINXU(m): 11:04am On Apr 06, 2016
mimzy:
lolz. bhadt sharp guy grin grin
Why say NO to some cool millions? cool

Moreover, my wife/gf would know better than to cheat on me.
Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by Aviero: 11:07am On Apr 06, 2016
No too much story abeg!

They must shag, except you have a perfect relationship with your spouse. Forget trust or whatever. I do not even trust myself, not to talk of another.

No matter how dedicated people are, there are things that will happen spontaneously, and you can't help it.
Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 06, 2016
Ehmm, excuse me sir *coughs*. Did you digest the write up before posting your comment? smiley
@ the emboldened, i am not the party involved.

STFUand4kMeHARD:

Its much easier to refvck a once fvcked pvssy than a fresh one. All thats needed is isolation or rather seclusion and the memories will flow back. Let no one fool his or herself that it "depends" on the kind of person. For her to have opened that topic up means she is up to something. Most women always have dual purpose for their actions.

STFUand4kMeHARD:
That lady wants to trap that USA guy and dump her fiancee

She wasnt even the one that brought up the business idea and they aint even talking about rekindling their affair. so what do you mean by this

STFUand4kMeHARD:
Thats the real koko business here. That guy should start his own plan B too. Cause even if he says no to her, she will go underground and finally smash his heart to smitherins.

issokay, that is your opinion. thank u sir grin
Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 06, 2016
exactly. so a business relationship should not make her lower her standards

4C2215131:

You're basing your premise on the fact that she may succumb due to financial reasons. If she does, she isn't worth holding on to in the first instance.

Again, this brings to the fore the issue of the average Nigerian lady sacrificing all for just a day in the sun informed by access to wealth. Ladies, you sure got your work cut out for yáll!
Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 06, 2016
Lol, typical mindset of every human being. grin
What if this business is what puts food on the table, would you rather the whole family starve?

kaziblake:
I won't allow my husband/bf.
An ex he had a sexual relationship with is a no to me,when they meet and begin to talk business before you know they begin to remember old times and boom!they click again.

Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 06, 2016
well comprehended wink

Larryfly:
Nnam, In business, there is no feeling at all. The only feeling is the feeling of making money, ighotago?
Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 06, 2016
Need i remind you that getting a loan in Nigeria for a medium scale business owner is just lyk putting a camel through the eye of a needle.
Even if you are able to get the loan, are you aware that the least interest that will be incurred on the sum loaned to you is 22%. Is your girl even guaranteed that amount of profit on her monthly/annual sales?

hmm, you better put sentiments aside and look at it from a proper perspective.

SAINTSAMURAI:
RUBBISH!!!!! I personally will not want my girl to get involve with her ex either for business or even church activity, bcaus im a jealous type, very very jealous even d husband of my sisters made sure they are in good terms with me even before my parents knows. fork the business, fork the ex, its better i loan money for her to from the bank to revive her business than 4 her to get involve with her ex, but if she insist then relationship is over. this is me 4 U.
Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by TheSonOfMark(m): 11:21am On Apr 06, 2016
mimzy:
lolz. hmmm. ok what if we turn the tables around . would you expect your spouse to support your decision if u were to partner with an ex.
And u bera state your unbiased opinion. Answer this question in your mind and smile, then come and give me a modified response cheesy

If the woman really wants to make a statement to her ex that re-establishing any form of sexual and/or romantic relationship between them is a no-no, she should involve her fiance in every process of the negotiations. Her fiance doesn't have to have direct contact with the financial proceeds from it.

Premised on that, if my 'missy' wants to get involved in my business dealings with my ex then involve she should. We might even flaunt our relationship in my ex's face - a little PDA here and there. If my ex has no ulterior motive then she wouldn't be fazed by it or renege on our business agreement.

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by Adaeze003(f): 11:21am On Apr 06, 2016
I'd do business with an ex but I won't let my husband do same...

Trust or no trust, men are more likely to disgrace themselves and their generations to come...

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by Creamish(f): 11:24am On Apr 06, 2016
mimzy:

Before I can allow my spouse to do biz with my ex....I have to ponder on these questions..

* How much do I trust him?
* How often will they meet & where?
* Am I going to be cool with their phone conversations?
* Is he easily swayed?
* Is this business worth the worry?
* What is the gestation period of this business?

Frankly, it wont be easy to watch them do business together cos my man is only human. The fact that they have a history together makes it harder. It's much easier to work with someone who u'v got no history with (chances of cheating is minimal). Everything still boils down to TRUST.

My honest thought... I'd rather they don't do biz together.

BTW.. Lalasticlala ..this is FP worthy. Room for more opinions. wink

2 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 06, 2016
ok i concur .

But note that most men CANNOT even stay in the same room with an ex of their spouse. So involving him in the business negotiations might be a bit difficult for the guy to handle.

TheSonOfMark:

If the woman really wants to make a statement to her ex that re-establishing any form of sexual and/or romantic relationship between them is a no-no, she should involve her fiance in every process of the negotiations. Her fiance doesn't have to have direct contact with the financial proceeds from it.

Premised on that, if my 'missy' wants to get involved in my business dealings with my ex then involve she should. We might even flaunt our relationship in my ex's face - a little PDA here and there. If my ex has no ulterior motive then she wouldn't be fazed by it or renege on our business agreement.

Re: Would You Allow Your Spouse Do Business With An Ex? by Jadekitana(f): 11:26am On Apr 06, 2016
Adaeze003:
I'd do business with an ex but I won't let my husband do same...

Trust or no trust, men are more likely to disgrace themselves and their generations to come...

Jesus grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo Girl In Italy / 9 Things You Should Never Do To A Woman’s Bre@.$ts During Love Making / Office Romance: Please Help Me, What Should I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.