Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? (32536 Views)

Ngige: Lagos-Calabar Rail Was A Big Omission / The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter / Ogundamasi Blast BenBruce,Tinubu:U're Asleep When Calabar-Lagos Rail Was Removed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by krak101(m): 2:33pm On Apr 10, 2016
Sunnymatey:
I think we shuld start innitiating the process of recalling them since they are docile and incompetent.
... When I learnt this thing about recalling elected public servants I never believed that clause existed in Nigerian politics. Surprisingly since independence no one has ever been recalled.

8 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Montaque(m): 2:35pm On Apr 10, 2016
tuale4u:

Ok. Put it in d budget now. If they can sniff in other tins that was not in d original budget, what stop our senstors from putting dis important rail project.

please u are not making sense.

just to state few things.
If we can confirm that the original budget doesnt include expenditures for Lagos_calabar rail line, u cant, infact the senators cannot add a project not captured, they can remove, downsize or pass it. but cannot add a new project in it.
in this case, I will blame the ss senators for not raising the issue at plenary so that the executives will consider it and include it in a subsequent or supplementary budget.
happy sunday

1 Like

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by francotunsco: 2:37pm On Apr 10, 2016
Akpabio was busy learning and playing legislative politriks; Ben Bruce was busy making 'common sense' and the rest, i dont even know them.

11 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by krak101(m): 2:38pm On Apr 10, 2016
tuale4u:

u could be right. But that will be too myopic of our Niger Delta PDP senators.

They should just add all d items they removed. That will only change d budget to 6.14 trillion instead of the current 6.06 trillion. To me, it makes no difference. If we can fund 6.06 trillion we can fund 6.14 trillion. Afterall they are both 6.1 trillion to 1 decimal place.

OP I single-handedly bestow on you the title of " COMMON SENSE NAIRALANDER". Common sense no really common

9 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by seye005(m): 2:38pm On Apr 10, 2016
Stop thinking with your anus
denko:
Buhari should not divert Nigeria attention from his mess with this sentiments when did he started caring about 5%.

14 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by screamng: 2:38pm On Apr 10, 2016
Must everything be some kind of regional marginalization issue with Nigerians?
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Newbiee: 2:39pm On Apr 10, 2016
A fierce battle is going on in Nigeria today between the Agents of Change and the Agents for the maintenance of status quo. It is one of the worst battles I have witnessed ever in Nigeria in recent times. It is a fierce battle for the soul of Nigeria between those who want their original country back and those who want to keep Nigeria as the conquered territory to be pillaged and milked with reckless abandon. It is a war between truth and falsehood, a war between darkness and light, the war between reason and unreason, and war between the brains and the brainless.

I saw this dangerous war coming even before last year’s Presidential elections when it became obvious that PDP is gone. I alerted APC leaders to be prepared for it. I did not know then whether they took notice of my warnings. It took the bizarre, the most outrageous, and the most treacherous betrayal inside the hallowed chamber of the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria by Senator Saraki and his gang for APC leaders to pay attention. Today the resultant effect of this betrayal is telling a big story in all nooks and crannies of Nigeria, laying ambush on this government’s monumental fight against corruption. PDP leaders, Senators, Lawyers, Judges, Petroleum Product Marketers, Civil Servants, Electricity workers, etc. are hitting from all corners to circumvent government efforts to take back Nigeria.

In far away Panama, a consortium of lawyers using their law firm Mossack Fonseca founded Ramon Fonseca, have been able to generate 11.5 million papers that linked government officials and looters across the world who siphoned money to Tax Haven in Virgin Island.

This leak, the biggest ever in recent history has led to the resignation of the Prime Minister of Iceland, Sigmundur Davio Gunnlaugsson. In Nigeria, one of the persons mentioned in the criminal deal is the present President of the Senate of Nigeria, Senator Bukola Saraki.

While the Mossack Fonseca lawyers worked tirelessly for years to do this great work for humanity, Nigerian lawyers, 90 of them are following the same Saraki to Code of Conduct Tribunal to render court process nugatory. Their professional colleagues in other climes are helping their countries to stop corruption but not these Charge and Bail lawyers here. They are neck deep into corruption and proceeds of corruption. They are worse than infidels.

The lawyers have been very busy searching for their birds of identical plumage in judges whether in High Court, Appeal Courts or Supreme Court to help truncate Saraki’s case. The corrupt Senators of the Federal Republic of Nigeria are not left out in this show of shame. From 81 right from the onset, the number of Senators following Saraki to CCT has reduced to 12 as at yesterday. Even with the heavy and weighty evidence before CCT, these woeful and useless Senators are still chasing shadows, making a mockery of themselves and people they represent. But the bigger they come, the harder they fall.

In the oil industry, the marketers and subsidy fraudsters are holding sway, gripping Nigeria by the throat and ready to squeeze without caring a hoot. In the power sector, the looters and their agents are working round the clock to reduce power generation to zero megawatts. If they are not pulling down transmission towers, they are busy blowing up gas supply to the power stations. I see this as an attack on the corporate existence of Nigeria as a political entity. I see this as a threat to national unity and cohesion. I see these attacks from all corners as acts of treason.

Now I do not think President Buhari and his cabinet need to offer any more excuses. I do not think it is necessary now. What is needed is a concrete and practical solution. President Buhari needs to use the enormous power of the presidency to do the needful. The economic saboteurs are so powerful so rich, well connected and potentially dangerous to set the people against the President if President Buhari still treats them with kid gloves. These people must be identified, crushed and defeated.
Nigerians voted for President Buhari to fight corruption, stop the drift in Nigeria, restore hope and build a new Nigeria. I know that the President is doing his best, and I also know he can do more. President Buhari must not fail. If he fails, Nigeria may not recover again. We must kill corruption or corruption will kill Nigeria.

APC leaders must move now to help their President to succeed. This is not the time for blame games, this is not the time to point accusing fingers, this is not the time to look the other way. This is the time for collective responsibility and concrete action. Let us fire on all cylinders now that we have a budget. Let Nigeria become a huge construction site. Let the power sector work. Let petrol flow endlessly for now. Let us secure Nigeria. I know that the change but let it start now to manifest. No further, no excuses again.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Newbiee: 2:40pm On Apr 10, 2016
A fierce battle is going on in Nigeria today between the Agents of Change and the Agents for the maintenance of status quo. It is one of the worst battles I have witnessed ever in Nigeria in recent times. It is a fierce battle for the soul of Nigeria between those who want their original country back and those who want to keep Nigeria as the conquered territory to be pillaged and milked with reckless abandon. It is a war between truth and falsehood, a war between darkness and light, the war between reason and unreason, and war between the brains and the brainless.

I saw this dangerous war coming even before last year’s Presidential elections when it became obvious that PDP is gone. I alerted APC leaders to be prepared for it. I did not know then whether they took notice of my warnings. It took the bizarre, the most outrageous, and the most treacherous betrayal inside the hallowed chamber of the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria by Senator Saraki and his gang for APC leaders to pay attention. Today the resultant effect of this betrayal is telling a big story in all nooks and crannies of Nigeria, laying ambush on this government’s monumental fight against corruption. PDP leaders, Senators, Lawyers, Judges, Petroleum Product Marketers, Civil Servants, Electricity workers, etc. are hitting from all corners to circumvent government efforts to take back Nigeria.

In far away Panama, a consortium of lawyers using their law firm Mossack Fonseca founded Ramon Fonseca, have been able to generate 11.5 million papers that linked government officials and looters across the world who siphoned money to Tax Haven in Virgin Island.

This leak, the biggest ever in recent history has led to the resignation of the Prime Minister of Iceland, Sigmundur Davio Gunnlaugsson. In Nigeria, one of the persons mentioned in the criminal deal is the present President of the Senate of Nigeria, Senator Bukola Saraki.

While the Mossack Fonseca lawyers worked tirelessly for years to do this great work for humanity, Nigerian lawyers, 90 of them are following the same Saraki to Code of Conduct Tribunal to render court process nugatory. Their professional colleagues in other climes are helping their countries to stop corruption but not these Charge and Bail lawyers here. They are neck deep into corruption and proceeds of corruption. They are worse than infidels.

The lawyers have been very busy searching for their birds of identical plumage in judges whether in High Court, Appeal Courts or Supreme Court to help truncate Saraki’s case. The corrupt Senators of the Federal Republic of Nigeria are not left out in this show of shame. From 81 right from the onset, the number of Senators following Saraki to CCT has reduced to 12 as at yesterday. Even with the heavy and weighty evidence before CCT, these woeful and useless Senators are still chasing shadows, making a mockery of themselves and people they represent. But the bigger they come, the harder they fall.

In the oil industry, the marketers and subsidy fraudsters are holding sway, gripping Nigeria by the throat and ready to squeeze without caring a hoot. In the power sector, the looters and their agents are working round the clock to reduce power generation to zero megawatts. If they are not pulling down transmission towers, they are busy blowing up gas supply to the power stations. I see this as an attack on the corporate existence of Nigeria as a political entity. I see this as a threat to national unity and cohesion. I see these attacks from all corners as acts of treason.

Now I do not think President Buhari and his cabinet need to offer any more excuses. I do not think it is necessary now. What is needed is a concrete and practical solution. President Buhari needs to use the enormous power of the presidency to do the needful. The economic saboteurs are so powerful so rich, well connected and potentially dangerous to set the people against the President if President Buhari still treats them with kid gloves. These people must be identified, crushed and defeated.
Nigerians voted for President Buhari to fight corruption, stop the drift in Nigeria, restore hope and build a new Nigeria. I know that the President is doing his best, and I also know he can do more. President Buhari must not fail. If he fails, Nigeria may not recover again. We must kill corruption or corruption will kill Nigeria.

APC leaders must move now to help their President to succeed. This is not the time for blame games, this is not the time to point accusing fingers, this is not the time to look the other way. This is the time for collective responsibility and concrete action. Let us fire on all cylinders now that we have a budget. Let Nigeria become a huge construction site. Let the power sector work. Let petrol flow endlessly for now. Let us secure Nigeria. I know that the change but let it start now to manifest. No further excuses again.

5 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Demainman1: 2:40pm On Apr 10, 2016
Most Nigerian youths are plain stupid and ignorant. How can anyone belief this lie. APC has really hypnotized you all.

99% don't even know the content of the padded budget yet they are here being critics.

If I lie show me where Lagos-calabar rail is in the budget

4 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by obailala(m): 2:41pm On Apr 10, 2016
Who are these dumbos who keep asking if the project was originally in the budget?... What kind of silly question is that?.... If the Lagos-Calabar rail project wasn't in the budget, so how could something which wasn't in the budget be 'removed' from the budget?

So why is it news if it wasnt ever in the budget?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Reference(m): 2:41pm On Apr 10, 2016
There is not enough information to warrant a comment at this point. What I do know is that there is something called a supplementary budget. A single rail line and hospital drugs cannot and should not be the reason why the entire economy is endangered by this lack of inertia. Anyway it is getting late in the year to commence meaningful civil engineering projects due to the inclement weather approaching. I just cannot see the wisdom in all this. If on the other hand the the PDP is that strong to want to thwart, delay, discredit and damage the reputation of the government through an APC majority in the House then its too bad. That is not the way to play politics. It is very dangerous.

2 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by gigabyte13: 2:42pm On Apr 10, 2016
They were busy following sarathief to CCT shouting " NA OUR OYEL" and witch hunting. After which, they will come back home and tell there people that " THE NORTH IS OUR PROBLEM"

7 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Btruth: 2:42pm On Apr 10, 2016
bettercreature:
It all boil down to the hatred for Ameachi
ok then. Let them continue hating. What I think is we should all come together for the upliftment of this country. smiley
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by DrHighchief(m): 2:43pm On Apr 10, 2016
HopeAtHand:

A few days to the last re-run election in Rivers, Amaechi came on air in PH and talked briefly about the Lagos-Calabar rail project and its benefits for the NDelta region. How it was going to commence shortly and create employment. He talked with glee how APC-led FG planned to employ about 500,000 NDelta youths through that alone.

We know that almost all NDelta Senators and HoR members are PDP, and they arent happy that another party is planning to achieve what they couldn't, so they omitted it so as to blame APC in future.

I know how politcs is played in NDelta, even when detrimental to collective good. This my post isnt far from the truth.
Who suffers @ d end of the day, the Niger Delta people. The politicians personal interest overides the interest of the great/entire Niger Delta people.
God Bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by bluecircle470: 2:45pm On Apr 10, 2016
Corruption don make dem sleep.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 10, 2016
What a shame!!!! I have said it times without number, our politicians are out for their poket and nothing more.

3 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by adconline(m): 2:45pm On Apr 10, 2016
tuale4u:
It is very pathetic and annoying that we have senators from Niger Delta and they allowed this injustice to be done to our region by thier Saraki loving senators.

We all know that almost all the senators from Niger Delta are PDP and are those who voted Saraki to be Senate president.

Yet this same senators could not fight for thier people to ensure a rail dat will benefit thier region is retained. They were asleep in the senate when Kano Senators ensured Lagos Kano rail is retained.

I weep for my senators and house of rep members. They are disgrace. They dont represent our people. They represent themselves. I am ashame of them.

You will be suprise many of them were not aware it was removed. Our Niger Delta Senators were busy flexing in Abuja, while nothern senators were busy working 4 thier people. Where was Senator Ben Bruce the twitter Senator? He needs to tweet about this.

See more

Buhari To Return 2016 Budget To NASS Over Missing Projects

*Lagos-Calabar N60 billion coastal railway removed
*Idu-Kaduna rail line cut by N8.7 billion
*Major federal roads slashed
*Polio eradication, essential drugs for HIV/AIDS expunged
*Agric/water resources re-allocated to constituency projects

https://www.nairaland.com/3039807/buhari-return-2016-budget-nass#44566185

So how come you didn't post SW senators's pics? Aren't they supposed to fight for their region? I Forgot- they are all APC, so Lagos is in middle belt??

2 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 2:46pm On Apr 10, 2016
Only a fool would have any hope on that budget even the Lagos light rail is said to cos 456bn Naira http://m.guardian.ng/news/lagos-metro-rail-transit-to-cost-n456bn-says-md-infrastructure-bank/ not to talk of Lagos to calabar this too much zombies in this country
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by emorse(m): 2:51pm On Apr 10, 2016
Demainman1:
Most Nigerian youths are plain stupid and ignorant. How can anyone belief this lie. APC has really hypnotized you all.

99% don't even know the content of the padded budget yet they are here being critics.

If I lie show me where Lagos-calabar rail is in the budget

One simple question. Let us assume the project was never in the budget proposal as you say. Is is too much for the SS and SE senators to raise the issue during plenary?

8 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 10, 2016
does anything I say here have effect on the budget?,I should reserve my strength to cook Sunday rice,BTW, why is rice a compulsory food on Sundays in this country?
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by emorse(m): 2:55pm On Apr 10, 2016
JustCalMeDBoss:
Only a fool would have any hope on that budget even the Lagos light rail is said to cos 456bn Naira http://m.guardian.ng/news/lagos-metro-rail-transit-to-cost-n456bn-says-md-infrastructure-bank/ not to talk of Lagos to calabar this too much zombies in this country

I'll have you know that the project was supposed to be in collaboration with the Chinese govt. The proposed amount was only to kick start.

3 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by igwegeorgiano(m): 2:56pm On Apr 10, 2016
common senseless senators

2 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by anonimi: 2:56pm On Apr 10, 2016

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by emorse(m): 2:56pm On Apr 10, 2016
cekhoe:
does anything I say here have effect on the budget?,I should reserve my strength to cook Sunday rice,BTW, why is rice a compulsory food on Sundays in this country?
Cook my own join abeg.
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by francisbiz: 2:58pm On Apr 10, 2016
HopeAtHand:
They are all PDP senators. They wanted the Lagos-Calabar rail project out so that they can discredit Amaechi by saying he overlooked the Niger Delta. Their plan is to paint APC as a party that hates Niger Delta.

Their hate for Amaechi will kill all of them.
Are you a sadist?
Tomorrow you will commit suicide, because Amaechi will dance with Wike's wife in the burial of ...
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by gretblue: 2:59pm On Apr 10, 2016
ogba20:
my brother the north owns this country and yet the 70% of our budget is being finance with the resources from the region(Niger delta).shame
Hold your Senators/ Leaders responsible not the Northerns.

5 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Etizz: 3:01pm On Apr 10, 2016
Niger Delta senators are so daft....

They are very annoying....

They are after their own luxury....

They really don't know or wanna know what's happening over here....

Seriously, those ID!0TS are the problem of the South....

Wish I can change the world.....

4 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by gretblue: 3:03pm On Apr 10, 2016
emorse:

One simple question. Let us assume the project was never in the budget proposal as you say. Is is too much for the SS and SE senators to raise the issue during plenary?
Ignore him.He will come to this forum again when the implementation of the budget begins with their usual noise of marginalization.

3 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by IQnoCommon(m): 3:04pm On Apr 10, 2016
Someone should ask Mr common sense or tweet at him

3 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 10, 2016
emorse:
Cook my own join abeg.
sure,only you must wash your own plate and spoon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures From Osun APC Governorship Mega Rally At Omisore's Hometown. / Olori Olajumoke Oginni Dies 5 Months After Marrying Osun Monarch / Akeredolu: Malami Arrogant, Anarchist, Ban On Open Grazing Will Be Enforced

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.