Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,111 members, 7,818,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign (60343 Views)

Osinbajo Risks Impeachment As Senate Asks Him To Withdraw Statement / Amaechi To Dredge River Niger With N100m, Instead Of N47b Jonathan Approved / Rerun: Amaechi To APC Supporters, “If You Allow Them To Shoot You, You Will Die" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by StOla: 12:56am On Apr 12, 2016
Excuzeme:

Thanks for your post and being direct .... while others chose to be beclouded by tribalism and hatred for Buhari, shifting the blame unto him.

Let me quote the Senators involved:

1) Senator Udoma Udo Udoma Minister for Budget and Planning,

2) Senator Ashafa , Chairman Senate Committee on land transportation

3.) Senator Senator Danjuma Goje , heads the Committee on Appropriations.

4.) Senator Abdulmunin Jibrin , House chairman on Appropriations (allocation of money to projects in Budget)

From the above, l have a few questions of my own:

1.) If there was a #54 Billion "found floating" in the budget, and this was subsequently appropriated for the two rail projects, why was the part meant for the Lagos-Calabar portion also diverted to the Kano-rail (Northern project), an unnamed (but likely a Northern one) airport security project, and the rest given to Borno Inland Port project in Niger State (Northern project again)?
Is it that the South of the country does not deserve any physical project and is being short-changed by Senators of the Northern extract?

2.) The Eastern Senators who are of PDP, were the one that foisted Saraki as the Senate President , on the nation, is this Saraki's way of repaying them, by depriving them of a project that was ready-funded and diverting the funds to the North?

3.) Where were the Senators from the East, like Tweeter Senator Ben Bruce, Stealler Oduah, e.t.c when the Northern Senators like Goje and Jibrin were HACKING the Budget and diverting funds for Southern Projects, into the North? If its to follow Saraki to the ICC for trial, they will all wear agbada but look at how they fumbled in their primary responsibility!

4.) Even if the project was not in the original budget sent to the NASS... and was later included by way of supplementary Budget addendum, why did Godje and Jubrin (both Northern Senators) remove it and diverted the funding to projects meant for the north?

5.) How did Senators of the East and PDP who supported Saraki to become Senate President, allow him to foist the two most powerful Committee chair-positions, when it comes to funding projects from the budget, to the North?
Why not one to the North and the other to the South-East, South South or South West?
I hope we are all realizing how "dangerous" this Saraki of a person is, by now?

6.) Finally, why are the Northern Senators, knowing what they have done behind our backs, trying to harass Minister Amaechi and blaming him for what they did intentionally?
Easterners might not like Amaechi for decamping to the APC but that is what politics is all about! he realized his error and quickly remembered the South/Eastern region needed this rail line so he quickly corrected himself.... only for the Northern Senators who are now blaming Amaechi, to do their hacking on the project and its funds?

If these Senators think Nigerians are fools, they have another thing coming.
They have been exposed once and for all.
Buhari needs to send that Budget back and ensure they include that Lagos-Calabar rail project into ti (and any other project they have hacked out) ... before appending his signature.

Nigerians would wait, if that is what it takes to make these criminal Senators to do the right thing.
And if they dare abuse their "powers" on Ameachi or PMB, Nigerians are prepared to match on the NASS itself

I love how you clearly analysed how Northern senators deliberately siphoned the funds for a Southern coastal rail line to fund other projects in the North.

Hatred has blinded many, leading to many downfalls. That some Southerners continue to argue in support of the Northern senators on this very matter, is testimony to the self destruction hatred can cause.

I congratulate the North for not being stupid. You barely see them ranting on twitter or pursuing a vendetta against their political opponents when the time to win the bread is at hand. Politics was surely mastered by some, while others have convinced themselves that they are only entitled to eat the breadcrumbs that fall off the table.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by dematino(m): 1:16am On Apr 12, 2016
[quote author=tuale4u post=44618251]All dis nothern senators is not thier fault. If not for d stupidity of my Niger Delta brothers who are so fixated on Hating Buhari due to Instigation by the Igbos as a result of Jonathan loss, this senators wont be bold enough to openly admit adding more money to Kano rail at the expence of Calabar rail. When in d same speech, the same senator is telling us they have d power to add and remove any item from d budget.

If they can add and remove any item from d budget as they claim, why is it Niger Delta project that they are removing due to flimsy excuse that it was not on d original document despite d fact that it was presented to them in d senate as an addedum.

The greatest traitors to d Niger Delta right now are those fools, and extreme bitter people who are ready to kill d development of Niger Delta just because they hate Buhari 4 cheap political point.

The truth is dat Buhari got nothing to lose. He is a 72year old man who has been Governor, Minister, millitary head of state and today democratically elected president. He is already a great achiever.

We Niger Delta people are being foolish and myopic. We must protest against NASS.

We must not give away what belong to us just because Jonathan lost election. Niger Delta is bigger than Jonathan loss. We must move on and stop harming ourselves. Jonathan is a Beneficiary of Niger Delta Struggle. He was never part of d struggle. We must not destroy our region just because of a benefiary who never contributed much to our region when he got d opportunity.

We are just being stupid and foolish.

According to Peter Obi former Governor of Anambra state, Igbo are d cause of thier maginalisation because they dont know how to negotiate politically when others (North and South west) are negotiating for thier people.

My Niger delta brothers, please we must not end up like them. We should be wiser.

The Lagos Calabar rail is just named Lagos Calabar . The Rail actually goes from Lagos to Calabar to Aba to PortHarcourt to Ughelli to Sapele to Benin and to Ore to Ibadan and back to lagos. It is South west, South South and South East rail. The rail is expected to also link Onitcha and Asaba and Warri.

We claim we are more educated than the North. We brag with our worthless PhDs. Notherners with ordinary primary Six certificates are dribbling our PhD senators like Lionel Messi.[/quote

Thank you and God bless you. This is one of the best comments i ever read online.Today is my first time to reply comment on nairaland polictis,because of the way our youths respond to a critical national issues baffled me. Stay bless bro.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by bashydemy(m): 1:41am On Apr 12, 2016
Integrityfarms:
Shame on APC! Not everyone is a zombie

#proudly5%wailer
Thank God you accept being a wailer, But you need to reason with your brain for once it's a free gift from God.. Just ask yourself why the Senate want Ameachi to resign? A sane man will now understand that everything they are doing is either to discredit Ameachi, PMB and APC.. The hatred those useless SS/SE senators has for Ameachi is making them deny their region development.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by bashydemy(m): 1:45am On Apr 12, 2016
odinese:
[size=15pt]i if should include bubu in this, Pls let know one talk sh!t ooooooo.

Now,bubu said he wants changi abi? How can a sane man take over 3months just to appoint ministers and we Nigerians waited patiently(waiting for the changi), and all of a sudden we saw amaechi, fashola and other old dummies(ex governors) in the list of ministers.
Isn't it stupidity? Are we Nigerians that stupid?
I may not be following the gibberish written up there, cos I know that the Senates, minsters and Co are all bunch of hypocrites and buhari is a dumbass. Believe me...
There are alot of fresh graduates, intelligent young people who could have filled up those post, but the dullardinhó went ahead to fix confusion and darkness everywhere. [/size]
hahaha funny you, You mean those graduate who does not know anything about Government? Bro You need qualify people at the helm of affair... With all GEJ level of education he goofed why? Is not qualify or know anything about how to run a country.
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Nobody: 1:47am On Apr 12, 2016
Pidggin:

Everything he said is rubbish, and I know only people from certain regions not SS or SE liked his post.

First of all he is not from ND, secondly he said Igbos made Niger Deltans hate Buhari. If he was truly from SS he would know that we feel cheated that GEJ was voted out due to tribalism and not because the Igbos instigated anything.

He also mentioned that PMB is an achiever, what has he achieved?

Any sensible person from SS or SE reading his post can guess the tribe he comes from. Since when did PMB care about 5%?

I am from the South East but will never shy away from the truth!

First of all, GEJ was not voted out for tribalism, he was voted out for his incompetence. I am from the South East but I will never shy away from the truth. Forget about the core North and South, look at results from the middle belt states where PDP previously controlled. PDP lost Benue States because GEJ kept quiet when the Fulanis butchered the Tivs in their homeland. GEJ lost because he kept quiet ad watch Suswam run the state like his personal possession. He lost out not because of tribalism but because of incompetence. In 2011, he defeated the same candidate with a wide margin, the same people that voted him in 2011, voted him out for his incompetence.

SO NEVER YOU PUT THE BLAME ON TRIBALISM, BLAME IT ON HIS INCOMPETENCE

Buhari has not made any significant impact since he became President, but you will agree with me that the level of power supply increased since he became President. Don't tell me GEJ owns the glory because power generation when he came in was a little above 4000 MW and he left us with less than 1000MW on May 29th.

ALSO NOTE THAT IT IS UNFAIR TO JUDGE A GOVT THAT INHERITED POWER WITH OIL PRICE THIS LOW. What was the performance of GEJ with oil price above $100 pb for five consecutive years? Is it fair to compare such a govt with another govt that has never witnessed oil price above $50 pb?

Its true we have fuel scarcity but is this the first time we are experiencing it in Nigeria. The last fuel scarcity occurred during GEJs era and we witnessed the closure of banks, airports, online portals and several other businesses for the first time in Nigeria's history. I guess you turned a blind eye then but now you are geared up to attack PMB for this setback. Fuel scarcities will always come and go, this isn't the first and will not be the last.

PMB has his flaws, just like every other human but he is very much better than GEJ. Nigeria made the right choice because I wonder how things would have been if GEJ had won the past elections.

The dude is correct in his assertions whether he is black, white, Igbo, non Igbo, South South or South West. Thank you

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by obailala(m): 1:47am On Apr 12, 2016
tuale4u:

As far as you are concern, Obi Ezekwesili is a yoruba woman, Ayiri is a yoruba man, Ogbonoya Onu is yoruba, Chriss Ngige is yoruba, Okorocha is yoruba, dakuku peterside is yoruba, Oshiomole is yoruba, Tam David West is yoruba, Jim Nwobodo is yoruba, Emeka Nworgu is yoruba. Please get a life. When Tonye Barnista was supporting Buhari he was Yoruba.

Sometimes you dont need to respond to some of the imbeciles you meet online who believe anyone with a contrary opinion from their cannot be from the SS or SE. It's difficult to completely ignore them though.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by fombadi: 2:02am On Apr 12, 2016
This is really government of Northern Nigeria....Cancelled Lagos Calabar project and channel the funds towards a Northern project.

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by anonimi: 2:55am On Apr 12, 2016
Abeyjide:
resign? When the chief of corruption saraki the chairman of senate is saying he won't resign despite all the allegation.they are joking. God destroy all the enemy of this nation Nigeria.

I thought that the chief of corruption is this yam eater, not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3191654_1239200310207040029852596885005702579760607n_jpeg655e00798ae6d4674d9087bb4277b198

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3206894_tmp30566fbimg1450529509545914443311_jpeg4c3407a2efe4a93f64218f856abf9b9a
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Pavarottii(m): 2:57am On Apr 12, 2016
tuale4u:
All dis nothern senators is not thier fault. If not for d stupidity of my Niger Delta brothers who are so fixated on Hating Buhari due to Instigation by the Igbos as a result of Jonathan loss, this senators wont be bold enough to openly admit adding more money to Kano rail at the expence of Calabar rail. When in d same speech, the same senator is telling us they have d power to add and remove any item from d budget.

If they can add and remove any item from d budget as they claim, why is it Niger Delta project that they are removing due to flimsy excuse that it was not on d original document despite d fact that it was presented to them in d senate as an addedum.

The greatest traitors to d Niger Delta right now are those fools, and extreme bitter people who are ready to kill d development of Niger Delta just because they hate Buhari 4 cheap political point.

The truth is dat Buhari got nothing to lose. He is a 72year old man who has been Governor, Minister, millitary head of state and today democratically elected president. He is already a great achiever.

We Niger Delta people are being foolish and myopic. We must protest against NASS.

We must not give away what belong to us just because Jonathan lost election. Niger Delta is bigger than Jonathan loss. We must move on and stop harming ourselves. Jonathan is a Beneficiary of Niger Delta Struggle. He was never part of d struggle. We must not destroy our region just because of a benefiary who never contributed much to our region when he got d opportunity.

According to Peter Obi former Governor of Anambra state, Igbo are d cause of thier maginalisation because they dont know how to negotiate politically when others (North and South west) are negotiating for thier people.

My Niger delta brothers, please we must not end up like them. We should be wiser.

The Lagos Calabar rail is just named Lagos Calabar . The Rail actually goes from Lagos to Calabar to Aba to PortHarcourt to Ughelli to Sapele to Benin and to Ore to Ibadan and back to lagos. It is South west, South South and South East rail. The rail is expected to also link Onitcha and Asaba and Warri.

We claim we are more educated than the North. We brag with our worthless PhDs. Notherners with ordinary primary Six certificates are dribbling our PhD senators like Lionel Messi.
Wat is this one saying? Didn't u read d post? They said the presidency didn't include it in the budget. Or can't u read it?
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Godson32(m): 3:09am On Apr 12, 2016
tuale4u:
All dis nothern senators is not thier fault. If not for d stupidity of my Niger Delta brothers who are so fixated on Hating Buhari due to Instigation by the Igbos as a result of Jonathan loss, this senators wont be bold enough to openly admit adding more money to Kano rail at the expence of Calabar rail. When in d same speech, the same senator is telling us they have d power to add and remove any item from d budget.

We claim we are more educated than the North. We brag with our worthless PhDs. Notherners with ordinary primary Six certificates are dribbling our PhD senators like Lionel Messi.
Lobbish!!
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by LadyExcellency: 3:20am On Apr 12, 2016
Excuzeme:

Thanks for your post and being direct .... while others chose to be beclouded by tribalism and hatred for Buhari, shifting the blame unto him.

Let me quote the Senators involved:

1) Senator Udoma Udo Udoma Minister for Budget and Planning,

2) Senator Ashafa , Chairman Senate Committee on land transportation

3.) Senator Senator Danjuma Goje , heads the Committee on Appropriations.

4.) Senator Abdulmunin Jibrin , House chairman on Appropriations (allocation of money to projects in Budget)

From the above, l have a few questions of my own:

1.) If there was a #54 Billion "found floating" in the budget, and this was subsequently appropriated for the two rail projects, why was the part meant for the Lagos-Calabar portion also diverted to the Kano-rail (Northern project), an unnamed (but likely a Northern one) airport security project, and the rest given to Borno Inland Port project in Niger State (Northern project again)?
Is it that the South of the country does not deserve any physical project and is being short-changed by Senators of the Northern extract?

2.) The Eastern Senators who are of PDP, were the one that foisted Saraki as the Senate President , on the nation, is this Saraki's way of repaying them, by depriving them of a project that was ready-funded and diverting the funds to the North?

3.) Where were the Senators from the East, like Tweeter Senator Ben Bruce, Stealler Oduah, e.t.c when the Northern Senators like Goje and Jibrin were HACKING the Budget and diverting funds for Southern Projects, into the North? If its to follow Saraki to the ICC for trial, they will all wear agbada but look at how they fumbled in their primary responsibility!

4.) Even if the project was not in the original budget sent to the NASS... and was later included by way of supplementary Budget addendum, why did Godje and Jubrin (both Northern Senators) remove it and diverted the funding to projects meant for the north?

5.) How did Senators of the East and PDP who supported Saraki to become Senate President, allow him to foist the two most powerful Committee chair-positions, when it comes to funding projects from the budget, to the North?
Why not one to the North and the other to the South-East, South South or South West?
I hope we are all realizing how "dangerous" this Saraki of a person is, by now?

6.) Finally, why are the Northern Senators, knowing what they have done behind our backs, trying to harass Minister Amaechi and blaming him for what they did intentionally?
Easterners might not like Amaechi for decamping to the APC but that is what politics is all about! he realized his error and quickly remembered the South/Eastern region needed this rail line so he quickly corrected himself.... only for the Northern Senators who are now blaming Amaechi, to do their hacking on the project and its funds?

If these Senators think Nigerians are fools, they have another thing coming.
They have been exposed once and for all.
Buhari needs to send that Budget back and ensure they include that Lagos-Calabar rail project into ti (and any other project they have hacked out) ... before appending his signature.

Nigerians would wait, if that is what it takes to make these criminal Senators to do the right thing.
And if they dare abuse their "powers" on Ameachi or PMB, Nigerians are prepared to match on the NASS itself

Do you know why those against 2nd Niger bridge and Akannu Ibiam Airport are supporting this so-called fictitious Lagos - Cal rail line proposal and blaming the Easterners for the non inclusion of the project in the budget?

Stop taking people for fools and better still mind your own business and stop claiming to fight for the interest of the people you so much hate. Your hypocrisy is all glaring for any discerning mind to see.

You think witchcraft and mind manipulation are part of intelligence quotient? Never, rather discernment is?

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by LONGFUELCUE: 3:29am On Apr 12, 2016
Beeman1:
Nonsense.

God bless PMB

God bless Ameachi

God bless naija.

Zombie speedily converted to almajiri.
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by aamstih: 3:29am On Apr 12, 2016
tuale4u:

And scoring like Cristiano Ronaldo

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Donclaracuzo: 3:51am On Apr 12, 2016
Thanks for knowing when there are monkey's fingers in the soup. Yorubas think they can always play these their divide and rule game on the people of Niger Deltans to hate the Igbos. It won't work again. Those of them who links the Igbo senators to the issue are still looking for a way to blackmail the Igbos. Instead of the Yorubas to openly challenge the issue cause of their own interest and leave the Igbo alone, the choose to blackmail the igbos and pretend as if the rail didn't pass through some states in the west.
LadyExcellency:

Do you know why those against 2nd Niger bridge and Akannu Ibiam Airport are supporting this so-called fictitious Lagos - Cal rail line proposal and blaming the Easterners for the non inclusion of the project in the budget?

Stop taking people for fools and better still mind your own business and stop claiming to fight for the interest of the people you so much hate. You're hypocrisy is all glaring for any discerning mind to see.

You think witchcraft and mind manipulation are part of intelligence quotient? Never, rather discernment is?
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by aresa: 3:57am On Apr 12, 2016
Chidinho10:

I am from the South East but will never shy away from the truth!

First of all, GEJ was not voted out for tribalism, he was voted out for his incompetence. I am from the South East but I will never shy away from the truth. Forget about the core North and South, look at results from the middle belt states where PDP previously controlled. PDP lost Benue States because GEJ kept quiet when the Fulanis butchered the Tivs in their homeland. GEJ lost because he kept quiet ad watch Suswam run the state like his personal possession. He lost out not because of tribalism but because of incompetence. In 2011, he defeated the same candidate with a wide margin, the same people that voted him in 2011, voted him out for his incompetence.

SO NEVER YOU PUT THE BLAME ON TRIBALISM, BLAME IT ON HIS INCOMPETENCE

Buhari has not made any significant impact since he became President, but you will agree with me that the level of power supply increased since he became President. Don't tell me GEJ owns the glory because power generation when he came in was a little above 4000 MW and he left us with less than 1000MW on May 29th.

ALSO NOTE THAT IT IS UNFAIR TO JUDGE A GOVT THAT INHERITED POWER WITH OIL PRICE THIS LOW. What was the performance of GEJ with oil price above $100 pb for five consecutive years? Is it fair to compare such a govt with another govt that has never witnessed oil price above $50 pb?

Its true we have fuel scarcity but is this the first time we are experiencing it in Nigeria. The last fuel scarcity occurred during GEJs era and we witnessed the closure of banks, airports, online portals and several other businesses for the first time in Nigeria's history. I guess you turned a blind eye then but now you are geared up to attack PMB for this setback. Fuel scarcities will always come and go, this isn't the first and will not be the last.

PMB has his flaws, just like every other human but he is very much better than GEJ. Nigeria made the right choice because I wonder how things would have been if GEJ had won the past elections.

The dude is correct in his assertions whether he is black, white, Igbo, non Igbo, South South or South West. Thank you

Unfortunately, these strays are too far gone to reach with your sane and thoughtful post because they function on pure hate, anger, bitterness, bigotry and unadulterated tribalism even when it's detrimental to their well being and way of life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by ngoziama: 4:00am On Apr 12, 2016
tuale4u:

Can't you make your point without insulting the igbos.so jonathan is now more igbo than niger deltan.Honestly, the earlier you all come out of this euphoria on nairaland that igbos are this and that the better for nigeria.i blame igbos for ever aligning with the same people that betrayed them.niger delta carry your cross and stop insulting ndi igbo.enough of all these partisan politics.nonsense.if you are niger deltan deal with your rail issue and leave ndi igbo alone .whether it is passing through aba or abia it is not my business.sort your region out and stop instigating others against the igbos.imagine this human being believing we are crying more than them over gejs loss.rubbish.if you like sell out your own it is your business.rail line what of water line.mtchewww.more projects will be taken away from your region.maritime university I think is gone, scholarship scheme gone and soon you shall all be gone while we ndi igbo watch the PhD holders abi ogogoro holders.
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by VUVUZELA10: 4:51am On Apr 12, 2016
Flyingngel:
The questions are (1) Did Ameachi not submit d proposal as addendum? (2) Did national assembly shift some amount to d kano rail. (3) Is it late to include d proposed item in d appropriation bill? Question!
The questions should be:
(1) Did Ameachi have the right to alter the budget submitted to NASS by Mr. President through back door?
(2) In the stolen, recovered and amended budget why was Lagos Calabar Rail project not included?
If actually the Presidency want the project to commence urgently, they (Presidency) should bring to NASS a supplementary budget. Why blackmailing NASS? Nigerians should ask questions. Stop jumping to conclusions.
"The Oga at the top" Buhari and his co-travellers are cheap liars and hopelessly hopeless. Divide and rule would not help Buhari. QED

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by dadexcel: 4:56am On Apr 12, 2016
SageTravels:

From the look of things it seems that you have problem with Reading. as a follow south south I would advise you to pls take at least 2 minutes of your time to read before commenting
......... Thank you my brother, thought I was the only one that noticed that......
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by 1miccza: 5:03am On Apr 12, 2016
aresa:

Sad to say, you can not eradicate it anytime soon since it's inbuilt from birth. This is what you end up with when parents feed their children hate, bitterness and divisive sentiments from birth.

In their world, everything is seen and discussed based on bigotry, tribalism and hatred.

The same people sit around everyday bashing the northerners everyday, they throw tribal venom and bigoted rants at them , but today all of a sudden they are ok with the North taking away food and $12 billion and development away from their mouth just because they hate the same people who are fighting to put $12 billion and major trade and commerce route in their backyard.

They will wine and dine with the devil as long as the devil is the doing their bidding. This is how mentally twisted they are...

Personally i was born in the north,schooled in the east and west and here i am in the west,so i have learnt and known a lot about each side,such traits can not be seen,i simply know and believe them as they are,this and corruption are the major problems killing the country. These were the seeds sown by our founding fathers and it's'killing us. Don't you think a bit of rigorous awareness campaign could help out??
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by 1miccza: 5:07am On Apr 12, 2016
VUVUZELA10:

The questions should be: Did Ameachi have the right to alter the budget submitted to NASS by Mr. President through back door? In the stolen, recovered and amended budget why was Lagos Calabar Rail project not included?
If actually the Presidency want the project to commence urgently, they (Presidency) should bring to NASS a supplementary budget. Why the blackmailing NASS? Nigerians should ask questions. Stop jumping to conclusions.
"The Oga at the top" Buhari and his co-travellers are cheap liars and hopelessly hopeless. Divide and rule would not help Buhari. QED

I've always said it that anyone who employs this man's'tactics would not last long in office cos he would shoot himself on the foot one day... It's'only a pitiful and dangerous sight that some Nigerians do not really see these things clearly..
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by 1miccza: 5:10am On Apr 12, 2016
bashydemy:
Thank God you accept being a wailer, But you need to reason with your brain for once it's a free gift from God.. Just ask yourself why the Senate want Ameachi to resign? A sane man will now understand that everything they are doing is either to discredit Ameachi, PMB and APC.. The hatred those useless SS/SE senators has for Ameachi is making them deny their region development.

Just look at you and the person you quoted,can't you reason and analyse without thinking of APC and PDP??
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by hamdan4sure: 5:17am On Apr 12, 2016
tuale4u:

hmmmn words of advice. let's be wise and stop criticizing the buhari
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by sokera: 5:28am On Apr 12, 2016
Integrityfarms:
Shame on APC! Not everyone is a zombie

#proudly5%wailer
wailer detected ..
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by tonykel1(m): 5:29am On Apr 12, 2016
WHO IS REALLY AFTER ROTIMI AMAECHI?

This question has become pertinent following the 2016 Budget saga and the narratives trending in the media. Why has Rotimi Amaechi suddenly become the centre of the discussion and the scapegoat? In all of this, I have waited patiently to hear or see anyone come out publicly to quote with precision any comment credited to Rotimi Amaechi on this matter that could be alleged to have triggered this whole crisis for which he is now been vilified and persecuted before Nigerians.

The present Budget sage started with Mr. President's refusal to assent to the Appropriation Bill without verifying its content. I have carefully listened to everyone on this matter and nobody has shown that it was Rotimi Amaechi who advised and convinced Mr. President to take such position. After the Emergency Federal Executive Council meeting, the Council issued an official statement in which it alleged that for some adjustments made by the National Assembly, the Budget "cannot be implemented" as it is. There was nothing from that Statement suggesting that the Minister of Transportation took that decision or influenced it, neither did he address the press to convey the decision. The question then is: is Rotimi Amaechi now the President?

In fact, I had the privilage of listening to the House of Representatives Committee Chairman on Appropriation Hon. Abdulmunin Jibrin during his appearance on Channels Television programme (Sunrise Daily) today (Monday), who himself was the first to speak about the matter publicly on behalf the National Assembly. He unequivocally said he could not confirm that Rt. Hon Amaechi made any comment, but based his entire statement on assumption, as he continuously prefaced his statements with: "if he said such"; "if indeed he said so". He confirmed that the bases for his statement were reports on social media.

I also heard him say that similar issue occurred in the Ministry of Health's and Ministry of Works' appropriation, and went ahead to explain the scenarios. Not calling for the antagonism or persecution of other persons, I ask the question: why are the Ministers of Health and Works not as much on the news and persecuted on this same issue as Rotimi Amaechi? Why is Rotimi Amaechi singled out? Why have both the Senate and House of Representatives taken such a posture against a person who has not spoken on the matter, to either cast aspersion on them or corroborate their story?

Senator Gbenga Ashafa, the Senate Committee Chairman on Land Transportation, who is the only person that has so far given a clear account of what transpired has confirmed that the Lagos - Calabar Rail Line, the subject matter, was part of the projects that the Minister of Transportation defended before his committee and that his committee in turn defended the project before the appropriation committee. He maintained however that it was not contained in the Budget Document submitted to National Assembly by Mr. President. Another question: Shouldn't the National Assembly have waited for the Minister of Transportation to have joined issues with Senator Ashafa, either to disprove or agree with him?

Curiously, the Senate went ahead, without hearing from the Minister in question, without an official statement from the Ministry of Budget or Budget Office, or from the Presidency that disagrees with Sen. Ashafa, but most regrettably relied on Social Media stories and reports to reprimand and vilify Rt. Hon Rotimi Amaechi and even went ahead to call for his apology or resignation. What a pitiable situation.

It is even more worrisome the extent to which the Senate, a very distinguished institution, could rely on "unofficial communication" on social media, to lower the person of a Minister, vilifying him with such uncouth remarks as "this latest antics of this particular minister of transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, is reckless, uncalled for and dangerously divisive".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Nobody: 5:48am On Apr 12, 2016
tuale4u:

are u sure you read the post!??
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Nobody: 5:50am On Apr 12, 2016
tonykel1:
WHO IS REALLY AFTER ROTIMI AMAECHI?

This question has become pertinent following the 2016 Budget saga and the narratives trending in the media. Why has Rotimi Amaechi suddenly become the centre of the discussion and the scapegoat? In all of this, I have waited patiently to hear or see anyone come out publicly to quote with precision any comment credited to Rotimi Amaechi on this matter that could be alleged to have triggered this whole crisis for which he is now been vilified and persecuted before Nigerians.

The present Budget sage started with Mr. President's refusal to assent to the Appropriation Bill without verifying its content. I have carefully listened to everyone on this matter and nobody has shown that it was Rotimi Amaechi who advised and convinced Mr. President to take such position. After the Emergency Federal Executive Council meeting, the Council issued an official statement in which it alleged that for some adjustments made by the National Assembly, the Budget "cannot be implemented" as it is. There was nothing from that Statement suggesting that the Minister of Transportation took that decision or influenced it, neither did he address the press to convey the decision. The question then is: is Rotimi Amaechi now the President?

In fact, I had the privilage of listening to the House of Representatives Committee Chairman on Appropriation Hon. Abdulmunin Jibrin during his appearance on Channels Television programme (Sunrise Daily) today (Monday), who himself was the first to speak about the matter publicly on behalf the National Assembly. He unequivocally said he could not confirm that Rt. Hon Amaechi made any comment, but based his entire statement on assumption, as he continuously prefaced his statements with: "if he said such"; "if indeed he said so". He confirmed that the bases for his statement were reports on social media.

I also heard him say that similar issue occurred in the Ministry of Health's and Ministry of Works' appropriation, and went ahead to explain the scenarios. Not calling for the antagonism or persecution of other persons, I ask the question: why are the Ministers of Health and Works not as much on the news and persecuted on this same issue as Rotimi Amaechi? Why is Rotimi Amaechi singled out? Why have both the Senate and House of Representatives taken such a posture against a person who has not spoken on the matter, to either cast aspersion on them or corroborate their story?

Senator Gbenga Ashafa, the Senate Committee Chairman on Land Transportation, who is the only person that has so far given a clear account of what transpired has confirmed that the Lagos - Calabar Rail Line, the subject matter, was part of the projects that the Minister of Transportation defended before his committee and that his committee in turn defended the project before the appropriation committee. He maintained however that it was not contained in the Budget Document submitted to National Assembly by Mr. President. Another question: Shouldn't the National Assembly have waited for the Minister of Transportation to have joined issues with Senator Ashafa, either to disprove or agree with him?

Curiously, the Senate went ahead, without hearing from the Minister in question, without an official statement from the Ministry of Budget or Budget Office, or from the Presidency that disagrees with Sen. Ashafa, but most regrettably relied on Social Media stories and reports to reprimand and vilify Rt. Hon Rotimi Amaechi and even went ahead to call for his apology or resignation. What a pitiable situation.

It is even more worrisome the extent to which the Senate, a very distinguished institution, could rely on "unofficial communication" on social media, to lower the person of a Minister, vilifying him with such uncouth remarks as "this latest antics of this particular minister of transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, is reckless, uncalled for and dangerously divisive".
in simple terms..Rotimi is an agent of corruption
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by godwin120alex: 5:52am On Apr 12, 2016
I'm confused
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Depope01(m): 5:57am On Apr 12, 2016
Instead of focusing on his ministerial assignment, e go River state waste around.. .... Our leaders lacks vision and don't know how to set priority right
Re: Senate Asks Amaechi To Resign by Osyabj: 6:03am On Apr 12, 2016
tuale4u:

Despite your thoughtful write up, you used the term "Niger Delta brothers" as a divisive term, used by people who want to divide and conquer the Eastern Nigeria Region {SS & SE).

Fact is that upwards of 80% of the fake creation called "Niger Delta" is IGBO. Period. So next time use the term Eastern Nigeria (SS & SE). The North uses the term, "The North" or "Northerner". They rarely use the devsive term NW,NE, NC. You get it. Other that, your comment is on point. We Eastern Nigerians should always refer to our Region as the East. or Easterners. We cannot allow outsiders to divide us without our permission.

This is not about APC or PDP. Millions of Easterners including Fmr Governors, Chukwubuike Amaech, Chris Ngige; Gov Okorocha, Adams Oshimole, etc, are all APC. As we all know now, It is an Eastern Nigerian, APC Minister, Hon. Amaechi, that fought for and included the "Calabar-Lagos Rail" project, in the supplementary budget.

The Eastern Nigerians (100% of SS & SE) are the MOST homogenous region in Nigeria. We are 99% Christian. We are united by near common language, common culture and have intermarried for thousands of years. That was why 100% of the traditional rulers in the Eastern Nigeria supported the idea of united nation of Biafra as a HOMELAND, safe haven for our indigenous peoples, who were persecuted as "one people" in Nigeria, whether we are Ijo, Efik-Ogoja, Ibibio or Igbo.

Eastern Nigeria SHALL remain ONE for ever.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

El-Rufai Meets Sanusi In Awe, Nasarawa (Photos) / Rivers Rerun: Drones Wike & PDP Bought To Prevent Rigging (Pics) / Ahamefula Rochas Okorocha & His Father Step Out Following Death Rumours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 182
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.