Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign (60349 Views)

Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement / Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved / Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Vongsama(m): 10:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
Beeman1:
Nonsense.

God bless PMB

God bless Ameachi

God bless naija.

Did u even read what he said?
Its ok u love pmb, u hav d right to but how do u feel knowin well dat Amaechi is wrong n lied this time but u still speak such.
God bless Naija (sorry I can't say same for pmb n amaechi until they do d needful)

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by dexterinc2003: 10:57pm On Apr 11, 2016
Flyingngel:
The questions are (1) Did Ameachi not submit d proposal as addendum? (2) Did national assembly shift some amount to d kano rail. (3) Is it late to include d proposed item in d appropriation bill? Question!

1.Yes (he did)
2. Yes (they did)
3. Yes (for now)
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by focus7: 10:57pm On Apr 11, 2016
The senators should hide their shame and own up to their inefficiency and apologise to Nigerians and stop intimidating Amaechi.
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by BeardedMeat(m): 10:58pm On Apr 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

The issue at hand is that this issue should have been debated before the budget was sent to the President.

The Money for the Railway project was set aside. The Senator Jibrin saw it, he did not find out what it was. Those representing us should have spoken about such a big project that will affect thousands of people in their Constituency.

I hope this is the last time our Senators will be docile in that house.

The member representing Abi/Yakurr Federal Constituency Cross River State, Bassey Eko Ewa, expressed surprise that the Lagos-Calabar rail project that will benefit the people was removed from the budget.

“I am so surprised to hear this. How will it not be in the budget? The money that was appropriated to it, where is it?”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/2016-budget-palaver-presidency-gives-fresh-conditions-assent/

Senator Jibrin's mind may not be on a project concerning the Niger Deltans but it should be on our Senators mind.
Jibrin is not a senator.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by matozim: 10:59pm On Apr 11, 2016
I laugh in French... Quesces'tcinq
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by bilulu(m): 11:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
tuale4u:
All dis nothern senators is not thier fault. If not for d stupidity of my Niger Delta brothers who are so fixated on Hating Buhari due to Instigation by the Igbos as a result of Jonathan loss, this senators wont be bold enough to openly admit adding more money to Kano rail at the expence of Calabar rail. When in d same speech, the same senator is telling us they have d power to add and remove any item from d budget.

If they can add and remove any item from d budget as they claim, why is it Niger Delta project that they are removing due to flimsy excuse that it was not on d original document despite d fact that it was presented to them in d senate as an addedum.

The greatest traitors to d Niger Delta right now are those fools, and extreme bitter people who are ready to kill d development of Niger Delta just because they hate Buhari 4 cheap political point.

The truth is dat Buhari got nothing to lose. He is a 72year old man who has been Governor, Minister, millitary head of state and today democratically elected president. He is already a great achiever.

We Niger Delta people are being foolish and myopic. We must protest against NASS.

We must not give away what belong to us just because Jonathan lost election. Niger Delta is bigger than Jonathan loss. We must move on and stop harming ourselves. Jonathan is a Beneficiary of Niger Delta Struggle. He was never part of d struggle. We must not destroy our region just because of a benefiary who never contributed much to our region when he got d opportunity.

We are just being stupid and foolish.

According to Peter Obi former Governor of Anambra state, Igbo are d cause of thier maginalisation because they dont know how to negotiate politically when others (North and South west) are negotiating for thier people.

My Niger delta brothers, please we must not end up like them. We should be wiser.

The Lagos Calabar rail is just named Lagos Calabar . The Rail actually goes from Lagos to Calabar to Aba to PortHarcourt to Ughelli to Sapele to Benin and to Ore to Ibadan and back to lagos. It is South west, South South and South East rail. The rail is expected to also link Onitcha and Asaba and Warri.

We claim we are more educated than the North. We brag with our worthless PhDs. Notherners with ordinary primary Six certificates are dribbling our PhD senators like Lionel Messi.
bros I bet u didn't read d article..... like dey said it was not added in d budget Amechi only tried to sneaked it in. He even challenge dem for evidence. pls read bf commenting

2 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by dokunbam(m): 11:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
Beeman1:
Nonsense.

God bless PMB

God bless Ameachi

God bless naija.

Yes God bless federal republic of Nigeria

Saraki should resign first
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 11, 2016
tuale4u:
All dis nothern senators is not thier fault. If not for d stupidity of my Niger Delta brothers who are so fixated on Hating Buhari due to Instigation by the Igbos as a result of Jonathan loss, this senators wont be bold enough to openly admit adding more money to Kano rail at the expence of Calabar rail. When in d same speech, the same senator is telling us they have d power to add and remove any item from d budget.

If they can add and remove any item from d budget as they claim, why is it Niger Delta project that they are removing due to flimsy excuse that it was not on d original document despite d fact that it was presented to them in d senate as an addedum.

The greatest traitors to d Niger Delta right now are those fools, and extreme bitter people who are ready to kill d development of Niger Delta just because they hate Buhari 4 cheap political point.

The truth is dat Buhari got nothing to lose. He is a 72year old man who has been Governor, Minister, millitary head of state and today democratically elected president. He is already a great achiever.

We Niger Delta people are being foolish and myopic. We must protest against NASS.

We must not give away what belong to us just because Jonathan lost election. Niger Delta is bigger than Jonathan loss. We must move on and stop harming ourselves. Jonathan is a Beneficiary of Niger Delta Struggle. He was never part of d struggle. We must not destroy our region just because of a benefiary who never contributed much to our region when he got d opportunity.

According to Peter Obi former Governor of Anambra state, Igbo are d cause of thier maginalisation because they dont know how to negotiate politically when others (North and South west) are negotiating for thier people.

My Niger delta brothers, please we must not end up like them. We should be wiser.

The Lagos Calabar rail is just named Lagos Calabar . The Rail actually goes from Lagos to Calabar to Aba to PortHarcourt to Ughelli to Sapele to Benin and to Ore to Ibadan and back to lagos. It is South west, South South and South East rail. The rail is expected to also link Onitcha and Asaba and Warri.

We claim we are more educated than the North. We brag with our worthless PhDs. Notherners with ordinary primary Six certificates are dribbling our PhD senators like Lionel Messi.

You still view the Niger deltans as fools. Very amusing.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by magicalx(m): 11:05pm On Apr 11, 2016
Una never know Ameachi, master confusionst, master at banging Head together, Day just break, Una just start!
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Jeboy(m): 11:06pm On Apr 11, 2016
tuale4u:

Psychophancy at it best

2 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by poseidon12: 11:06pm On Apr 11, 2016
jayloms:
It's very unfortunate that the leadership and d larger percentage of the NASS in support of this day light rape, wants to absolve themselves from this brouhaha with d narrative that "the Lagos-calabar project was never in d original budget"

Now, Ashafa, who is d chairman over transport committee has acknowledged and openly stated that the Hon minister did defend the project before his committee and further sent an amendment in form of a supplementary.

He further claimed that his committee made recommendations on d project to the appropriations committee.

So, why then is d NASS feigning ignorance over this project. Are they telling us that they don't read reports from their various committees and the recommendations these committees make to them (NB: I won't be surprised if those lazy, thieving bunch, don't
)
How can the NASS be at loggerheads with itself ?? They should quit trying to pin this on Amaechi. They're good for nothing, bunch of thieves who care more about their pockets and nothing else.

How come you are not wondering why the presidency and ministry of transport excluded the project from the budget in the first place? We need to lay the blame on the appropriate quarter.

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Jeboy(m): 11:07pm On Apr 11, 2016
You are definitely not from SS.
You feign ignorance and became silent on presidency lapses and instead attack SS/SE. Not your fault but d free zombies likes and shares.

tuale4u:

4 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by eyeview: 11:07pm On Apr 11, 2016
tuale4u:

The likes of you kids are the type that will shamelessly sell their father's land just to receive 'likes' and applause from outsiders.
Firstly,I don't know how this has become an igbo issue but your hatred and shallow mindedness found a way to help you drag them into it. It still baffles any mature mind how this issue is an igbo issue but I trust silly and mischeviously bereft minds like yours to come up with whatsover they desire as long as it feeds their hatred.
Secondly,you accuse the igbos of instigating the ND against buhari due to Jonathan's loss. I had to check if GEJ was an igboman. How then could they be the ones now pushing the owners of GEJ to join them. Then again,its no surprise that your bereft mind can fanthom whatsoever it desires,as long as it feeds your hatred for igbos.
Thirdly,you talk about 'negotiating' for your rights. That makes one to believe that your skewed mindset believe that the nation truly belongs to a certain people and you and others need to come 'negotiate' for what they will give you. Very pitiable mental state.
Finally,ask yourself this genuine question. If the national assembly has been able to substantiate that the Lagos-calabar project was never there,then why did buhari fail to include it while the lagos-kano own was there all along? You and I know the truth but cowardice will not let you state it,instead you did what every other big coward will do. You turn around and point accusing fingers at a people who were minding their own business.
Your cowardice level and your show off stupidity will definetly get you a lot of likes from some northern readers but trust me,its disgusting. You know what the truth is on this 'missing project' but too afraid to face it.
But how can you face it when you already have a second class citizen mentality of 'coming to ask of hand downs' from the north.
Shame on you,son

12 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 11, 2016
odinese:
[size=15pt]i if should include bubu in this, Pls let know one talk sh!t ooooooo.

Now,bubu said he wants changi abi? How can a sane man take over 3months just to appoint ministers and we Nigerians waited patiently(waiting for the changi), and all of a sudden we saw amaechi, fashola and other old dummies(ex governors) in the list of ministers.
Isn't it stupidity? Are we Nigerians that stupid?
I may not be following the gibberish written up there, cos I know that the Senates, minsters and Co are all bunch of hypocrites and buhari is a dumbass. Believe me...
There are alot of fresh graduates, intelligent young people who could have filled up those post, but the dullardinhó went ahead to fix confusion and darkness everywhere. [/size]
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by magicalx(m): 11:08pm On Apr 11, 2016
focus7:
The senators should hide their shame and own up to their inefficiency and apologise to Nigerians and stop intimidating Amaechi.

Shut up, did you read the article, even the budget office has said that was never in the budget. Can u guys quit being zombies for once And just think... Haba

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by aresa: 11:08pm On Apr 11, 2016
1miccza:

Read the post again bro

I read the post and in fact I was talking about the general attitude of the unintelligent noisemakers shouting and throwing venoms at the same people who are fighting to to have this project and thousands of jobs created in their backyard...

You must be stupid, crazy and insane not to want and fight for $12 billion thrown into your local economy. This is currently the largest public works project in Sub Saharan Africa.

Shows you how hate, tribalism, bitterness and ignorance have eaten into the rotten fabric of this shallow and hopeless generation, they are like badly damaged and irredeemable human waste..

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Jeboy(m): 11:09pm On Apr 11, 2016
tuale4u:

You are definitely not from SS.
You feign ignorance and became silent on presidency lapses and instead attack SS/SE. Not your fault but d free zombies likes and shares.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 11, 2016
[s]
SageTravels:

From the look of things it seems that you have problem with Reading. as a follow south south I would advise you to pls take at least 2 minutes of your time to read before commenting
[/s]

From look of things, u are the one who either do not read or failed to comprehend simple article
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by vislabraye(m): 11:10pm On Apr 11, 2016
tuale4u:

If you read the post critically, you'll see where Amaechi was wrong. In the 1st place he did nit include the railway in the budget.
I want to comment of this post. I think u should give the Igbos credit for standing by Gej. It's unfair for you to say that we should not appreciate their effort. In fact, I don't want to fan any tribal sentiments. Igbos are loyal and they won't double cross you.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Pidggin(f): 11:12pm On Apr 11, 2016
tuale4u:

You did not read the post, what you have said has nothing to do with what was written and I am 100% sure you are not from ND

2 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Promantwo(m): 11:12pm On Apr 11, 2016
Goodluck jonathan enemy is going down one by one, who is next
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by poseidon12: 11:13pm On Apr 11, 2016
ndcide:
I kind of love this worded reply. Looks like what I'll write on a good day.

Humm salivating...

The only reason some people are attacking our lawmakers from the SS and SE is because.

- They can never hold buhari led executive to account for ANYTHING.

- they want to protect Buhari at all cost.

- They have decided to believe that the Lagos-calaba rail project was in the budget and was removed by the lawmakers.

Truth is. It was never there. I repeat THE EXECUTIVE DID NOT PUT IT IN THE BUDGET.

Exactly. I don't why Buhari evokes fear among a large section of Nigerians. It's obvious that Buhari never included the project in the budget he submitted. But the cowards will not blame him. They would rather blame the law makers from the south.
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Ushiefrank(m): 11:15pm On Apr 11, 2016
God help our country naija o
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by nortcentrallord(m): 11:17pm On Apr 11, 2016
coolbis:
no country in the world will appoint a fresh graduate as a federal minister, get this right and clear. Even in the US whose democracy is akin to nigeria's, the average age of their ministers(they are called secretaries) is 52, and most of them had actually served in the past governments either as advisers or even as governor with wealth of experience. You can go through the 16 federal ministers in the US, only one is below 40 years.

Try to understand what the dude is saying. I believe "fresh graduates" was just a figure os speech. We have more qualified folks for the job than the regular mafias strolling back and forth in the corridors of power today. From all indication, only death will separate them from the clinch of power. Am sure these people have had assistants and people who 'v served under them over the years. Am talking about younger folks but no we keep hearing leaders of tomorrow. Tomorrow that will never come.
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by daddyrich: 11:17pm On Apr 11, 2016
tuale4u:

POINT OF CORRECTION. PLS CORRECT YOURSELF. MAKE A SENSIBLE COMMENT INSTEAD, OK!

4 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Legbo6: 11:18pm On Apr 11, 2016
ALL THAT IS NEEDED IN THIS COUNTRY NOW IS PRAYERS, EASTERN, NORTHERN, WESTERN OR SOUTHERN NIGERIANS ARE IN THIS TOGETHER AS FAR AS THIS CHANGE IS CONCERN.
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by mandax: 11:18pm On Apr 11, 2016
tuale4u:

Ignorance is a disease, or you deliberately lied.

Go get proper information by googling "standard gauge rail lines in Nigeria".

Calabar to Lagos standard gauge rail line proposal is unique.
The other attachments you added like connection to Aba to Onitsha to Ughelli and to wherever are mere proposals to come donkey years after Calabar to Lagos is completed, and of course after Lagos to Abuja to Kaduna must have been functional, perhaps ages

uite different from the others

After the Kaduna to Abuja standard gauge rail lines that are about to be commissioned for operation right now, next to follow immediately are the Lagos to Abuja standard gauge rail lines.

Lagos to Calabar standard gauge rail lines are different from Portharcourt to Aba through Onitsha toward Benin which are only mentioned to be proposals in the distant future.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 11, 2016
jimi4us:
he's not from South South, na yoloba guy wey dey always knock SS and SE head together. You should know him by now. The guy is full of hate for SS and SE people. Checkout his comments below.does this animal sounds like a ND citizen?.tuale4u is a di.ck

Tell me one thing he said there that is false
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by safarigirl(f): 11:23pm On Apr 11, 2016
tuale4u:

As far as you are concern, Obi Ezekwesili is a yoruba woman, Ayiri is a yoruba man, Ogbonoya Onu is yoruba, Chriss Ngige is yoruba, Okorocha is yoruba, dakuku peterside is yoruba, Oshiomole is yoruba, Tam David West is yoruba, Jim Nwobodo is yoruba, Emeka Nworgu is yoruba. Please get a life. When Tonye Barnista was supporting Buhari he was Yoruba.

your original post was divisive in nature.

The fact that you have over 100 likes is testament that NL is filled ith underaged tribalists.

Seriously, blaming Igbos for SS woes? Was it Igbos that marginalized you? Are you not all in the same boat? Do you think any Southern governor can save the Lagos-Calabar project if there was vote?

Did you conveniently forget that the NASS moves on a majority and assuming the project was contained in the budget, the northerners could have outvoted Southerners?

I know NL is filled with dimwits as yourself so I'm not shocked that you have supporters, but writing an entire epistle to pile the failures of YOUR leaders on Igbos as if you sent toddlers without sense to represent you or as if Igbos put a spell on you makes you and all supposed South-Southerners(whatever that shiiit means) appear daft.

****We South-Southerners' next time, it gives you away

6 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by AngryNigerian(m): 11:24pm On Apr 11, 2016
Mopolchi:
hmmm

Why did you steal my dp? shocked shocked
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Pidggin(f): 11:27pm On Apr 11, 2016
Chidinho10:

Tell me one thing he said there that is false

He is not from SS, very few ND people can say such things like that we are not stupid. It is highly ridiculous, he cannot be SS

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Boko Haram Executes, Amir Baba-kaka ‘Governor Of Lake Chad’ In Power Struggle / IGP Mohammed Adamu Disbands SARS Nationwide (Video) / Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.