Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? (32540 Views)

Ngige: Lagos-Calabar Rail Was A Big Omission / The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter / Ogundamasi Blast BenBruce,Tinubu:U're Asleep When Calabar-Lagos Rail Was Removed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by ogmaskman: 4:04pm On Apr 10, 2016
ogba20:
my brother the north owns this country and yet the 70% of our budget is being finance with the resources from the region(Niger delta).shame

That is not the issue here. what has the north got to do with the HIV/AIDS budget. Na only southerners get AIDS? Since when conversion of monies meant for agriculture and water resources to the pockets of the legislators become a northern affair. Bro, look well bfor u comment abeg. Dead woods calling themselves honourables. Nonsense...

2 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by emmykk(m): 4:04pm On Apr 10, 2016
emorse:

One simple question. Let us assume the project was never in the budget proposal as you say. Is is too much for the SS and SE senators to raise the issue during plenary?

let assume the project was remove by nigerdelta senators what was sw senators doing or are they not going to benefit from the project too?
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by senior123: 4:05pm On Apr 10, 2016
tuale4u:

That is another way to look at it.

But i doubt that.

i just believe they didnt care

Mee too I fell they didn't just care. Niger Deltans. You pple's area is a stage of its own oo. You pple need Senators and Governors that care about the land and will help the indigenous people there. Stop voting party or tribal alliance. Look for young people that understand that place well and have felt that pain. Put then in govt. Have they paid u pple shell money? grin
Abi that one too naa talk talk no show?

1 Like

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by emmykk(m): 4:06pm On Apr 10, 2016
Deen77:

Is of no much benefit to Ogun and Ondo, train is good for long distance journey.

which school did you attend?
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by senior123: 4:07pm On Apr 10, 2016
ogba20:
my brother the north owns this country and yet the 70% of our budget is being finance with the resources from the region(Niger delta).shame

The north does not own Nigeria. PDP politicians are just self-serving people. Who is allowing them own it? Is it not PDP govs and senators. As long as their own loot comes in North can do what they like..

1 Like

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Tiegarr: 4:07pm On Apr 10, 2016
Achuwa1:
How can Nigerians believe a story like diss.
a story Apc govt put up to create confusion among southerners.
Amaechi & pmb or got dis planned out to cause kios.
it was never in tht budget,just like the Niger delta maritim univ,2nd Niger bridge & calabar-lagos rail.
this is mere apc propaganda as usual & i can see u guys falling for it already.believe tht @ ur own peril.
mind u,tht budget is a trap for buharis impeachment & he sensed but still hasn't figured it out & thts y the senate didn't want to release the details for him b4 giving him to sign.
the drama u are seeing abt the budget is saraki's case.tht os one weapon saraki is also using to play on apc since they don't want to let him off their hook.
Oke Okpo I of earth!!!!

1 Like

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 10, 2016
Bunch of self-serving mofos!!!

1 Like

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by senior123: 4:09pm On Apr 10, 2016
bigerboy200:
They went to CCT with Saraki...

So it is more important to fight for the throne for Saraki than the progress of ur pple? SMH i dont even know why we have NASS. They are useless.

2 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by M4gunners: 4:18pm On Apr 10, 2016
Apc lead fg , budget and promises is a big scam . Until those projects the budget is meant for is accomplished, i will never blame anybody for not representing me.
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Taeewo(m): 4:23pm On Apr 10, 2016
Na wao
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Ngokafor(f): 4:27pm On Apr 10, 2016
[quote author=adconline post=44579112]

ignorance at its best! Why didn't APC senators from Ondo, Ogun, Lagos vote for the project??
Why didn't they convince APC senators in appropriation committee to fund the project??[/quote

...I wonderooo!!!...see the clownish aisha 'rice-eaters' making noise all over the place about Ss senators while turning blind eyes to senators from Ondo,Ogun,lagos..

..mschewww!!..leave them to keep deceiving themselves.]

1 Like

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Ayoemrys(m): 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2016
denko:
The so called Item was never in the budget, how can you remove what is not in the budget. APC followers are really Zombies
you re the no 1 zombie,eat better fud so that you can reason well

3 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by hmuhammad(m): 4:33pm On Apr 10, 2016
Achuwa1:
How can Nigerians believe a story like diss.
a story Apc govt put up to create confusion among southerners.
Amaechi & pmb or got dis planned out to cause kios.
it was never in tht budget,just like the Niger delta maritim univ,2nd Niger bridge & calabar-lagos rail.
this is mere apc propaganda as usual & i can see u guys falling for it already.believe tht @ ur own peril.
mind u,tht budget is a trap for buharis impeachment & he sensed but still hasn't figured it out & thts y the senate didn't want to release the details for him b4 giving him to sign.
the drama u are seeing abt the budget is saraki's case.tht os one weapon saraki is also using to play on apc since they don't want to let him off their hook.
you can go and die, this government will succeed.

1 Like

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by gbrown(m): 4:35pm On Apr 10, 2016
tuale4u:
It is very pathetic and annoying that we have senators from Niger Delta and they allowed this injustice to be done to our region by thier Saraki loving senators.

We all know that almost all the senators from Niger Delta are PDP and are those who voted Saraki to be Senate president.

Yet this same senators could not fight for thier people to ensure a rail dat will benefit thier region is retained. They were asleep in the senate when Kano Senators ensured Lagos Kano rail is retained.

I weep for my senators and house of rep members. They are disgrace. They dont represent our people. They represent themselves. I am ashame of them.

You will be suprise many of them were not aware it was removed. Our Niger Delta Senators were busy flexing in Abuja, while nothern senators were busy working 4 thier people. Where was Senator Ben Bruce the twitter Senator? He needs to tweet about this.

See more

Buhari To Return 2016 Budget To NASS Over Missing Projects

*Lagos-Calabar N60 billion coastal railway removed
*Idu-Kaduna rail line cut by N8.7 billion
*Major federal roads slashed
*Polio eradication, essential drugs for HIV/AIDS expunged
*Agric/water resources re-allocated to constituency projects

https://www.nairaland.com/3039807/buhari-return-2016-budget-nass#44566185
THE TRUTH IS BITTER BUT YOU JUST HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT, THE NIGER/DELTA SENATORS SUSPENDED SITTING AND JOINED THE JAMBOREE TO CODE OF CONDUCT TRIBUNAL IN A SHOW OF SUPPORT TO SARAKI, THEIR COUNTERPARTS FROM THE NORTH WERE BUSY LOBBYING FOR JUICY PROJECTS FOR THE NORTH, THE TWITTERING SENATOR BRUCE CAN TWITT FROM NOW TILL ETERNITY, COMMON SENSE TELLS ME ITS SHEER FOLLY TO PITCH TENT WITH THE INTERIM NUMBER THREE MAN AND RESORT TO FIGHTING THE NUMBER ONE MAN

4 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by wristbangle: 4:39pm On Apr 10, 2016
I don't even know what to say. We don't know who is saying the truth. With time, the truth shall be revealed.

Beremx, what do u have to say?
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Polar3: 4:44pm On Apr 10, 2016
emorse:

One simple question. Let us assume the project was never in the budget proposal as you say. Is is too much for the SS and SE senators to raise the issue during plenary?

what has the se gotta do with this now? Besides,is it not a LAGOS-calaber project? Is'nt the sw also a beneficiary? You will all die from ur hatred from the se and ss.

1 Like

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:51pm On Apr 10, 2016
emmykk:
so ameachi love niger delta this much yet he removed niger delta maritime university from the region

Amaechi did not remove the Maritime University he decided to stop the building of a New University to expand the one at Oron to achieve the same thing.

That was a brilliant strategy in this time of limited resources. It is just that a lot of Niger Delta people are too sentimental with their hatred to see a good thing done.

With limited resources, Amaechi is proposing to achieve more, instead of totally stopping it.
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Beremx(f): 4:54pm On Apr 10, 2016
wristbangle:
I don't even know what to say. We don't know who is saying the truth. With time, the truth shall be revealed.

Beremx, what do u have to say?
when northern senators are united, our senators are "pulling down" themselves and thereby affecting the region. If it's because of Amaechi they did that, then they should all be ashamed of themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by omobaekiti: 4:55pm On Apr 10, 2016
ogba20:
I think you are just like the Senators (looking for every means to discredit the north/government). Was it the northern senators/Reps that removed it (the rail project) from the budget,let's for the sake of argument say they are the ones,how about your senators and Reps? were they sleepingwhy not place the blame where it aught to be rather than resorting to politics of hate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Polar3: 4:58pm On Apr 10, 2016
HopeAtHand:
They are all PDP senators. They wanted the Lagos-Calabar rail project out so that they can discredit Amaechi by saying he overlooked the Niger Delta. Their plan is to paint APC as a party that hates Niger Delta.

Their hate for Amaechi will kill all of them.

you and tuale4u will be the 1st to die for ur hate for the ss and se..is the ss the only beneficiary of the project? Doesnt the project run from calaber-LAGOS, passing thru and berthing on some s.western states? Why didnt the sw apc nass members raise up the issue? Huh?

Its very easy and common to see multitude of ugly and disgusting vultures in a frenzy,feeding on a rotten carcasse whenever the ss and se are mentioned on here.

Yall nakked dance of shame is very amusing on a wkend like this..lolll

1 Like

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by haqun: 4:59pm On Apr 10, 2016
denko:
Buhari should not divert Nigeria attention from his mess with this sentiments when did he started caring about 5%.

I 'm sure you are not from the region
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:05pm On Apr 10, 2016
All those asking what of the South West Senators are really not serious.

Amaechi came to Port-Harcourt and told the Rivers People that this project will benefit them. He highlighted how much jobs it will generate for people in the Niger Delta.

This same project left the budget and someone from the Niger Delta is asking why the Senators of the South South region allowed it to happen.

You guys are asking for South West Senators.

Haba.

We ask our Senators questions, not Senators from other regions.

Sen. Ben Bruce, drop the phone, stop twitting and look up. It also concerns your constituents.

1 Like

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by gretblue: 5:09pm On Apr 10, 2016
adconline:

Stop this nonsense!! No wonder average Naija IQ is 69.. Aren't SW APC states covered in the rail project? How come they omitted it?? Is Lagos in Enugu state??
Time will tell.
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by princedede(m): 5:12pm On Apr 10, 2016
denko:
The so called Item was never in the budget, how can you remove what is not in the budget. APC followers are really Zombies
My brother I tire for Nigerians... We can't let PMB be fooling us like this...
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Koleman(m): 5:18pm On Apr 10, 2016
mobaking:
They were busy tweeting.
hahaha best answer.... for example.... we know who
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by WhoRUDeceiving: 5:19pm On Apr 10, 2016
Anytime you have thieves parading themselves as leaders day in and day out, the people and their children will be sold into slavery. This is what has been happening East of Ore to Calabar for almost 50 years. Imagine, what is Theo Orji, a known rogue who never won any election going to legislate as "Senator". What of the remaining PDP governors that rigged victory away from APGA and APC in the Eastern states? Are they REALLY going to rock the boat and risk their "mandate" being overturned?

Of course not..DUUUUH.

So unless the area is ungovernable and people really join/support IPOB, Lower Niger-Delta Group, MASSOB, MEND, or any other group(s) to force emergency rule or election results to be tabulated correctly, it will be the North and Yorubas slicing the pie, and giving crumbs to these men and women from the East. You and your family will continue to fly or drive to a still backwards part of West Africa till 2019
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by specimenC: 5:19pm On Apr 10, 2016
Realman87:
First, as a Niger Deltan, I do Not have enough FACTS to comment on this matter. I wont just jump on the band wagon and start criticizing people without hearing the details of what actually transpired.

Secondly, everything that emanates from this Govt is BOUND to Fail so why bother about the FAILED Lagos-Calabar project.

It was actually cool reading the first part of your post, u seem to be making sense base on the fact I thought u were going neutral on this. Until stupidity took over your sense of reasoning hence the second post. Why don't you wait till the end of this administration. To know if everything is bound to fail, but you want to wait for facts to criticize the latter. Una mumu for this NL no be here.

1 Like

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by bejick(m): 5:20pm On Apr 10, 2016
The same way GEJ built universities and almajiri school to please the north and still the cattle rearers still voted against him.
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by kedeojo(m): 5:21pm On Apr 10, 2016
It was intentional of the senators n rep members from our niger delta who are pdp dominated becos of the hatred for Rotimi Ameachi the honourable minister and not minding if we suffer. Thank God they are being exposed now. Ameachi is going to deliver that very import project that will create jobs n also reduce accident in our zone. Shame to dem all n any other person still defending their shameful act. In a short while Ameachi will be celebrated as true Nigeria who contributed to infrastructural upliftment of the region.
Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by Polar3: 5:22pm On Apr 10, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Amaechi did not remove the Maritime University he decided to stop the building of a New University to expand the one at Oron to achieve the same thing.

That was a brilliant strategy in this time of limited resources. It is just that a lot of Niger Delta people are too sentimental with their hatred to see a good thing done.

With limited resources, Amaechi is proposing to achieve more, instead of totally stopping it.

the bulk of the money funding the budget emanates from the ss and you dont expect them to keep mute at such retro action. And besides,do u think amaechi wudda've taken that action if the scenario was in da north?
Op,tuale4u and hopeathand are slamming the niger deltans for keeping mute over the removed rails that also benefits the sw states and here u are,slamming and accusing them of being sentimental cos they raised their voices over the scrapped maritime university..gosh,u guys got a big problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? by aresa: 5:27pm On Apr 10, 2016
ogba20:

The North doesn't own the country, incompetent, lazy, shortsighted and unintelligent elected officials in other parts of the country makes it look that way.

The man aggitating for this project to take off and actually put money on the table to get it done is a northerner.

A southerner and son of the soil was in power for 5 years and he made zero effort to make it happen and in fact, he made zero effort to make anything happen.

This northerner puts his money where his mouth is, the son of the soil refused to put up federal money dor 2nd NB bridge and instead sold the project to JB to build and toll for 25 years, meaning the clueless people in his own region are going to pay for that bridge out of their own pocket.

The same son if the soil looked for money to do rail projects in the north, but refused to look for 1kobo to do anything foe his own people in the south and his always clueless and bigoted so called pillar of support in the SE.

Lagos calabar rail system is not only destined to debelop the region and boost the country's transportation system, but also create thousands of jobs along the way, but when was the last time anything was said by the senators and reps from that region in favor of this project and their own people back home.?

Ben Bruce spends more time on Twitter spewing unintelligent rubbish on Twitter than on the Senate floor looking out gor that region and his own people and the others are in Abuja just to collect salaries.

Please don't blame the North, blame your useless and worthless leaders im the south. Northerners care about your region more than your own useless leaders, even the 2nd nb was built by a northerner..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

AirForce's "Love Letter" To Boko Haram Insurgents. Photo / Peter Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate: It’s Masterstroke, Umahi, Yakassi and Others / Uzodinma Forfeits Security Vote For Workers’ Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.