Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 (58020 Views)

Wedding Invitation Card Of Ibrahim Babangida & Maryam In 1969 (Photo) / Buhari With His Friends During The Civil War In 1969 (Throwback Photo) / Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 13, 2016
asorocker:
Everything about Ojukwu was indeed first class, from attending the best primary school to the best secondary school in the world to the best university in the world to using the best cars, marrying the prettiest ladies, flying the best jets of his time, fighting for the best army (Biafran army ) leading the best country that the world did not want to see, to dying in the best hospitals and getting the best burials ever in Africa.

Back to Back hits my brother.
May he rest in Peace.
Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by ourchoice(m): 11:27am On Apr 13, 2016
AntiWailer:

Don't mind IPODs.

They scream as if Ojukwu fought until the 'earth' swallowed him alive.

Meanwhile , he left the hungry Biafrans behind, dressed like a woman to evade arrest and ran to Ivory Coast at the border before he was pardoned.

Ojukwu never ran away, stop talking about what u don't know. My father was among the top officers with Ojukwu then....Ojukwu was begged to leave by other Biafran soldiers to allow Philip Efiong surrender Biafra because Britain, Egypt and Russian support for Nigeria became too much and Biafra had little or no support and couldn't hold the war anymore as there were food shortage (after Awolowo war policy), military arm shortage and British/Russian/Egyptian organized air raids was becoming so unbearable in Biafra....top officers had to plead with Ojukwu to leave and let Efiong surrender.

Ojukwu is a hero, Biafrans are heroes, if not for Britain, Russia and Egypt support to Nigerian side, Nigeria would have withdrew and allowed Biafra to secede, but Britain swore never to live and see one of their largest British colony (Nigeria) disintegrate just after 6yrs of independence.

So get your facts right...Danjuma, OBJ, Buhari, IBB, etc that fought the Biafran-Nigerian civil war know the truth, reason they are always scared of Igbos cos they know Igbos are very strong-willed people

OBJ was a commanding officer then that led Nigerian military batalion to attack Onitsha, OBJ escaped death but got badly wounded and was withdrawn back to Lagos...same with. Babangida, Muritala Mohammed, etc

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by YourNemesis: 11:28am On Apr 13, 2016
scholes0:
How about the aircraft he used in escaping to Abidjan, dressed up like a lady?
Does anybody know where the skeleton is? .... we can put that up as a reminder to any future cowards.

lol, you no serious oo .... grin

1 Like

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by Dahkogrin007(m): 11:28am On Apr 13, 2016
asorocker:
Everything about Ojukwu was indeed first class, from attending the best primary school to the best secondary school in the world to the best university in the world to using the best cars, marrying the prettiest ladies, flying the best jets of his time, fighting for the best army (Biafran army ) leading the best country that the world did not want to see, to dying in the best hospitals and getting the best burials ever in Africa.

And staying in d same 6ft like every other man below d ground...... Vanity upon vanity

2 Likes

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by AlanSugar(m): 11:29am On Apr 13, 2016
SirJeffry:
I overheard a supposedly lady saying words like "a rebel's aircraft, burn it to ashes" and I wonder how hatred allows such people sleep at night...and she's a woman. #spits#

I pity people around her cos they are all walking corpses. She can easily poison someone at slightest provocation. Tufiakwa.

You "overheard"? Where? On nairaland? Didn't know we had text-to-speech options! Seun!

2 Likes

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 13, 2016
ourchoice:
Nigeria will fight another civil war, but this time, it's going to be very deadly and brutal, and it will be a complex civil war like the American Civil war....it won't be between Igbo and other Nigerian tribes, no....it will be complex: Igbo fighting for freedom, Middle Belt fighting for freedom, Niger Delta fighting for freedom, maybe Yorubas fighting for freedom (I doubt though), and maybe Hausa fighting to break free from Fulani, only time will time cry

Fulani's coming with their cattle to live in Lagos grin grin grin grin
Kai this baba, you no go kill me o!
Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by Surfboard(m): 11:31am On Apr 13, 2016
This just gave me goose bumps. Wish we'd put more of these things in museums.
Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by asorocker: 11:33am On Apr 13, 2016
wins18:

Unlike the unfortunate ones who were at the receiving ends of biafra brouhaha,
ok
Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by agabaI23(m): 11:35am On Apr 13, 2016
kestolove95:
Rebel's aeroplane..burn d sh1t to ashes, while d coward remain wia he belongs
I really don't know but when I get this kind of hatred from a female sha...

3 Likes

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by Dahkogrin007(m): 11:35am On Apr 13, 2016
ourchoice:
Ojukwu never ran away, stop talking about what u don't know. My father was among the top officers with Ojukwu then....Ojukwu was begged to leave by other Biafran soldiers to allow Philip Efiong surrender Biafra because Britain, Egypt and Russian support for Nigeria became too much and Biafra had little or no support and couldn't hold the war anymore as there were food shortage (after Awolowo war policy), military arm shortage and British/Russian/Egyptian organized air raids was becoming so unbearable in Biafra....top officers had to plead with Ojukwu to leave and let Efiong surrender.

Ojukwu is a hero, Biafrans are heroes, if not for Britain, Russia and Egypt support to Nigerian side, Nigeria would have withdrew and allowed Biafra to secede, but Britain swore never to live and see one of their largest British colony (Nigeria) disintegrate just after 6yrs of independence.

So get your facts right...Danjuma, OBJ, Buhari, IBB, etc that fought the Biafran-Nigerian civil war know the truth, reason they are always scared of Igbos cos they know Igbos are very strong-willed people

See talk ooo... Ojukwu never ran away but he sha left d country

3 Likes

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by asorocker: 11:37am On Apr 13, 2016
Dahkogrin007:

today there are Nigerian military officers who are abandoning barracks in the face of war from boko haram

1 Like

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 13, 2016
[qquote author=kestolove95 post=44647471]Rebel's aeroplane..burn d sh1t to ashes, while d coward remain wia he belongs[/quote]bitch undecided
Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by sabi99(m): 11:39am On Apr 13, 2016
kestolove95:
Rebel's aeroplane..burn d sh1t to ashes, while d coward remain wia he belongs
u need to submit ur head for a routine servicing.....ur cerebrum is faulty

3 Likes

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by ourchoice(m): 11:39am On Apr 13, 2016
mykl01:

Fulani's coming with their cattle to live in Lagos grin grin grin grin
Kai this baba, you no go kill me o!
it's not funny my brother, the problem with youths of our generation is we trivialize everything till it hits us hard.

Syrians never believed they would fight a 6yr deadly civil war....Nigeria is not quarter developed like Syria.

If u study the trend of things currently, Fulani herdsmen if not stopped now, may fuel a very complex civil war or civil unrest in Nigeria.

Nigeria is gradually heating up....Nigeria is also becoming more divided along ethnic and religious lines. These are the things that caused the Rwandan genocide...if u think a whole tribe will sit and watch themselves being humiliated and killed in cold blood, then u are kidding and don't know history.

What causes war are the things currently happening in Nigeria now. No matter how educated u are, sometimes only war can bring peace and respect among people
Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by AlanSugar(m): 11:40am On Apr 13, 2016
Dahkogrin007:

No ooo, he didn't run, just walked away from the country, Hahahahaha!

1 Like

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by ourchoice(m): 11:44am On Apr 13, 2016
Dahkogrin007:

if u want to know the truth about the Biafra-Nigeria civil war, don't read war history books written by an Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Calabar, Ijaw, etc, read the ones written by neutral foreign journalists and war historians.

I don't want to recommend any for u, go to ibook store, Barnes, scribb or google online. After reading any Nigeria/Biafra civil war book written by a foreign historian or journalist, u will start to respect the Igbo people.

Biafra surprised the world! They broke world record, don't ask me how, but plz find foreign books and read smiley

9 Likes

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by AntiWailer: 11:47am On Apr 13, 2016
ourchoice:

---and he did flee to Ivory coast. Isnt it ?

My father is not a soldier but i have read different account of Biafran War. including Ojukwu's "Because I am involved", read about all the operations by the Nigerian Force from start to "Operation Tail End". I have read "Biafra Civil War" by Tom Cooper

So spare me the single account you rely on.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by aameyah(f): 11:49am On Apr 13, 2016
There is so much waste in Nigeria. Why seize something and then leave it to rot when it could generate revenue?

That's how I heard that one RITZ hotel was seized from a government official and is presently rotting in Benin. The massive edifice has not even been open for one day. Just sealed off till it finally crumbles.

Go to all states in Nigeria, the story is the same....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by ourchoice(m): 11:53am On Apr 13, 2016
AntiWailer:

---and he did flee to Ivory coast. Isnt it ?

My father is not a soldier but i have read different account of Biafran War. including Ojukwu's "Because I am involved", read about all the operations by the Nigerian Force from start to "Operation Tail End". I have read "Biafra Civil War" by Tom Cooper

So spare me the single account you rely on.

Yes Ivory Coast offered him asylum as a peacekeeping deal mission...and Ivorian officials, Gabonese officials and Biafran top officers and women begged Ojukwu to accept the offer to leave Biafra and go to Ivory Coast for peace to reign, so my point is: stop painting it like Ojukwu just woke up one day and decided to abandon Biafrans out of fear and flee....Ojukwu right from secondary school was a fearless man!

He once slapped a white headmaster of his secondary school during colonial era simply because the whiteman flogged a female student on the buttocks.

Ojukwu hated white people, wanted to chair the liberation of black race from dependence on whiteman's technology. He started it, Biafra developed so many great technologies that were abandoned to die by Nigerian government out of tribal hatred for Igbos cos they don't Igbos to take credit of being the ones that liberated black man from technology backwardness. Black man is cursed, take it or leave it, there's a video I will send to u and after watching it, u will weep for black race cry

He is a born freedom fighter just like Nnamdi Kanu. People like him in the southwest are - Fela and Wole Soyinka

4 Likes

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 13, 2016
ourchoice:

Oga ur post makes no sense,equating ur father s opinion with history....bros history is always right and it tells a different story 4rm d cabbage u posted above.Ojukwa ran away to ivory coast 2 escape being beaten 2 death(wot happened 2 gadafi comes 2 mind).history did not tell us dat ur father or oda top rebel officer beged Ojukwa 2 run.

5 Likes

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by ourchoice(m): 12:03pm On Apr 13, 2016
habib55:
Oga ur post makes no sense,equating ur father s opinion with history....bros history is always right and it tells a different story 4rm d cabbage u posted above.Ojukwa ran away to ivory coast 2 escape being beaten 2 death(wot happened 2 gadafi comes 2 mind).history did not tell us dat ur father or oda top rebel officer beged Ojukwa 2 run.
If u followed the Libyan crises, some countries also offered Gadaffi asylum, he refused...they did same for Sadam, he refused and got killed yes...Nigeria offered to Charles Taylor, he accepted and later got arrested and transferred to ICC Hague by OBJ where he is serving jail term....so same with Ojukwu, he never ran away, he was coerced to leave for peace to reign...Biafra wasn't conquered entirely, Biafra surrendered, reason the civil war was declared: NO VICTOR, NO VANQUISH, read your history well my brother, stop arguing based on hatred and tribal sentiment, be objective in your argument and cite facts and figuressmiley

6 Likes

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by eyeview: 12:08pm On Apr 13, 2016
SirJeffry:
I overheard a supposedly lady saying words like "a rebel's aircraft, burn it to ashes" and I wonder how hatred allows such people sleep at night...and she's a woman. #spits#

I pity people around her cos they are all walking corpses. She can easily poison someone at slightest provocation. Tufiakwa.

Anytime that woman posts,its always filled with tribal hatred and bigotry. Sometimes I have to look at her profile to confirm if this is indeed a female(cos there's nothing lady about her).
No matter the topic,she will always find a way to drag tribal bigotry into it. Sadly,it has so enveloped her that I doubt if there's hope for her redemption again.
Just do what many peopple on NL do,ignore her

2 Likes

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by HomeOfMe(f): 12:09pm On Apr 13, 2016
SirJeffry:

Abi o my brother! It's people like her that would stab their husbands while he's sleeping in the middle of the night. Omo lasan ikeji aja
Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by RichYoungNigger(m): 12:12pm On Apr 13, 2016
I love how the Fulanis destroyed Yoruba guys last month in Lagos.
Let's talk about cowardice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 13, 2016
scholes0:
How about the aircraft he used in escaping to Abidjan, dressed up like a lady?
Does anybody know where the skeleton is? .... we can put that up as a reminder to any future cowards.

this is d same aircraft bro.
Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:13pm On Apr 13, 2016
They should preserve it. Let it be in the museum so that, generations to come will learn about a rebel called Ojukwu, a coward who fled away during the war and left his people in the cold hands of death.

3 Likes

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 13, 2016
liveshady:
This is the historic aircraft with registration number 5N-AER used by OJUKWU during his active period for the emancipation of the Republic of Biafra.

Aircraft name is Hawker Siddeley 125 (HS-125). A presidential aircraft as at the time active.

Even though the Aircraft was flown into the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology, Zaria in serviceable working condition and parked. It is now a SCRAP used for training of Pilots/Aircraft Engineers and viewing for school children who come for excursion. The Aircraft is parked in front of Aircraft Maintenance Engineering School Hangar.

I guess the interior might still be clean since it has not been opened for years but the flown in serviceable aircraft is now looking tattered possibly because it's not being maintained.

Don't you think Nigerian government should allocate a maintenance vote to this historic aircraft or at worst preserve it in the museum as artifact for growing young Nigerians to know that the Biafra/civil war that took the lives of millions is real?

what is so historic about the aircraft that requires preservation?

1 Like

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by macaranta(m): 12:15pm On Apr 13, 2016
Okay
Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by Knetpro(m): 12:20pm On Apr 13, 2016
Ok. Let's see how it all pan out...
Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by samkay3g(m): 12:29pm On Apr 13, 2016
That coward that fled to abidjan... Mtcheew

3 Likes

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 13, 2016
This aircraft has been parked for over 50yrs , look at the body, the company making this aircfraft no longer exist.

It can only be used as museum item. Even if the plane were given to bianca she would reject it.

1 Like

Re: Abandoned OJUKWU Aircraft Seized By Nigerian Government Since 1969 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 13, 2016
asorocker:

Unlike one Otapiapia (Kill and Dry) drinking coward grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Maryam Abacha And Her Grandchildren In New Photos / Orji Uzor Kalu And Buhari Throwback Photos, 18 Years Ago / Kwara APC Governorship Candidate Banner Surfaces In Saraki's Family House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.