Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station (19401 Views)

Is NNPC Hoarding Fuel Also? / Okowa Commissions Rain Oil Ultra Modern Mega Station And Mall In Asaba / NNPC Mega Stations Increase Fuel Price By N4/litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by Ovi4god(m): 6:31am On Apr 14, 2016
You sound like a fulani herdsmen. Its too early move over You have no bruSh ;DYou sound like a fulani herdsmen. Its too early move over You have no bruSh
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by Nobody: 6:32am On Apr 14, 2016
The refineries are in a bad state...at least the govt should have been honest about that. But, what scares me, and tells me that the situation is very very bad is the fact that even if our refineries worked at FULL CAPACITY.....we would have just 17million liters of PMS a day.

Meanwhile....we need as much as 43-70 million liters a day.

That tells me we are going to be importing fuel for a while. And with your average refinery taking four to eight years to build....that means we may see either more scarcity....or we end up paying for fuel at prices above N150 per liter....because let's be frank....we need to remove subsidy, and allow marketers to set prices (forget price modulation.....).....so that marketers can have enough cash to import fuel (ie enough dollars).

PDP should have built them three greenfield refineries. I wonder what happened.
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by Gerrard59(m): 6:32am On Apr 14, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Actually things were bad. We had scarcity every year of GEJ's regime. And part of the reason for the current scarcity is GEJ's failure to pay many marketers during the last year of his regime....meaning many of them had to take heavy loans from banks to import ....which they still owe...and which the current govt is struggling to pay thanks to the low revenues now from oil.

Mr Bush..doc, I know that you support and Buhari and this has been so since you became a Nairalander. However, accept it or not, things are bad. I have never seen/witnessed the economy as bad as this since I was born and this someone that classifies himself as coming from a middle class family. Businesses are packing up, job losses everywhere, power supply is abysmally; even lecturers find it difficult coming for classes as a result of the hike of staple products/goods especially petrol. And we pride ourselves as the highest producer of crude oil in Africa?

Everyone is complaining that things are hard and you still put the blame on Jonathan? undecided. Jonathan has left office, almost a year; besides, Buhari promised change and change he must deliver.

Quakertellicus1:
T

PDP should have built them three greenfield refineries. I wonder what happened.

Which PDP? The one that had Masari as speaker of the house of reps? Ameachi as a speaker of his state house of assembly and as governor for 7 years? Or Obasanjo the navigator that was president for the 16 years? Or Audu Ogbeh that was the chairman of the same PDP? Stop playing on our senses, not everyone is a f00l. Stop blaming PDP, it's becoming humdrum.

4 Likes

Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by OKorowanta: 6:35am On Apr 14, 2016
uduak2016:
Scarcity wasn't this bad under GEJ. We have suffered under this government!

Guy,I bought fuel from d black market N500 per liter two months b4 d elections.
Last week a tailor complained he bought N700 a liter in GEJ era and got 300 as change after giving the seller a thousand naira.
In dis present scarcity,di price in black market has still not sold more than 250/300 over here in Lagos.
Tho not happy about the scarcity but
we always hooked and concerned about present situation and forget d pains of d past easily.
Let's pray for dis rubbish presidents the devil has been giving us,it's not just a Buhari thing.

1 Like

Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by Nobody: 6:35am On Apr 14, 2016
cashreport:

Lost soul
I am beginning to think that you are a robot not a human being at all
Better
Still you are not in Nigeria as at this moment
You are not in tune with reality

Why thank you for your very kind and lovely words....and may I commend your god-like powers of deduction there....

Now...here are some hard facts

1.Our refineries are in a bad state...which makes PDP's grammer of having fixed them over the last six years rather moot. And I don't like the way PDP promised new refineries....and did not build them.

2.But anyway...we do not have PDP in charge. APC is in charge. For now they have these options

a) Build new refineries (we have 21 mini refineries on the drawing board....but we also need three mega refineries).

b) Remove fuel subsidy....which most Nigerians do not want. (But eventually it would have to go).

See you later, god.
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by Nobody: 6:41am On Apr 14, 2016
Gerrard59:

Mr Bush..doc, I know that you support and Buhari and this has been so since you became a Nairalander. However, accept it or not, things are bad. I have never seen/witnessed the economy as bad as this since I was born and this someone that classifies himself as coming from a middle class family. Businesses are packing up, job losses everywhere, power supply is abysmally; even lecturers find it difficult coming for classes as a result of the hike of staple products/goods especially petrol. And we pride ourselves as the highest producer of crude oil in Africa?

1.The name is Tellicus. Quaker Tellicus 1.

2.Things are bad....but to deny that the past had any impact on the present is to live in denial

3.Here is a scary fact for you....that I learned from listening to a show on radio...when I was on the road back home last week....

-Nigeria's refineries at full capacity can only produce 17million liters of oil at full capacity.
-Nigeria needs 70million liters of oil daily.

4.So...expecting things to get better quickly (without price increases) is quite frankly a joke.

Everyone is complaining that things are hard and you still put the blame on Jonathan? undecided. Jonathan has left office, almost a year; besides, Buhari promised change and change he must deliver.

The funny thing about you PDPites is that you post comments praising JOnathan and saying things were not bad under him...and when someone calls you out on that fact....you then start singing Buhari is in charge....completely changing the topic.

The topic I was discussing was the past admin....which the chap I responded to was talking about. As for what Buhari must do...my solutions have been posted.
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by Nobody: 6:41am On Apr 14, 2016
OKorowanta:

Guy,I bought fuel from d black market N500 per liter two months b4 d elections.
Last week a tailor complained he bought N700 a liter in GEJ era and got 300 as change after giving the seller a thousand naira.
In dis present scarcity,di price in black market has still not sold more than 250/300 over here in Lagos.
Tho not happy about the scarcity but
we always hooked and concerned about present situation and forget d pains of d past easily.
Let's pray for dis rubbish presidents the devil has been giving us,it's not just a Buhari thing.

Scarcity under GEJ tenure was only felt two months prior to elections...done to rubbish him and ultimately favor Buhari. I repeat there wasn't fuel scarcity as severe as this under most of the 5 yr GEJ tenure...only the two months prior to elections!

2 Likes

Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by olaolulazio(m): 6:44am On Apr 14, 2016
SleekMallam:

God is angry with Buhari! inshaAllah, Nigerians will start feeling change once buhari is disgraced out from office. He deceived Nigerians with high hopes.
When did God tell you that?
Be wise!
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by OKorowanta: 6:44am On Apr 14, 2016
misscall247:
thy was neva a queue during Gej time....dis change na chain

D biggest lie I av ever seen and read online.
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by Nobody: 6:44am On Apr 14, 2016
Gerrard59:

Which PDP? The one that had Masari as speaker of the house of reps? Ameachi as a speaker of his state house of assembly and as governor for 7 years? Or Obasanjo the navigator that was president for the 16 years? Or Audu Ogbeh that was the chairman of the same PDP? Stop playing on our senses, not everyone is a f00l. Stop blaming PDP, it's becoming humdrum.

The above is why we voted out PDP....everything was not GEJ's fault...it was someone else's fault.

Anyway....I expect PMB to deregulate the downstream sector...that is the only solution for now. If he does not do it...then things would get bad.

We also need to build refineries...but they take time to build.

And all the people who were in charge of petroleum during GEJ's time have not defected to APC yet.

I am no friend of the APC by the way. If they do not perform...2019.
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by SleekMallam: 6:47am On Apr 14, 2016
olaolulazio:
When did God tell you that? Be wise!
The voice of the people is the voice of God.
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by DrHighchief(m): 6:48am On Apr 14, 2016
uduak2016:

I disagree with you bro. Guess u can remember in the last regime when there was serious fuel scarcity and because Of that banks where closing around 12noon and the telecommunication companies threatened to shut down their services. Have u forgotten?
In Rivers state there is no fuel scarcity but increase in the price of fuel.
God bless Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by akp202(m): 6:51am On Apr 14, 2016
obajoey:
but banks have not started closing before their usual closing time now, network operators have not started sending messages to people that there wont be newtwork tomorrow due to fuel issue. And you said this is worst?
bank and network provider uses diesel not fuel
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by DrHighchief(m): 6:51am On Apr 14, 2016
In Benin, u go to Mega station as from 1am. Most motorist sleeps there.
God bless Nigeria
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by sadiq4u6173: 7:01am On Apr 14, 2016
uduak2016:
Ofcourse it wasn't bad because they are the ones directly involved using your own money to buy n sell and pay themselves huge so called subsidies.

1 Like

Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by Nobody: 7:01am On Apr 14, 2016
You never see something. Yesterday, serious busted in a Mobil Filling station in Calabar.
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by Gerrard59(m): 7:03am On Apr 14, 2016
OKorowanta:

[b][/b]Let's pray for dis rubbish presidents the devi[b][/b]l has been giving us,it's not just a Buhari thing.

That's because the devil also gets to vote? The prayers we have been praying since, what has/is been the result? Stop blaming the devil. The earlier Nigerians stop blaming the devil and get down to work the better.
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 14, 2016
sadiq4u6173:
Ofcourse it wasn't bad because they are the ones directly involved using your own money to buy n sell and pay themselves huge so called subsidies.

Logically and objectively, how did that affect us when we could buy the product at the right price of N87 without queuing or sleeping in the fuel station over night?
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 14, 2016
SerialGist:

Logically and objectively, how did that affect us when we could buy the product at the right price of N87 without queuing or sleeping in the fuel station over night?

Before I repsond....let's make it clear we are discussing GEJ here right

1.The N87 price came about a few months to the end of GEJ's regime.

2.You can get fuel for N86.00 at NNPC stations , and N86.50 at some marketers. Elsewhere...it is above N150.

3.During GEJ's regime...the price from Jan 2012-March 2015 was N97.

4.Even then....we had scarcity back then.

5.As for your assertion people paid at the official price back then.....see this report from 2014...

Opinion poll conducted by an independent firm, the NOIPoll Limited, has revealed that over 78 per cent of Nigerians bought petrol above the official pump price of N97 per litre between January and March, 2014. It said the results of the petrol price monitoring polls conducted in the first quarter, revealed a significant 47-point increase in the proportion of Nigerians who bought petrol above the official pump price from 31 per cent in January to 78 per cent in March 2014. The poll revealed: “The result obtained in March 2014 represents the highest proportion of respondents who purchased petrol above N97 in the 15 months of conducting the Petrol Price Monitoring Polls which started from January 2013. “The quarterly average Q1 shows that the majority 53 per cent purchased petrol above the official pump price of N97 with the highest obtained in the North-East and South-East zones; while 44 per cent purchased at the official price.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/05/78-nigerians-buy-petrol-n97-per-litre-survey/

So most Nigerians did not pay the official price during GEJ time in office. (I even have anecdotal evidence!)

6. GEJ tried to remove fuel subsidy....which would have sorted out most of the issues...but which Nigerians opposed because most of them did not see the benefits...they only saw ''N65, now N140''...and protested. Which is why APC....who wants to do the same...is treading softly...because they don't want to get hammered politically.

1 Like

Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by toprealman: 7:22am On Apr 14, 2016
thesicilian:
I must count myself among the 'lucky' ones then. Have never bought fuel above N180/litre, neither have I stayed more than 30mins at any particular petrol station.
You work in a fuel station or knows someone who does.
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 14, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Before I repsond....let's make it clear we are discussing GEJ here right

1.The N87 price came about a few months to the end of GEJ's regime.

2.You can get fuel for N86.00 at NNPC stations , and N86.50 at some marketers. Elsewhere...it is above N150.

3.During GEJ's regime...the price from Jan 2012-March 2015 was N97.

4.Even then....we had scarcity back then.

5.As for your assertion people paid at the official price back then.....see this report from 2014...

So most Nigerians did not pay the official price during GEJ time in office. (I even have anecdotal evidence!)

6. GEJ tried to remove fuel subsidy....which would have sorted out most of the issues...but which Nigerians opposed because most of them did not see the benefits...they only saw ''N65, now N140''...and protested. Which is why APC....who wants to do the same...is treading softly...because they don't want to get hammered politically.

I dont understand where that wrong assertion came from especially if considering the manners and areas they conducted the poll from. If the poll reported that in LAGOS, how does that reflect entire country as we currently face now? Truth is that Nigeria has never been this bad before. I may not be wrong if say that Buhari is a curse to Nigeria!!!!

1 Like

Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by buchilino(m): 7:24am On Apr 14, 2016
obajoey:
but banks have not started closing before their usual closing time now, network operators have not started sending messages to people that there wont be newtwork tomorrow due to fuel issue. And you said this is worst?

SO UNTIL DAT HAPPENS, THINGS R STILL MANAGEABLE?. NOW I NO Y MOST SE PPLE DESPISES MOST SW PPLE. EVEN WEN ITS SO OBVIOUS DAT D SCARCITY IS WORST UNDER PMB. MOST OF THEM (SW) WILL STILL B DEFENDING HIM. SO SAD. 4 UR INFO I WANT GEJ 2 BE IF THERE IS EVIDENCE PROVING HE EMBEZZLED MONEY. I SUPPORT NO ONE BUT STAND ON TRUE JUSTICE
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by worksmart(m): 7:24am On Apr 14, 2016
Also people are not buying for N400 /litre from black marketers.
obajoey:
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 14, 2016
toprealman:
You work in a fuel station or knows someone who does.

Or he buys from NNPC stations....or lives in the FCT...where some stations sell at N100-N140.
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by GworoChewinMaga: 7:26am On Apr 14, 2016
I don't know why the fuel station manager insists on dispensing with just one single pump.
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by buchilino(m): 7:30am On Apr 14, 2016
uduak2016:

Scarcity under GEJ tenure was only felt two months prior to elections...done to rubbish him and ultimately favor Buhari. I repeat there wasn't fuel scarcity as severe as this under most of the 5 yr GEJ tenure...only the two months prior to elections!

DON'T MIND DAT FELLA, I TOTALLY AGREE WITH U . BUT IN ANY CASE IF GEJ IS PROVEEN TO HAVE EMBEZZLED D TREASURY, HE SHOULD FACE JUSTICE.
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by Julietcutie(f): 7:31am On Apr 14, 2016
misscall247:
thy was neva a queue during Gej time....dis change na chain
what are you saying... things were also you hard during GEJ era... what u would say is it wasnt as bad as dis... der was also times of fuel scarcity
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by GambaOsaka: 7:31am On Apr 14, 2016
SleekMallam:

Repayment of Chinese loans.

At least we are 100% confident that this new loan will not end up in someone's pocket like during the days of your hero GEJ.
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by buchilino(m): 7:33am On Apr 14, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

The above is why we voted out PDP....everything was not GEJ's fault...it was someone else's fault.

Anyway....I expect PMB to deregulate the downstream sector...that is the only solution for now. If he does not do it...then things would get bad.

We also need to build refineries...but they take time to build.

And all the people who were in charge of petroleum during GEJ's time have not defected to APC yet.

I am no friend of the APC by the way. If they do not perform...2019.

U NO PAINFUL TRUTH D SAME DAT DESTROYED GEJ WORKS R NOW IN APC. IS NOT ABOUT D NAME OF PARTY. BUT D SAME EVIL PPLE CHANGING THEIR NAMES TO KEEP FOOLING MANY
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by excomarow(m): 7:34am On Apr 14, 2016
uduak2016:

oh please! STOP IT!

Oh STOP what!

Foul Yansh don dey open ba
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by Nobody: 7:34am On Apr 14, 2016
SerialGist:

I dont understand where that wrong assertion came from especially if considering the manners and areas they conducted the poll from. If the poll reported that in LAGOS, how does that reflect entire country as we currently face now? Truth is that Nigeria has never been this bad before. I may not be wrong if say that Buhari is a curse to Nigeria!!!!

1.Well speaking personally, in 2014....I bought fuel at N102 per liter in the FCT , N110per liter at Kaduna and N110 per liter near Kaduna. Also,I know someone who bought fuel at N170 per liter at Minna.....

Of course if one was patient, and queued at NNPC or some marketers like Total and Conoil....like I used to do and still do...you got fuel at the official price.

2.The poll was conducted across the country. You did not read my link properly then.

3.The reason why many marketers nationwide were selling above the official price was because subsidy was not allowing them to make a profit to import excessively. As a result.. they just simply ignored DPR...and kept on selling high high.

4.We are in this situation in this point because GEJ did not build the three refineries he promised in 2010...and signed MOU in 2012. And he only partially removed subsidy, and eventually ran out of money to pay for it...which left many marketers in debt...which is why we are in the situation we are in now.

5.Before you accuse me of excusing PMB.....here is what needs to be done now

-Oil subsidy must go. Yes...it means high prices ie as high as N250-300 per liter ....but they would eventually fall after a year of uncomfortable stress.

-We need to build new refineries...BIG and Little. Because our current refining capacity is just 17 million...and we need 70 million daily.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Arrives Abuja After Anti-corruption Summit In London(photos) / CAN Congratulates Buhari, Advises Him On Cabinet Selection / 28 Killed In Fresh Southern Kaduna Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.