Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation (18903 Views)

Donald Duke Indicates Interest To Run For President In 2019 / General Bouba Dobekreo Visits Nigeria (Photos) / Mohammad Hamid Ansari Visits Nigeria With His Wife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by tivta(m): 10:18am On Apr 14, 2016
Am happy to see lawyers who understand the depth of law, it's just unfortunate that most Nigerians cram their way through school, just like someone saying stealing is corruption meanwhile Google and online dictionaries are free, if only the rule of law was respected in the country things won't be as bad as it is now, may justice prevail...

3 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 14, 2016
Ikechu12781:
Watching in 3D. Buhari and Burutai or whatever una call una slaves get ready for that jail you wished on GEJ and Ohejirika.

Anyone else notice...everything Buhari and North wished for GEJ reign and attacked him for during the election, are slowing happening in his reign.

If we need more evidenced that Karma is a bitch, we should look no farther

I tell you! It is a right step in the right direction!

This event is to turn out in the most likely following stages:

The ICC will get more evidence to back up the cases...

Submit it to the Hague....

The International Human Rights Body will make the reports global...

Protests will be activated both in Nigeria and the Diaspora...

NATO will then wade in...

Then the NEPA Certificate Holder will be declared a tyrant and given "The Ghaddafi" treatment!

Zombies....see una life cheesy cheesy

13 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by otiigba1(m): 10:27am On Apr 14, 2016
intergral:
it seems things are goin your way... Nigeria will get better ... and may your intentions for Nigeria continue to be your portion .... simply because the person you wasted your votes on did not win......
man! Why take it personal? The man is just stating his opinion. Don 't be too sentimental i voted for buhari too. And i am not happy with his regime no one is above criticsm even buhari and you also.
So calm down! tongue

6 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Polar3: 10:29am On Apr 14, 2016
intergral:
it seems things are goin your way... Nigeria will get better ... and may your intentions for Nigeria continue to be your portion .... simply because the person you wasted your votes on did not win......

our intertion for naija is to be free and have equal rights and opportunities with those who pillage and plunder our niger delta resources mainly for their own gud,ppl who see themselves as 1st class citizens; our intention is for naija to practise true and fiscal federilism and resource control that will set all regions on their toes to work harder and be creative and desist from parasitism..nobody will have to go to aso rock with cap in hand,begging for what God has given to you;.. Our intention is to develop ourselves with our God given natural resources in our region in naija.....
So whats ur intention,is it continous parasitism?
TkesterA

1 Like

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by akereconfi: 10:34am On Apr 14, 2016
Connect The Dot..

Immediately PMB is putting plans to dump the Dollar for the Chinese currency, ICC came calling...

Ghadafi treatment comes to mind

3 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Xano(m): 10:34am On Apr 14, 2016
castrogee:

People don't even understand how the ICC works. It is a court that prosecutes crimes that fall within its jurisdiction, crimes such as: Rape, murder, massacre, destruction of a civilian society by any means, etc. They have professional judges. The prosecutor's team will first investigate the case submitted by the plaintiff to ascertain if the case falls within the court's jurisdiction and also to ascertain if the case should go on owing to the fact that some cases may be minor or trivial, like an unintentional killing of a civilian society. For example, if the police in trying to quell a riot accidentally kills people, though the ICC has the jurisdiction over such matter but they may not go on to prosecute the case, because such is the tragedy of our every day lives and in this case ICC will only issue a directive to the relevant organ or authority responsible to be more reasonable in their actions next time to avoid such human casualties.

All these go down during the ICC preliminary investigation, the preliminary investigation is conducted to ascertain if the case can go on to the next level which is now the full investigation of the various evidences rallied by the plaintiff against the defendant, needless to say that at this moment the ICC is almost certain that the case will go on, i.e the prosecutor is almost certain that he is ready to prosecute.

Unfortunately, this is where Nigeria is right now. The coming of the ICC prosecutor, the chief prosecutor for that matter is to signal to the Nigerian authority that the result of there preliminary investigation indicts them (Nigeria), and they will go into full investigation and also to intimate the Nigerian government to be ready for the investigation because certain govt officials will need to be examined. Now, IPOB is claiming to be in possession of forensic evidence against the Nigerian army i.e. evidence that shows that the bullets used against arm-less protesters indeed came from the Nigerian military (and this is scary), coupled with video evidence. This is the reason why the army is sweating to brand IPOB a terror group. But the truth is that you don't just label a group terrorists without strong evidence of their ties to destruction and untamed violence and evidence to show that they have carried out such crimes like ISIS is doing now. For Goodness sake the Nigerian govt should know that they are appearing before a panel of judges, learned and experienced judges for that matter that understand the terrain and they want to present these baseless charges before them?

Predictably, some of us saw this thing coming, and raised alarm, but Buhair being a dullard thought everything about power is fiat. he ordered his COAS to use hyper force on unarmed protesters, because he is buhari, well I wish him good luck. Now IPOB has said they will resume their protests once they get their TV station running, the implication is that this time they could hold the protests for the time they want without harassment because the world is now paying attention. I believe this shouldn't have gotten to this level had Buhari not been reckless with his decision. Over 8 cases have been established against Nigeria in the ICC, I told a friend of mine that the next battle ground in the world is Nigeria. Its unfortunate that it is only in Africa that you see unarmed protesters been shot with such reckless abandon, and yet Africa will claim to be unfairly treated by the west.

In most cases, it was more than use of hyper force. In the era of high quality mega pixels in smart phones, the use of camera and video evidence will be damning. Shiites attacked and IPOB protests affected may have video and picture evidence to submit against the Nigerian Army.

It may be interesting development in the coming weeks.

3 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by ahaika23: 10:35am On Apr 14, 2016
The Great Nnamdi Kanu will be smiling right now. Shit's about to get down. As for the empty-headed stubborn kunu bastard and his zombie followers, this is the worst news ever. In the history of Nigeria, never has this been heard of. Buhari, your jail cell is being worked on as we speak. You and your cows will live happy ever after.

13 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 14, 2016
AyakaDunukofia:
Buhari is unwittingly following Sudan's Bashir foot steps

His brash statement and refusal before the world to watch the video of "ABA massacre" was inviting enough.

Dutch lawyers and pressure groups working in Europe are working very hard to ensure Buhari understand that the world is now a global village.

You are more than right! The despot was busy running Nigeria like it's his personal property not knowing that the turn out of events which is linked to his tyrannical tendencies was being watched by the International Community! I have a friend who stays in the Netherlands and he intended coming home (Nnewi) to invest before the outcome of the elections which was rigged by Jega in buhari's favor.

The guy decided to chill to see how the political and economical atmosphere under the gworo-chewing mallam would look like and as if he knew, the economy started crashing! Then came the event of the massacre of Shiites and the IPOB protesters. The latter angered my guy and he gathered enough footage of the events both on paper and electronic media then proceeded to the Hague with some other IPOB agitators living in Holland and nearby EU Countries.

The money which he wanted to come home to invest was what he used in covertly reaching out to lawyers there. I tried to dissuade him from "wasting his money" but he waved it off and said it was better to make an attempt to do something than remain silent! This news shows that his efforts and that of some other individuals have finally paid off!

The incarceration buhari put Nnamdi Kanu will definitely knock on his door soon! The best he will get is a life-long asylum in Yemen! TYRANT!

13 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 14, 2016
Bubu about to get down! innit!

4 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by leofab(f): 10:38am On Apr 14, 2016
KINGinVALHALA3:
They shouldn't forget to take "mama peace" along when going back to the Hague.

I even thought she and her "ex president wife" were whom they came for.
taaa Common die it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Goke7: 10:39am On Apr 14, 2016
akereconfi:
Connect The Dot..

Immediately PMB is putting plans to dump the Dollar for the Chinese currency, ICC came calling...

I don't want to say anything here until I saw this post of yours but all I can say for now is that International politics is at play here and would get more interesting in the coming weeks, we are watching.
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by jlinkd78(m): 10:40am On Apr 14, 2016
castrogee:

People don't even understand how the ICC works. It is a court that prosecutes crimes that fall within its jurisdiction, crimes such as: Rape, murder, massacre, destruction of a civilian society by any means, etc. They have professional judges. The prosecutor's team will first investigate the case submitted by the plaintiff to ascertain if the case falls within the court's jurisdiction and also to ascertain if the case should go on owing to the fact that some cases may be minor or trivial, like an unintentional killing of a civilian society. For example, if the police in trying to quell a riot accidentally kills people, though the ICC has the jurisdiction over such matter but they may not go on to prosecute the case, because such is the tragedy of our every day lives and in this case ICC will only issue a directive to the relevant organ or authority responsible to be more reasonable in their actions next time to avoid such human casualties.

All these go down during the ICC preliminary investigation, the preliminary investigation is conducted to ascertain if the case can go on to the next level which is now the full investigation of the various evidences rallied by the plaintiff against the defendant, needless to say that at this moment the ICC is almost certain that the case will go on, i.e the prosecutor is almost certain that he is ready to prosecute.

Unfortunately, this is where Nigeria is right now. The coming of the ICC prosecutor, the chief prosecutor for that matter is to signal to the Nigerian authority that the result of there preliminary investigation indicts them (Nigeria), and they will go into full investigation and also to intimate the Nigerian government to be ready for the investigation because certain govt officials will need to be examined. Now, IPOB is claiming to be in possession of forensic evidence against the Nigerian army i.e. evidence that shows that the bullets used against arm-less protesters indeed came from the Nigerian military (and this is scary), coupled with video evidence. This is the reason why the army is sweating to brand IPOB a terror group. But the truth is that you don't just label a group terrorists without strong evidence of their ties to destruction and untamed violence and evidence to show that they have carried out such crimes like ISIS is doing now. For Goodness sake the Nigerian govt should know that they are appearing before a panel of judges, learned and experienced judges for that matter that understand the terrain and they want to present these baseless charges before them?

Predictably, some of us saw this thing coming, and raised alarm, but Buhair being a dullard thought everything about power is fiat. he ordered his COAS to use hyper force on unarmed protesters, because he is buhari, well I wish him good luck. Now IPOB has said they will resume their protests once they get their TV station running, the implication is that this time they could hold the protests for the time they want without harassment because the world is now paying attention. I believe this shouldn't have gotten to this level had Buhari not been reckless with his decision. Over 8 cases have been established against Nigeria in the ICC, I told a friend of mine that the next battle ground in the world is Nigeria. Its unfortunate that it is only in Africa that you see unarmed protesters been shot with such reckless abandon, and yet Africa will claim to be unfairly treated by the west.
My brother while I was reading d introductory part of Ur writeup I erroneously thought u were one of d zombies but going down I found Ur contribution as one of d most informed and intelligent position paper on d subject matter. Having watched d You tube video of d conviction of Bemba by this same Prosecutor I doubt d magic DAT could stop d indictment of Mr Buhari vis-à-vis d Big Army. The woman made it clear DAT d Head of Govt will be held accountable for unwarranted killing of unarmed civilians by agents of d state.

12 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Goke7: 10:43am On Apr 14, 2016
ilawanson44:

You are more than right! The despot was busy running Nigeria like it's his personal property not knowing that the turn out of events which is linked to his tyrannical tendencies was being watched by the International Community! I have a friend who stays in the Netherlands and he intended coming home (Nnewi) to invest before the outcome of the elections which was rigged by Jega in buhari's favor.

The guy decided to chill to see how the political and economical atmosphere under the gworo-chewing mallam would look like and as if he knew, the economy started crashing! Then came the event of the massacre of Shiites and the IPOB protesters. The latter angered my guy and he gathered enough footage of the events both on paper and electronic media then proceeded to the Hague with some other IPOB agitators living in Holland and nearby EU Countries.

The money which he wanted to come home to invest was what he used in covertly reaching out to lawyers there. I tried to dissuade him from "wasting his money" but he waved it off and said it was better to make an attempt to do something than remain silent! This news shows that his efforts and that of some other individuals have finally paid off!

The incarceration buhari put Nnamdi Kanu i will definitely knock on his door soon! The best he will get is a life-long asylum in Yemen! TYRANT!

Interesting!!!

1 Like

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Deen77: 10:44am On Apr 14, 2016
ICC should go after Bush on Iraq war crime.
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by pacino26(m): 10:44am On Apr 14, 2016
I remember a post I made where I stated that the ICC is for African leaders and a friend said Bubu fits the criteria.

I long for a Nigeria where justice is served, where people irrespective of the position they hold are made to be accountable for the actions and indifference to sensitive human right abuses.

I hope it's not just another media hype; the ICC visit I mean.

2 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 14, 2016
castrogee:

Thank you very much. Most people don't seem to know that the majority of cases filed at the ICC do not end up being prosecuted by it. People quickly rejoice on hearing that their favorite has filed a case against the another. Mttcchheeww.
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Deen77: 10:47am On Apr 14, 2016
akereconfi:
Connect The Dot..

That is for sure, international politics. Can Nigeria stand among the equal, Russian, China Iran & India dumping dollars.....
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by cyberdurable(m): 10:48am On Apr 14, 2016
intergral:

Zombie Alert...

2 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Goke7: 10:51am On Apr 14, 2016
Deen77:

That is for sure, international politics. Can Nigeria stand among the equal, Russian, China Iran & India dumping dollars.....

If we get behind the Govt, Nigeria can, but then we are not united
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by ahaika23: 10:57am On Apr 14, 2016
I can't wait to see Buhari who despises his own people just because they are 5% in handcuffs. I will dance and laugh and rejoice. Infact I will spend all I have jubilating and I know this would pain the zombies!!!!

3 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by ckmayoca: 10:59am On Apr 14, 2016
KINGinVALHALA3:
They shouldn't forget to take "mama peace" along when going back to the Hague.

I even thought she and her "ex president wife" were whom they came for.

Did she write an application for an employment with ICC?

2 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by mu2sa2: 11:02am On Apr 14, 2016
People spewing trash on nl that ipob is not a terror organization should shut the hell up. What hypocrites! When Nnamdi Kanu was calling for arms on the hate-instigating radio biafra to levy war against the good people of federal republic of nigeria, where were they? While you ipob urchins go about threatening fire and brimstom, you think icj can protect you?
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by ahaika23: 11:02am On Apr 14, 2016
Zombies, your dullard is about to get served! Watchya gaan do?

3 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by IVORY2009(m): 11:05am On Apr 14, 2016
Goke7:

I don't want to say anything here until I saw this post of yours but all I can say for now is that International politics is at play here and would get more interesting in the coming weeks, we are watching.

There is no "international politics" here bro, there are facts and figuares to nail "Buhari" he seems not to understand wat is about to happen, he is the commander-in-chief of the arm forces, he is the one that ordered the shooting frm Abuja to his COAS and boys.

7 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by BestKato(m): 11:06am On Apr 14, 2016
TkesterA:
The Federal Government on Wednesday pledged commitment to the highest standards of adherence to human rights in the conduct of all her international affairs including counter insurgency operations against Boko Haram in the country.

A statement issued by the Special Adviser, Media and Publicity, Mr Salihu Isah to the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice Abubakar Malami, SAN, said the minister gave this pledge when he received a delegation from the Office of the Prosecutor, International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague, Netherlands, Madame Fatou Bensouda, on Wednesday in Abuja.

The minister assured the delegation that Nigeria had high value for its relationships with the ICC and would unequivocally continue to fulfill its obligations to the Court.

Malami also disclosed that the Nigeria Army had conducted their operations in the North East region of the country in a highly professional manner imbibing with best practices in the areas of international human rights and humanitarian law.

He also revealed that he was aware of the eight case files opened against Nigeria by the ICC which the prosecutor intended to investigate in her next stage of assessment of Nigeria situation.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/04/13/fg-reassures-icc-of-commitment-to-upholding-international-standards-in-war-against-terror/

if you are not here to talk about the genocide against BIAFRAN then you have no good reason being here!!

5 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by ahaika23: 11:08am On Apr 14, 2016
Zombie, let's assume Nnamdi was calling for arms, however your dullard has already used arms to exterminate innocent civilians. From where I'm standing, the terrorist is the one who who's going about killing and the guy asking for arms is seeking for self-defence and protection. Whichever way you look at it, your dullard has a case to answer! ****
mu2sa2:
People spewing trash on nl that ipob is not a terror organization should shut the hell up. What hypocrites! When Nnamdi Kanu was calling for arms on the hate-instigating radio biafra to levy war against the good people of federal republic of nigeria, where were they? While you ipob urchins go about threatening fire and brimstom, you think icj can protect you?

8 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by intergral(m): 11:16am On Apr 14, 2016
otiigba1:
man! Why take it personal? The man is just stating his opinion. Don 't be too sentimental i voted for buhari too. And i am not happy with his regime no one is above criticsm even buhari and you also.
So calm down! tongue
read what he posted again you will see that what is going on in this country is not a problem to him but a success .... read again !
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by Proffwhyhurry12(m): 11:20am On Apr 14, 2016
I wonder how 9ja youth read and comprehend, so many educated illiterate in the country
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by intergral(m): 11:25am On Apr 14, 2016
Polar3:

our intertion for naija is to be free and have equal rights and opportunities with those who pillage and plunder our niger delta resources mainly for their own gud,ppl who see themselves as 1st class citizens; our intention is for naija to practise true and fiscal federilism and resource control that will set all regions on their toes to work harder and be creative and desist from parasitism..nobody will have to go to aso rock with cap in hand,begging for what God has given to you;.. Our intention is to develop ourselves with our God given natural resources in our region in naija.....
So whats ur intention,is it continous parasitism?
TkesterA
then show those intentions in you post......
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by CHIJIOKE1314: 11:39am On Apr 14, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

Spewing crap.
The ICC has jurisdiction over all countries signatory to it Nigeria inclusive.

Only a handful of nations like the US are not signatory to the ICC since they declared it contravenes their sovereignty.

Even at that, the ICC can request extradition for an alleged war criminal hiding in a third party nation signatory to the ICC convention.

Additionally, the Geneva convention on conflict is supreme to all UN member nations irrespective if they are not signatory to the ICC.

This was what led to the ICC issuing an arrest warrant for the Sudanese fugitive president omar Bashir where it was made clear that he ordered and orchestrated the genocide in Darfur.

Finally, the ICC was setup to try cases in failed states where institutions of Justice have collapsed.

Buhari and his criminal coward Generals will face justice for the cold blooded cowardly murder of defenseless women and children.

He will not remain in power forever and sooner or later he and his criminal gang will answer for their crimes in Zaria, the SE, Odi and in Cross River.

Bros what you said wasn't different from the one you cancelled..

Or are you just looking for fight, any fight.. whether with friends or foo....

You statement agreed 100% with his comment yet you called it crap? I don't get.. ..

3 Likes

Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by flamingREED(m): 12:02pm On Apr 14, 2016
Deen77:
ICC should go after Bush on Iraq war crime.

War criminals of US and Israel would roam scot-free.

No international court has the courage to put them on trial.
grin

Although, I'm not aware of any of them yet
Re: ICC Prosecutor Visits Nigeria - Indicates Interest To Commence Investigation by LemonBoy1: 12:05pm On Apr 14, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

Spewing crap.
The ICC has jurisdiction over all countries signatory to it Nigeria inclusive.

Only a handful of nations like the US are not signatory to the ICC since they declared it contravenes their sovereignty.

Even at that, the ICC can request extradition for an alleged war criminal hiding in a third party nation signatory to the ICC convention.

Additionally, the Geneva convention on conflict is supreme to all UN member nations irrespective if they are not signatory to the ICC.

This was what led to the ICC issuing an arrest warrant for the Sudanese fugitive president omar Bashir where it was made clear that he ordered and orchestrated the genocide in Darfur.

Finally, the ICC was setup to try cases in failed states where institutions of Justice have collapsed.

Buhari and his criminal coward Generals will face justice for the cold blooded cowardly murder of defenseless women and children.

He will not remain in power forever and sooner or later he and his criminal gang will answer for their crimes in Zaria, the SE, Odi and in Cross River.

Oga, i wish you read his post.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rotimi Amaechi, Hadiza Bala Usman And Other At The NPA Headoffice In Lagos. Pics / NNPC Removes Yusuf Matashi, As Usman Yusuf Replaces Him In Major Shake-up / Fashola: Why Lagos-Badagry Expressway Is Yet To Be Fixed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.