Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,154 members, 7,829,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos (69479 Views)

Real Reasons Why Buhari Wants Railway From Daura To Maradi In Niger Republic / Peace Corps Orders 100,000 Uniforms From Calabar Garment Factory (Photos) / Route Of The Controversial Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by gateleo(m): 9:58pm On Apr 12, 2016
Greenback:

FACT is we dont need the goddamm rail,cos we dont need to be connected to u slaves. We wanna be on our own. To hell with u'all

yea,dtruth3

Why are you so frustrated...please before you kill yourself with high blood pressure you can quickly and quietly relocate to Togo or Chad. ....
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by americanigga(m): 10:11pm On Apr 12, 2016
mandax:

OP and this one above are the most deceptive faces of Nigeria.

Truth is that:
1;
There's nothing yet in any of Nigeria's budget for the proposed Coastal standard gauge rail lines from Calabar to Lagos, nothing was meant to be until the Lagos to Abuja standard gauge rail lines are completed to join the Kaduna to Abuja standard gauge rail lines that are about to be commissioned.

2;

If and whenever Calabar to Lagos standard gauge rail lines are to start, they run on the coastal route, nothing like from Portharcourt or Uyo to Aba to Onitsha and to the southwest region, as shown above by this OP in his/her propaganda of Falsehood above.

3;

The proposed Coastal rail route from Calabar to Lagos was conceived by its Arewa and southwest designers to cut off the core Igbo areas in the east from the south south. The objective is to further the divide and conquer and rule and exploit the south south and south east to near paralysis without both groups coming together to form any useful and strong opposition to fend off the rest of Nigeria exploiting the south south and south east.

The conspiracy to keep the south south people siddon de look while outsiders use the oil revenues from the south south to develop elsewhere gave rise to the idea of the coastal train route.

Oil producing areas of Nigeria are supposed to be looking like Dubai of today, but for al these divide and conquer and exploit policies of rest of Nigeria over the south south and south east. Or, why was the first ever standard gauge rail lines in Nigeria start to be developed in the north, instead of from the south south and south east that provide the bulk of the fund?

Talk about Calabar to Lagos standard gauge rail lines is merely diversionary, to keep the south south and south east hopeful while Nigeria completes the Kaduna to Abuja to Lagos most expensive standard gauge rail lines.

senator Gbenga Ashafa, who
chairs the Senate Committee
on "Land Transportation," has
debunked the assertion by the
Speaker of the House of
Representatives, Yakubu Dogara
and the Chair of House of
Representatives Appropriation
Committee, Abdulmunin Jibrin
and other lawmakers that the
Lagos-Calabar Coastal Railway
project was never included in
the 2016 budget.
In a press statement below, the
Senator made it clear that while
the initial budget did not
contain the project, his
Committee later received an
amended budget from the
executive branch through the
Minister of Transportation,
Rotimi Amaechi, who also
defended the budget before his
committee. He stated that the
committee decided to
allocate money to commence
construction of the Lagos-
Calabar rail in 2016. A
counterpart funding is expected
to be provided by the Chinese
Export-Import Bank for the
project.

saharareporters.com/2016/04/11/federal-government-included-and-defended-inclusion-lagos-calabar-rail-2016-budget-senate
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by americanigga(m): 10:21pm On Apr 12, 2016
justmenoni:
As in the rail super Han,why hin no kuku build ring rail?quote author=poiZon post=44640245]

so in one year the project will be awarded n commissioned?
upon say u be americanigga, u no get functioning b.....ns.
e pele o.
I know u must pass onitsha before entering asaba, but in amaechi's blueprint, d reverse is d case.
dis one na upandan railtrack.

please I don't understand u. Can u write it in english?
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by poiZon: 10:23pm On Apr 12, 2016
americanigga:

please I don't understand u. Can u write it in english?

can u read n comprehend english wordings?
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by americanigga(m): 10:30pm On Apr 12, 2016
ritahot:

which is more pathetic?!; the fact that u spew this trash on NL or the 193 ignoramus who gave u those ''likes''. Calabar-lasgo bla bla bla...(hopeful oo). What abt university of otuoke?!..na ur papa build am?!

check again the likes is now more than 400 and
still counting.

You and I know University of Otuoke was just because of election. As at today it is like a secondary school.

1 Like

Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by americanigga(m): 10:41pm On Apr 12, 2016
HirstMOG:

if I may ask, why was the calabar-lagos railway project removed from the original budget under the watch of your so called Amaechi if not that they want to seek unnecessary attention. this was how you people celebrated bubu's victory by trekking for him as a sign of the hardship we found ourselves now, and you have started celebrating a project that has not even started. what a party and its gullible supporters.

I understand u are still very angry because jonathan lost. But how long can u remain angry? Please let go of the past.

To reply ur statement:
the budget was first prepared by civil servants and not Ameachi. Due to the errors the executive withdrew it from the house of assembly for amendment. That was when Ameachi saw that the civil servant did not include it. He ( Ameachi) then included it
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by Evestar200(f): 10:46pm On Apr 12, 2016
emekaxy:
Possible route of the controversial coastal Railway project before the national assembly as proposed by High Chief (Rt.) Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi.

From Calabar-Uyo-Aba-PH-Yenago-Otuoke-Yenagoa-Ughelli-Warri-Sapelle-Benin-Agbor-Asaba-Onitsha-Benin-Ore-Ijebu ode-Sagamu-Lagos

*Yenagoa-Otuoke-Yenagoa.............why will Amaechi like looking for trouble

Credit: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/senate-gives-buhari-final-warning-over-budget-2016/
na Delta state even gain dis project pas o
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by HirstMOG(m): 10:58pm On Apr 12, 2016
americanigga:

I understand u are still very angry because jonathan lost. But how long can u remain angry? Please let go of the past.

To reply ur statement:
the budget was first prepared by civil servants and not Ameachi. Due to the errors the executive withdrew it from the house of assembly for amendment. That was when Ameachi saw that the civil servant did not include it. He ( Ameachi) then included it

this isn't about GEJ, this is about the present government OK. they are not telling Nigerians the truth, how can we move forward when our own president can't even speak to us while in the country but rather speak when he's abroad. if he is a patriotic Nigerian and he has the interest of Nigerians at heart, he should address the nation concerning the fuel crisis as the petroleum minister. all I know is that whether you defend PMB or not, we are both going through the same pain right now while he is happy touring the globe all in the name of bilateral relationship.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by Roadmike(m): 11:19pm On Apr 12, 2016
Really not surprised at the removal of this from the Budget, did not the President say Governmental action will be dependent on patronage after all the SS and SE did not vote APC so naturally it should be removed.

Besides think we do forget was it not the same tribalist President that killed the Lagos Metroline Project think we all know why same tribal inclination of your President … haba so why expect any thing different
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by Mike008(m): 11:43pm On Apr 12, 2016
Nigerians! I pity thee.
What you people call bad governance is simply the direct consequences of our actions.
Greed, nepotism, sentiments, exploitation, hate, envy, jealousy, ethnocentricism, discrimination, selfishness, unfairness etc, are the major elements killing us. Without the above we can easily survive any bad government.
I hope God visits our iniquities with sorry and pain.
Clearly with don't deserve His pity.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by Blackkie: 11:50pm On Apr 12, 2016
The volume of ethnic lines seen and heard about this rail line is sickening.
What is the deal?
Nations have done real big time projects without noise.

I think mediocrity is evident here.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 13, 2016
itstpia8:

I'm quite sure you only want me to notice you so your online profile can be increased?

ok, now I've noticed you, kindly stop following my posts, thanks.

Your online profile should be higher now I responded.

kudos.

I dont really get the kind of grey matter which fixates on a place or people because they heard jack. eg oh, itstpia8 is ijebu, let us start shouting ijebu then. Itstpia8 is america, let us start shouting america.

But, do whatever works for you, we cant all be the same.

I see you have no contribution to the topic itself beyond attacking my post?

Are u ok ?? Who is following u or mentioned ijebu ode or whatever else u wrote up here??

I was clearly explaining to u the importance of the US rail system to the development of the US and why its important in Nigeria.

Clearly you think too highly of urself, if u think someone is following u off of that comment.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by aresa: 12:05am On Apr 13, 2016
Lemon12:
how can you say we are all Nigerians when your God buhari said we're 5% ? Huh ? Why are Yoruba people against ibaka seaport and 2nd niger bridge if we are all Nigerians ?

Very dumb and unintelligent post..

1 Like

Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by Charly68: 12:09am On Apr 13, 2016
How could somebody be wishing a laudable project like this dead on arrival , what type of stupid mentality is this ? Those of us who travels around the country understand the economic importance of the project..stop reading political meaning to every good move of the leaders .This is a laudable project..
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by ayourbamie: 12:38am On Apr 13, 2016
Thet should remove iboland fron the route so we can have peace
pardon them
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by saintkeppy(m): 12:39am On Apr 13, 2016
emekaxy:
Possible route of the controversial coastal Railway project before the national assembly as proposed by High Chief (Rt.) Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi.

From Calabar-Uyo-Aba-PH-Yenago-Otuoke-Yenagoa-Ughelli-Warri-Sapelle-Benin-Agbor-Asaba-Onitsha-Benin-Ore-Ijebu ode-Sagamu-Lagos

Credit: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/senate-gives-buhari-final-warning-over-budget-2016/
. I don't think this railway will pass thru' Yenagoa town-Otueke instead Mbiama town linking Ughelli in Delta state just like East-West Road. Reason is the geographical location of the town which is inward out of a major express road linking pH - Warri. In my own opinion there should be a by-pass (short possible route)in that particular axis so as to avoid buit-up areas in the town thereby reducing travelling time, saving cost of paying compensation to property owners. Bayelsa State Govt. Can as well propose a railway transport system to serve the people from yenagoa to other major towns like Nembe, Brass etc but come to think of it the state has a very difficult terrain, so many network of rivers,creeks&swampy areas which will require a lot of bridges & sand filling.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by saintkeppy(m): 12:42am On Apr 13, 2016
[quote author=emekaxy post=44631273]Possible route of the controversial coastal Railway project before the national assembly as proposed by High Chief (Rt.) Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi.

Credit: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/senate-gives-buhari-final-warning-over-budget-2016/[/qoute]. I don't think this railway will pass thru' Yenagoa town-Otueke instead Mbiama town linking Ughelli in Delta state just like East-West Road. Reason is the geographical location of the town which is inward out of a major express road linking pH - Warri. In my own opinion there should be a by-pass (short possible route)in that particular axis so as to avoid buit-up areas in the town thereby reducing travelling time, saving cost of paying compensation to property owners. Bayelsa State Govt. Can as well propose a railway transport system to serve the people from yenagoa to other major towns like Nembe, Brass etc but come to think of it the state has a very difficult terrain, so many network of rivers,creeks&swampy areas which will require a lot of bridges & sand filling.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by saintkeppy(m): 1:32am On Apr 13, 2016
emekaxy:

. I dont think this railway will pass thru' Yenagoa town-Otueke, instead Mbiama town linking Ughelli in Delta state just like East-West road. Reason is the Geographical location of Yenagoa town which is inward out of a major express road linking PH-Warri. In my own opinion there should be a by-pass(short possible route) in that particular axis so as to avoid built-up areas in the town, more travelling time &high cost of paying compensation to property owners.
Bayelsa State Govt. Can as well propose a railway transport system in the state to serve the people from the Yenagoa to other major town like Nembe,Brass etc. But come to think of it, the state has a very difficult terrain, so many network of rivers,creeks & swampy areas which will require a network of bridges and sand filling.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by NanciaKay(f): 2:03am On Apr 13, 2016
americanigga:

I here by call on all Bayelsa state Indigens, residents, Igbos and Biafran hopeful, both in and ouside the country to openly reject this good will from High chief, (Rit.) Hon Chibuike Rotimi Ameachi to construct a railway line in Otuoke Bayelsa. Because this will be a slap on the face of former president Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan the suposed hero of the Igbo race, who aparently did not do anything in the whole of Bayelsa let alone Otuoke. This looming embarrassment must be averted.

What the hero could not do in six years, the man that has been labeld as a betrayer is about to do it in one year. What will people say?

Let us see it first.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by onetouch04: 2:08am On Apr 13, 2016
Thet should remove iboland fron the route so we can have peace
Cant u see that u re reasoning thruogh ur nose?
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by onetouch04: 2:14am On Apr 13, 2016
saintkeppy:

. I dont think this railway will pass thru' Yenagoa town-Otueke, instead Mbiama town linking Ughelli in Delta state just like East-West road. Reason is the Geographical location of Yenagoa town which is inward out of a major express road linking PH-Warri. In my own opinion there should be a by-pass(short possible route) in that particular axis so as to avoid built-up areas in the town, more travelling time &high cost of paying compensation to property owners.
Bayelsa State Govt. Can as well propose a railway transport system in the state to serve the people from the Yenagoa to other major town like Nembe,Brass etc. But come to think of it, the state has a very difficult terrain, so many network of rivers,creeks & swampy areas which will require a network of bridges and sand filling.
Dont be scared. Just pray for #AmechiBuhariNaija#
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by jossytech(m): 2:57am On Apr 13, 2016
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by d4guy: 3:49am On Apr 13, 2016
Lemon12:
Yorubas will benefit more from this project than any other group ... But why must it always be Lagos ? Why not make it calabar to Asaba and see if we will not support it undecided
Lagos is a commercial center, and everyone would benefit from these
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by DinhoMVP: 4:52am On Apr 13, 2016
americanigga:

I here by call on all Bayelsa state Indigens, residents, Igbos and Biafran hopeful, both in and ouside the country to openly reject this good will from High chief, (Rit.) Hon Chibuike Rotimi Ameachi to construct a railway line in Otuoke Bayelsa. Because this will be a slap on the face of former president Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan the suposed hero of the Igbo race, who aparently did not do anything in the whole of Bayelsa let alone Otuoke. This looming embarrassment must be averted.

What the hero could not do in six years, the man that has been labeld as a betrayer is about to do it in one year. What will people say?

Did you just say that? O my GOD what level of Daftness permeates our societies these days!
GOD help us
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by justmenoni: 5:45am On Apr 13, 2016
Lol don't mind my keypad

quote author=americanigga post=44649424]

please I don't understand u. Can u write it in english?[/quote]
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by UncleChybyke: 6:08am On Apr 13, 2016
americanigga:

u people see things as if u re not a Nigerian that proposed railway after buhari 8 yrs it will still be like that.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by ushafe(m): 6:12am On Apr 13, 2016
Is a pity most people don't fellow up issues before they contribute, the costal rail project, Lagos - Kano rail and Idu-Kaduna rail were all approved and awarded durinh Gej tenure, what the Buhari government Is doing a review , equally a good step too.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by ritahot(f): 6:57am On Apr 13, 2016
americanigga:

check again the likes is now more than 400 and
still counting.

You and I know University of Otuoke was just because of election. As at today it is like a secondary school.

Nigerians with their poor mentality!. U said he did nothing for otuoke, i told u abt uni otuoke, u swallowed ur words only to downgrade it to sch. a school!. Is sec. School not an institution of learning?!..even if na primary school. ThankGod u zombies had no room to accuse GEJ of been a onsided & regional leader. Just like the dullard in aso rock.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by ocelot2006(m): 7:06am On Apr 13, 2016
wristbangle:

Why didn't he build it? Mtchewww!

Ever seen where an administration completes all its projects in a single term. It still does not change the FACT that GEJ is responsible for rescusitating the once dead and decayed Rail network.
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by ushafe(m): 8:13am On Apr 13, 2016
[quote author=saintkeppy post=44652020][/quote] That is not a problem, leave that for Engineers , especially we the Marine and Deep Foundation Engineers, That is the project is titled COSTAL RAIL
Re: Route Of The Coastal Railway From Calabar To Lagos by Damikevin(m): 8:54am On Apr 13, 2016
americanigga:

So you would rather continue to suffer than prove one man wrong? Pathetic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of Kidnapped Kankara Students After Their Release / What An APC Fan Was Doing In Akwa Ibom State (Photo) / The Biography Of Godwin Obaseki, The APC Edo State Governorship Flag Bearer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.