Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation (6930 Views)

The 21st Century Woman And Social Media Validation. / Mother Buys Ford Mustang For Her Son For His 21st Birthday (Photos) / Power Of A Woman. A Must Read (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Lezzlie(m): 9:00pm On Apr 11, 2016
cococandy:

It's actually very significant.
Those things aren't little. They mean a lot in the home. If you have a partner who works longer hours than you, it is most likely that they are more stressed at the end of the day than you are.

he should have left out some food for her.
And where was it opined he ate all the food, seing that he only thawed them from the refrigerator. The only allusion you should take from the narrative is that the couples have a habit of cooking in large quantities and keeping them in the refrigerator for easy meals!

And dumping the dishes in the sink doesn't conote that he was leaving it for anyone.

You're still not addressing the main theme!!!
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by misspicy2(f): 9:28pm On Apr 11, 2016
Lezzlie:

I didn't know my situation is this dire?
Perhaps, it may take more than a prayer to suffice.
isn't that the advice y'all give to married women

"stay and endure,keep praying" blah blah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by bukatyne(f): 9:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
Mindfulness:
Jane has got a career.

Kunle got the company he was so missing.

Julia also got what she wanted.

HAPPY END! cheesy

You ehn!
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by bukatyne(f): 10:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
@OP:

If the places were reversed, the proverbial Jane would have still felt lonely and cheat if so inclined.

Lots of couples both work full time & still manage to keep their marriages going.

If Jane gets home by 8pm and cannot find time to relate with her husband then she needs to prioritize & go back to the drawing board.

If Kunle was serious, he would have looked for solutions rather than cheat.

3 Likes

Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Lezzlie(m): 10:11pm On Apr 11, 2016
misspicy2:

isn't that the advice y'all give to married women

"stay and endure,keep praying" blah blah

Not all situations women face in relationships are sought through prayers.

Some are settled beneath the sheets or on the kitchen table, others can be talked through.

You and I are a mystery worth the shroud!
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by elektra(f): 12:11am On Apr 12, 2016
So men did not cheat before the 21st century?
Before women started building careers were men faithful to their wives?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Lezzlie(m): 12:17am On Apr 12, 2016
elektra:
So men did not cheat before the 21st century?
Before women started building careers were men faithful to their wives?
Are you sure you read through the thread?
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Lezzlie(m): 12:25am On Apr 12, 2016
bukatyne:

@OP:

If the places were reversed, the proverbial Jane would have still felt lonely and cheat if so inclined.
If the roles were reversed, Jane would probably be nursing kids all over the house and not putting her carrier before the family. If the roles were reversed, women always find little things to do at home that men always seem to be amazed at

bukatyne:

Lots of couples both work full time & still manage to keep their marriages going.
But we all know, the modern family has become formal and familiar strangers who often meet at later hours of the day. Transfers have separated couples, yes they survive, that's the word.

bukatyne:

If Jane gets home by 8pm and cannot find time to relate with her husband then she needs to prioritize & go back to the drawing board.
It is tiring, when the physical exhaustion of the day's work sets it, belief me, the matrimonial bed will begin to seem so small grin

bukatyne:

If Kunle was serious, he would have looked for solutions rather than cheat.
Kunle never planned on cheating. Read the story again. He just wanted to kill time. It was a happenstance!
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by elektra(f): 12:26am On Apr 12, 2016
Lezzlie:
Are you sure you read through the thread?

I am not sure why you are asking me that question.

The original post suggested that the reason why the husband cheated was because as a 21st century woman, the wife was too busy focusing her career. Did I get the wrong message?

4 Likes

Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Lezzlie(m): 12:30am On Apr 12, 2016
elektra:

I am not sure why you are asking me that question.

The original post suggested that the reason why the husband cheated was because the wife was too busy focusing her career. Did I get the wrong message?
Your allusion to men also cheating in the past century was on a wrong premise.

Kunle's cheating was a one-off, the point in the theme was the absence of a loving atmosphere in the home and the actual circumstances that necessitated the cheating.
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by elektra(f): 12:50am On Apr 12, 2016
Lezzlie:
Your allusion to men also cheating in the past century was on a wrong premise.

Kunle's cheating was a one-off, the point in the theme was the absence of a loving atmosphere in the home and the actual circumstances that necessitated the cheating.

Thanks for your explanation.
It seems to me that I understood the original post. Hence my question, back then when most women were full time housewives, and provided a 'loving atmosphere' in the home. Were their husbands faithful? I am not asking to argue with you or anything.

4 Likes

Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Nobody: 5:08am On Apr 12, 2016
bukatyne:

You ehn!

grin
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Lezzlie(m): 5:20am On Apr 12, 2016
elektra:

Thanks for your explanation.
It seems to me that I understood the original post. Hence my question, back then when most women were full time housewives, and provided a 'loving atmosphere' in the home. Were their husbands faithful? I am not asking to argue with you or anything.
In providing a simple comprehensive answer, Yes.

Yes because divorce wasn't so paramount as it is now.
And it isn't about whether women worked or didn't.

It's that women who worked then, while prioritizing, placed emphasise on their families first.
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by bukatyne(f): 5:26pm On Apr 12, 2016
Lezzlie:

If the roles were reversed, Jane would probably be nursing kids all over the house and not putting her carrier before the family. If the roles were reversed, women always find little things to do at home that men always seem to be amazed at!

Lol! And we still have case of 'cheating wives?'

Lezzlie:
But we all know, the modern family has become formal and familiar strangers who often meet at later hours of the day. Transfers have separated couples, yes they survive, that's the word!

I am obviously not getting the word here

Lezzlie:
It is tiring, when the physical exhaustion of the day's work sets it, belief me, the matrimonial bed will begin to seem so small grin!

I agree and both parties must work on making it big.

Lezzlie:
Kunle never planned on cheating. Read the story again. He just wanted to kill time. It was a happenstance!

Kunle must be a mental baby not to know that 'hot ex" + "loneliness" = Disaster!

2 Likes

Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by bukatyne(f): 5:31pm On Apr 12, 2016
Lezzlie:
In providing a simple comprehensive answer, Yes.

Yes because divorce wasn't so paramount as it is now.
And it isn't about whether women worked or didn't.

It's that women who worked then, while prioritizing, placed emphasise on their families first.

I strongly disagree with you.

Kunle is feeling the heat because he is receiving the short end of the stick. If roles were reserved, Jane would have felt lonely even if she provided the 'loving' atmosphere for Kunle.

As long as both parties do not work in the same organization or stay at home together, they will always be someone in the above scenario if there is no balance.

1 Like

Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by romme2u: 12:36am On Apr 14, 2016
misspicy2:

tongue

u again?
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by nnamdibig(m): 3:38am On Apr 14, 2016
cococandy:

Imagine. He didn't even leave some food for her.
And who did he dump the dishes in the sink for?

What a selfish husband.

And the story did not say any of this neither did it say that she cooks or washes dishes when she returns, so why not focus on the story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Lezzlie(m): 6:36am On Apr 14, 2016
bukatyne:

I strongly disagree with you.

Kunle is feeling the heat because he is receiving the short end of the stick. If roles were reserved, Jane would have felt lonely even if she provided the 'loving' atmosphere for Kunle.

As long as both parties do not work in the same organization or stay at home together, they will always be someone in the above scenario if there is no balance.

The notion of role reversal needn't arise. Millions of women don't work and stay at home and tend to the family without the predisposition to cheat.

And whoever told you the mental and physical endurance of men and women are the same?
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Lezzlie(m): 6:38am On Apr 14, 2016
bukatyne:

Lol! And we still have case of 'cheating wives?'

I am obviously not getting the word here

I agree and both parties must work on making it big.

Kunle must be a mental baby not to know that 'hot ex" + "loneliness" = Disaster!

Hot ex? Tell me, what's the harm in honouring the party invitation of an ex just to while away time?
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by eyinjuege: 6:55am On Apr 14, 2016
Lezzlie:

The notion of role reversal needn't arise. Millions of women don't work and stay at home and tend to the family without the predisposition to cheat.

And whoever told you the mental and physical endurance of men and women are the same?

But how do you know if millions of women who stay at home cheat or not?

Most people cheat because they can, and they have the opportunity.

Nothing stops a woman who meets a nice stranger at the supermarket, exchanges nos with him, they start chatting since she's so bored at home when the kids are in school, and next thing is hooking up all in a day's work. The hubby might have been too busy with his work, coming home late at night, leaving early in the morning, doesn't pick calls when at work and more or less neglects the emotional and physical needs of his wife

2 Likes

Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 14, 2016
KnightX:
...And Jane, in her bid to sacrifice some things like her man's sexual and emotional satisfaction to ascend the zenith of her career stratum which she thinks would secure everything and her future, begins to lose it all - the happiness, her man and a future with him.

Won't it be easy for kunle to communicate this than to start entertaining an ex, it just shows kunle has no respect for his marriage.

4 Likes

Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Lezzlie(m): 7:27am On Apr 14, 2016
eyinjuege:

But how do you know if millions of women who stay at home cheat or not?

Most people cheat because they can, and they have the opportunity.

Nothing stops a woman who meets a nice stranger at the supermarket, exchanges nos with him, they start chatting since she's so bored at home when the kids are in school, and next thing is hooking up all in a day's work. The hubby might have been too busy with his work, coming home late at night, leaving early in the morning, doesn't pick calls when at work and more or less neglects the emotional and physical needs of his wife
To begin with, women aren't predisposed to cheating as are men.

Although, the number (millions) is a conscious execution of hyperbole, but it holds true for a lot of women. Lonley house wife's don't run into a strange men at the grocery store or a shopping mall and exchange numbers and be all cozy. Men are wont to do that not women except she's single and desperately searching, not knowing where the whirlwind of fate will hurl her to.

Women do not cheat because they can.

And men aren't too busy with work to fück their wives; that's a ruse. Either the wife has lost her charms and has become slovenly or .....but why would a wife make it a habit calling the husband during office hours, a text should do.

....wives should stop waiting for the husbands to always make the first move, emotional stress do not overly affect the libido of men as it does women.

After a hard day's work, wives should learn the ball squeaze and the playful art of drawing patterns about his chest , the blood flows faster and desires are reawakened.

It is a sharp contrast to women who work harder and tiring always, as their sexual stimulant is often more emotional than physical.
I can point you to statistics that shows that stress has contributed to early menopause of the modern woman.

Bottom line, it takes much more for women to cheat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Lezzlie(m): 7:32am On Apr 14, 2016
pcguru1:

Won't it be easy for kunle to communicate this than to start entertaining an ex, it just shows kunle has no respect for his marriage.
Will the communication has reduced Jane's working hours? Would it have altered the exhausting nature of her work?

If I framed the plot where kunle suggests his wife take a less time-demanding job, the females here will scream male chauvinism all over the thread!

But Kunle didn't set out to cheat; he didn't foreconceive the idea.
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by nnamdibig(m): 7:37am On Apr 14, 2016
Lezzlie:

Hot ex? Tell me, what's the harm in honouring the party invitation of an ex just to while away time?

Ex is Ex......If you want to while away time, call up your guys & go & take some bottles. If you don't drink then church is your best bet. But honoring the invitation of EX(who may have some thing in mind) is a no no. If the ex really want you to come, why not invite you & your partner so that your partner should be aware of where you are?

3 Likes

Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 14, 2016
Lezzlie:
Will the communication has reduced Jane's working hours? Would it have altered the exhausting nature of her work?

If I framed the plot where kunle suggests his wife take a less time-demanding job, the females here will scream male chauvinism all over the thread!

But Kunle didn't set out to cheat; he didn't foreconceive the idea.
Still not a basis for cheating, there's always going to be a crack in Marriages doesnt mean taking the easiest route out. If roles were reversed won't it be the guys blaming the woman because the guy is working hard to provide and she jumps in an ex's arm. Clearly kunle and guys that fit this are natural cheats all they need is justification. Its clear alot of people don't know what Marriages entails, sadly family section has missed it too. I can never fault a woman for working too hard because I have benefited from such a woman. Women in Nigeria dey try o always having to sacrifice because of a grown baby. That's how I see it

5 Likes

Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Lezzlie(m): 7:41am On Apr 14, 2016
nnamdibig:

Ex is Ex......If you want to while away time, call up your guys & go & take some bottles. If you don't drink then church is your best bet. But honoring the invitation of EX(who may have some thing in mind) is a no no. If the ex really want you to come, why not invite you & your partner so that your partner should be aware of where you are?

It was a happenstance! A party, they weren't going to be alone! He had no foreknowledge of what lies ahead.

Pin it down to a falsely held belief of "l can handle my Ex".
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 14, 2016
Lezzlie:

I need to ask , are you married ?
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Lezzlie(m): 7:55am On Apr 14, 2016
pcguru1:

Still not a basis for cheating, there's always going to be a crack in Marriages doesnt mean taking the easiest route out.
It was a one-off, he didn't plan to cheat when he set off for the party. Cut the guy some slack. He isn't a habitual cheat or a cold one.

pcguru1:

If roles were reversed won't it be the guys blaming the woman because the guy is working hard to provide and she jumps in an ex's arm.
Gender misconception!!! Read my last post to bukatyne!!!

The idea of a woman working harder and longer than her husband shouldn't surfice, that in itself is a distortion marriage of distortion and it's part of the subtle themes of the narrative.

pcguru1:

Clearly kunle and guys that fit this are natural cheats all they need is justification. Its clear alot of people don't know what Marriages entails, sadly family section has missed it too. I can never fault a woman for working too hard because I have benefited from such a woman. Women in Nigeria dey try o always having to sacrifice because of a grown baby. That's how I see it

Are you endorsing for women to work harder and longer than their husbands?
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Lezzlie(m): 8:00am On Apr 14, 2016
pcguru1:

I need to ask , are you married ?
I honestly fail to see how the questions bears on the topic.
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by misspicy2(f): 8:01am On Apr 14, 2016
romme2u:

u again?
What again?
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 14, 2016
Lezzlie:
It was a one-off, he didn't plan to cheat when he set off for the party. Cut the guy some slack. He isn't a habitual cheat or a cold one.

Gender misconception!!! Read my last post to bukatyne!!!

The idea of a woman working harder and longer than her husband shouldn't surfice, that in itself is a distortion marriage of distortion and it's part of the subtle themes of the narrative.

Are you endorsing for women to work harder and longer than their husbands?

I am endorsing for women to work harder and longer if they desire, and husbands should support their wives, I find it weird someone has to attempt career suicide to make another party happy. infact closing by 8:00pm is early she even has it good.
Re: The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation by danbrowndmf(m): 8:12am On Apr 14, 2016
misspicy2:
What again?
got a new profile pishure.:pgrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Divorced Single Mum But Getting Married Again. (please Advise) / 26 Rules For Preventing Your Housemaid From Snatching Your Husband / I Am Beginning To Hate Girls,is This Normal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.