Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Love And Religion - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love And Religion (922 Views)

She Said She's Not Interested In Dating Me Coz Of My Tribe And Religion / Differences Between True Love And Fake Love / Cunnilingus And Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love And Religion by Rebsy(f): 9:25pm On Aug 01, 2009
hi there! i use 2 hav a boyfrnd b4 we broke up recently. why? cos he wnts me 2 convert 2 his own religion, he's a muslim while am a christian. help me out., whats love got to do wit religion? thanks to ya all as i await ur feedback(s).
Re: Love And Religion by hollandis(f): 11:33pm On Aug 01, 2009
Its only in this part of africa that inter religious marriage is condemned.Many people who end up defying all odds either has an issue with inlaws,parents or the religious status of their offsprings.In conclusion i believe that the conversion insidtence by your man is not done in the light of love but a purely selfish motive
Re: Love And Religion by topup: 11:57pm On Aug 01, 2009
If you don't wanna convert, and you believe that your religion matters a lot to you, you shouldn't be with him, there is no changing some people and certainly when their intentions clearly show that they're expecting you to change.
Re: Love And Religion by Recoverd(f): 11:27am On Aug 03, 2009
U guys r not even married and he wants to convert u. My dear, its like that in sometimes, forget about him. He doesnt love u.
Re: Love And Religion by galatico(m): 12:01pm On Aug 03, 2009
Love and Religion my own perspective is that If you love someone you don't care if the person is a muslim and you are a christian , am actually speaking for my self, I had an experience years ago about a Girl I met and she love me but she was always compplaining about me being a Christian and she being a Muslims, I beleive we serve one God with different names, Allah, Jesus,

They packed out of where they where living and before she left she told me she was quitting due to the fact that her paents won't approve our relationship, what do parents have to do with? I believe if there is love it can conquer every other thing, and so she left and since then I've never seen her
Re: Love And Religion by md4real(m): 3:11pm On Aug 03, 2009
i give no shit about this cos it one of the weighing us down especially in nigeria.
Re: Love And Religion by kok(m): 5:28pm On Aug 03, 2009
Love has nothing to do with religion, but in most cases it is often used as an excuse to end a relationship.
Re: Love And Religion by eaziaque(m): 3:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
Rebsy:
hi there! i use 2 hav a boyfrnd b4 we broke up recently. why? cos he wnts me 2 convert 2 his own religion, he's a muslim while am a christian. help me out., whats love got to do wit religion? thanks to ya all as i await ur feedback(s).

Well I think I've a slightly different opinion on this. It is this simple, the guy is of course wrong in quitting a relationship simply because you're not and don't want to be of his religion, a point of compromise could be reached if well worked out, though the couple in this case may have to abandon some obligations even if their respective religions recommends it. However, the thickness of the line drawn between LOVE and RELIGION by an individual depends on the person's level in the practice of his/her religion. Though not totally passed as the sole option, an individual that loves and practise whole-heartedly his/her religion will always find it a bit difficult to associate a person of different belief in a marriage, there are so many reasons for this, of which the heaviest is the sense of being in constant contrast in terms of belief and value with one's partner. Remember, I said "one who loves and practise whole-heartedly", that means he/she must be the type who obeys and adheres to the norms, recommendations and constitution of the religion. A partner, being of a different religious opinion may definitely not share the same views on certain matters most especially the day to day conduct e.g morale, praying, expenses(I mean on what the couple should expend or not on)... There is also the question involving kids' religious orientation, religious outings that normally involves the presence of a couple, how friends and family see your partner and whole lots more. And to be candid, some relationships are better dissolved than heading on to marriage only for this things to come up and an eventual break-up while other more complicating factors are already involved. Please don't read this write up and say it is bullsh*t, because if you decide to live a secular/not too religion practicing life, others too have the right to live a religious and dedicated life. At the end, it is a case of choice: what you think you want and can cope with.

(1) (Reply)

... / Guys And Girls Talk / Who Is Better ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.