Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? (25548 Views)

I Hate Tecno Camon Cm / Tecno Phones Are Not Working In USA, See Instant Solutions! / I Hate Tecno Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by deeplow: 7:26am On Apr 15, 2016
It is hated because some people here will not let us hear word. They will keep saying it is better than Iphone, and how people who buy them instead of Tecno are wasting money...very disrespectful.

Use your Tecno in peace and respect other people's choices.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Sike(m): 7:26am On Apr 15, 2016
Gionee is the best
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by folks4luv(f): 7:36am On Apr 15, 2016
selfdefence:

Boom J8 for 41k

Does Tecno have good phones with superb camera quality that is around 26k??

undecided
if u want a phone with s superb camera at that price range, go for infinix, guess hot 3 is 26,500 or so. guess that'll do
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 15, 2016
Kamaye:
your post highlight one of the reasons why some nairalanders hate Tecno with passion! How on earth do you expect a person with fair knowledge of smartphones buy that power bank for 26k? When the likes of Infinix Hot2 and Gionee P5W all selling below 25k? As at now, there's no Tecno phone with similar specs with those two phones I mentioned that is selling below 30k.
Due to devaluation of naira that product was increased.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 15, 2016
I think the reason some people hate Tecno and tag some members paid agents is cos of blatant lies they come up with.

When Camon 8 debuted. It was compared to iphone 6 In the camera department. How can an old generation sensor used in that Camon 8 be better than the newer customised version used on iPhone 6. They went as far as declaring it better.

They proceeded informing people about it been upgraded to the next android version which hasn't seen the light of the day till this moment.

Now my point is an average Nigerian don't know much about phones besides it's design and camera. But there are most to phones that these two.

When the boom j8 was debuted I was among the first to criticise it just for one thing which is the operating system version that was used in it. It's a 2016 phone, why would Tecno release such phone at the rate of 41k with a 2014 OS?

Marshmallow has been out there for 6 months plus and Android N will be available in few months time which will make Lollipop which the boom j8 is based on 2 generations back. Would they release such a phone with an old OS at the rate in a sane clime? We shouldn't settle for less. They aren't doing anybody any favours. It's simply business and you have to be in your A game

Why deny their fans the chance to flex on the newest version of OS? If it would be able to be Upgradeable to the next version then no problem but it won't even though some fans claim it will.

Edited : you can't fault people that call them paid agents. They would open a different threads on each phone and hype the hell outta it. The boom j8 had close to 10 threads already. Now tell me why they won't be called pain agents

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by OutOnBail(m): 7:43am On Apr 15, 2016
If you love flashing different custom roms, mods, loads of customizations then you'll def not look the techno, infinix and gionee side cos developers don't go their route. Check xda and I bet you might not see a single topic on techno which has developer support, however u could be lucky to see gionee support cos it has lots of followers beyond shores of Africa. So for me, that's the reason I don't go near such phones. Secondly, theIr designs are whack and look too similar. No design aesthetics.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by cutekhalifa(m): 7:45am On Apr 15, 2016
To me Tecno rock grin cheesy cheesy
Before I sincerely hate that phone with passion, but after I manage to make use of my gf tecno android phone for 2weeks, I practically fall in love with there brands... The durability of the bar3 is awesome, the flexibility is rocking... Since then I make use of other brand...
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Greatidonis: 7:45am On Apr 15, 2016
God bless, Kia can never perform durably like Range Toyota or even Honda.....
RitzyPrince:
had course mates that use Tecno phones back then in school, I just couldn't stand myself using a Tecno phone at all reason been:
1. There Phones are beautiful no doubt about that, but there beauty can't stand the test of time…within a maximum of 4 months you start noticing decline, case paints starts pealing off its plastic body since they use substandard materials in making their Units so as to cut price of production ceteris paribus beating selling price.
You can look at your Tecno phone that's a year old embarassed comparing with the mover and shaker of the smartphone realm APPLE  I've been on my iPhone 5 for 3yrs and counting but on sight of it u will still fall in love with it, still as new as i bought it kiss
Just please avoid Tecno substandard junks, but who am I to tell you what to do?? lipsrsealed
My name is RITZYPRINCE and I just want to make common sense cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by FrozeBABE: 8:03am On Apr 15, 2016
Get it for ur kind sister then..abi u no get money grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 15, 2016
Africanman123:
Lol... Reminds me of the movie The Interview. "they hate us cos the ain't us"
end time phones, me, I'm just managing my Blackberry Q10, even though facebook has stopped working, i'm just saying ooo
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by FrozeBABE: 8:05am On Apr 15, 2016
If u yet her kiai I wi com n fyog u grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by focus7: 8:17am On Apr 15, 2016
Op life is ironically funny, some will like and some dislike so it is with Techno. But if I must tell techno phone has more fan base in Nigeria than those that doesn't like it, if you must know techno is a good product, though I am not using techno but I have used techno before and it did really served me well.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by feldido(m): 8:21am On Apr 15, 2016
I don't hate Tecno phones but I hate their prices, they were doing good Untill they launched Phantom 5 which to me shouldn't be above 40k, Mehn that phones hardware is rubbish, a premium phone supposed to be built with premium materials and not plastic and poor display(720x1080).
And lastly Tecno needs to improve on their handling of OTA updates just as Infinix is doing. Their Developers are not trying at all, Periodic updates improves the phone's productivity.

My 2cents
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Rimamsirufun(m): 9:17am On Apr 15, 2016
Iceman296:
I use a Samsung Galaxy 5, Incredible Phone with Lovely Features, But I noticed any thread bearing Tecno always get the Bashing of its life.

So My Question is Why do Nigerians still Stigmatize Tecno Phones with How they were initially? Why are they hated both Online and Physically? Why do people tag their Fans "Paid Agents" when they come to Talk about the Phone here.

I Plan on getting a New Phone for my Kid Sister, I'm Considering Tecno or Infinix because they've Significantly Improved and it's very Affordable in this Economy but the Bashing this Phones get Make me think otherwise.

Let's Hear your Thoughts.

lalsticlala, obinoscopy, ishilove, seun

First reason is pride
Second reason is Joblessness
Third reason is jealousy.
#Tecno-is-still-very-good. #JESUS_SAVES
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Dbrainiac1(m): 9:22am On Apr 15, 2016
Iceman296:
I use a Samsung Galaxy 5, Incredible Phone with Lovely Features, But I noticed any thread bearing Tecno always get the Bashing of its life.

So My Question is Why do Nigerians still Stigmatize Tecno Phones with How they were initially? Why are they hated both Online and Physically? Why do people tag their Fans "Paid Agents" when they come to Talk about the Phone here.

I Plan on getting a New Phone for my Kid Sister, I'm Considering Tecno or Infinix because they've Significantly Improved and it's very Affordable in this Economy but the Bashing this Phones get Make me think otherwise.

Let's Hear your Thoughts.

lalsticlala, obinoscopy, ishilove, seun
I'm allergic to tecnoooo

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by viscocom(m): 9:26am On Apr 15, 2016
de highest selling phone in africa is tecno and one of de best phone nw in mkt
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 15, 2016
As soon as tecno fans see this thread they're like hungry cheetahs chasing their next meal....coming here to defend a useless product from a substandard company just makes you make a fool of yourself....if tecno phones are so good Why haven't they been accepted in the other parts of the world Like xaomi and the likes....they come here dump their trash,pay jobless fellows to hype it and eventually deceive gullible folks to buy it...now its boom j8 and phantom 5 abi 7...lets see if those phones make it past this year without developing one fault or the other

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Marinza(m): 9:36am On Apr 15, 2016
Well.... Like i have said before, the name is what people hate. People refuse to forget them from their loud assd cheap phones. They have improved though, and I doubt everyone hates it, just a bunch of people do so get if u wanna.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by abbeyafu(m): 9:49am On Apr 15, 2016
Take it or Leave it, Tecno brand has made smartphones affordable to many Nigerians. Like other brands, they have their flaws, no doubt but they have so much improved recently. Lastly, they have resale value. ( if u don't believe it, just check on OLX).
Seriously, kudos to Gionee, they are bringing out some "korrect" phones in the market.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 15, 2016
Deleted
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by oluadedamola: 10:15am On Apr 15, 2016
Samsung can brand a cup and sell for 100naira
Techno brands cup and it's sold for 50. Both Cups have same features. Everything is packaging. Even techno has 10mp camera and does Instagram too. I can't go and buy phone of 100k plus cos of effizy and later it gets broken or stolen 'gbese' wen in their country most of them still use SAGEM. Techno mobile isn't sleeker but stronger and affordable. Anyways I use Nokia X2 grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by morganwizzy55(m): 10:18am On Apr 15, 2016
MizMyColi:
Me, anything I like and I'm passionate about, I give it my all.

I remember when I was actively supporting Jonathan in Politics section. Some said I had sold my soul to the devil. Others said I've been PAID to do so. Worse still, some alleged that I was sleeping with major PDP folks at the time, when in reality, I haven't met any.

What's my point you might ask?

Y'see, lately, I developed a thing for this Boom J8 headset which is apparently due to my love for music.
Earlier, courtesy my good friend, I handled a Phantom 5 phone.
And then I saw for myself that Tecno is not as bad as people make it to be.

For all we know, there might be a small group of people on here who are being paid to demonise or discredit Tecno by God knows who.

I'm yet to get myself the boom J8 because my work schedule has not quite allowed me the time to visit computer village, but that not withstanding, I spend a sizeable amount of time online reading up stuff about the phone, it's headset, pros and cons.
Sometimes, I personally search for threads on the topic just to read others opinion.

Having had a feel of it once, and seeing how good it looked on those I saw it on (the headset, I mean)...I have been kinda crazy about it.

As long as I see Boom J8 discussions going on anywhere, I will contribute and praise as I deem fit. So if anyone deems it fit to accuse me of being a paid agent, that's in their pocket. cheesy
I will only stop when a better gadget catches my fancy.

Tecno as far as I'm concerned have come a long way. Personally, I am appreciative of how they rose from being a mobile phone underdog to a brand that one wants to associate with.

I'm not saying they have it all panned out, there are a few glitches here and there, but hey...who doesn't have their unique challenge?

Long story, even the op hit the point immediately...

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by airsaylongcon: 11:00am On Apr 15, 2016
More tecno phones are sold than Samsung or Apple or worefa. Tecno (with Infinix) holds a 44% of the Nigerian mobile devices market. #Fact

So if Nigerians don't like them why are they selling like hot cake
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by ikombe: 11:02am On Apr 15, 2016
Kamaye:
tell that to a novice! I have used at least 5 Tecno phones and 5 Gionee phones, two infinix phones so I'm in a best position to judge for myself which one is more durable, but definitely it's not Tecno.
pix of all of them while you were using dem or u

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by johnjameson: 11:23am On Apr 15, 2016
Hate? not so much but maybe based on the fact that when they first started it was more of china based phones but they've grown so much now.... My opinion tho
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by thatintrovert: 11:34am On Apr 15, 2016
don't hate techno....I just prefer to use phones like Samsung etc coz there can be so much tweak like custom roms etc done on phones like that....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Mydappy: 11:43am On Apr 15, 2016
I will give you 5000 followers on Twitter without following people call 09054338456
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Nweike1: 11:43am On Apr 15, 2016
in my humble opinion, techno phones are not durable. I bought R7 in 2014 @ 42k, and after less than 6 months the screen became unresponsive. Had to change the screen, later other problems. Gave out the phone exactly 8 months after buying it. The person I dashed it to, gave it to her baby to use as a toy 1 month after

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by creed266: 11:49am On Apr 15, 2016
Durability..... can techno last for long without packing up? I used a techno phone that just lasted 7months before it started giving issues
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by petkoffdrake2(m): 11:53am On Apr 15, 2016
MizMyColi:
Me, anything I like and I'm passionate about, I give it my all.

I remember when I was actively supporting Jonathan in Politics section. Some said I had sold my soul to the devil. Others said I've been PAID to do so. Worse still, some alleged that I was sleeping with major PDP folks at the time, when in reality, I haven't met any.

What's my point you might ask?

Y'see, lately, I developed a thing for this Boom J8 headset which is apparently due to my love for music.
Earlier, courtesy my good friend, I handled a Phantom 5 phone.
And then I saw for myself that Tecno is not as bad as people make it to be.

For all we know, there might be a small group of people on here who are being paid to demonise or discredit Tecno by God knows who.

I'm yet to get myself the boom J8 because my work schedule has not quite allowed me the time to visit computer village, but that not withstanding, I spend a sizeable amount of time online reading up stuff about the phone, it's headset, pros and cons.
Sometimes, I personally search for threads on the topic just to read others opinion.

Having had a feel of it once, and seeing how good it looked on those I saw it on (the headset, I mean)...I have been kinda crazy about it.

As long as I see Boom J8 discussions going on anywhere, I will contribute and praise as I deem fit. So if anyone deems it fit to accuse me of being a paid agent, that's in their pocket. cheesy
I will only stop when a better gadget catches my fancy.

Tecno as far as I'm concerned have come a long way. Personally, I am appreciative of how they rose from being a mobile phone underdog to a brand that one wants to associate with.

I'm not saying they have it all panned out, there are a few glitches here and there, but hey...who doesn't have their unique challenge?

But am making use of itel1505... Will mine receive bashing too? embarassed
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Harlequin17: 12:00pm On Apr 15, 2016
nonsense let the bashing continue as long as techno keeps on improving... then they are good to go
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Arckeen: 12:04pm On Apr 15, 2016
Because say na nonsense phone . #teamIphone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Unboxing Pictures Of The Tecno Phonepad 3 / Etisalat Nigeria Blackberry 10 Plans / Pictures From TECNO CAMON 19 Mondrian Edition Exhibition In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.