Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? (25606 Views)

I Hate Tecno Camon Cm / Tecno Phones Are Not Working In USA, See Instant Solutions! / I Hate Tecno Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by windyjosezy: 8:12pm On Apr 27, 2016
Ok? Is there more?
feldido:
I don't hate Tecno phones but I hate their prices, they were doing good Untill they launched Phantom 5 which to me shouldn't be above 40k, Mehn that phones hardware is rubbish, a premium phone supposed to be built with premium materials and not plastic and poor display(720x1080).
And lastly Tecno needs to improve on their handling of OTA updates just as Infinix is doing. Their Developers are not trying at all, Periodic updates improves the phone's productivity.

My 2cents
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by windyjosezy: 8:12pm On Apr 27, 2016
YESSSSSS
Rimamsirufun:

First reason is pride
Second reason is Joblessness
Third reason is jealousy.
#Tecno-is-still-very-good. #JESUS_SAVES
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by windyjosezy: 8:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
Let them know
viscocom:
de highest selling phone in africa is tecno and one of de best phone nw in mkt
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by windyjosezy: 8:15pm On Apr 27, 2016
why?
Dbrainiac1:
I'm allergic to tecnoooo
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by TohKunBoh: 8:34pm On Apr 27, 2016
windyjosezy:
what won't i see on nairaland
LOL ukr..tecn wants to kill them all
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Dbrainiac1(m): 9:23pm On Apr 27, 2016
windyjosezy:
why?
The brand no do me at all... I hate the name, it's battery, performance, in fact everything about the damn device.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by erekking(m): 9:52pm On Apr 27, 2016
windyjosezy:
No, they're still learning
lol u are not serious i agree tecno sell more nd now try to produce good phones compared to before but technology wise gionee is very much better, no offense. My cousin's e7 of 2013 can compete with tecno phones of last year and its 4.2jb version but its upgraded now to lollipop over the air which tecno phone of same yr can boast dat and d camera is simply killing. U can check out the specs. Okay flagship vs flagship; phantom 5 vs gionee s8. Sorry dis will be some what cheatin cos s8 is diz years feb while phantom 5 is nov or thereabout. Now compare phantom5 to gionee e8 which is last year u will be overwhelmed am sure. Personally tecno have been doing a good job since last year and their phones are cheaper than gionee's(cos their major market is india nd china, naija is not a big priority to dem but dey try for us shaa) all i said is spec nd tech wise not pricing. udo
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by flexcity82: 12:15am On Apr 28, 2016
dat passport is too big. for now i will manage my iphone 6+ and my tecno j8. but i will def still try the priv, the reviews have been good
SirAweezy:

Don't try anything blackberry andriod yet, I believe they will come up with something better than priv... Passport still surpasses priv anyday my 2kobo!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by flexcity82: 12:16am On Apr 28, 2016
Tecno saved d middle class from samsung and htc. Imagine the kind of samsung phone you can buy if your budget is only 41k
windyjosezy:
yeah,Tecno has been there from the start before infinix and the rest. Tecno all day mehn
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by flexcity82: 12:18am On Apr 28, 2016
explains why u see so many people using gionee. Tecno owns the nigerian market abeg
erekking:
lol u are not serious i agree tecno sell more nd now try to produce good phones compared to before but technology wise gionee is very much better, no offense. My cousin's e7 of 2013 can compete with tecno phones of last year and its 4.2jb version but its upgraded now to lollipop over the air which tecno phone of same yr can boast dat and d camera is simply killing. U can check out the specs. Okay flagship vs flagship; phantom 5 vs gionee s8. Sorry dis will be some what cheatin cos s8 is diz years feb while phantom 5 is nov or thereabout. Now compare phantom5 to gionee e8 which is last year u will be overwhelmed am sure. Personally tecno have been doing a good job since last year and their phones are cheaper than gionee's(cos their major market is india nd china, naija is not a big priority to dem but dey try for us shaa) all i said is spec nd tech wise not pricing. udo
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by bossoftech: 10:29am On Apr 28, 2016
Tecno actually puts a lot of details into making their devices.
windyjosezy:
yeah,Tecno has been there from the start before infinix and the rest. Tecno all day mehn
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by stevepeters: 12:46pm On Apr 28, 2016
Better

Cliveglobal1:

LOL, That's also very Wrong. There are Lots of other Phone Manufacturers in China. Like Huawei & Xaiomi. So don't Single Tecno out.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by stevepeters: 12:47pm On Apr 28, 2016
AS in ehn......the only make sense Samsung phones are about a 100k above!

flexcity82:
Tecno saved d middle class from samsung and htc. Imagine the kind of samsung phone you can buy if your budget is only 41k
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Xhaka(m): 1:01pm On Apr 28, 2016
No matter how much you earn you can own a smartphone with the help of tecno
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by brook75: 3:34am On Apr 29, 2016
Nigerians are anti change, how will they forget how tecno came into the market with their over loud plalasa that didn't last. most people will never change that view of tecno.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by ibietela2(m): 5:42am On Apr 29, 2016
Because of limited ram
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by MaryAnne360: 9:56pm On Apr 29, 2016
Tecno started the trend of good phones with affordable price!

Made it quite easy for many Nigerians able to afford an android phone

windyjosezy:
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by MaryAnne360: 10:28pm On Apr 29, 2016
I think Camon C8 is around that price

selfdefence:

Boom J8 for 41k

Does Tecno have good phones with superb camera quality that is around 26k??

undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by MaryAnne360: 10:31pm On Apr 29, 2016
You just said it all right!

winnijaf:
The truth remains that Tecno Phones of Old are not the same as the Latest Ones. There have been a Significant Increase in the quality of their Products.

I saw a Thread here explaining the features of their Latest Device (I think Boom J8), I was particularly impressed with the Improvement, the Hi Manager & Sleekness of the Phone. Not everyone who Raise Praises on the Phone here are Paid agents, Some are just Fans who Value the phone and feel they are under appreciated.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by MaryAnne360: 10:35pm On Apr 29, 2016
Basically sef, Tecno paved the way for most Chinese Android Phones

Marvell23:
But I don't think Nigerians hate Tecno. Tecno is most loved in Nigeria here from their feature phones to Android. In fact I sell more of Tecno phones as Jumia agent than any other brands
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by MaryAnne360: 10:40pm On Apr 29, 2016
What Nigerians Yearn For Basiclly Is The Price
These High Quality Phones are quite costly
erekking:
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by JustOutstanding: 2:16am On Apr 30, 2016
Cant phantom why people will just hate without reason. Most people that claim to hate Tecno phones hate because most people likes the product.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by ShiroSan: 1:41pm On Apr 30, 2016
addinfo77:
am using use it and discover the difference

I handled a Tecno fine recently, and I loved the output.
These brands are stepping up.

Why do you think gionee is better.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by glossy6(f): 1:15pm On May 01, 2016
windyjosezy:
really you should check yourself, you might be d one who doesn't know how to use phones

Ok. I will be glad for you to teach me how to use phones.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Nobody: 12:07am On May 02, 2016
It's only on nairaland people do not like Tecno
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by kendrick2: 10:33am On May 02, 2016
monsieurpaul:
im sure those are the ones using tecno phones because of how cheap they can get high quality
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Emmaway(m): 1:09pm On May 02, 2016
Iceman296:
I use a Samsung Galaxy 5, Incredible Phone with Lovely Features, But I noticed any thread bearing Tecno always get the Bashing of its life.

So My Question is Why do Nigerians still Stigmatize Tecno Phones with How they were initially? Why are they hated both Online and Physically? Why do people tag their Fans "Paid Agents" when they come to Talk about the Phone here.

I Plan on getting a New Phone for my Kid Sister, I'm Considering Tecno or Infinix because they've Significantly Improved and it's very Affordable in this Economy but the Bashing this Phones get Make me think otherwise.

Let's Hear your Thoughts.

lalsticlala, obinoscopy, ishilove, seun
I don't really know why but personally I don't like Tecno right from when I wasn't using Android, I think Itel devices are better than Tecno and their price is cheaper than Tecno's. That's my personal opinion.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by Esseson1(m): 7:53pm On May 02, 2016
I don't know about tecno but I certainly love itel devices...
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by kolexepana: 12:30pm On May 03, 2016
monsieurpaul:
But most of the people criticizing them use their phone
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by daphid25(m): 3:15pm On May 03, 2016
Esseson1:
I don't know about tecno but I certainly love itel devices...
You'll love tecno phones too if you give it a trial.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by ChidinmaRose(f): 6:22pm On Jun 02, 2016
Because everybody wants to form big boy and big girl.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? by ChidinmaRose(f): 6:23pm On Jun 02, 2016
Tecno phones are very reliable and most of all affordable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos Of The New Digifon Boom-Q Ultraportable Bluetooth Speaker / Why You Shouldn't Buy Samsung Galaxy S4 If You Already Own S3 / How To Stream Live Football Matches/latest Movies On Your Iphone (xbmc)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.