Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians (16766 Views)

God will turn around things for Nigeria – Kemi Adeosun / Flashback: Enugu Shoa Throws Out Gender Equality Bill / Apc Senators Fear Take Over Of The Senate By Pdp - Backs Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by hush15: 8:58am On Apr 14, 2016
geniusgenes:
give a woman an inch.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

we can already see them n Nairaland...

If anyone care to listen, why even bring it up in the first place.

This term called "gender equality" shouldn't be encouraged. What is the comparison in the first place? That a woman wants to have equal rights with men or what! How can it be so? What rights does man have that women wish to have or should I ask what right a woman has that a man wish to have cos this gender thing shouldn't exist in the first place! Is it the quest for superiority? What's the competition all about? What happen to a life of purpose and it's sad to think we inferior to each other that would want to make us contest for superiority.

God created man for a reason, and then formed the woman for a reason and am pretty sure the two reasons are mutually exclusive and never equal, neither is one superior or inferior to the other. It's very simple, let's walk according to God's Will and reason for us rather than equate each other. I am not sure plan man and woman to fight for equality else context of term "weaker vessel" won't have suffice.

Pls, let's observe nations that have accepted this gender equality and examine them. The first thing you would notice is relationship values are lost and gone, where respect and love of God is taken for granted and thrown to the trash. Followed by decay in moral value where dignity, honor, family values among others are lost and the final phase which is lost societal and spiritual values are 6ft below. It's this same gender equality that lead to gay marriages in some part of the world. All these leads to a society where men are no longer men and women no longer helpers as God designed. It's really sad cos I wonder and ask, so where is God in all these?

Women no longer understand their roles and men who can't cope find solace in men like themselves. Marriages crashing at very alarming rate and relationships built on false foundations. Gender Equality isn't empowering women, it is killing the institution called FAMILY cos at the end of a day, when a woman believes she and her husband have equal rights, rights that only God can give, there is no way she wouldn't take it for granted and misbehave eventually that will breakup the marriage.

We need to understand our roles in life as Structured by God. When we do, we would realise that there isn't any need for this gender equality. It doesn't mean there won't be issues, it just that we will have a more Godly way of resolving them than proclaim a right that no man can give.

Men, let's us learn to appreciate the women as Christ loved the church and women, let's honor our men as God has designed it. He is God and he knows better. The Senate should go take a chill pill on the gender thing.

So much to explain but for me, this gender thing is just another tool of the devil to confuse the world and spoil the design of God thru mankind. We should not give in...

Thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by pepigeorge(m): 8:59am On Apr 14, 2016
Dollyak:
Gender equality turning women to lesbian. Word fail me. Just when I thought the senators couldn't sink lower they have just achieved that. The average women in Nigeria are too stupid to fight for what is right so why bother?
Women has to show they are equal from the cradle. ...
the gals cannot claim to be equal wen dey had unknowingly reduced themselves.
It's his responsibility to:
pay for my hair
buy me recharge card
buy me clothes
take me out
buy me phones
give me monthly allowance. Blah blah blah.
How can u b equal to that guy dat does all this 4 u....
GALS HAS TO SHOW EQUALITY FIRST B4 THE BILL CAN BE CONSIDERED

1 Like

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 14, 2016
very foolish talk...olodo men ruling nigerian since the countrys inception

4 Likes

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by toprealman: 9:04am On Apr 14, 2016
amokeme:
can someone please explain what the bold means to me Cause I don't seem to get it.

If everything mentioned there are what the bill is to achieve, then I think the "Gender equality" title they are giving it is wrong. It should be, Equal rights and elimination of violence against the female gender" which is totally different from Gender equality. People tend to mix the two which is why this battle is a lost one already.
Nigeria is really in trouble with the present crop of political leaders we have!
So by inference the present situation have reduce the population of men DOING men.....and male prostitutes? MTCHEW!
Gender equality bill should be an issue for people with over bloated ego! Treat a woman like a queen and you will enjoy the rest of your dayz!
Same politicians sending silly FB msgs here and there on all social platforms.....MTCHEWZZZZZZ

2 Likes

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by emmagift2000: 9:04am On Apr 14, 2016
I really don't see the nexus between lesbianism or prostitution to gender equality. I ask, in what areas are females not equal to males?

3 Likes

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by habsydiamond(m): 9:08am On Apr 14, 2016
in the bible n quran. God did not give men and women equal right that was why he made Adam to sleep and remove one of his ribs to create Eve. if God wanted equality for them both, he would have created Eve without removing anything from Adam's body. with this, it doesnt mean that women should be turn into slave oo. God created them to be partner, respectful, comforter, adviser, listener, caregiver and a role model to the family. but some ladies are the inventor of troubletology which makes men to offend God. ladies obey ur men if u dont want to offfend God.
Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by PureWays(m): 9:08am On Apr 14, 2016
Pidggin:
Eya men no get shame, dey fear women grin One day that bill will be passed.
Not that my dear! If the bill should be passed, some things will need to stop:
Things like, Bride Price, Male taking care of Female (It will be all head for itself), no more respect for a woman that hits you i.e you punch me, I beat the hell outta ya!
Men won't always pay the bills, women will struggle equally like men, like driving cabs and trucks..

After all these, I'm sure only few(prolly rich) Nigerian women will have time for make ups, gossiping and all that..
Let's see if that beautiful face can be maintained with ll these struggle... Lol

2 Likes

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by pepigeorge(m): 9:08am On Apr 14, 2016
daretodiffer:
Why do we need this bill? undecided
lol.....I fear o..
After all na d men dey take care of all your needs. ..
if they pass the bill na u go take care of ur needs. U ready?..plz don't vote 4 it o
Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 14, 2016
Women always misuse opportunity so the senators are right in some senses

2 Likes

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by iykedare(m): 9:09am On Apr 14, 2016
PureWays:
I think this bill is to promote women superiority... Aren't our women enjoying all the issues the bill seeks to address?

Opportunity for entrepreneurship is given to all (male and female) likewise the opportunity for education and if in any case there is a report of a woman being raped, the law will definitely punish the perpetrator so what else do they want?
The only aspect I think the women are not given enough chance is in the Political system which to me is due to lack of women strong enough for the kind of political games played in the country and besides, past experience has proved that our women are not ready to handle power, talk about the likes of Allison Madueke and Cecilia Ibru..

Obviously this struggle is to promote female superiority because all the mentioned advantages they seek are already given to them, Ooh maybe they want a system whereby every opportunity will just be given to them without them fighting for it like the males do..

Most Nigerian women are lazy. Like you rightly said,they already have all the bill will address but they want to be handed some advantages over the men.

They need to be reorientated and not pass any bill on gender equality.
Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by yamfula: 9:11am On Apr 14, 2016
amokeme:
do you even understand what you are concurring to Anyways, it's not your fault. Is the lawmakers who don't know the difference. Because going by what you are "concurring" to, equal access to education, strengthening of the laws on violence against Women, ending abduction of girls, sustenance and promotion of entrepreneurship opportunities, gender mainstreaming will turn women into prostitutes undecided please, lock your daughters in your house and don't send them to sch, amd teach them how to depend on a man for every they need including breathe if possible. send just the male and if your daughter is raped (God for bid) or physically abused, go to the man and thank him because she is a girl and she deserves it embarassed
My prayers is that the bill should DIE DIE DIE as many times the Nigerian women will present it. We are Nigeerian and not oyibos who do not have culture. What I hate in my life is to see ladies unclad in the name of civilization. How on earth can heavily preganent women go out with leggish, sometime half nacked. It irretates me seeing these set of prostitudes.. Right now almost half of Nigerian women are protitudes, highly indsciple, and irresponble according to surveys.
what is expected is to bring your daughters well cultured, try to ban them from going out with unclad dress, and allow God to take over the rest. As at today, if a girl child or women generally do not go out with show body, it means you are civilized.
For that alone, I will pray against therubbish bill.
Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by Captain001(m): 9:11am On Apr 14, 2016
amokeme:
do you even understand what you are concurring to Anyways, it's not your fault. Is the lawmakers who don't know the difference. Because going by what you are "concurring" to, equal access to education, strengthening of the laws on violence against Women, ending abduction of girls, sustenance and promotion of entrepreneurship opportunities, gender mainstreaming will turn women into prostitutes undecided please, lock your daughters in your house and don't send them to sch, amd teach them how to depend on a man for every they need including breathe if possible. send just the male and if your daughter is raped (God for bid) or physically abused, go to the man and thank him because she is a girl and she deserves it embarassed

Let's narrow it down to your family. Do your brothers enjoy greater rights from your parents than you? Women already have the rights to live and make impact just like men. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala is a woman, dieziani Madueke is a woman etc; these are women who achieve what drove of men won't achieve in their lifetime. This gender equality claptrap is just the devil's mechanism to to reverse the the program of God for man. God has made the man the as the head of the woman just as christ is the head of the man. The antichrist west that has championed this course, how has it helped them? Lawlessness, lack of morals, divorce, single parenthood, crime, and countless vices so called gender equality has caused.
Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by Onegai(f): 9:21am On Apr 14, 2016
MathsChic:
Yet another evidence of primitiveness from Nigeria's supposedly esteemed senators. Just when you start to think they are liberated and educated, they turn back to their backward ways which have kept Nigeria in perpetual darkness grin

Not just senators, aren't you reading the comments from most of the male children on this thread? Because when you have a right to work and educate yourself and stop your husband from beating you, you become a prostitute or a lesbian immediately.

Like lunatics, they will come and be shouting "women are not equal, we are Africans, shut up!" in Politics section, then open a thread in Family section saying "my father has abandoned his responsibilities and my mum cannot support me and my siblings".

grin

3 Likes

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by iykedare(m): 9:22am On Apr 14, 2016
amokeme:
, equal access to education, strengthening of the laws on violence against Women, ending abduction of girls, sustenance and promotion of entrepreneurship opportunities, gender mainstreaming will turn women into prostitutes undecided [

So women in Nigeria do not have all these?
Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by HirstMOG(m): 9:27am On Apr 14, 2016
meaning there are no prostitutes and lesbians in Nigeria presently??

1 Like

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by PureWays(m): 9:29am On Apr 14, 2016
iykedare:

Most Nigerian women are lazy. Like you rightly said,they already have all the bill will address but they want to be handed some advantages over the men.

They need to be reorientated and not pass any bill on gender equality.

Exactly!
The struggle for gender equality as they call it was originally designed by some pained women who didn't have a good sexual relationship..
If you have noticed, all the women fighting for gender equality have either broken homes, bad marriage or very bad sexual life, so to channel their anger and frustration on something, they designed this bullcrap to fill their void..

To me, any woman that seeks this struggle is either, egocentric, lacks male attention, a lesbian, has marriage issues or of course bad sexual life.

Just look at the lives of the women fighting for this and what I'm talking about will be clearer..

1 Like

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by MathsChic(f): 9:30am On Apr 14, 2016
Onegai:

Not just senators, aren't you reading the comments from most of the male children on this thread? Because when you have a right to work and educate yourself and stop your husband from beating you, you become a prostitute or a lesbian immediately.

Like lunatics, they will come and be shouting "women are not equal, we are Africans, shut up!" in Politics section, then open a thread in Family section saying "my father has abandoned his responsibilities and my mum cannot support me and my siblings".

grin
Utterly baffling. I was expecting some male folks to support this. Just wasn't expecting this much overwhelming support. I keep wondering what in the world will make the Nigerian male turn away from these chauvinistic trappings.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by misscall247: 9:34am On Apr 14, 2016
amokeme:
lol...calm down! u ppl r beta off without d equality bill
Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by lastpage: 9:35am On Apr 14, 2016
amokeme:
can someone please explain what the bold means to me Cause I don't seem to get it.

If everything mentioned there are what the bill is to achieve, then I think the "Gender equality" title they are giving it is wrong.
It should be, Equal rights and elimination of violence against the female gender" which is totally different from Gender equality. People tend to mix the two which is why this battle is a lost one already.

Well, it is "supposed to mean" WOMEN are not EQUAL to MEN!
...... but

*I am yet to see a school that says they wont accept your ward ...because she is FEMALE!
*I am yet to see the employer that says "You failed the aptitude test and wont be employed ...because you are FEMALE!
*I am yet to see the Armed Robber that said "We robed you" .... because you are FEMALE!
*I am yet to see the Bus Conductor that said "I wont take you" .... because You are FEMALE!
*I am yet to see the Petrol Station that failed to sell to you....because You are FEMALE!
*I am yet to see the Govt Housing Agency that says "We wont approve your Build Plan" ... because You are FEMALE!
*I am yet to read the INEC form that says "You are ineligible for Political Office" ...because You are FEMALE!
*I ma yet to read the Nigerian Constitution where it says "you cant be President" ..... because You are FEMALE!
*I am yet to see a Car dealer that says "You cant buy this Car" ..... because You are FEMALE!
*I am yet to see a jamb admission form that says "You cant apply".... because You are FEMALE!
*I am yet to see any Airline that says "You cant Fly" ...... because You are FEMALE!

So, what is all these DECEIT about Female EQUALITY about?

Okay, l will be honest, l have seen situations where it is agreed that "You cant INTIMIDATE your Husband or send your husband away from the House" (as done in Western Countries) ..... because You are FEMALE! undecided undecided

Now, can the "Campaigners of this 'Equality' Bill" be honest enough to come out clear, about what and where exactly they want to end-up?
angry angry

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by rakish(m): 9:35am On Apr 14, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
arr you dull?

don't our women already enjoy all those things you listed up there? abi Dem no send you go school? if man beat you, police no dry arrest am?

it is very clear the bill is to bring in lesbianism into Nigeria.
You speak like a male chauvinist and that has even clouded your sense of simple reasoning. Given women same equal opportunities with men will make them lesbians and prostitutes? Are Nigerian men now gays and male prostitutes becoz of the rights they possess which the women folk want same equal opportunities? Women are always discriminated upon by men in dis country whether in marriage,political positions,education,in the family etc And given women equal opportunities with men will help in bringing out the best in every woman(i think the men fil insecure). Moreova their wil always be lesbians and prostitutes and also their wil be those who wil never be.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by PureWays(m): 9:37am On Apr 14, 2016
Onegai:

grin
Really?

The lesbianism excuse is bull so I don't know what they thought about to have produced such inference..

I personally think there is no need for Gender equality because in Nigeria a female has every opportunity a male has..
What these "emotional traumatised" women seek is Female nepotism and superiority cos all the issues they seek to address has already been given to them, all they need do is to "go get it"..

You can't eat your cake and still have it, if you want entrepreneurship opportunity, earn it and don't seek petty advantage because deep down you know you aren't up to the task..
Women should work hard as men do and stop ranting already..

2 Likes

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by PureWays(m): 9:41am On Apr 14, 2016
MathsChic:

Utterly baffling. I was expecting some male folks to support this. Just wasn't expecting this much overwhelming support. I keep wondering what in the world will make the Nigerian male turn away from these chauvinistic trappings.
Really!!!! Chauvinistic trappings?
If you don't mind my dear:
In just a sentence, simply state what the women want to achieve with the bill.

What do you want?
Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by hopeforcharles(m): 9:48am On Apr 14, 2016
PureWays:
I think this bill is to promote women superiority... Aren't our women enjoying all the issues the bill seeks to address?

Opportunity for entrepreneurship is given to all (male and female) likewise the opportunity for education and if in any case there is a report of a woman being raped, the law will definitely punish the perpetrator so what else do they want?
The only aspect I think the women are not given enough chance is in the Political system which to me is due to lack of women strong enough for the kind of political games played in the country and besides, past experience has proved that our women are not ready to handle power, talk about the likes of Allison Madueke and Cecilia Ibru..

Obviously this struggle is to promote female superiority because all the mentioned advantages they seek are already given to them, Ooh maybe they want a system whereby every opportunity will just be given to them without them fighting for it like the males do..
My brother I have thought about this and didn't see any bone of contention, they already enjoy all this rights and even politics they are in it, they even have preference treatment in almost everywhere nobody stops them, they are been limited by themselves, They want something else not Gender equality.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by akpos4uall(m): 9:48am On Apr 14, 2016
hush15:

If anyone care to listen, why even bring it up in the first place.

This term called "gender equality" shouldn't be encouraged. What is the comparison in the first place? That a woman wants to have equal rights with men or what! How can it be so? What rights does man have that women wish to have or should I ask what right a woman has that a man wish to have cos this gender thing shouldn't exist in the first place! Is it the quest for superiority? What's the competition all about? What happen to a life of purpose and it's sad to think we inferior to each other that would want to make us contest for superiority.

God created man for a reason, and then formed the woman for a reason and am pretty sure the two reasons are mutually exclusive and never equal, neither is one superior or inferior to the other. It's very simple, let's walk according to God's Will and reason for us rather than equate each other. I am not sure plan man and woman to fight for equality else context of term "weaker vessel" won't have suffice.

Pls, let's observe nations that have accepted this gender equality and examine them. The first thing you would notice is relationship values are lost and gone, where respect and love of God is taken for granted and thrown to the trash. Followed by decay in moral value where dignity, honor, family values among others are lost and the final phase which is lost societal and spiritual values are 6ft below. It's this same gender equality that lead to gay marriages in some part of the world. All these leads to a society where men are no longer men and women no longer helpers as God designed. It's really sad cos I wonder and ask, so where is God in all these?

Women no longer understand their roles and men who can't cope find solace in men like themselves. Marriages crashing at very alarming rate and relationships built on false foundations. Gender Equality isn't empowering women, it is killing the institution called FAMILY cos at the end of a day, when a woman believes she and her husband have equal rights, rights that only God can give, there is no way she wouldn't take it for granted and misbehave eventually that will breakup the marriage.

We need to understand our roles in life as Structured by God. When we do, we would realise that there isn't any need for this gender equality. It doesn't mean there won't be issues, it just that we will have a more Godly way of resolving them than proclaim a right that no man can give.

Men, let's us learn to appreciate the women as Christ loved the church and women, let's honor our men as God has designed it. He is God and he knows better. The Senate should go take a chill pill on the gender thing.

So much to explain but for me, this gender thing is just another tool of the devil to confuse the world and spoil the design of God thru mankind. We should not give in...

Thank you

Thanks for nailing it. Not until I read this, I was trying to understand how this so called equality could lead to lesbianism and all that but clearly, as you pointed out, it is one of the major causes of same sex marriage and the high alarming rate of family/relationship break ups in the western world.
Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by kraftykc(m): 9:53am On Apr 14, 2016
onoja12:
first he has a right to concur,second what makes you think he doesn't know what he is talking about,lastly have you read the bill the woman presented,you are relying on the title.after reading that bill i new right away that woman didn't prepare that bill,it was given to her,the bill is out to bring in lesbianism though the back door,no story about it. but like most things the white do thinking we are stupid, they thought our women would line up on the street and start a riot if the bill wasn't passed.But God has always made sure that they never succeed,please look for the bill and read it.if i find it on my system i would put it up

That God you quote so well is watching you in IMAX 3D. Which bill did you read and where did you read it? Give us concrete details contained inside and shame the devil or remain exposed as a liar.

This is a fight to bring Nigeria into the light, but people like you seem to love the darkness we are in where girls as young as 4 are habitually raped and abused, where we are yet to see females physicists in laboratories because men are having a field day with it.

Don't quote God, he isn't with you in this one.
Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by nicolosam(m): 9:56am On Apr 14, 2016
In Nigeria today....there are prostitutes in millions and there are lesbians. no government can stop such act. in fact, worst than that will still surface in Years to come. only the developing economies waste our public resources on frivolities. if women have chose to be prostitutes, lesbians etc, so be it....it is evidently clear that even if we begin to force them into it, not all will be. therefore, The Senator's argument is baseless and lack logic. we, Nigerians must compel these law makers to judiciously consume our national resources by debating on national matters that will promote a viable economy and standard of living for Nigerians. many state governors can't pay workers' salaries... but our senators still go home with millions of naira at the end of the month. no fuel, no power supply, hyper inflation everywhere etc....but our lawmakers are busying discussing lesbianism and prostitution as if it is new in our society. A rigorous rebirth is imminent for Nigeria to move forward. lawmakers' salaries and allowances must be slashed to no more than #100000 per month and they should all be made to stay within their constituencies during their stay in office. then we can talk about a new Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by PureWays(m): 9:56am On Apr 14, 2016
hopeforcharles:

My brother I have thought about this and didn't see any bone of contention, they already enjoy all this rights and even politics they are in it, they even have preference treatment in almost everywhere nobody stops them, they are been limited by themselves, They want something else not Gender equality.
They want the world to be given to them just cos they are female and don't want to struggle..

1 Like

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by lohresloco: 9:57am On Apr 14, 2016
I want to disagree, but I can't. I'm too African.
Sunnycliff:
This is Africa! We a Chauvinist!

For Gender equity go to India or the UK!

This is a man's world here!

No to Gender Equity
Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by deelobe: 10:03am On Apr 14, 2016
LocalChamp:
Senators fear Gender Equality Bill will turn women to prostitutes, lesbians –Senator Abaribe

April 13, 2016 Samuel Ogundipe

The senator representing Abia South Senatorial District, Eyinnaya Abaribe, has said the Senate rejected the Gender Equal Opportunities Bill because some lawmakers feared the legislation could give women unfettered freedom to engage in immoral activities.

Mr. Abaribe said many senators expressed deep concerns over the blanket freedom the bill would give women because many of them would ignore their immediate responsibilities and turn to prostitutes and homosexuals, urging the proponents of the bill to find a way of replacing some of its languages.

Mr. Abaribe spoke during a forum on political rights of women in Nigeria organised by the Civil Resource Development and Documentation Centre (CIRDDOC) on Wednesday in Abuja.

“The bill was defeated at the second reading when its details were highlighted to the senators,” Mr. Abaribe said. “Some lawmakers started expressing deep worries about some parts of the bill that they think could give women too much freedom and lead them to prostitution, lesbianism and other social vices.”
Mr. Abaribe called on all those championing the bill to make efforts at modifying some aspects of it in order to make it acceptable to all lawmakers for passage.
“The reason why we’re here is that we think that we should be able to restrategise, we should be able to look at the bill again and see those contentious areas we may need to modify. We should be able to find those critical constituencies within the senate that we must have to address.

“We should be able to look at the narrative of the bill and how it is being presented to the public and change that narrative and make it a positive narrative.
“For example, the bill is not a north versus south bill. The bill is not a Christian versus Muslim bill. The bill is not a male versus female bill. The bill simply seeks to extend to every Nigerian all the rights that are they should enjoy. And if women by virtue of our culture, by virtue of our historic antecedents are being behind, then we need to also drag them into the economy by giving them every right that they can use to be productive members of the society and that is all that we’re trying to do.
“It has been rejected but we’re talking to the senators who are supporting the bill to know how we could move forward. It’s not easy to say the bill can pass tomorrow, but we will continue to plead with other members for their support on this bill.
Mr. Abaribe, who is a member of the Senate Constitutional Review Committee, also said the bill may need to be incorporated into the Constitution as part of the ongoing constitutional amendment process in the National Assembly.
“Since we’re doing constitutional review, I will advise that we find a way of putting this bill directly into the Constitution because if we just make it as part of electoral law, it could be challenged at the courts and get struck down.”
The bill, which has continued to stoke widespread emotions amongst women, was introduced by Senator Biodun Olujimi and it aimed to achieve, among other purposes, equal access to education, strengthening of the laws on violence against Women, ending abduction of girls, sustenance and promotion of entrepreneurship opportunities, gender mainstreaming and gender equality, as well as female participation in governance.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/201751-senators-fear-gender-equality-bill-will-turn-women-to-prostitutes-lesbians-senator-abaribe.html

If this statement above is true that something is definitely wrong with this chauvinistic approach. How come you guys have not become homosexuals.
How does a bill encourage this. It is only bigots that can think in this baxkwars manner.
It is so sas. I am who I am no bill can change my womanity if there is anything like that but does not make me a lesbian. That they even thought this is so annoying. To imagine a woman brought these men thinking like this into this world.

1 Like

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by bukatyne(f): 10:16am On Apr 14, 2016
Chanchit:
I'm even hoping they pass that bill, all I have to do is remind any girl/lady that wants to bill me that we are equal before the law.

Gender equality is a mind set, some ladies believe they are equal to a man while many believe they would never be equal, if you like pass the bill 10x.

I very much agree with you.

The Senators are jokers except they are subtly telling us that men are prostitutes and homosexuals.

1 Like

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by Onegai(f): 10:20am On Apr 14, 2016
MathsChic:

That is why I encourage women "don't support your husband financially if he is not supporting you domestically". When it is time to share bills or run away and abandon their children, women are equal to the task. When it is time to give women a chance to make decisions, women are inferior. Almost half of them on this thread were brought up by their mothers, women who could not get fulltime work due to the fact that she had small kids and no helper, women who could not get any support from any organisation and had to send them to do houseboy with someone else. They will be screaming at every rape case reported on NL frontpage and ignore the fact that almost none of those cases will even go to trial, talk-less of convict the attacker (who will then locate their sister to rape). Yet they are making noise loudly.

You seem like a smart girl. Please marry the most un-Nigerian man you can find. Or better yet, marry a foreigner. So that when you are talking Science to him, his ego won't be smarting that he doesn't know half of what you know and he won't start looking for ways to deal with you because of that.

5 Likes

Re: Senators Fear Gender Equality Bill Will Turn Women To Prostitutes & Lesbians by Coldfeets: 10:21am On Apr 14, 2016
Osc:
Women always misuse opportunity so the senators are right in some senses

You are so right.

That's my only problem with this bill.

Just take a closer look at the American society. Their so called liberated women are now making their men to run to Asia for things like relationship because these liberated women want to wear the pants.

Generally speaking, women cannot handle power.

Once she's firmly in a position of power, there's no need for pretense from her anymore so expect unbridled arrogance and controlling attitude from her.

Unfortunately for the women, most men cannot cope with such.

So what do have here now?

War.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dasuki Said I Should Give Jonathan’s Cousin $40m – Witness / Igbos More Concern On Our Status In Nigeria Than Igbo Presidency – Prof. Nwosu / Ada Aleru: Terrorist To Get Chieftaincy Title In Zamfara - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.