Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians (16761 Views)

God will turn around things for Nigeria – Kemi Adeosun / Flashback: Enugu Shoa Throws Out Gender Equality Bill / Apc Senators Fear Take Over Of The Senate By Pdp - Backs Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by PureWays(m): 8:09am On Apr 14, 2016
I think this bill is to promote women superiority... Aren't our women enjoying all the issues the bill seeks to address?

Opportunity for entrepreneurship is given to all (male and female) likewise the opportunity for education and if in any case there is a report of a woman being raped, the law will definitely punish the perpetrator so what else do they want?
The only aspect I think the women are not given enough chance is in the Political system which to me is due to lack of women strong enough for the kind of political games played in the country and besides, past experience has proved that our women are not ready to handle power, talk about the likes of Allison Madueke and Cecilia Ibru..

Obviously this struggle is to promote female superiority because all the mentioned advantages they seek are already given to them, Ooh maybe they want a system whereby every opportunity will just be given to them without them fighting for it like the males do..

2 Likes

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by demarc001: 8:10am On Apr 14, 2016
Naija I hail Thee
Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by Zenas212(m): 8:16am On Apr 14, 2016
There is no need for that bill to be passed. Women already enjoy all the issues the bill seeks to address. Our major problem is our state institutions, nothing else.

3 Likes

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by funlord(m): 8:20am On Apr 14, 2016
angry

We love lesbos and 'some' types of oloshos! And so do most of these useless legislators sef!

1 Like

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by cardoctor(m): 8:20am On Apr 14, 2016
AS if that would change the price of garri in the market.
Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by purplish(f): 8:20am On Apr 14, 2016
amokeme:
can someone please explain what the bold means to me Cause I don't seem to get it.

If everything mentioned there are what the bill is to achieve, then I think the "Gender equality" title they are giving it is wrong. It should be, Equal rights and elimination of violence against the female gender" which is totally different from Gender equality. People tend to mix the two which is why this battle is a lost one already.

Aunty, that is what Gender Equality means exactly...that everybody has equal rights, access to equal opportunities and treatment, REGARDLESS of gender. Not that women hate men, are "the same" as men or want to push men backwards. It is the political air-heads, the anti-progressive lots who spin the term to mean something entirely different. So yes, the appropriate all encompassing name of the bill is the Gender Equality Bill.

3 Likes

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by delishpot: 8:20am On Apr 14, 2016
Is the bill only about sexual rights of Nigerian women?

1 Like

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by osec007(m): 8:22am On Apr 14, 2016
chriskosherbal:
I think it is individual differences, if an individual is spoilt, then she is spoilt, but of she is not, then she is not.
guy 4get it,every bad person was once good before been corrupted
Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 14, 2016
Why do we need this bill? undecided
Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by osec007(m): 8:23am On Apr 14, 2016
onoja12:
first he has a right to concur,second what makes you think he doesn't know what he is talking about,lastly have you read the bill the woman presented,you are relying on the title.after reading that bill i new right away that woman didn't prepare that bill,it was given to her,the bill is out to bring in lesbianism though the back door,no story about it. but like most things the white do thinking we are stupid, they thought our women would line up on the street and start a riot if the bill wasn't passed.But God has always made sure that they never succeed,please look for the bill and read it.if i find it on my system i would put it up

seconded
Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by sweetyme001(f): 8:25am On Apr 14, 2016
Hai!!! Pass the bill why hasn't the gender inequality bill turned men to gay and male prostitutes. We are tired of being single cos of the attitudes of men towards payment of bride price we too want to start paying our bills including groom price. So my honorable senators " what is good for the male is equally good for the female.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by purplish(f): 8:25am On Apr 14, 2016
osec007:
seconded

I have read the bill. Please refer us to the said sections that want to "bring in lesbianism through the back door"

2 Likes

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by joseph1832(m): 8:29am On Apr 14, 2016
Who has a copy of this bill. I'll like to know how passing this bill into law may change a woman into a lesbian or otherwise.
Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by joseph1832(m): 8:30am On Apr 14, 2016
purplish:

I have read the bill. Please refer us to the said sections that want to "bring in lesbianism through the back door"
Pardon me, can I ask you for a link to the bill? I want to read it just to understand the details more...

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by ijaw1stson: 8:31am On Apr 14, 2016
amokeme:
can someone please explain what the bold means to me Cause I don't seem to get it.

If everything mentioned there are what the bill is to achieve, then I think the "Gender equality" title they are giving it is wrong. It should be, Equal rights and elimination of violence against the female gender" which is totally different from Gender equality. People tend to mix the two which is why this battle is a lost one already.
nice point dear... you spoke my mind already
Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by purplish(f): 8:31am On Apr 14, 2016
delishpot:
Is the bill only about sexual rights of Nigerian women?

Not at all. It touches on discrimination in education, public and social spaces, economic rights of women (e.g access to employment opportunities, credit facilities, widows' rights to share equally in the estate of deceased husbands), and illegalization of several sociocultural practices that serve as barriers against the development of women and girls.
Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by okejos(m): 8:32am On Apr 14, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] MALE N FEMALE UNDER GO SAME 9 MONTHS GESTATION PERIOD, GO THROUGH SAME 6.3.3.4 EDUCATION SYSTEM IS THAT NOT EQUAL ENOUGH. WHAT OTHER EQUALITY ARE WOMEN FIGHTING FOR THE PROSTITUDE THE SENATE JUST CALLED THEM. THE TRUTH IS SIGN INTO LAW OR NOT WIL NOT MAKE A WOMAN WHO IS A WEAKER VESSEL TO B STRONG. HW MANY WOMEN HAVE PHOTO OF THEM CARRING THEIR HUSBAND ON A WEDDING DAY, HOW MANY PUSH TRUCK N DRIVE CARTAPILAR. GODBLES OUR SENATE

1 Like

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by atoleybaba(m): 8:34am On Apr 14, 2016
Most we follow the west way of doing things? That is y we are backward....u all saying trash should pls read how Europe under developed Africa.....we av abandoned our way of life and accepted d western way of life and we are not even doing it right. We are just like a bat. Not a bird not a mammal just blind and inbetween. I think d women are enjoying more than enough freedom. I don't know what other equality they want(even tho it is against did bible principle that says d man is d head of a woman and not equal to a woman) since we know it is a devilish system of thing we live in, I think women are enjoying every sensible thing dy can enjoy without DX useless gender equality

1 Like

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by purplish(f): 8:35am On Apr 14, 2016
joseph1832:
Pardon me, can I ask you for a link to the bill? I want to read it just to understand the details more...

Thank you.

Here you go - https:///zkyr3NEgkW
Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by delishpot: 8:35am On Apr 14, 2016
purplish:

Not at all. It touches on discrimination in education, public and social spaces, economic rights of women (e.g access to employment opportunities, credit facilities, widows' rights to share equally in the estate of deceased husbands), and illegalization of several sociocultural practices that serve as barriers against the development of women and girls.

Why then is that man up there worried about SEXUAL lives of the women is all that the bill seeks to improve? Anyway, let me go find a copy of that "controversial" bill

2 Likes

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by PureWays(m): 8:37am On Apr 14, 2016
Zenas212:
There is no need for that bill to be passed. Women already enjoy all the issues the bill seeks to address. Our major problem is our state institutions, nothing else.
Exactly!
Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by NaWetinDey(m): 8:39am On Apr 14, 2016
Gender rubbish!
He who tries to please a woman and meet all her demands is headed for destruction; the same goes for any state.
The womenfolk don't seem to understand that this their gender nonsense campaign is an act of helping the devil to destroy the world. They have all the influence, therefore care must be taken in adding undue power to influence.
Rights should apply to men and women alike. What do women mean by bill against rape, against this and against that? I was raped by our maid when I was as little as 4 or 6 yrs old. And two other women had done that to me while i was still a teen. One is dead and others married with children close to my age now.
Before we allow some of these Western laws here we must have to first make our society and country like theirs less we destroy our future. Our women have zero tolerance for patience, they will destroy the future of men collectively with undue bills.

Human rights orgs should come into any case where people are mistreated and deprived. In fact, the court should do its work.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by joseph1832(m): 8:40am On Apr 14, 2016
purplish:

Here you go - https:///zkyr3NEgkW
Indeed, you're a jewel. Thanks a bunch.
Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by OpenGames: 8:41am On Apr 14, 2016
Hohhh!!!! Nigeria which way..
Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by Pidggin(f): 8:45am On Apr 14, 2016
Eya men no get shame, dey fear women grin One day that bill will be passed.

1 Like

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by Handsome4real(m): 8:47am On Apr 14, 2016
Stupid excuse.

1 Like

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by Lyonking: 8:51am On Apr 14, 2016
Are you sure??
Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by PureWays(m): 8:52am On Apr 14, 2016
purplish:

Which discrimination in education are you talking about?
Last time I checked, Nigerian woman are given every right to go to school..

There are many companies that prefers female workers to male so the issue of economic rights is invalid..

I think women don't want to fight for opportunities like the men do, this struggle is to promote female nepotism and superiority..

All what the bill seeks has already been given, all what the women need it to "go take it".

1 Like

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 14, 2016
Nigerian menwill be the fir st to proudly boast of their status in life and their sophistication.. but they are really concealing their deep insecurities, their immaturity, their infidelity and their struggles and their inability to make a sustainable impact on Nigeria since independence.

The Senate is a bunch of immature, illiterate scoundrels - just look at where we are from 30 years ago.. NOWHERE and these he-goats cannot think with anything but their ..... grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 14, 2016
aren't they already? sleeping with married men for handbag, teachers for grades, employers for jobs. Not every prostitute walks the street.

What is a side chick if not a glorified peostitute

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose Allocates 200 Shops To Traders At Oja Oba Market (Photos) / Reno Omokri Blasts EFFC After Seizing Unionbank Money And Kept Quiet On Ganduje / Abacha Loot: FG Secretly Pays Malami’s Lawyers ‘Dubious’ $15m Fees - The Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.