Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,591 members, 7,955,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:50 PM

Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? (25985 Views)

I Hate Tecno Camon Cm / Tecno Phones Are Not Working In USA, See Instant Solutions! / I Hate Tecno Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by kolexepana: 8:49am On Apr 12, 2016
Kamaye:
tell that to a novice! I have used at least 5 Tecno phones and 5 Gionee phones, two infinix phones so I'm in a best position to judge for myself which one is more durable, but definitely it's not Tecno.
You said Tecno isn't durable yet you used 5 of their phones. *sigh* embarassed

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by TohKunBoh: 9:21am On Apr 12, 2016
Kamaye:
didn't you understand the English? I have "used" not "using". The word "used" is a past tense.

Whatever,why would a sane person buy 12 phones in his lifetime.. How old are you?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by addinfo77: 9:22am On Apr 12, 2016
Africanman123:
Lol... Reminds me of the movie The Interview. "they hate us cos the ain't us"

i believe its comes from phones that dont perform up to their professed abilities......
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Xhaka(m): 9:32am On Apr 12, 2016
Its amazing how people criticize 'em especially Nigerians, they never appreciate good things.
They'd give you Durable and Affordable gadgets, yet you'll still hate on 'em. embarassed
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by ShiroSan: 10:02am On Apr 12, 2016
Kamaye:
didn't you understand the English? I have "used" not "using". The word "used" is a past tense.

Okay, nice then.
What type of Tecno phones have you used?
Have u used J8, please how is it?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by ShiroSan: 10:28am On Apr 12, 2016
addinfo77:

he might be a businessman....irrespective of what he does, gionee has definitely an eye opener

Are you saying Gionee is better than Tecno or vice versa?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by addinfo77: 10:56am On Apr 12, 2016
ShiroSan:

yes i am
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by saxby(f): 6:43am On Apr 13, 2016
One thing I know about NL ppl is that they love to follow the crowd... Any thing majority says others would follow sheepishly. OP no mind them. Most of the people bashing the phone actually use the phone.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by addinfo77: 9:05am On Apr 13, 2016
Africanman123:
Lol... Reminds me of the movie The Interview. "they hate us cos the ain't us"
i wont call it hate though, tecno came with various phones for various segments but now reverse is the case...
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by addinfo77: 1:08pm On Apr 13, 2016
ShiroSan:

am using use it and discover the difference
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by oginineme(f): 4:07pm On Apr 13, 2016
G what?? Op is talking TECNO you talking nonsense [ quote author=addinfo77 post=44610273]
he might be a businessman....irrespective of what he does, gionee has definitely an eye opener[/quote]
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Mandymore: 4:25pm On Apr 13, 2016
oginineme:
G what?? Op is talking TECNO you talking nonsense [ quote author=addinfo77 post=44610273]
he might be a businessman....irrespective of what he does, gionee has definitely an eye opener
as in,, the phone is.... Which other Android phone boasts of reverse charging mode
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by topradar4(f): 5:30pm On Apr 13, 2016
Xhaka:
Its amazing how people criticize 'em especially Nigerians, they never appreciate good things.
They'd give you Durable and Affordable gadgets, yet you'll still hate on 'em. embarassed

Interesting Thread, This is Supposed to make FP.

Cc. Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Seun
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by TrollinStone: 9:00am On Apr 14, 2016
Marvell23:
But I don't think Nigerians hate Tecno. Tecno is most loved in Nigeria here from their feature phones to Android. In fact I sell more of Tecno phones as Jumia agent than any other brands

Surprise. I thought it would be Nokia and Samsung. So which phones are those bashing Tecno buying?? They too should come n give review on theirs now.

TohKunBoh:

Whatever,why would a sane person buy 12 phones in his lifetime.. How old are you?

Same thing I'm wondering. Why are you using so many phones? u dey run call centre??
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by selfdefence: 11:51pm On Apr 14, 2016
Nwokoji1:
OP, I'm Happy you Said they have Significantly Improved the Quality of their Products. Hence the Reason why People Talk more about their Products. The Bashing might come from some selected Few Who are hell bent on Denting the imagine of the Phones but It amount to Nothing. So go ahead and get the Phone for your sister, I Suggest a Tecno Boom J8, The Phone is awesome.

Yeah they have really improved on the performance and quality of their phones. No wonder they`re giving other bigger phone brands a run for their money.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by tope004(f): 6:43am On Apr 15, 2016
Some are just too heavy
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by ipledge10(m): 6:44am On Apr 15, 2016
MizMyColi:
Me, anything I like and I'm passionate about, I give it my all.

I remember when I was actively supporting Jonathan in Politics section. Some said I had sold my soul to the devil. Others said I've been PAID to do so. Worse still, some alleged that I was sleeping with major PDP folks at the time, when in reality, I haven't met any.

What's my point you might ask?

Y'see, lately, I developed a thing for this Boom J8 headset which is apparently due to my love for music.
Earlier, courtesy my good friend, I handled a Phantom 5 phone.
And then I saw for myself that Tecno is not as bad as people make it to be.

For all we know, there might be a small group of people on here who are being paid to demonise or discredit Tecno by God knows who.

I'm yet to get myself the boom J8 because my work schedule has not quite allowed me the time to visit computer village, but that not withstanding, I spend a sizeable amount of time online reading up stuff about the phone, it's headset, pros and cons.
Sometimes, I personally search for threads on the topic just to read others opinion.

Having had a feel of it once, and seeing how good it looked on those I saw it on (the headset, I mean)...I have been kinda crazy about it.

As long as I see Boom J8 discussions going on anywhere, I will contribute and praise as I deem fit. So if anyone deems it fit to accuse me of being a paid agent, that's in their pocket. cheesy
I will only stop when a better gadget catches my fancy.

Tecno as far as I'm concerned have come a long way. Personally, I am appreciative of how they rose from being a mobile phone underdog to a brand that one wants to associate with.

I'm not saying they have it all panned out, there are a few glitches here and there, but hey...who doesn't have their unique challenge?

How does that answer op's question? Abi who your support don epp?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by blesoh(f): 6:46am On Apr 15, 2016
Am using an infinix hot note before now I didn't like the product but after using this phone I think I love it, its just the best.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by glossy6(f): 6:54am On Apr 15, 2016
I am not a person that follows the bandwagon & so bought a techno phone because i liked it and at a point its charging point went bad and could not be fixed. I got excited when my colleagues introduced the new techno P7 to. i went ahead to buy it. After some time the charging point got bad again and i felt so bad. To worsen the situation, the screen display was dull because the screen was not scratch protected.

My decision is to avoid the Techno brand

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Minesota1(f): 6:56am On Apr 15, 2016
People hate progress its natural...
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by hedonistic: 7:00am On Apr 15, 2016
I blame it entirely on Tecno's lack of brand prestige and cachet. It has somehow managed to epitomise the 'China Phone' derogation that implies inferiority.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by topradar4(f): 7:05am On Apr 15, 2016
glossy6:
I am not a person that follows the bandwagon & so bought a techno phone because i liked it and at a point its charging point went bad and could not be fixed. I got excited when my colleagues introduced the new techno P7 to. i went ahead to buy it. After some time the charging point got bad again and i felt so bad. To worsen the situation, the screen display was dull because the screen was not scratch protected.

My decision is to avoid the Techno brand

Well, I'm sorry for what you went through. It might be one of The defects of that particular phone. But hey common Tecno Phones have Significantly Improved in Quality. Their Latest products are Superb and every one is talking about, Trying to get it. Every Manufacturer of anything had their Beginning Days, Hence Tecno has grown pass that phase.

BTW it's Tecno not Techno. grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by akphrat(m): 7:05am On Apr 15, 2016
I like TECNO bt let them change the way they write TECNO at the back and front of their phone. May be like dis sha [i]I like TECNO bt let them change the way they write TECNO at the back and front of their phone. May be like dis sha [/i]I like TECNO bt let them change the way they write TECNO at the back and front of their phone. May be like dis sha techo
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:06am On Apr 15, 2016
yet a large number of Nigerians use tecno phones
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Nwokoji1: 7:10am On Apr 15, 2016
hedonistic:
I blame it entirely on Tecno's lack of brand prestige and cachet. It has somehow managed to epitomise the 'China Phone' derogation that implies inferiority.

I agree with you that their Brand and Prestige has to be Properly Managed, And I think they're Seriously working on that. The New Phone they Recently Released Futher prove on their Quest for a Better Perception from Nigeria. From what the OP said, People just hate them for no Reason. This Notion is Wrong!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Cliveglobal1(m): 7:13am On Apr 15, 2016
Emeskhalifa:
yet a large number of Nigerians use tecno phones

Yes, Tecno boasts of a Large Number of Nigerian Customers. Very soon, They'll be a House Hold Name and Era of "China Phone" would be Over.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by toprealman: 7:14am On Apr 15, 2016
They are not durable.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:16am On Apr 15, 2016
Cliveglobal1:

Yes, Tecno boasts of a Large Number of Nigerian Customers. Very soon, They'll be a House Hold Name and Era of "China Phone" would be Over.
dats ttru
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by DJEhimond(m): 7:18am On Apr 15, 2016
Peeps who bash Tecno phones are probably posting that 'beef' on Nairaland with the same Tecno phone. #Winphan
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by tottinova: 7:20am On Apr 15, 2016
Iceman296:
I use a Samsung Galaxy 5, Incredible Phone with Lovely Features, But I noticed any thread bearing Tecno always get the Bashing of its life.

So My Question is Why do Nigerians still Stigmatize Tecno Phones with How they were initially? Why are they hated both Online and Physically? Why do people tag their Fans "Paid Agents" when they come to Talk about the Phone here.

I Plan on getting a New Phone for my Kid Sister, I'm Considering Tecno or Infinix because they've Significantly Improved and it's very Affordable in this Economy but the Bashing this Phones get Make me think otherwise.

Let's Hear your Thoughts.

lalsticlala, obinoscopy, ishilove, seun

Because it's china
No matter what they create
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 15, 2016
Tecno is good but it always developes one or another company issue/fault that emerges over time. That's for the most Tecnos I have used.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by RitzyPrince(m): 7:26am On Apr 15, 2016
had course mates that use Tecno phones back then in school, I just couldn't stand myself using a Tecno phone at all reason been:
1. There Phones are beautiful no doubt about that, but there beauty can't stand the test of time…within a maximum of 4 months you start noticing decline, case paints starts pealing off its plastic body since they use substandard materials in making their Units so as to cut price of production ceteris paribus beating selling price.
You can look at your Tecno phone that's a year old embarassed comparing with the mover and shaker of the smartphone realm APPLE  I've been on my iPhone 5 for 3yrs and counting but on sight of it u will still fall in love with it, still as new as i bought it kiss
Just please avoid Tecno substandard junks, but who am I to tell you what to do?? lipsrsealed
My name is RITZYPRINCE and I just want to make common sense cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Play And Download Youtube Videos Using BIS / My Personal Review Of The HTC ONE M8 / Which Smartphone Brand Is Your Favorite And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.