Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News (9885 Views)

New Sect Claims Responsibility For SARS Attack In Abuja -Desert Herald / Save The Unlawfully Detained Nigerian In Ukraine / Ibb Pleaded With Saudis To Release A Detained Nigerian Islamic Extremist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by okokomeji: 2:23pm On Jul 31, 2009
Jungle justice right here, you don't kill a criminal in your custody. That reflects the high level of insecurity in this country.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by naijaking1: 2:28pm On Jul 31, 2009
okokomeji:

Jungle justice right here, you don't kill a criminal in your custody. That reflects the high level of insecurity in this country.
It may also reflect the fact that you may not want him to name his sponsors.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by oshkosh(m): 2:41pm On Jul 31, 2009
There's quite a lot of conspiracy theories flying around, but these jihadist were simply killed on orders from above.  I see no problem with that. He would simply have become another Okah in detention, released back into the community in no time,

Even the American's do it (Iraq, Afganistan) through a well orchestrated programme of militant assasinations / executions.

My own is that similar drastic measures be metted out to Ibori, IBB and and all past thieving governors,
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by agabaI23(m): 3:04pm On Jul 31, 2009
GEW:

when i heard the news yesterday night the first word i said was another gloria okon again. knowing the lawless mafias that rule that land nothing is impossible for the thieves.
My brother that's what quickly comes to mind. Do they think we are that gullible to believe them? No we are not. On the other hand if they did such, it means they are inviting more troubles from the militants and human rights organisations worldwide.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by naijaking1: 3:07pm On Jul 31, 2009
@Oshkosh
If you find out that a top and wealthy politician was financing them, wouldn't you care to get that information so that it doesn't happen again?
That's why any true solution must get to the root of the problem.
Nigerian would have been surprised if that man was detained and interrogated., and then later executed according to the laws of the land.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by MrBentley: 3:20pm On Jul 31, 2009
Yar' Adua should be taken to the Hague and tried for genocide and abuse of human rights!
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 31, 2009
nigerian hypocrites don arrive nairaland. if they kill him, na problem. if they leave him na problem. can all you idiots pls make up your fucking mind. what he got is good. jungle justice or not. after all, only jungle justice works in 9ja with tentative results. at least they tried by arresting him first. if na me, na inside that goat pen i go finish am with his goat brothers. first major achievement by a nigerian govt since 1998. well done to yaradua and the soldiers.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 31, 2009
i am suprised at the suprise (i know) that the man was killed in custody - that has been the modus operandi of our police and soldiers for as long as i can remember

it would have been instructive to keep him alive to hear what he had to say - but police forces across the globe show no mercy to suspected cop killers much less naija where it is a regular thing
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by smyl4ogaga(m): 3:41pm On Jul 31, 2009
blacksta nice job there.who knows wether na police kill am or na him kill himself embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by MadMax1(f): 3:42pm On Jul 31, 2009
agabaI23:

The case of Gloria Okun quickly comes to mind.

Who says he is dead assuming  they truely arrested him?
What police force will publicly annouce that they have killed a man in detention forcing people to believe he is killed by voluteering a free view of his body?
The guy could have been ferried away to Niger like DOE.Dead for where?

The Nigerian Police Force na.
I did wonder at that, though. Like, We have killed him, come and look at his body if you don't believe us. Why would you think you wouldn't be believed in the first place? Even some high ranking Govt official was quoted by Reuters saying, "He's dead. I have gone to look at the body."
Na dem sabi. Lunatics.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by lannre(m): 3:43pm On Jul 31, 2009
onye_ngbu:

are you implying he is not there?

THATS IS BEYOND MY AUTHORITY TO SAY-GOD IS ALL KNOWING
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by dapsycool(m): 3:44pm On Jul 31, 2009
It's time I change nationality, I was with some people from different parts of the world yesterday, being the only black guy there, they were all curious to know more about me, where I come from bla bla bla. As usual, I was trying to convince them that Africa is not what they think it is, maybe they could visit Africa someday, Nigeria especially. Unfortunately, few minutes later the news was on YLE Tv, dead bodies of people, some horrible images, I felt so embarrassed angry angry  I think it's time to separate into 3, 4, 5, 6 or even 36  grin grin .

These northerners are definitely from another planet  cheesy cheesy , they should just team up with Niger republic.
To all Muslims, pls we are pimping planet Saturn on your behalf, from beginning of January 2010, ya'll move the f, k out of earth  tongue tongue tongue
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by generalzango(m): 3:45pm On Jul 31, 2009
Yara murder,have made the greatest mistake of his life on mother earth,for arrogantly,wickedly & opening using force to kill a scholar. N/L members,you must agree with me that "there is no smoke without fire". N/L let us look into these:- 1. Why was Uztaz Muhammad Yusuf shot without interrogation,even Lawerence Anini who was declared wanted for months did not face this humilation & sad death from the security agents. 2. The Uztaz,never preached against western education,because he is a masters degree holder,he only points out some implications in the western education. I listerned a debate between him (Uztaz) & a journalist,last year about western education. Why didn't they grant him free press? then we could have gotten his reasons. According to BBC hausa reporters,the sect members that were arrested by the military gave the reason that lead to their attack on the police station,They said "they were retaliating the death of there innocent members that were shot by the police in June.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by naijaking1: 3:52pm On Jul 31, 2009
oyb:

i am suprised at the suprise (i know) that the man was killed in custody - that has been the modus operandi of our police and soldiers for as long as i can remember

it would have been instructive to keep him alive to hear what he had to say - but police forces across the globe show no mercy to suspected cop killers much less naija where it is a regular thing

Because Nigerian police has been doing something wrong for too long doesn't justify it this time around. The situation could have been different if he had been killed in the goat pen, during arrest. No, they arrested, brought him to the police station, then killed him. For anybody with any criminal investigative mind, that ought to be very troubling.
Maybe, it wasn't him that they "killed", maybe they killed him to cover-up the real leader. Whatever the reason, it's still questionable.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by canuck(m): 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2009
Nigeria Police Force in its finest hour! They have mastered this practice (of killing accused persons who gave them some heat) for a long time.

I am not, in the least, surprised.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 31, 2009
naijaking1:

Because Nigerian police has been doing something wrong for too long doesn't justify it this time around. The situation could have been different if he had been killed in the goat pen, during arrest. No, they arrested, brought him to the police station, then killed him. For anybody with any criminal investigative mind, that ought to be very troubling.
Maybe, it wasn't him that they "killed", maybe they killed him to cover-up the real leader. Whatever the reason, it's still questionable.

you need to read my post again
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by otukpo(f): 4:22pm On Jul 31, 2009
Now i understand why Nigeria is a very difficult nation to rule. if we are 100 million in population, that is the same number of wishes we have. Which leader can ever satify that? No one.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by tushbobo(m): 4:28pm On Jul 31, 2009
What u guys dont seem to realise is that this guy has been known to be the architect of various killings in the north since 1995,arrested a couple of times and even charged to court after killing some people but was released.I am in total support of the fact that he was killed considering the agony he must have caused over 300 families in his last attack and this has nothing to do with militants in the niger delta.Taking him to court would have been a lot delay after which he might have still been a free man.We need to EXTERMINATE such wicked souls!!!
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by Meyour: 4:33pm On Jul 31, 2009
its very bad nd at d same time our government need a redress on d issue and make a degreee on such future occurence.[color=#990000][/color] angry
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by RichyBlacK(m): 4:56pm On Jul 31, 2009
Where are those supporters of the rapists and murderers in uniform known as the Nigerian Police Force? angry

See https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-303053.0.html

What happened at the Babcock University junction on the Sagamu /Ijebu-Ode Road, Ogun State, on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 between policemen on one hand and transporters and passengers on the other hand is better witnessed than imagined.
It was like a fairy tale, but it was true.

It was a day some policemen came down hard on some transporters for failing to ply the road at the night, thereby, denying them the opportunity to make some money from the usual extortion.

Daily Sun gathered that for daring to ‘starve’ them during the night, the angry cops insisted on collecting N1,000 from each commercial bus driver, whether luxury or small. Drivers of small vehicles who were unfortunate to be on the spot during the period of madness, were not spared. In the past, a lot had been written and said about some bandits who used to wear police uniform to rob road users at night within the same vicinity. Most affected were newspaper circulation van drivers, who have to drive in the night to distribute newspapers to different parts of the country and commercial bus drivers.

Some of the drivers have had cause to recount their ordeals in the hands of robbers in police uniform, operating in Sagamu and neighbouring towns.

But the recent incident was different, as the policemen, who were already aware of the ban on night journey and, in fact, the supposedly enforcers of the ban, began to scold and harass drivers for arriving the area about 6:15a.m, instead of running between 10 p.m and 2 a.m.

Daily Sun gathered that what the drivers usually do was to leave Lagos about 9 p.m and to park their vehicles before Sagamu, only to continue the journey about 6a.m, for fear of being attacked by the bandits in police uniform. It was further learnt that it has become the practice by the drivers, to now move in convoy.

An eyewitness told Daily Sun that more than 30 drivers of luxury buses and many drivers of trucks and small vehicles decided to call the bluff of the policemen and refused to pay the N1,000. The drivers’ action incurred the wrath of the angry-looking policemen, who at a point became violent. According to him, the policemen began to ask: ‘Why didn’t you pass here in the night? You will pay us N1,000, for denying us our rights.’

He explained that they began to shoot into the air, to intimidate the drivers to part with money but to no avail. The policemen were said to have shot at the tyres of a bus and wounded one of the passengers in the process. The action was said to have provoked the drivers and passengers, who used vehicles to barricade the road as a mark of protest, resulting in traffic bottleneck.

Mr. Dan Anumaka, a passenger in one of the buses, said he had to discontinue the journey to the east and came back to Lagos, as the fracas lasted for several hours. Many people allegedly sustained injuries while a Jetta Executive car marked, DA 387LSD, belonging to the police and a small house located in the bush, suspected to be the policemen’s hideout were set ablaze.
When the angry passengers, drivers and mob stormed the building, they were shocked to find condoms, pants, female shoes, wallets, among others.

An Armoured Personnel Carrier(APC) with registration number NPF 676C was later brought to the scene to douse the tension.

Lamenting the incident, Anumaka decried the nefarious activities of the robbers in police uniform and suggested that a combined team of policemen and soldiers be drafted to the Babcock junction, which he described as a black spot.

He, however, appealed to the government not to lift the ban on night journey. Narrating what transpired between them and the police that fateful night, a driver with Evergreen transport company, who gave his name as Chiboy, disclosed that when the drivers refused to pay the N1,000, the policemen shot at his vehicle before shifting attention to another one and ordered the passengers to alight from the bus. “It was at this time that they shot one of the passengers,” he said.

Another driver, who simply identified himself as Henry also narrated how the policemen tortured him. He wondered why the police could carry two guns each. “Who owns the extra guns we found in the bush,” he queried.

Kelvin, a passenger in one of the luxury buses belonging to Izu Chukwu Transport said: “The condoms we found in the hideout is a proof that they are not here to protect life and property, but to rape innocent women.

Another passenger, Linus, appealed to the government to deploy a team of soldiers, naval personnel and more policemen to the area as it was done at Night Mile-Benue Road, arguing that it would help reduce crime rate in the area. Meanwhile, the angry drivers have appealed to the police authorities to save them from the hands of the policemen, whom they accused of being responsible for robbery attacks in the area, and to bring those behind the July 22, 2009, incident to justice.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/crimewatch/2009/july/30/crimewatch-30-07-2009-001.htm
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by mabimi: 5:02pm On Jul 31, 2009
has anybody seen the guy's corpse, cos i dont believe all this story.
this is NIGERIA undecided
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by sley4life(m): 5:11pm On Jul 31, 2009
whats the real cause of his death? No speculation here
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by sley4life(m): 5:13pm On Jul 31, 2009
what next
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by Fhemmmy: 5:15pm On Jul 31, 2009
sley4life:

what next

wait some weeks and see who will take over from Yusuf.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by sherrylo: 5:18pm On Jul 31, 2009
If the guy is dead then I don't believe the riot was just religious,and if the guy isn't and the police are lying then it is still not mere religious! i think there is more to this than religion! some people stand some chances of benefiting form crisis like this. I stand to be corrected please!.
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by Fhemmmy: 5:20pm On Jul 31, 2009
sherry lo:

If the guy is dead then I don't believe the riot was just religious,and if the guy isn't and the police are lying then it is still not mere religious! i think there is more to this than religion! some people stand some chances of benefiting form crisis like this. I stand to be corrected please!.

in every situation, good or bad, some people will stand to be benefited, that is just the rule of engagement
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 31, 2009
nigerian police will obviously have disposed of the corpse -

do you think they want records of the horrenduous beating they must have given him before they shot him in cold blood?

i don't know where all this ignorance of police methods is coming from - people are spinning absurd conspiracy theories
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by idupaul: 5:32pm On Jul 31, 2009
Me think its a good thing the idiot was killed,before he starts getting cult type sympathy
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by Henryk(m): 6:27pm On Jul 31, 2009
they asked for this
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by isiegbe(m): 6:41pm On Jul 31, 2009
Our own Nigeria dont even want to compar her self with rest of the world . Didnt you see what America did with most wanted Sadam Hussein. They took time to get more infor from him. The short and long of whole story is that the people who fund those islamist dont want their name mentioned . How can you tell me that its just becaus they dont like western culture . That is why they kill people. My brother they just triggered off what i call militancy
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by Beaf: 6:51pm On Jul 31, 2009
isiegbe:

Our own Nigeria dont even want to compar her self with rest of the world . Didnt you see what America did with most wanted Sadam Hussein. They took time to get more infor from him. The short and long of whole story is that the people who fund those islamist dont want their name mentioned . How can you tell me that its just becaus they dont like western culture . That is why they kill people. My brother they just triggered off what i call militancy

Exactly! Don't we have the death sentence that we can use to follow process?

At least, one ex Borno state govt official was a member of Boko Haram http://www.africasia.com/services/news/newsitem.php?area=africa&item=090731161920.qtqhn0rh.php
Re: Detained Nigerian Sect Head 'Dead' - Breaking News by dfanthom(m): 7:11pm On Jul 31, 2009
i believe the guy was hurriedly butchered so he doesn't spill the beans on some prominent people that can be implicated in this quagmire.
secondly, once identified as a cop killer, ur lifespan is highly reduced exponentially! anywhere in the world, however it's more bizarre & barbaric in africa!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Abdulrazaq Decries Mass Failure Of Kwara Students In UTME / Adebayo Adelabu: Nigeria Gets 40,000MW Power From Generators / Ijaws Or Yorubas Who Own Ondo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.