Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign (60348 Views)

Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement / Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved / Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by ceaser: 10:26pm On Apr 11, 2016
chimaobinelson:
even if the country is undergoing some financial constraint and saving n scraping some proposal becomes needful,the president shud not alter any project dt in anyway benefit de southerners...
in my mind i think Amechi made d lagos-calabar projct inclusiv, b4 submiting to the president,unknown to him dt d extremist PMB Had scraped it b4 giving it to d senate,n now d southerners r pressing on dea ministr n lawmakers? Amechi had to spk in defenc of wat he submited

Haba! Why are you like this? So much hate that makes you to distort the truth, all just to justify your imagination and foist that error on other unsuspecting wailers.

Diaris godu oooo.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Realist2: 10:27pm On Apr 11, 2016
I love this part '' The original version of the 2016 budget was surreptitiously swapped and we ended up having two versions of the 2016 budget which was almost incomprehensible and heavily padded in a manner that portrays gross incompetence ''.
Hmm Buhari stop embarrassing Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by 1miccza: 10:27pm On Apr 11, 2016
Lilimax:
I tell you but our future will surely be bright; instead the LIGHT will consume all evil and dark agents in Nigeria. embarassed

Amen oo
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:28pm On Apr 11, 2016
mobaking:
If anybody thinks any Nigerian legislator went to Abuja because of his people, that person is on a long thing.What is constituency project?. An avenue for fraud.
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by aresa: 10:28pm On Apr 11, 2016
Ok let's get this straight.

The most major project probably in the history of Nigeria costing $12billion in your backyard to develope your land and create job for your people was just taken away to develop other people's backyard at the expense of your people and these losers are happy just because they hate the president who is actualy looking out for them and Amaechi who's fighting to deliver on your behalf.....

Den swear for you people ni? Very soon you go begin shout marginalization and neglect left and right.

Seriously, you people don't deserve anything, you people are too insane, morally and socialiy immature to be part of any sane society..

4 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Xano(m): 10:29pm On Apr 11, 2016
Buhari is disgracing this country the more. He is at an impasse with the Senate. Publicly, the Senate has published their annoyance.

Now, information from President's visit to China has it that Chinese government has informed President Buhari:

"Honour all our arrangements with the Goodluck Ebele Jonathan or else you will not get any loan from us."

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by comrChris(m): 10:30pm On Apr 11, 2016
imagine who now removed it?? this is getting too much, this govt has played with our intelligence for too long,,,confusion and lying is what they have been doing since they took over

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by ipreach: 10:30pm On Apr 11, 2016
ogaJona:
h
He-goats
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by 1miccza: 10:30pm On Apr 11, 2016
*Singing in Spanish* kikikikikikiki breeze don dey blow fowl yansh open.. I fit turn Prophet ooo,i just told someone on that Sambo's'thread that one day their white lies would be exposed,never knew it would come this soon...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by nortcentrallord(m): 10:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
Gradually the truth is coming out. So the Law makers has been covering the cluelessness of the presidency. Where is the checks and balance now? What a shame.

These apc led administration is just clueless and the president is the most clueless of all. All he ever criticized, he has done and even more. May the devil rule the lives of all those who are still supporting him and apc the way they are ruling Nigeria right now. Amen.
If you are one and you can't answer amen then you are a degenerated buffoon so don't bother to quote me.

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by foriz4u(m): 10:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
odinese:
[size=15pt]i if should include bubu in this, Pls let know one talk sh!t ooooooo.

Now,bubu said he wants changi abi? How can a sane man take over 3months just to appoint ministers and we Nigerians waited patiently(waiting for the changi), and all of a sudden we saw amaechi, fashola and other old dummies(ex governors) in the list of ministers.
Isn't it stupidity? Are we Nigerians tha stupid?
I may not be following the gibberish written up there, cos I know that the Senates, minsters and Co are all bunch of hypocrites and buhari is a dumbass. Believe me...
There are alot of fresh graduates, intelligent young people who could have filled up those post, but the dullardinhó went ahead to fix confusion and darkness everywhere. [/size]
u call us silly, now tell me...what wud u have us do? trek to asorock n seize them all? or didn't u read how a student protesting peacefully was shot dead today?
my guy we can't do notin even if nobody in Nigeria vote they will still put sb by themselves n then do wat the like.

its so pathetic...we r slave in our own nation under our own leaders.

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Xano(m): 10:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
post=44618157:
The Nigerian Senate has asked the Minister of Transport, Chibuike Amaechi, to resign his appointment as Minister or apologize to the Senate and Nigerians over the Lagos-Calabar rail project that has generated a lot controversies in the last 48 hours. Members of the National Assembly and the presidency have been at loggerheads after media reports alleged that the National Assembly members had removed the Lagos-Calabar rail project from the budget presented to it by President Buhari.

The reports alleged that the National Assembly members diverted the money meant for the said project to the Lagos-Kano project, favoring the Northern region. Speaker of the House of Representatives Yakubu Dogara and Chairman House Committee on Appropriation Abdulmumin Jibrin, via their twitter handles refuted the claims while the Chairman Senate Committee on Transport, Gbenga Ashafa, in a statement he released, said although the project was not included in the original budget forwarded to the National Assembly by Buhari, Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi approached his committee to include the said project.

Read the senate's position on the matter below...

The Senate today (Monday, April 11) advised the Presidency to come clean with Nigerians on the 2016 Budget and stop engaging in surreptitious campaigns of calumny against the Senate in order to cover up its serial errors.

Reacting to claims in the media credited to the Executive arm of government on the 2016 budget, Senator Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi, chairman, Senate Committee on Media and Public Affairs, in a statement in Abuja, said the National Assembly had bent backwards to wring a coherent document out of the excessively flawed and chaotic versions of the budget proposal submitted to the National Assembly.

He said : "while the executive is mandated to prepare and lay before the National Assembly a proposed budget detailing projects to be executed, it should be made clear that the responsibility and power of appropriation lies with the National Assembly. If the presidency expects us to return the budget proposal to them without any adjustments, then some people must be living in a different era and probably have not come to terms with democracy."

"We make bold to say however, that the said Lagos-Calabar rail project was not included in the budget proposal presented to the National Assembly by President Muhammadu Buhari and we challenge anyone who has any evidence to the contrary to present such to Nigerians."

Since the beginning of the 2016 budget process, it is clear that the National Assembly has suffered all manners of falsehood, deliberate distortion of facts, and outright blackmail, deliberately aimed at poisoning the minds of the people against the institution of the National Assembly. We have endured this with equanimity in the overall interest of Nigerians. Even when the original submission was surreptitiously swapped and we ended up having two versions of the budget, which was almost incomprehensible and heavily padded in a manner that betrays lack of coordination and gross incompetence, we refused to play to the gallery and instead helped the Executive to manage the hugely embarrassing situation it has brought upon itself; but enough is enough."

"This latest antics of this particular minister of transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, is reckless, uncalled for and dangerously divisive. Apart from setting the people of the southern part of the country against their northern compatriots, it potentially sets the people against their lawmakers from the concerned constituencies and sets the lawmakers against themselves. This manner of reprehensible Mischief has no place in a democracy. We hereby demand from Mr. Amaechi a publicly tendered apology if he is not able to show evidence that the Lagos-Calabar road project was included in the budget. Otherwise, he should resign forthwith.

"Finally, by the provision of Section 81 (4) (a) and (b) of the constitution, the President is allowed to sign the budget and kick-start the implementation of the other areas that constitute over 90 percent of the budget where there is agreement between both arms, even as we engage ourselves to resolve the contentious areas, if there were any. We therefore maintain that even this contrived discrepancies are not sufficient excuse not to sign the budget into law."

"We therefore urge President Buhari to sign the 2016 budget without any further delay. For every additional day that the president withholds his assent from the bill, the hardship in the land, which is already becoming intolerable for the masses of our people gets even more complicated. Certainly, as primary representatives of the people we shall not vacate our responsibility and watch the people continue to suffer unduly."

Signed
Sen. Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi
Chairman, Senate Committee on Media and Public Affairs

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/04/senate-ask-amaechi-to-resign.html

https://m.facebook.com/senatengr/posts/999410963447579?fbt_id=999410963447579&lul&ref_component=mbasic_photo_permalink_actionbar&_rdr#s_d72792c1e80ec35640a49ce197dacb02
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 11, 2016
tuale4u:
All dis nothern senators is not thier fault. If not for d stupidity of my Niger Delta brothers who are so fixated on Hating Buhari due to Instigation by the Igbos as a result of Jonathan loss, this senators wont be bold enough to openly admit adding more money to Kano rail at the expence of Calabar rail. When in d same speech, the same senator is telling us they have d power to add and remove any item from d budget.

If they can add and remove any item from d budget as they claim, why is it Niger Delta project that they are removing due to flimsy excuse that it was not on d original document despite d fact that it was presented to them in d senate as an addedum.

The greatest traitors to d Niger Delta right now are those fools, and extreme bitter people who are ready to kill d development of Niger Delta just because they hate Buhari 4 cheap political point.

The truth is dat Buhari got nothing to lose. He is a 72year old man who has been Governor, Minister, millitary head of state and today democratically elected president. He is already a great achiever.

We Niger Delta people are being foolish and myopic. We must protest against NASS.

We must not give away what belong to us just because Jonathan lost election. Niger Delta is bigger than Jonathan loss. We must move on and stop harming ourselves. Jonathan is a Beneficiary of Niger Delta Struggle. He was never part of d struggle. We must not destroy our region jus because of a benefiary who never contributed much to our region when he got d opportunity.

We are just being stupid and foolish.

According to Peter Obi former Governor of Anambra state, Igbo are d cause of thier maginalisation because they dont know how to negotiate politically when others (North and South west) are negotiating for thier people.

My Niger delta brothers, please we must not end up like them. We should be wiser.

The Lagos Calabar rail is just named Lagos Calabar . The Rail actually goes from Lagos to Calabar to Aba to PortHarcourt to Ughelli to Sapele to Benin and to Ore to Ibadan and back to lagos. It is South west, South South and South East rail. The rail is expected to also link Onitcha and Asaba and Warri.

We claim we are more educated than the North. We brag with our worthless PhDs. Notherners with ordinary primary Six certificates are dribbling our PhD senators like Lionel Messi.
you can talk for Africa sha, 1 like for u.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by PHIPEX(m): 10:32pm On Apr 11, 2016
tuale4u:
All dis nothern senators is not thier fault. If not for d stupidity of my Niger Delta brothers who are so fixated on Hating Buhari due to Instigation by the Igbos as a result of Jonathan loss, this senators wont be bold enough to openly admit adding more money to Kano rail at the expence of Calabar rail. When in d same speech, the same senator is telling us they have d power to add and remove any item from d budget.

If they can add and remove any item from d budget as they claim, why is it Niger Delta project that they are removing due to flimsy excuse that it was not on d original document despite d fact that it was presented to them in d senate as an addedum.

The greatest traitors to d Niger Delta right now are those fools, and extreme bitter people who are ready to kill d development of Niger Delta just because they hate Buhari 4 cheap political point.

The truth is dat Buhari got nothing to lose. He is a 72year old man who has been Governor, Minister, millitary head of state and today democratically elected president. He is already a great achiever.

We Niger Delta people are being foolish and myopic. We must protest against NASS.

We must not give away what belong to us just because Jonathan lost election. Niger Delta is bigger than Jonathan loss. We must move on and stop harming ourselves. Jonathan is a Beneficiary of Niger Delta Struggle. He was never part of d struggle. We must not destroy our region jus because of a benefiary who never contributed much to our region when he got d opportunity.

According to Peter Obi former Governor of Anambra state, Igbo are d cause of thier maginalisation because they dont know how to negotiate politically when others (North and South west) are negotiating for thier people.

My Niger delta brothers, please we must not end up like them. We should be wiser.

The Lagos Calabar rail is just named Lagos Calabar . The Rail actually goes from Lagos to Calabar to Aba to PortHarcourt to Ughelli to Sapele to Benin and to Ore to Ibadan and back to lagos. It is South west, South South and South East rail. The rail is expected to also link Onitcha and Asaba and Warri.

We claim we are more educated than the North. We brag with our worthless PhDs. Notherners with ordinary primary Six certificates are dribbling our PhD senators like Lionel Messi.
You wrote this nonsense just to get likes. How has a press release turned to an attacke on the Igbos?

4 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by 1miccza: 10:32pm On Apr 11, 2016
aresa:
Ok let's get this straight.

The most major project probably in the history of Nigeria costing $12billion in your backyard to develope your land and create job for your people was just taken away to develop other people's backyard at the expense of your people and these losers are happy just because they hate the president who is actualy looking out for them and Amaechi who's fighting to deliver on your behalf.....

Den swear for you people ni? Very soon you go begin shout marginalization and neglect left and right.

Seriously, you people don't deserve anything, you people are too insane, morally and socialiy immature to be part of any sane society..

Read the post again bro
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by coolbis: 10:33pm On Apr 11, 2016
odinese:
[size=15pt]i if should include bubu in this, Pls let know one talk sh!t ooooooo.

Now,bubu said he wants changi abi? How can a sane man take over 3months just to appoint ministers and we Nigerians waited patiently(waiting for the changi), and all of a sudden we saw amaechi, fashola and other old dummies(ex governors) in the list of ministers.
Isn't it stupidity? Are we Nigerians that stupid?
I may not be following the gibberish written up there, cos I know that the Senates, minsters and Co are all bunch of hypocrites and buhari is a dumbass. Believe me...
There are alot of fresh graduates, intelligent young people who could have filled up those post, but the dullardinhó went ahead to fix confusion and darkness everywhere. [/size]
young, intelligent and fresh graduates who cannot write a simple cover letter without an error. Dont get emotional, such offices are not meant for rookies.
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by 1miccza: 10:34pm On Apr 11, 2016
foriz4u:

u call us silly, now tell me...what wud u have us do? trek to asorock n seize them all? or didn't u read how a student protesting peacefully was shot dead today?
my guy we can't do notin even if nobody in Nigeria vote they will still put sb by themselves n then do wat the like.

its so pathetic...we r slave in our own nation under our own leaders.

My brother i've mulled over this in my closet and arrived @ da same conclusion,God help us all,we've been caged in our own Country...
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by nortcentrallord(m): 10:35pm On Apr 11, 2016
Xano:
Buhari is disgracing this country the more. He is at an impasse with the Senate. Publicly, the Senate has published their annoyance.

Now, information from President's visit to China has it that Chinese government has informed President Buhari:

"Honour all our arrangements with the Goodluck Ebele Jonathan or else you will not get any loan from us."

I thought they said with US, they don't need China. Hahahahahahaha. Bubu d joker. He can now find the next country to jet off to borrow. Maybe Greece can help him. Hahahahahaha. I wonder the agreement he has been signing. I hoppe he hasn't been selling Nigeria unknowing to him and Nigerians.
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by ipreach: 10:36pm On Apr 11, 2016
MzMercie:
Wetin we no go c for NIGERIA!
Kids talk
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by yinka40(m): 10:38pm On Apr 11, 2016
Y didnt Buhari or Ameachi include d said project in d main budget
tuale4u:

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by plaetton: 10:40pm On Apr 11, 2016
caleb404:

Negotiating with who?

Some people owns Nigeria, abi?? SMH... The mentality of some people.

Can you imagine the mindset of a conquered person who wants to negotiate for the crumbs of an occupied territory ?

What a pitiful one He is.

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by nortcentrallord(m): 10:41pm On Apr 11, 2016
coolbis:
young, intelligent and fresh graduates who cannot write a simple cover letter without an error. Dont get emotional, such offices are not meant for rookies.

That's what they fill your head with so you never aspire to improve as long as they are alive.

Let me ask you a question, where they always veterans from the start?

They too were rookies @ a time and now that they have turned into wicked veterans, I for one would prefer a rookie who makes a sincere mistake than a veteran who makes a deliberate and wicked move just to suppress the populace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by excel101(m): 10:46pm On Apr 11, 2016
tuale4u:

We must not give away what belong to us just because Jonathan lost election. Niger Delta is bigger than Jonathan loss. We must move on and stop harming ourselves. Jonathan is a Beneficiary of Niger Delta Struggle. He was never part of d struggle. We must not destroy our region just because of a benefiary who never contributed much to our region when he got d opportunity.

They never said they removed anything from the budget. Read properly and understand b4 commenting next time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by ken4jj(m): 10:46pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nothing surprises me in this country anymore. This is what you get when you have dishonest leaders from all divide. The presidency and NASS should go and sort out their lying self and leave Nigerians out of this nonsense.
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Xtopher123(m): 10:47pm On Apr 11, 2016
First Quarter of 2016 has gone and were still ranting budget, so all this noise and money is just for the remaining 9months bah?

The year would run out and we'll still be shouting 2016 budget..

Awon oshi..
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by francizy(m): 10:47pm On Apr 11, 2016
The same reason passingshot was vomiting all the hatred and bigotry he's been storing up in his system on the other thread.

So the Lag-Cal was not even included in the budget but yet these cursed and demonic bigot zombies were drooling all over the place with their stinking and disgusting saliva, calling only SE and SS senators out as if their SW senators were elected to fold their arms and lick the balls of their northern counterparts?

It's clear most of them drooling fools were only agitating and ranting like mad dogs because they know it will benefit their region and nothing else.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by mekanaky: 10:51pm On Apr 11, 2016
tuale4u:

We must not give away what belong to us just because Jonathan lost election. Niger Delta is bigger than Jonathan loss. We must move on and stop harming ourselves. Jonathan is a Beneficiary of Niger Delta Struggle. He was never part of d struggle. We must not destroy our region just because of a benefiary who never contributed much to our region when he got d opportunity.

who ID this yoluba fellow

3 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 11, 2016
Obiagelli:
Wetin be amaechi own for the matter? Hold your transport commitee, vanguard newspaper responsible.

By extension you can also add nairaland for hiding this thread

www.nairaland.com/3040897/vanguard-broke-news-lagos-calabar-costal#44602776
stop passing your buck. Blame the presidency
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by mandax: 10:53pm On Apr 11, 2016
tuale4u:

You still believe that the SS people are mugus.

The first standard gauge rail line is about to be commissioned in the north, Nigeria billed Lagos to Abuja standard gauge rail to follow immediately.

Talk about the Calabar to Lagos standard gauge rail line has been on pipeline basis till now. Besides, given the unforgiving coastal terrain between the south south and Lagos, talk about Calabar to Lagos standard gauge rail line remains a pipe dream on a pipeline as those orchestrating it know.

Calabar to Lagos standard gauge rail line is supposed to connect the SS oil to the Southwest and upward to the north, thus exclude the southeast. It was a grand line designed for total exploitation of what is left of the crude oil in the south south.

If you people are not hypocritical about one Nigeria, the first ever standard gauge rail line in Nigeria should have been in the southsouth area, before any other part of Nigeria.

If not for the grand conspiracy between the southwest and northern Nigeria to keep the oil producing areas of the southsouth permanently under developed, while the oil wealth from the south south is used to develop rest of Nigeria, development in the south south ought to be competing with that in Dubai today.

See you see southern solidarity, see you see sophistication.
You think you are fooling children in the south south and south east.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Kingspin(m): 10:53pm On Apr 11, 2016
tuale4u:

lets sense posses you. This a national budget coming from the office of the president. Nigerians will not hate your president if the economy and other of their needs are available even fuel, light etc no dey. You still want people to smile. Anyway the media has succeded with you. Padded soul.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by coolbis: 10:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
nortcentrallord:

That's what they fill your head with so you never aspire to improve as long as they are alive.

Let me ask you a question, where they always veterans from the start?

They too were rookies @ a time and now that they have turned into wicked veterans, I for one would prefer a rookie who makes a sincere mistake than a veteran who makes a deliberate and wicked move just to suppress the populace.
no country in the world will appoint a fresh graduate as a federal minister, get this right and clear. Even in the US whose democracy is akin to nigeria's, the average age of their ministers(they are called secretaries) is 52, and most of them had actually served in the past governments either as advisers or even as governor with wealth of experience. You can go through the 16 federal ministers in the US, only one is below 40 years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Boko Haram Executes, Amir Baba-kaka ‘Governor Of Lake Chad’ In Power Struggle / IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) / Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.