Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? (32542 Views)

Ngige: Lagos-Calabar Rail Was A Big Omission / The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter / Ogundamasi Blast BenBruce,Tinubu:U're Asleep When Calabar-Lagos Rail Was Removed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:59pm On Apr 10, 2016
adconline:

I guess OP targeted folks like you by blaming PDP instead of blaming APC and PDP and you fell for it hook line and sinker. He projected a false narrative that GMB wanted to do this for your region while your senators rejected when in fact other senators were involved. Sen Goje, APC is the chairman of appropriation. There are more APC senators in the house than PDP, how come APC didn't convince fellow members to vote for it?

You are turning the point of the OP to favor your argument.

The question is Where were our own Senators and Honorables when there was an agreement to remove such project beneficial to us?

1 Like

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by emorse(m): 8:09pm On Apr 10, 2016
adconline:

I guess OP targeted folks like you by blaming PDP instead of blaming APC and PDP and you fell for it hook line and sinker. He projected a false narrative that GMB wanted to do this for your region while your senators rejected when in fact other senators were involved. Sen Goje, APC is the chairman of appropriation. There are more APC senators in the house than PDP, how come APC didn't convince fellow members to vote for it?

I didn't fall for anything. I have always tried to avoid this APC vs PDP bull.$hit. No offence to you or anyone else on this forum but I think only two sets of people still support political parties in Nigeria. The foot soldiers who get peanuts and the dumb skulls who get nothing at all.

Whether or not the project was in the proposed budget is not my problem. The fact that our reps didn't see the opportunity to make us believe they have us in mind is annoying. Imagine the amount of pressure they would have piled on the FG if they had spoken about it first. Now you want me to believe the man who spoke out first is the liar? Call it propaganda (the word has even lost its taste) if you like. Fact is those guys don't care about us!

1 Like

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by aresa: 8:12pm On Apr 10, 2016
Greenback:

even the devil will hold his head @ur mortal bitterness.
Go seek help b4 u do some bad to ur family,if u gat any.smh

Your useless and incompetent leaders are bitter against you since they've never done anything to benefit your bitter existence.

Look in the mirror for bitterness.

1 Like

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by mavinc4u(f): 8:16pm On Apr 10, 2016
What kind of thread is this? How can minority (PDP) be greater than majority(APC)? If minority is greater than majority then Amaechi would not have be cleared during ministerial screening. The last I checked the house of senate and assembly, is always the AYE'S that have it so how can a minority PDP have more power over the budget when majority APC are there? I really doubt if such was included in the budget , I hope APC is not making another blame excuse. We really have a lot of fish brain people in this country. May God help us all.
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Beremx(f): 8:20pm On Apr 10, 2016
modath:

Babe, do you know what is even baffling,?

These Mofos removed funding for free immunization for our babies, Birth Control for financially handicapped women & anti retrovirals as well... cheesy cheesy cheesy ... This is beyond cutting one's nose..

This is a classic case of pulling out one's teeth so one would not have to smile in a group foto with people one does not like!! cheesy

The North left theirs intact & smiled & watched the South throw their baby out with the bath water..

The jokes just write themselves.. cheesy cheesy
O ga o!
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by shiki(m): 8:24pm On Apr 10, 2016
denko:
Yes because i have the budget the so called item is not in the budget i am not a zombie and can never be, u gat that nigga

Pls brother, don't expose ur inability to read the copy of budget u have but can't understand.

...having the copy is one thing, ...understanding it is another.
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by shiki(m): 8:32pm On Apr 10, 2016
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by banio: 8:32pm On Apr 10, 2016
The Topic should read " Where was Jagaban when Lagos - Calabar rail project was deleted from APC padded budget"

Jagaban stands to benefit the most. His cut is....

1 Like

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Montaque(m): 8:33pm On Apr 10, 2016
it is unfortunate that people like kayode ogundamisi seeks to have this country divided.
Abdulmumim jibril has said that the project was never captured in the original budget.
and a picture of buhari yemi n udoma was released to make it look as if the senate is against nigeria.
why should people be this mischievous
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by aresa: 8:35pm On Apr 10, 2016
adconline:

It's calked equal responsibility! Stop being willfully ignorant! This project benefits Ogun, the manufacturing hub of Naija and Lagos, the economic capital than SS, why didn't their senators fight for the project.

lol @ attache... Yes, this is generally a Nigerian thing and all the senators across Nigeria should have made it happen, but primarily, it's a regional project that the regional leaders should have and still be shouting their lungs out to make sure it doesn't get swept under the rug..

What next are you going to tell me? The useless senators and reps from that region refused to speak up for the project in their back yard because the ones in the SW did not speak up?

Useless Twitter parrot senator "Don't Be Like Bruce" lift his Twitter finger because SW people did not say anything about the project in his backyard?

Instead of making your useless leaders account for their incompetence and dereliction of duty, you travel across the country to point fingers at other people..

1 Like

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by shiki(m): 8:38pm On Apr 10, 2016
mavinc4u:
What kind of thread is this? How can minority (PDP) be greater than majority(APC)? If minority is greater than majority then Amaechi would not have be cleared during ministerial screening. The last I checked the house of senate and assembly, is always the AYE'S that have it so how can a minority PDP have more power over the budget when majority APC are there? I really doubt if such was included in the budget , I hope APC is not making another blame excuse. We really have a lot of fish brain people in this country. May God help us all.

Ur English Na waoo.

We won, we won, we won ...at half time, that's where u belong. #clueless#
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by mavinc4u(f): 9:01pm On Apr 10, 2016
shiki:

Ur English Na waoo.

We won, we won, we won ...at half time, that's where u belong. #clueless#

Spotted. He is so pained. English professor yet you find it difficult to construct a real sentence. If you had told me you had reading and assimilation problem, I would have assisted you by typing in broken English because pigeon English would still be difficult for you to understand. I do not care about your APC nor PDP, I always stand by the truth. I really pity you. Go get a life you sick fellow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Joe82834(m): 9:02pm On Apr 10, 2016
emmykk:

which school did you attend?
Some say its not too beneficial to ogun n ondo but then mention SE like its beneficial to enugu,anambra et al
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by menxer: 9:05pm On Apr 10, 2016
adconline:

So a rail project from Calabar to Lagos is only going to impact SS economically?? Why not show how SW senators fought to keep this project in their region? What does SE have to do with this project?
If S/S senator didn't fight for this project, same logic can be applied to SW senators that didn't for the project.
Stop insulting our collective intelligence! We can reason without partisan lens, OK

So the SW senators didn't push for a rail project but got it, right?

And the one to the SS that even Amaechi talked about got expunged, why?

To give wailers something to wail about, right?

Fight, you say! Does anyone in this part of the country (SS) ever get anything without it?

Marginalization can be self inflicted, you know!
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by shiki(m): 9:09pm On Apr 10, 2016
mavinc4u:

Spotted. He is so pained. English professor yet you find it difficult to construct a real sentence. If you had told me you had reading and assimilation problem, I would have assisted you by typing in broken English because pigeon English would still be difficult for you to understand. I do not care about your APC nor PDP, I always stand by the truth. I really pity you. Go get a life you sick fellow.

The grammar is a little bit better now. Sister I hail oooooo smiley
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by shiki(m): 9:15pm On Apr 10, 2016
mavinc4u:

The grammar is a little bit better now. Sister I hail oooooo smiley pls don't be angry, I was only joking
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Greenback: 9:27pm On Apr 10, 2016
aresa:

Your useless and incompetent leaders are bitter against you since they've never done anything to benefit your bitter existence.

Look in the mirror for bitterness.

gedda4kOff,dont rub off ur frustrations and deppression on me,u bloody grumpus of an agonising and bitter soul...
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by eDoc: 9:30pm On Apr 10, 2016
tuale4u:

u could be right. But that will be too myopic of our Niger Delta PDP senators.

They should just add all d items they removed. That will only change d budget to 6.14 trillion instead of the current 6.06 trillion. To me, it makes no difference. If we can fund 6.06 trillion we can fund 6.14 trillion. Afterall they are both 6.1 trillion to 1 decimal place.

It is possible it was missing in d most recent version sent to senate. But be that as it may, if Senators from Niger Delta were serious they would have spotted it in d new version they are working on thatsuch a huge project 4 Niger Delta has been omitted.
They never really cared.They were busy flexing.
they did not cross check anything or bother to look at what is important to thier region.

Bros no make me ask you the primary school wey you go.
0080000000000 Na 80billion you dey equal to 1 decimal place,update your knol

1 Like

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by urboy1: 9:30pm On Apr 10, 2016
Presidency lied, no Lagos-Calabar Rail project in 2016 budget — NASS

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/presidency-lied-no-lagos-calabar-rail-project-2016-budget-nass/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by aresa: 9:38pm On Apr 10, 2016
[s]
Greenback:

gedda4kOff,dont rub off ur frustrations and deppression on me,u bloody grumpus of an agonising and bitter soul...
[/s]

Not interested in your unintelligent, bigoted and ignorant rubbish.

And learn how to spell simple English words...
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by godwin120alex: 9:41pm On Apr 10, 2016
Big big lies cos it was never in d budget.APC is Ali baba n d forty thieves
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Zieristclair(m): 9:44pm On Apr 10, 2016
denko:
When will buhari stop propaganda, this story was pre plan hence he said he want to see details before signing the budget. may while people are enjoying change but still waiting for change dole.
stop being negative-minded.
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by adconline(m): 10:31pm On Apr 10, 2016
Demainman1:
Most Nigerian youths are plain stupid and ignorant. How can anyone belief this lie. APC has really hypnotized you all.

99% don't even know the content of the padded budget yet they are here being critics.

If I lie show me where Lagos-calabar rail is in the budget
This man has been the lone voice saying that it was not included in the original budget. He is right! In Naija, we have willfully ignorant majority trying to shove their ignorance down our throat!
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Greenback: 10:40pm On Apr 10, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

not my fault ur dumb president is importing genetical grass to boost ur comprehensivity..again,solomon grundy,gedda4q.
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by aresa: 11:03pm On Apr 10, 2016
Greenback:

not my fault ur dumb president is importing genetical grass to boost ur comprehensivity..again,solomon grundy,gedda4q.

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Greenback: 11:08pm On Apr 10, 2016
aresa:

brazilian grass for the meeeehhh lolllz
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Austino50: 11:25pm On Apr 10, 2016
what do you expect from empty vessels if not noise making
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by adconline(m): 3:19am On Apr 11, 2016
Blame train has run amok and it's always deep rooted in sectionalism, tribalism, and sectarianism.. GMB has been their voice.. If he's not making 97% vs 5% comment , he will be challenging Xtians to go fight BH even though Xtians in NA are already doing that.. He'a making divisive and incendiary comments like Donald Trump..
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Nobody: 3:49am On Apr 11, 2016
Presidency and some NASS members insist it was in d budget.

...........Vanguard learned that although the N60 billion meant for the Calabar-Lagos rail budget was not in the original budget, the Budget and National Planning Minister, Senator Udoma Udo Udoma, successfully defended and got it included in the amended budget.
.......For instance, Senator John Enoh and Chairman House of Representatives Committee on Appropriation, Abdulmunin Jibrin, disagreed over the inclusion of the rail project in the budget.

While Enoh said it was included and wondered who removed it, Jibrin said the Lagos-Calabar rail project was never included.
.......Rep Oghene Egoh, PDP, Lagos, said the removal of the the Lagos-Calabar rail line was wicked and uncharitable if it is true because “we provided for both Kano and Lagos rail lines in the budget but I’m shocked that Lagos that is the business hub in Nigeria was removed. To me, we must probe deep into why it was removed because it connects all the oil producing states in Nigeria”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/2016-budget-palaver-presidency-gives-fresh-conditions-assent/

...........“The two arms of government are trying to resolve all issues raised by the Executive amicably before the President returns from China.

“Certainly, the discussion so far on Sunday has been cordial. The President of the Senate, Dr. Bukola Saraki, who travelled abroad has decided to cut short his trip in order to join the harmonisation talks.”

Responding to a question, the source said: “One of the issues which generated debate at the session was the lawmakers’ anger about the expunging of the Calabar – Lagos rail line from the budget details.

“The lawmakers said the project was not part of the Appropriation Bill submitted by the President. They said they were shocked that the government could be scandalising them in the press.

“But the government delegation insisted that it was part of the amendments submitted to the National Assembly after the padding was detected.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/nigeria-not-threatened-n12-tr-debt-says-dmo/
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by tit(f): 4:10am On Apr 11, 2016
buhari should just resign.
he is incapable of running a kindergarten talkless of diverse adults in a nation state.

1 Like

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Wyttcat: 4:41am On Apr 11, 2016
I think it's a good thing that project got killed. How does a rail line from Calabar benefit the SW? We don't want a project that would empty the rest of the east into my west. Where is it even going to pass through? It can't all of a sudden be Ogun state. We have land for rail lines within SW only. SW senators must start blocking projects that will further destroy the SW. Every train from Lagos must terminate at Ondo and Kogi.
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Wyttcat: 5:09am On Apr 11, 2016
What concerns Jagaban with Calabar rail project? If you say SW rail system, yeah! All Apc needs to do is consolidate the places they won last time, take good care of the regions more and watch it work for them next time. And occasionally throwing bones to the lean dogs grin
banio:
The Topic should read " Where was Jagaban when Lagos - Calabar rail project was deleted from APC padded budget"

Jagaban stands to benefit the most. His cut is....

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Monday Sit-At-Home: Hoodlums Set A Keke (Tricycle) Ablaze In Enugu / 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 / "If I Come Back To This World, I Would Like To Stay In Anambra State" - Adegbola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.