Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,073 members, 7,956,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:14 AM

Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies (6863 Views)

MEN: Please Don’t Ever Consider Marrying These 10 Types Of Women (true Facts) / "Men, Please Marry More Than One Wife If You Can" - Fatima Aliyu Daku / Meet Nigeria Teenager Who Has Won Affection From Foreign Ladies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by Fulaman198(m): 2:21am On Apr 25, 2016
tfcinvests:
lol@Fulaman nice point with the Media brainwashed theocracy.That's the core point of the issue.I'm personally down with my Nigerian ladies anyday anytime.I've done comparaism with women of other races and the Nigerian ladies are doing wonderful in terms of nurturing the home,supportiveness giving care,being there...the Nigerian lady only needs one thing in many cases i find lacking,,to raise their heads high and have some quality self confidence

Yauwa! I'm happy for you. Only an African woman for me too bros. I'm not into that media brainwashed nonsense propagated by the West. I'm very happy and proud to be an African.
Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by Ayomel(m): 3:01am On Apr 25, 2016
Nigerian girls with too much trouble and fake life, lazy just to mention a little all they want is already made man.
Am not saying all of them but 90% are fucking annoying

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by Fulaman198(m): 6:24am On Apr 25, 2016
Ayomel:
Nigerian girls with too much trouble and fake life, lazy just to mention a little all they want is already made man.

Have you met 90% of Nigerian women?
Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by tfcinvests: 6:51am On Apr 25, 2016
@Fulman people will mature we were also at that bus stop before we moved i laff oo when people speak and say every man every woman,but rightly like you pointed,you don't need every woman or man,open you eyes find the right one for you..We often forget the kind of kids you get is a reflection of the mother and training she passes down,this was my own turning point..If you need well trained kids and want them nurtured to become something tomorrow my counsel anyday anytime is look for a well mannered and trained Nigerian woman simple !

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by Fulaman198(m): 7:34am On Apr 25, 2016
tfcinvests:
@Fulman people will mature we were also at that bus stop before we moved i laff oo when people speak and say every man every woman,but rightly like you pointed,you don't need every woman or man,open you eyes find the right one for you..We often forget the kind of kids you get is a reflection of the mother and training she passes down,this was my own turning point..If you need well trained kids and want them nurtured to become something tomorrow my counsel anyday anytime is look for a well mannered and trained Nigerian woman simple !

100% true
Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by edetty(m): 8:51am On Apr 25, 2016
ireneony:
Nigeria is truly blessed with beautiful, culture, etiquette, endowed, slim and nice ladies. Nigerian ladies comes in different shapes and skin tone.

Guys, pls stop going after foreign ladies cos what you are looking for in America, Brazil, spain, Ethiopia, e.t.c you can find them here.
I can't help but wonder why Nigerian men would go at any length to please foreign ladies and lavish them with expensive gifts. The same men will call Nigerian ladies gold diggers undecided at any given opportunity.

Nigeria ladies are the most beautiful, independent, supportive, intelligent and respectful women in the world.

Nigeria men please stop insulting your women remember they are your mothers, aunties, cousins, e.t.c

I just have to air my thoughts because I can't stand why would any sane nigeria man put foreign ladies on pedestal.

You sound and make it seem like the entire Nigerian men are either at the international airport or foreign embassy seeking to travel right now as I quote this,going abroad to marry or patronize a foreign lady like you claim, what's bad in freedom of choice and desire,I for one prefer light skin ladies for strict sexual and psychological reasons best known to me,,do I don't mind if she's Nigerian or not,as long as she is the right person for me,all the weddings the past six months in Nigeria and abroad, how many have u seen married to foreign women,, stop proposing a solution to no problem

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by Leriebloom(f): 8:59am On Apr 25, 2016
Their business. They choose to go after the white chicks, their choice. We all have choices, they av thiers, we girls have ours too grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by Roozzaay(m): 10:46am On Apr 25, 2016
Fulaman bro, I won't patronize foreign ladies, but will start patronizing alien ladies and I need your support on this one. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by Fawklicant: 11:17am On Apr 25, 2016
Proud African man. All I need is a proudly African woman ready to stand by her man. Unfortunately for Nigerian women, the grab all you can mentality is only increasing by the day. The average Nigerian woman has a way of making a man feel inadequate as she is always on the lookout for a 'richer' dude, the ready--made mentality. With a lot of other African/foreign women, you feel like a king that you are just the way you are. Why would I want to be with someone whose major attraction to me is my status/.bank account?. Men need encouragement just like women need attention, how many Nigerian women encourage their men in perilious times and not nag the hell outta them?

She pretends she loves you regardless right? Tell her you are not predisposed to proclivities like an elaborate wedding ceremony or birthdays and guage how she starts looking for the next exit.

A lot of Nigerian women are no longer supportive. They are selfish and see their man as competition of some sort. I do not mean to bash women, no! Far from it, but just stating the obvious. Men got thier issues too. Plenty! But more often than not, a woman would make or mar her man. A true African woman knows that the power to make a marriage work rests mostly on the woman. This doesnt absolve the man of any culpability, but a wise woman will more likely work out her marital challenges than a regular one. Most truly successful African men have their wives/.mothers as their pillar.

Nigerian men a lot of times voice out these imbalances and are termed women bashers. Yes, some take it to the extreme and need to be berated but you hardly see a Nigerian man with a true African woman partner complain about these things. The men too are evolving in horrid ways. The root cause of this malaise is what @Fawklicant cannot explain at the moment.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by baba11(m): 11:56am On Apr 25, 2016
Ayomel:
This is partially true sha..tell anyone of them that you don't have any money...that na garri u dey drink everyday...before u no it...she go don pick race tongue

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by cocoama(f): 4:48pm On Apr 25, 2016
Fulaman198:

I'm a traditionalist who actually cares about my culture, unlike people like you who love being white-washed and speaking with either a British or French accent, aka the WannabeEuropeans. Can you speak your native language without using English? Can you even speak your native language? Yes, it is important.

Unlike people like me? Do you even know me? FYI i can speak my language fluently and can cook all my native african dishes. I am very proud to be african and am proud of where i come from. What i have a problem with is people like you who believe they are all mighthier than thou and look down on other people. If someone happens to fall inlove with someone from a different country, culture, background, race then why should i look down on them for that sole reason. Sometimes you find love in unexpected places and it has nothing to do with being brainwashed. I guess i am just open minded. Let love lead and stop with all this xenophobia, tribalism and racism. Lets just agree to disagree.
Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by Fulaman198(m): 5:31pm On Apr 25, 2016
cocoama:

Unlike people like me? Do you even know me? FYI i can speak my language fluently and can cook all my native african dishes. I am very proud to be african and am proud of where i come from. What i have a problem with is people like you who believe they are all mighthier than thou and look down on other people. If someone happens to fall inlove with someone from a different country, culture, background, race then why should i look down on them for that sole reason. Sometimes you find love in unexpected places and it has nothing to do with being brainwashed. I guess i am just open minded. Let love lead and stop with all this xenophobia, tribalism and racism. Lets just agree to disagree.

Do you even know what love is? Or are you just misinformed by what the media tells you and propagates to you? I know people who are just like you who follow this false sense of what they think "love" is, because the media tells them that it is love. How do you know that you can't find love within your own respective nationality? Often, when people venture out to seek someone else, they often have a bit of self-hatred and secretly wish to be with Y who is from a completely different cultural upbringing.

There are roughly 70 million Nigerian men. I will call immediate bullcrap if you can not find one of them to love you. Within the continent there are 500 million or so African men, if you truly believe that you can't find one to love you then you are in utter denial.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by Fulaman198(m): 5:34pm On Apr 25, 2016
Roozzaay:
Fulaman bro, I won't patronize foreign ladies, but will start patronizing alien ladies and I need your support on this one. grin

You don't have to patronize other women to get a point across my brother. I will always prefer African ladies though, that's just how it is. Welcome back, it has been a very long time. Did you find your beautiful Fulani darling yet cheesy cheesy cheesy?
Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by NevetsIbot(m): 6:33pm On Apr 25, 2016
let's see
Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by tfcinvests: 6:48pm On Apr 25, 2016
Una don turn am to war o..

@y Fawklicant i disagree on how you painted the Nigerian women o.It's your eyes.If the eyes is good it will see good.Many times our eyes see our own vision of the world.Atleast i have friends married in USA SA etc to white ladies the way Nigerian women keeps the house,nurture the children,endure torment,wash your clothes,gets you loan when you are broke,helps you in brainstorming problems you think the white lady would do that ? The whole white lady thing na fantasy jor,i've matured beyond that point. You think many guys that supports marrying white ladies are man enough to tell their white ladies that's if they ever see one before they die in person to take a broom and sweep the ground ?

My Buddy that married the American lady when ever he gets broke,the wife sits on the couch with Tv and tells him you're the one who wanted to get married go do something to fix this ..

Now i don't mean white ladies are bad.but many time when things look different to us we assume they are better and go for the somewhat different option only to find out in the middle of the road it's just an optical illusion and as the yoruba's would say iwaju ose lo,eyin o se pada si.

May God help us

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by cocoama(f): 6:51pm On Apr 25, 2016
Fulaman198:

Do you even know what love is? Or are you just misinformed by what the media tells you and propagates to you? I know people who are just like you who follow this false sense of what they think "love" is, because the media tells them that it is love. How do you know that you can't find love within your own respective nationality? Often, when people venture out to seek someone else, they often have a bit of self-hatred and secretly wish to be with Y who is from a completely different cultural upbringing.

There are roughly 70 million Nigerian men. I will call immediate bullcrap if you can not find one of them to love you. Within the continent there are 500 million or so African men, if you truly believe that you can't find one to love you then you are in utter denial.

Have you been in a relationship before? Have you been in love before? Do you know whether am engaged or even married? Do you know whether am dating someone from same country as i am? Really you need to stop with the assumptions and generalisations. Firstly i am not Nigerian nor living in Africa so the 70 million Nigerian men comment does not really apply to me or the 500 million african men thing.

I have always preferred to date someone from same country as me. That has always been my number one preference and i believe even with the Africans in diaspora they feel the same way. However mind you, its not always easy getting an African guy from your particular country and hence that's why some are more open to other africans, carribean, Dominican etc guys. It has nothing to do with brainwashing but more of a supply and demand kinda thing. Please don't get me started with the media bruhahaha BS. I am not a 4 year old besides if i was as "brainwashed" as you love to proclaim then i would not even be "wearing my natural hair" and if i was so "white washed" as you claim i would not even be on this african forum.

I am not going to dwell into my personal life but i have never dated a white guy and personally have not really had the urge too. I prefer black men and would even go for latino before white. But if i met a non black man who had all the qualities i want in a man then i will go for such a man. People find love in all different places. I have a friend who married a Nigerian guy and people were asking her why didn't she marry from her country. There are so many of her country men why did she choose a Nigerian guy. does that mean she is brainwashed as well? Yes you get women and men who are self hating but it does not apply to everyone in intercultural/interracial relationships. Anybody who chooses to marry someone or date someone sorely because of their skin colour or believe one race is superior to another is suffering from inferiority complex plain and simple.

I work in a company that is like 95% white and i hate it and have had more than my few share of racism and other stuff. I could go around hating white people but i don't have the time nor energy for that. Secondly not everyone is the same.

Stop being so judgemental and get off your high horse. One thing i hate is when people judge other people for no just reason. people who feel they are better than others. Everyone is free and entitled to be with who they want to be. Their choice. I may say i will never date an indian/arab man but if someone does am not going to castigate them for it because its not my life nor my business.

You can still be pro black and pro african without being close minded and judgemental.

But do you know what i find hypocritical about Africans are we are worse than the so called white people. Why are we so focused on white and other irrelevant stuff instead of focusing on ourselves. you hear such nonsense that no i cant marry this person because of her tribe, i cant marry this person because he is not Ghanaian, Nigerian etc yet we are all blacks and Africans. i cant marry this person because they are too dark or too light. This is utter nonsense and the real brainwashing that we need to get rid of instead of killing yourself over people who are in interracial relationships

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by tfcinvests: 6:58pm On Apr 25, 2016
@Cocoama the emotions in the undertone of your letter expresses some more to it that..mehn ( i'm very busy i wish i could take my time to pour out my spirit ) I believe in perspective posturing.Once i hear people speak about a thing in a way it helps depicts their believes and more about themselves than even the issues they speak about.Contrary to what many ladies think or say whether Nigerian on non-Nigerian,Nigerian guys are very good and great i know and have met a handful of guys in my life time as my work carries me to and fro but u know the problem with the good guys and why the so-called bad guys take the show..We always working working and working...I use myself as an example.over 7years Pc or here or Evangelism or this or that or helping a project and i just said this year no way,this time to date the same thing to over 10guys i mentioned above.Great guys great potentials but work work and work..

May God help us.

By the way u look depressed in that pic on your profile..
Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by cocoama(f): 7:07pm On Apr 25, 2016
[quote author=tfcinvests post=45036501]@Cocoama the emotions in the undertone of your letter expresses some more to it that..mehn ( i'm very busy i wish i could take my time to pour out my spirit ) I believe in perspective posturing.Once i hear people speak about a thing in a way it helps depicts their believes and more about themselves than even the issues they speak about.Contrary to what many ladies think or say whether Nigerian on non-Nigerian,Nigerian guys are very good and great i know and have met a handful of guys in my life time as my work carries me to and fro but u know the problem with the good guys and why the so-called bad guys take the show..We always working working and working...I use myself as an example.over 7years Pc or here or Evangelism or this or that or helping a project and i just said this year no way,this time to date the same thing to over 10guys i mentioned above.Great guys great potentials but work work and work..

May God help us.

[b]By the way u look depressed in that pic on your profile..[/[/b]quote] grin grin grin grin lol that is so funny. Maybe it is because i am depressed as you probably detected once you went through my profile wink

I don't know where you coming from with the whole Nigerian men thing. I never said Nigerian men are bad. You will find good and bad men in every country and it would be very stupid to generalise a whole population as bad by encountering a few bad eggs. My problem was with what Fulaman was saying that people who find love outside their nationality/country/race is brainwashed and "media" washed. But i cant really blame him, people generally base their opinions on experiences even if it can be a bit....cant find the right word for it now smiley
Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by Fulaman198(m): 7:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
cocoama:

Have you been in a relationship before? Have you been in love before? Do you know whether am engaged or even married? Do you know whether am dating someone from same country as i am? Really you need to stop with the assumptions and generalisations. Firstly i am not Nigerian nor living in Africa so the 70 million Nigerian men comment does not really apply to me or the 500 million african men thing.

I have always preferred to date someone from same country as me. That has always been my number one preference and i believe even with the Africans in diaspora they feel the same way. However mind you, its not always easy getting an African guy from your particular country and hence that's why some are more open to other africans, carribean, Dominican etc guys. It has nothing to do with brainwashing but more of a supply and demand kinda thing. Please don't get me started with the media bruhahaha BS. I am not a 4 year old besides if i was as "brainwashed" as you love to proclaim then i would not even be "wearing my natural hair" and if i was so "white washed" as you claim i would not even be on this african forum.

I am not going to dwell into my personal life but i have never dated a white guy and personally have not really had the urge too. I prefer black men and would even go for latino before white. But if i met a non black man who had all the qualities i want in a man then i will go for such a man. People find love in all different places. I have a friend who married a Nigerian guy and people were asking her why didn't she marry from her country. There are so many of her country men why did she choose a Nigerian guy. does that mean she is brainwashed as well? Yes you get women and men who are self hating but it does not apply to everyone in intercultural/interracial relationships. Anybody who chooses to marry someone or date someone sorely because of their skin colour or believe one race is superior to another is suffering from inferiority complex plain and simple.

I work in a company that is like 95% white and i hate it and have had more than my few share of racism and other stuff. I could go around hating white people but i don't have the time nor energy for that. Secondly not everyone is the same.

Stop being so judgemental and get off your high horse. One thing i hate is when people judge other people for no just reason. people who feel they are better than others. Everyone is free and entitled to be with who they want to be. Their choice. I may say i will never date an indian/arab man but if someone does am not going to castigate them for it because its not my life nor my business.

You can still be pro black and pro african without being close minded and judgemental.

But do you know what i find hypocritical about Africans are we are worse than the so called white people. Why are we so focused on white and other irrelevant stuff instead of focusing on ourselves. you hear such nonsense that no i cant marry this person because of her tribe, i cant marry this person because he is not Ghanaian, Nigerian etc yet we are all blacks and Africans. i cant marry this person because they are too dark or too light. This is utter nonsense and the real brainwashing that we need to get rid of instead of killing yourself over people who are in interracial relationships

Ok
Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by cocoama(f): 7:11pm On Apr 25, 2016
Fulaman198:

Ok
You quoted all that just to say ok shocked tongue
Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by Fulaman198(m): 7:13pm On Apr 25, 2016
cocoama:
You quoted all that just to say ok shocked tongue

Well, it was unfair of me to make any assumptions about you and for that I'm sorry.

For me personally, I could never be with someone who thought of themselves higher than me, and in my own culture we teach "semteende" which is modesty. Western culture does not teach that. They teach one to be boastful and to put others down. That's why I could never marry a white woman personally. African women will always be my #1.
Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by tfcinvests: 7:14pm On Apr 25, 2016
@Cocoaama i've never been in a serious relationship so i can't really argue with you guys..and i didn't need to read your thread to know you look dep...the undertone of your letter carry emotions that ratted you out...

All the best guys

We need our comedians etc to start shedding good light on the quality we've got i believe if we cultivate what we have we get better results than keep discarding things because of their imperfections.Wonder if there would be an Earth if God after Adam and Eve ate the apple destroyed the world ?

Cos till now he'll still be creating over and over and each new breed of man would keep falling....

Guys...all the best
Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by cocoama(f): 7:19pm On Apr 25, 2016
Fulaman198:

Well, it was unfair of me to make any assumptions about you and for that I'm sorry.

For me personally, I could never be with someone who thought of themselves higher than me, and in my own culture we teach "semteende" which is modesty. Western culture does not teach that. They teach one to be boastful and to put others down. That's why I could never marry a white woman personally. African women will always be my #1.
Yep i feel the same way about African men. But "foreign women" does not necessarily mean only white women. Women from your neighbouring countries are also a foreign women. I guess we just tend to generalise so hasty even without knowing the situation or circumstances of other peoples relationships. So summing all people as brainwashed was were i kinda had to butt in a bit.

Apology accepted smiley. I apologise too on my behalf. I know sometimes i can get a bit carried a way embarassed I hope i didn't come off as too harsh

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by Fulaman198(m): 7:33pm On Apr 25, 2016
cocoama:
Yep i feel the same way about African men. But "foreign women" does not necessarily mean only white women. Women from your neighbouring countries are also a foreign women. I guess we just tend to generalise so hasty even without knowing the situation or circumstances of other peoples relationships. So summing all people as brainwashed was were i kinda had to butt in a bit.

Apology accepted smiley. I apologise too on my behalf. I know sometimes i can get a bit carried a way embarassed I hope i didn't come off as too harsh

Nah it's ok, being a Fulani man though, I don't necessarily view other African women in neighbouring countries as foreign. I'm African first, Nigerian second and Fulani third. We are a nomadic people and we are in every West African country and some Central African countries as well.
Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by ayamAgenius: 7:40pm On Apr 25, 2016
ireneony:
Nigeria is truly blessed with beautiful, culture, etiquette, endowed, slim and nice ladies. Nigerian ladies comes in different shapes and skin tone.

Guys, pls stop going after foreign ladies cos what you are looking for in America, Brazil, spain, Ethiopia, e.t.c you can find them here.
I can't help but wonder why Nigerian men would go at any length to please foreign ladies and lavish them with expensive gifts. The same men will call Nigerian ladies gold diggers undecided at any given opportunity.

Nigeria ladies are the most beautiful, independent, supportive, intelligent and respectful women in the world.

Nigeria men please stop insulting your women remember they are your mothers, aunties, cousins, e.t.c

I just have to air my thoughts because I can't stand why would any sane nigeria man put foreign ladies on pedestal.

Wld you be so kind to patronise me? undecided
Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by Fawklicant: 12:00am On Apr 26, 2016
tfcinvests:
Una don turn am to war o..

@y Fawklicant i disagree on how you painted the Nigerian women o.It's your eyes.If the eyes is good it will see good.Many times our eyes see our own vision of the world.Atleast i have friends married in USA SA etc to white ladies the way Nigerian women keeps the house,nurture the children,endure torment,wash your clothes,gets you loan when you are broke,helps you in brainstorming problems you think the white lady would do that ? The whole white lady thing na fantasy jor,i've matured beyond that point. You think many guys that supports marrying white ladies are man enough to tell their white ladies that's if they ever see one before they die in person to take a broom and sweep the ground ?

My Buddy that married the American lady when ever he gets broke,the wife sits on the couch with Tv and tells him you're the one who wanted to get married go do something to fix this ..

Now i don't mean white ladies are bad.but many time when things look different to us we assume they are better and go for the somewhat different option only to find out in the middle of the road it's just an optical illusion and as the yoruba's would say iwaju ose lo,eyin o se pada si.

May God help us

I talked about African women, not American women. That one is a different ball game. Read my comment again and you'll understand my POV better.
Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by mikolo80: 10:38pm On Apr 26, 2016
ireneony:

because the foreign women reciprocate.all ya'll do is bring d drama
Re: Nigerian Men Please Stop Patronising Foreign Ladies by Roozzaay(m): 5:12pm On Aug 29, 2016
Fulaman198:

You don't have to patronize other women to get a point across my brother. I will always prefer African ladies though, that's just how it is. Welcome back, it has been a very long time. Did you find your beautiful Fulani darling yet cheesy cheesy cheesy?

Just kidding then bro, yeah been a while, jam na? And about the dream beautiful fulani darling, i haven't, i'm even thinking of relocating to Adamawa cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This love chat made me cry.. / 16 Year Old Girl's Brilliant Response To Boy's Request For Nude Photos / Check Out These Curvy Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.