Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,551 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? (25610 Views)

I Hate Tecno Camon Cm / Tecno Phones Are Not Working In USA, See Instant Solutions! / I Hate Tecno Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by SirAweezy(m): 12:24pm On Apr 15, 2016
The truth is when you have Money you buy a better phone and "not Tecno" which is never amongst world brand phones. Anyway Use your Tecno... use your infinix it's you! You define what you want and how you want it. But pray life uplift you, so many perception that defines you will change!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by inosend: 2:51pm On Apr 15, 2016
I am a TECNOcrat.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by nellyelitz(m): 3:18pm On Apr 15, 2016
Am currently using a tecno phone but planning to get a new phone soonest...
But my reservation with this brand has always been its lifespan, I feel a Samsung product has a better lifespan than tecno and am not used to changing phones very often since I've been a longtime user of Nokia which which we know how durable Nokia is.

I've read a lot about current improvements on tecno especially the current ones in the market and I must say its very fascinating.

If their picture quality, durability, battery and processing speed can improve then I'll buy tecno again. My budget is about 40k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by nellyelitz(m): 3:23pm On Apr 15, 2016
Please I have a question...

Does tweaking your phone (like routing and changing of imei can have any effect on its workability.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Ekii(f): 3:55pm On Apr 15, 2016
[quote author=akphrat post=44715397]I like TECNO bt let them change the way they write TECNO at the back and front of their phone. May be like dis sha [i]I like TECNO bt let them change the way they write TECNO at the back and front of their phone. May be like dis sha [/i]I like TECNO bt let them change the way they write TECNO at the back and front of their phone. May be like dis sha techo [/quo

Wetin u dey talk sef?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by akphrat(m): 4:24pm On Apr 15, 2016
[quote author=Ekii post=44729734][/quote] ibere na question
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by klinro(m): 5:29pm On Apr 15, 2016
Kamaye:
tell that to a novice! I have used at least 5 Tecno phones and 5 Gionee phones, two infinix phones so I'm in a best position to judge for myself which one is more durable, but definitely it's not Tecno.

Please are you related to Lai Mohammed??
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Cliveglobal1(m): 5:59pm On Apr 15, 2016
nellyelitz:
Am currently using a tecno phone but planning to get a new phone soonest...
But my reservation with this brand has always been its lifespan, I feel a Samsung product has a better lifespan than tecno and am not used to changing phones very often since I've been a longtime user of Nokia which which we know how durable Nokia is.

I've read a lot about current improvements on tecno especially the current ones in the market and I must say its very fascinating.

If their picture quality, durability, battery and processing speed can improve then I'll buy tecno again. My budget is about 40k

Then you have no Problem, Check out the new Tecno Boom J8, It's Exactly the Phone you need with the Under listed Features you mentioned. I'm sure you won't Regret it.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by cybriz82(m): 10:43am On Apr 16, 2016
I like d fone but hate d name TECNO.dat logo det shud change d name just like pluto mars or jupiter.most people dnt value tecno cus iz too cheap.buyin iphone6 iz like investment u cn till sell it n wudnt regret it.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by investment247: 7:48pm On Apr 16, 2016
tope004:
Some are just too heavy

Not all o. Some are just unbelievably light wink
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Piusman: 1:00pm On Apr 18, 2016
True tecno improved remarkably but comparing them with the like of Samsumg, IPhone, Sony etc is quite ridiculous
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by tymajek: 1:09pm On Apr 18, 2016
Don't know bout y'all but i'm balling with the tecno brand. What is so special about these other brands that Tecno doesn't have?
If they don't have it yet i'm sure they're working towards achieving it cos they're come far from where they initially were. and i must say, the boom J8 rocks!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by tymajek: 8:33pm On Apr 21, 2016
Some Nigerians really despise tecno products

Cliveglobal1:
Well OP, That's Your Opinion. I think Tecno Phones are Good and their Recent Products are Fantastic. I don't think Nigerians Hate Tecno Products like you just Opined, Bashing here on Nairaland don't Necessarily mean it's the Entirety of Nigerians.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by stevepeters: 4:09pm On Apr 24, 2016
So instead of people to say "China phones" they will now say "Tecno phones"?

Cliveglobal1:

Yes, Tecno boasts of a Large Number of Nigerian Customers. Very soon, They'll be a House Hold Name and Era of "China Phone" would be Over.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Cliveglobal1(m): 12:27pm On Apr 26, 2016
stevepeters:

LOL, That's also very Wrong. There are Lots of other Phone Manufacturers in China. Like Huawei & Xaiomi. So don't Single Tecno out.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by gingerman876: 5:27pm On Apr 26, 2016
Only the less informed will bash TECNO for no reason..
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by omoalajah(m): 5:44pm On Apr 26, 2016
Wow, this your post makes so much sense, but havent you seen rich people that still use TECNO Phones?
SirAweezy:
The truth is when you have Money you buy a better phone and "not Tecno" which is never amongst world brand phones. Anyway Use your Tecno... use your infinix it's you! You define what you want and how you want it. But pray life uplift you, so many perception that defines you will change!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by 360koncepts: 5:56pm On Apr 26, 2016
Abi o, they wont just stop seeing TECNO has China brand whereas the brand has developed so much
gingerman876:
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by yinka360nl1: 6:17pm On Apr 26, 2016
Simply Put: TECNO is just a benchmark to which all other MTK deviecs are being measured.
stevepeters:

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by SirAweezy(m): 6:07am On Apr 27, 2016
omoalajah:
Wow, this your post makes so much sense, but havent you seen rich people that still use TECNO Phones?

Those are people who don't have preference to a particular phone, they just use a phone because it's ok and it's fine.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by flexcity82: 6:27am On Apr 27, 2016
gone are the days when Tecno phones are horrible. some people cant even afford to buy the phantom5.
Iceman296:
I use a Samsung Galaxy 5, Incredible Phone with Lovely Features, But I noticed any thread bearing Tecno always get the Bashing of its life.

So My Question is Why do Nigerians still Stigmatize Tecno Phones with How they were initially? Why are they hated both Online and Physically? Why do people tag their Fans "Paid Agents" when they come to Talk about the Phone here.

I Plan on getting a New Phone for my Kid Sister, I'm Considering Tecno or Infinix because they've Significantly Improved and it's very Affordable in this Economy but the Bashing this Phones get Make me think otherwise.

Let's Hear your Thoughts.

lalsticlala, obinoscopy, ishilove, seun
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by flexcity82: 6:28am On Apr 27, 2016
I know someone that uses an iphone 6+ and tecno phantom 5.
SirAweezy:

Those are people who don't have preference to a particular phone, they just use a phone because it's ok and it's fine.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by SirAweezy(m): 7:03am On Apr 27, 2016
flexcity82:
I know someone that uses an iphone 6+ and tecno phantom 5.

That's what I am saying give them any phone so far it's good they will use it... unlike me I have straight preference to phone I can use because I needed some things in it more also I am never an android fan even though I use a Tab, but as I type it covered all in dust right now. My BlackBerry Passport does it for me and my business anyday.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by mosjames: 12:54pm On Apr 27, 2016
gingerman876:
Those that their IQ is very low
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by flexcity82: 1:19pm On Apr 27, 2016
I have not tried the passport, but I personally have hatred for blackberry since 2009. Maybe the priv will change my mind.
SirAweezy:

That's what I am saying give them any phone so far it's good they will use it... unlike me I have straight preference to phone I can use because I needed some things in it more also I am never an android fan even though I use a Tab, but as I type it covered all in dust right now. My BlackBerry Passport does it for me and my business anyday.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by SirAweezy(m): 3:51pm On Apr 27, 2016
flexcity82:
I have not tried the passport, but I personally have hatred for blackberry since 2009. Maybe the priv will change my mind.

Don't try anything blackberry andriod yet, I believe they will come up with something better than priv... Passport still surpasses priv anyday my 2kobo!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Damiandark01: 3:56pm On Apr 27, 2016
I think it has to do with how they started and the noise they make on their aversge phones. Nigerians would always call their phones chinko no matter what.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by windyjosezy: 7:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
I've not met anyone who hates tecno phones
Iceman296:
I use a Samsung Galaxy 5, Incredible Phone with Lovely Features, But I noticed any thread bearing Tecno always get the Bashing of its life.

So My Question is Why do Nigerians still Stigmatize Tecno Phones with How they were initially? Why are they hated both Online and Physically? Why do people tag their Fans "Paid Agents" when they come to Talk about the Phone here.

I Plan on getting a New Phone for my Kid Sister, I'm Considering Tecno or Infinix because they've Significantly Improved and it's very Affordable in this Economy but the Bashing this Phones get Make me think otherwise.

Let's Hear your Thoughts.

lalsticlala, obinoscopy, ishilove, seun
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by windyjosezy: 7:15pm On Apr 27, 2016
it's not right
pek:
Don't know what necessitated this opinion but I want to believe it is not right.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by windyjosezy: 7:16pm On Apr 27, 2016
Yeah, i agree with that
Cliveglobal1:
Well OP, That's Your Opinion. I think Tecno Phones are Good and their Recent Products are Fantastic. I don't think Nigerians Hate Tecno Products like you just Opined, Bashing here on Nairaland don't Necessarily mean it's the Entirety of Nigerians.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by windyjosezy: 7:17pm On Apr 27, 2016
Lol, where did this come from?
MizMyColi:
Me, anything I like and I'm passionate about, I give it my all.

I remember when I was actively supporting Jonathan in Politics section. Some said I had sold my soul to the devil. Others said I've been PAID to do so. Worse still, some alleged that I was sleeping with major PDP folks at the time, when in reality, I haven't met any.

What's my point you might ask?

Y'see, lately, I developed a thing for this Boom J8 headset which is apparently due to my love for music.
Earlier, courtesy my good friend, I handled a Phantom 5 phone.
And then I saw for myself that Tecno is not as bad as people make it to be.

For all we know, there might be a small group of people on here who are being paid to demonise or discredit Tecno by God knows who.

I'm yet to get myself the boom J8 because my work schedule has not quite allowed me the time to visit computer village, but that not withstanding, I spend a sizeable amount of time online reading up stuff about the phone, it's headset, pros and cons.
Sometimes, I personally search for threads on the topic just to read others opinion.

Having had a feel of it once, and seeing how good it looked on those I saw it on (the headset, I mean)...I have been kinda crazy about it.

As long as I see Boom J8 discussions going on anywhere, I will contribute and praise as I deem fit. So if anyone deems it fit to accuse me of being a paid agent, that's in their pocket. cheesy
I will only stop when a better gadget catches my fancy.

Tecno as far as I'm concerned have come a long way. Personally, I am appreciative of how they rose from being a mobile phone underdog to a brand that one wants to associate with.

I'm not saying they have it all panned out, there are a few glitches here and there, but hey...who doesn't have their unique challenge?

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by windyjosezy: 7:26pm On Apr 27, 2016
I agree with you
OnyeAraNdiIgbo:
OP

Do not pay attention to those rumour mongers

All some people do is Hate on what they cannot have

I like Tecno ooooo

Like this post if you like Tecno too

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Which Smartphone Brand Is Your Favorite And Why? / Photos Of The New Digifon Boom-Q Ultraportable Bluetooth Speaker / Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.