Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation (6981 Views)

The 21st Century Woman And Social Media Validation. / Mother Buys Ford Mustang For Her Son For His 21st Birthday (Photos) / Power Of A Woman. A Must Read (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 14, 2016
Lezzlie:
It was a one-off, he didn't plan to cheat when he set off for the party. Cut the guy some slack. He isn't a habitual cheat or a cold one.

Habitual or cold one are just degrees that depict extent of something, a cheat is a cheat, occurence of cheating is irrelevant in this matter, when once or constant

Gender misconception!!! Read my last post to bukatyne!!!

The idea of a woman working harder and longer than her husband shouldn't surfice, that in itself is a distortion marriage of distortion and it's part of the subtle themes of the narrative.

Are you endorsing for women to work harder and longer than their husbands?

Look Lezzlie I have no problem with Kunle cheating or finding comfort in an ex's arm, it's his personal life and marriage, he's free to destroy it as much as he wants, what i find silly is trying to blaming this on working nature of the wife without providing a solution or communicating with his wife.

The reason i asked "Are you married" .........never mind, it's actually irrelevant so am guessing Kunle is a victim here.
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by misspicy2(f): 8:21am On Apr 14, 2016
danbrowndmf:
got a new profile pishure.:pgrin
No face? angry
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Lezzlie(m): 8:21am On Apr 14, 2016
pcguru1:

I am endorsing for women to work harder and longer if they desire, and husbands should support their wives, I find it weird someone has to attempt career suicide to make another party happy. infact closing by 8:00pm is early she even has it good.
Splendid idea for the family and society at large .
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 14, 2016
Lezzlie:
Splendid idea for the family and society at large .

wink i know right but seriously think about this, what happens should the husband die. you do know the woman has to be the man, that has been my case it's why i support women to take their career life serious, however a responsible woman knows not to put her house in negligence, there are Women MDs in bank who still take care of their family. It's a wrong message to say as a woman you can't be too successful just because are you want to keep your home happy. weird right

2 Likes

Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Lezzlie(m): 8:25am On Apr 14, 2016
pcguru1:

Look Lezzlie I have no problem with Kunle cheating or finding comfort in an ex's arm, it's his personal life and marriage, he's free to destroy it as much as he wants, what i find silly is trying to blaming this on working nature of the wife without providing a solution or communicating with his wife.

The reason i asked "Are you married" .........never mind, it's actually irrelevant so am guessing Kunle is a victim here.

Self contradictory, if you don't care for Kunle and his actions you shouldn't care for the solution to the problems his action caused, after all, it is his marriage isn't it? wink
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by danbrowndmf(m): 8:27am On Apr 14, 2016
misspicy2:
No face? angry
i was Dabing na.cheesy
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by elektra(f): 8:34am On Apr 14, 2016
Lezzlie:
Will the communication has reduced Jane's working hours? Would it have altered the exhausting nature of her work?

If I framed the plot where kunle suggests his wife take a less time-demanding job, the females here will scream male chauvinism all over the thread!

But Kunle didn't set out to cheat; he didn't foreconceive the idea.

Kunle did not set out to cheat, this means that even if his wife had provided that 'loving atmosphere' he would have still cheated because it was not preconceived. So why the heck is his wife to blame for his indiscipline? You desperately what the wife to take 100% blame for kunle's actions but I do not understand why and no one on this thread does.

In fact if he had planned to cheat on his wife with the ex because he was tired of being neglected it would make your point stronger.

1 Like

Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Lezzlie(m): 8:36am On Apr 14, 2016
pcguru1:

wink i know right but seriously think about this, what happens should the husband die. you do know the woman has to be the man, that has been my case it's why i support women to take their career life serious, however a responsible woman knows not to put her house in negligence, there are Women MDs in bank who still take care of their family. It's a wrong message to say as a woman you can't be too successful just because are you want to keep your home happy. weird right

I was being utterly sarcastic in the post you quoted with this. grin grin grin
My take? Women should balance out between family and career. With her preference titling more towards family.

I personally love teaching jobs and business where her time is flexible and freer.

Husbands should make their wives their next of kin in any circumstances. Men often die before women anyways, either by nature's call or fate's betrayal or health interruption; we always find a way to go first.

When fully career driven woman only begins to know what she missed after middle age and retirement, then the sad dawning that she's spent her youth and life running the roadmap and objective for a government who don't care two grains of beans about her, or a private firm who can replace her with the speed of Porsche 911.

She'll come back to the family and wonder where she didn't prioritise well.
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Lezzlie(m): 8:39am On Apr 14, 2016
elektra:

Kunle did not set out to cheat, this means that even if his wife had provided that 'loving atmosphere' he would have still cheated because it was not preconceived. So why the heck is his wife to blame for his indiscipline? You desperately what the wife to take 100% blame for kunle's actions but I do not understand why and no one on this thread does.

In fact if he had planned to cheat on his wife with the ex because he was tired of being neglected it would make your point stronger.

For the second time, I'll ask you read the narrative again.
If the wife has provided "the loving atmosphere" kunle would have declined the invitation.

Remember he did decline at first then remembered the lonely super, and long wait.....
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 14, 2016
Lezzlie:

Self contradictory, if you don't care for Kunle and his actions you shouldn't care for the solution to the problems his action caused, after all, it is his marriage isn't it? wink

It's hard to care for a fictional character, i meant i don't care if he wants to cheat but let it not be a filmsy reason, what ever happened to cheating for cheating sake
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by elektra(f): 8:53am On Apr 14, 2016
Lezzlie:
For the second time, I'll ask you read the narrative again.
If the wife has provided "the loving atmosphere" kunle would have declined the invitation.

Remember he did decline at first then remembered the lonely super, and long wait.....

I don't know why my thoughts on the narrative makes you feel I did not read the original post. Just because my opinion does not echo yours does not mean I did not read it. Have a nice night.
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 14, 2016
Lezzlie:

My take? Women should balance out between family and career. With her preference titling more towards family.

I personally love teaching jobs and business where her time is flexible and freer.

Husbands should make their wives their next of kin in any circumstances. Men often die before women anyways, either by nature's call or fate's betrayal or health interruption; we always find a way to go first.

When fully career driven woman only begins to know what she missed after middle age and retirement, then the sad dawning that she's spent her youth and life running the roadmap and objective for a government who don't care two grains of beans about her, or a private firm who can replace her with the speed of Porsche 911.

Obviously i knew it was sarcasm, it actually got to me lol, hard to employ "anti-sarcasm" to disarm it, as much as one should be career minded one should know when to prioritize towards a family, which is why i mentioned that a responsible woman would know to handle the home, because companies don't remember powerpoint presentation during one's funeral.

I know this Kunle thing is fictional but for argument sake, i would employ kunle to try and communicate
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by romme2u: 8:59am On Apr 14, 2016
misspicy2:

What again?

such a nice rhetoric cool
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by misspicy2(f): 9:01am On Apr 14, 2016
danbrowndmf:
i was Dabing na.cheesy
Lol,looks nice,and you are getting fleshier tongue
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by eyinjuege: 9:03am On Apr 14, 2016
Lezzlie:
To begin with, women aren't predisposed to cheating as are men.

Bottom line, it takes much more for women to cheat.

It takes nothing for a woman who is BORED and TIRED of her marriage to cheat!!!

Please, it's a complete fallacy to say women have to premeditate and do some high falloting strategic planning before they cheat.

Opportunities abound! There are fellow married men who's speciality is to chase after married women who they believe have more to lose and won't be as clingy as the single girls. Heck, even some single guys have no respect for marriage.

People meet randomly in trains, buses, supermarkets, on the road in traffic etc and exchange numbers and start dating from there.

2 Likes

Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by misspicy2(f): 9:04am On Apr 14, 2016
romme2u:

such a nice rhetoric cool
tongue
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by danbrowndmf(m): 9:14am On Apr 14, 2016
misspicy2:

Lol,looks nice,and you are getting fleshier tongue
This comment gah me checking that picture again.sad fleshier ke? Oni believe nko ti mon pass through bayi tin ba so fun e.sad
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by bukatyne(f): 9:19am On Apr 14, 2016
Lezzlie:

The notion of role reversal needn't arise. Millions of women don't work and stay at home and tend to the family without the predisposition to cheat.

And whoever told you the mental and physical endurance of men and women are the same?

I see your intent is to justify Kunle cheating...

Good for him.
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by romme2u: 9:22am On Apr 14, 2016
misspicy2:

tongue

this early morning, u want give me badluck for the day.

abi ur winch dey fly for day time
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by misspicy2(f): 9:25am On Apr 14, 2016
danbrowndmf:
This comment gah me checking that picture again.sad fleshier ke? Oni believe nko ti mon pass through bayi tin ba so fun e.sad
Its normal baba

I will still call,soon wink
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by misspicy2(f): 9:30am On Apr 14, 2016
romme2u:

this early morning, u want give me badluck for the day.
abi ur winch dey fly for day time
gringrin

how na
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by bukatyne(f): 9:41am On Apr 14, 2016
Double Post
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by bukatyne(f): 9:45am On Apr 14, 2016
Lezzlie:

1. Anybody (male/female) who prioritizes work over family will always meet an empty home at the end of the day

2. The amount of employees (male/female) who are 'fully career' driven at the expense of their families is a small percentage; infact, most employers have to deal with employees who are disengaged.

3. The time of commuting to work is a major problem especially in areas like Lagos that's why you have more cases of 'career over family' instances here. Banking jobs that have been so demonized in Lagos are embraced in other parts of Nigeria. A relative of mine leaves home past 7am and returns latest 7pm (and yes, she is a banker) etc. etc.

4. Except you are talking of maggi and supermarket business, entrepreneurship ain't beans. Infact, they work 24*7 to make their business run smoothly. Even market women in big markets go every early to the market and leave late abi they are not wives?

5. Anybody that will cheat will cheat. If Kunle respected his marriage, he would not have gone with his ex, it is simple mathematics. Until he has reported his wife to her parents, his parents, the church, her friends, his friends, threatened to separate etc. he has not exhausted all options.

cc: pcguru1

2 Likes

Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by romme2u: 10:05am On Apr 14, 2016
misspicy2:

gringrin

how na

that kind tongue u showed earlier fit make me see demons for broad daylight.

if no be say i............. i for bite that tongue like say i dey chop kpomo
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Lezzlie(m): 11:00am On Apr 14, 2016
bukatyne:

1. Anybody (male/female) who prioritizes work over family will always meet an empty home at the end of the day

2. The amount of employees (male/female) who are 'fully career' driven at the expense of their families is a small percentage; infact, most employers have to deal with employees who are disengaged.

3. The time of commuting to work is a major problem especially in areas like Lagos that's why you have more cases of 'career over family' instances here. Banking jobs that have been so demonized in Lagos are embraced in other parts of Nigeria. A relative of mine leaves home past 7am and returns latest 7pm (and yes, she is a banker) etc. etc.

4. Except you are talking of maggi and supermarket business, entrepreneurship ain't beans. Infact, they work 24*7 to make their business run smoothly. Even market women in big markets go every early to the market and leave late abi they are not wives?

5. Anybody that will cheat will cheat. If Kunle respected his marriage, he would not have gone with his ex, it is simple mathematics. Until he has reported his wife to her parents, his parents, the church, her friends, his friends, threatened to separate etc. he has not exhausted all options.

cc: pcguru1

Most of your submissions are passable, however, number 4 deals on market women. They are their own bosses and they work by their own time. They have the prerogative to employ an assistant or not.

They don't go to strange towns or booked in hotels for seminars and conferences.

And they don't go on transfers too. And running a market isn't as mentally and physically tasking as building a carrier. Women have been trading for years!

I've never found this well-worn catchphrase convincing "anyone that will cheat will cheat"

It's a quick resort to condemning defaulters while providing an escape from looking into the specifics.

1 Like

Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by bukatyne(f): 11:06am On Apr 14, 2016
Lezzlie:

Most of your submissions are passable, however, number 4 deals on market women. They are their own bosses and they work by their own time. They have the prerogative to employ an assistant or not.

They don't go to strange towns or booked in hotels for seminars and conferences.

And they don't go on transfers too. And running a market isn't as mentally and physically tasking as building a carrier. Women have been trading for years!

I've never found this well-worn catchphrase convincing "anyone that will cheat will cheat"

It's a quick resort to condemning defaulters while providing an escape from looking into the specifics.

Big market women don't travel to look for goods?

Whatever bros.
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Lezzlie(m): 11:13am On Apr 14, 2016
bukatyne:

I see your intent is to justify Kunle cheating...

Good for him.
You safely arrived at that conclusion without my help.
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Lezzlie(m): 11:17am On Apr 14, 2016
bukatyne:

Big market women don't travel to look for goods?

Whatever bros.
They rearely, do. Once they make their choices initially, which often involved travelling, subsequent ones are handled by courier and nametags, same thing with motor spare part dealers.
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Lezzlie(m): 11:25am On Apr 14, 2016
eyinjuege:

It takes nothing for a woman who is BORED and TIRED of her marriage to cheat!!!

It takes a great lot of something for any married woman in Africa to each. You are wrong!!!

eyinjuege:

Please, it's a complete fallacy to say women have to premeditate and do some high falloting strategic planning before they cheat.
Oh, boy, this just proves you know next to nothing about the nature of women. Yes women plan cheating often. The married ones, even plot it. You don't know women. And this submission of yours is completely laughable.

Firstly it's in their nature, secondly social convention doesn't permit for them to cheat, especially the married ones. So yes, buddy, they plan it. You got this flat out wrong!
eyinjuege:

Opportunities abound! There are fellow married men who's speciality is to chase after married women who they believe have more to lose and won't be as clingy as the single girls. Heck, even some single guys have no respect for marriage.

People meet randomly in trains, buses, supermarkets, on the road in traffic etc and exchange numbers and start dating from there.
None of the emboldened help the story of the OP
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by danbrowndmf(m): 12:46pm On Apr 14, 2016
misspicy2:

Its normal baba

I will still call,soon wink
lols, u don dy yarn like man..na who be ur baba.cheesy

Na so u dy promise...
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by ZeeAfrica(f): 12:57pm On May 31, 2016
so what would you rather she does? sit home all day and wait for Kunle to come home? or forget prosperity in the work place and settle for being just average? Do you have anything against powerful woman? r u scared of dem? r u more in to housewives? watup with this story of yours? wat r u trying to say exactly?

2 Likes

Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by HaneefahRN(f): 6:13pm On Jun 01, 2016
Still searching for the point of this story. Let us see Kunle as the victim here right? What of women with husbands that come home just on weekends or probably see their husbands couple of times in a month? Or women with husbands with strenuous and long hour jobs. Can we justify them cheating?
I'm sure Jane isn't working for her sake alone but for the good of the family. So he couldn't be bothered to discuss with her, rather resorted to going back to an ex. I just don't get. Even if a man that would cheat has a stay at home wife, he would still find a reason to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Caught His Best Friend And Wife In Bed, Took Nude Selfie With Them (Photos) / Which Type Of Condoms Gives The Most Pleasure During Sex? / Issues With My Help. Advice Needed!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.