Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign (60342 Views)

Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement / Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved / Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by JuliettaBitch(f): 9:54pm On Apr 11, 2016
This govt is a failed one

2 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by dragonking2: 9:54pm On Apr 11, 2016
The Senate today (Monday, April 11) advised the Presidency to come clean with Nigerians on the 2016 Budget and stop engaging in surreptitious campaigns of calumny against the Senate in order to cover up its serial errors.

Buhari and the whole apc cabinet are still playing campaign politics despite spending a year in office.

Whether they like it or not, the lagos -calabar rail must be included...you can't use money from our land to finance a project in the north then leave us in the dark..We won't accept it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 11, 2016
what i'm abt to say, some ppl will attack and call me names cos of it, some will call my people names, some will curse my village, some will even go to the extent of quoting me just to insult me, all the same, i just want to tell everyone that i finally managed to buy fuel since morning.

6 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by mildflame: 9:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
RESHINE ni RESHAN ko
Criminals n Nonentities with no iota of SHAME
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by mayorkyzo: 9:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
Budget of confusion...

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
Rubbish! Whether Amaechi goes or stays is not the issue here. The NASS members from the south, both APC and PDP, should come together to fight for the Calabar-Lagos route to be included in the budget. This is not what a single party can do.

6 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by cynhamscakes(f): 9:56pm On Apr 11, 2016
Gov Amaechi in the news again. Since there is an option of apologizing, he will simply do it.

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by daniska3yaro(m): 9:56pm On Apr 11, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by mysteriousman(m): 9:57pm On Apr 11, 2016
K
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by ahckmedkosy(m): 9:57pm On Apr 11, 2016
tuale4u:
All dis nothern senators is not thier fault. If not for d stupidity of my Niger Delta brothers who are so fixated on Hating Buhari due to Instigation by the Igbos as a result of Jonathan loss, this senators wont be bold enough to openly admit adding more money to Kano rail at the expence of Calabar rail. When in d same speech, the same senator is telling us they have d power to add and remove any item from d budget.

If they can add and remove any item from d budget as they claim, why is it Niger Delta project that they are removing due to flimsy excuse if it was not on d original document despite d fact that it was presented to them in d senate as an addedum.

The greatest traitors to d Niger Delta right now are those fools, and extreme bitter people who are already to kill d development of Niger Delta just because they hate Buhari 4 cheap political point.

The truth is dat Buhari got nothing to lose. He is a 72year old man who has been millitary head of state and today democratically elected president. He is already a great achiever.

We Niger Delta people are being foolish and myopic. We must protest against NASS.

We must not give away what belong to us just because Jonathan lost election. Niger Delta is bigger than Jonathan loss. We must move on and stop harming ourselves. Jonathan is a Beneficiary of Niger Delta Struggle. He was never part of d struggle. We must not destroy our region jus because of a benefiary who never contributed much to our region when he got d opportunity.

We are just being stupid and foolish.

According to Peter Obi former Governor of Anambra state, Igbo are d cause of thier maginalisation because they dont know how to negotiate politically when others (North and South west) are negotiating for thier people.

My Niger delta brothers, please we must not end up like them. We should be wiser.

So u blow Grammer finish only to show that u r myopic

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by jimi4us: 9:57pm On Apr 11, 2016
tuale4u it's not Igbo peoples fault that una like oily soup.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by jozee08(m): 9:58pm On Apr 11, 2016
tuale4u:
All dis nothern senators is not thier fault. If not for d stupidity of my Niger Delta brothers who are so fixated on Hating Buhari due to Instigation by the Igbos as a result of Jonathan loss, this senators wont be bold enough to openly admit adding more money to Kano rail at the expence of Calabar rail. When in d same speech, the same senator is telling us they have d power to add and remove any item from d budget.

If they can add and remove any item from d budget as they claim, why is it Niger Delta project that they are removing due to flimsy excuse if it was not on d original document despite d fact that it was presented to them in d senate as an addedum.

The greatest traitors to d Niger Delta right now are those fools, and extreme bitter people who are already to kill d development of Niger Delta just because they hate Buhari 4 cheap political point.

The truth is dat Buhari got nothing to lose. He is a 72year old man who has been millitary head of state and today democratically elected president. He is already a great achiever.

We Niger Delta people are being foolish and myopic. We must protest against NASS.

We must not give away what belong to us just because Jonathan lost election. Niger Delta is bigger than Jonathan loss. We must move on and stop harming ourselves. Jonathan is a Beneficiary of Niger Delta Struggle. He was never part of d struggle. We must not destroy our region jus because of a benefiary who never contributed much to our region when he got d opportunity.

According to Peter Obi former Governor of Anambra state, Igbo are d cause of thier maginalisation because they dont know how to negotiate politically when others (North and South west) are negotiating for thier people.

My Niger delta brothers, please we must not end up like them. We should be wiser.
No ooo, why are u telling them? let them kwontinu

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by caleb404: 9:58pm On Apr 11, 2016
tuale4u:

Negotiating with who?

Some people own Nigeria, abi?? SMH... The mentality of some people.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by misscall247: 9:58pm On Apr 11, 2016
U see wat killed okadigbo is abt 2kil u.....sturborn fly goes into d grave wit d corpses

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by princechurchill(m): 9:58pm On Apr 11, 2016
a don tire for this budget matter walahi
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Zico5(m): 9:58pm On Apr 11, 2016
Good
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by canalily(m): 9:59pm On Apr 11, 2016
Please Nairalanders any need for apology from st.Amaechiundecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by bory09(m): 10:00pm On Apr 11, 2016
oga o
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by jeffoe(m): 10:00pm On Apr 11, 2016
I am in support of inputing electronic into our choice of governance this would enable information regarding government are easily available and makes govt more transparent.

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by UncleJudax(m): 10:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
Beeman1:
Nonsense.

God bless PMB

God bless Ameachi

God bless naija.
Robot?
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by 1Emmy: 10:02pm On Apr 11, 2016
tuale4u:

I bet you did not read the post before replying. Please always read thoroughly before commenting to save your self public embarrassment.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:02pm On Apr 11, 2016
It’ll be wrong to remove rail project – Egoh

Rep Oghene Egoh, PDP, Lagos, said the removal of the the Lagos-Calabar rail line was wicked and uncharitable if it is true because “we provided for both Kano(Lagos-Kano) and Lagos(Lagos-Calabar) rail lines in the budget but I’m shocked that Lagos (Lagos-Calabar) that is the business hub in Nigeria was removed. To me, we must probe deep into why it was removed because it connects all the oil producing states in Nigeria”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/2016-budget-palaver-presidency-gives-fresh-conditions-assent/

3 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by prophetfire: 10:02pm On Apr 11, 2016
tuale4u:

U re sayin de Igbos instigated U guys to hate buhari cos of jona's loss?I ask U jona is he Igbo?was it nt ur bros,asari n co that kept shutling to igboland to co'opt massob and de rest?I blame de igbos dt foolishly decided to fight alongside U serial traitors and betrayers after what u guys did to them by backstabing dem during de civil war. I told dem dt U guys will deny n backstab dem again and it has started already.stop blamin igbos 4 ur woes.u produced de most docile president in de history of nigeria.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by jayloms: 10:03pm On Apr 11, 2016
It's very unfortunate that the leadership and d larger percentage of the NASS in support of this day light rape, wants to absolve themselves from this brouhaha with d narrative that "the Lagos-calabar project was never in d original budget"

Now, Ashafa, who is d chairman over transport committee has acknowledged and openly stated that the Hon minister did defend the project before his committee and further sent an amendment in form of a supplementary.

He further claimed that his committee made recommendations on d project to the appropriations committee.

So, why then is d NASS feigning ignorance over this project. Are they telling us that they don't read reports from their various committees and the recommendations these committees make to them (NB: I won't be surprised if those lazy, thieving bunch, don't
)
How can the NASS be at loggerheads with itself ?? They should quit trying to pin this on Amaechi. They're good for nothing, bunch of thieves who care more about their pockets and nothing else.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by wristbangle: 10:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
With time, we shall know who is saying the truth.

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Flyingngel(m): 10:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
The questions are (1) Did Ameachi not submit d proposal as addendum? (2) Did national assembly shift some amount to d kano rail. (3) Is it late to include d proposed item in d appropriation bill? Question!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by abuchilag: 10:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
The way to go
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Beeman1(m): 10:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
UncleJudax:
Robot?
Ipod zombie?

4 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by santori: 10:05pm On Apr 11, 2016
you hear, the Southern part of Nigeria is short changed in terms of infrastructural development blah blah blah. I wonder what kind of people represents the South in government. a massive railway infrastructure that will link the 3 regions in the south together is now generating hues and cries. the crux of the matter is the project is not a part of the vetted budget sent to the president.
as expected fierce debate has been going on both sides of the divide.
my question is where were our so called representatives at abuja while a project allotted to the South is being expunge by their colleagues from the other side in the chamber
the most worrisome thing is this guys are even mute and even the one that talked was defensive rather than asking questions and being furious.
make one idiot kom talk say hin region is shortchanged make I hear.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by chimaobinelson(m): 10:06pm On Apr 11, 2016
even if the country is undergoing some financial constraint and saving n scraping some proposal becomes needful,the president shud not alter any project dt in anyway benefit de southerners...
in my mind i think Amechi made d lagos-calabar projct inclusiv, b4 submiting to the president,unknown to him dt d extremist PMB Had scraped it b4 giving it to d senate,n now d southerners r pressing on dea ministr n lawmakers? Amechi had to spk in defenc of wat he submited

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by TruthisOut: 10:07pm On Apr 11, 2016
tuale4u:

If they can add and remove any item from d budget as they claim, why is it Niger Delta project that they are removing due to flimsy excuse that it was not on d original document despite d fact that it was presented to them in d senate as an addedum.

The greatest traitors to d Niger Delta right now are those fools, and extreme bitter people who are ready to kill d development of Niger Delta just because they hate Buhari 4 cheap political point.

The truth is dat Buhari got nothing to lose. He is a 72year old man who has been Governor, Minister, millitary head of state and today democratically elected president. He is already a great achiever.

The Lagos Calabar rail is just named Lagos Calabar . The Rail actually goes from Lagos to Calabar to Aba to PortHarcourt to Ughelli to Sapele to Benin and to Ore to Ibadan and back to lagos. It is South west, South South and South East rail. The rail is expected to also link Onitcha and Asaba and Warri

Waste of space and intellect. Beautiful nonsense!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by ndcide(m): 10:07pm On Apr 11, 2016
I kind of love this worded reply. Looks like what I'll write on a good day.

Humm salivating...

The only reason some people are attacking our lawmakers from the SS and SE is because.

- They can never hold buhari led executive to account for ANYTHING.

- they want to protect Buhari at all cost.

- They have decided to believe that the Lagos-calaba rail project was in the budget and was removed by the lawmakers.

Truth is. It was never there. I repeat THE EXECUTIVE DID NOT PUT IT IN THE BUDGET.

9 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

El-Rufai Meets Sanusi In Awe, Nasarawa (Photos) / Rivers Rerun: Drones Wike & PDP Bought To Prevent Rigging (Pics) / Ahamefula Rochas Okorocha & His Father Step Out Following Death Rumours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.