Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station (19403 Views)

Is NNPC Hoarding Fuel Also? / Okowa Commissions Rain Oil Ultra Modern Mega Station And Mall In Asaba / NNPC Mega Stations Increase Fuel Price By N4/litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 14, 2016
buchilino:

U NO PAINFUL TRUTH D SAME DAT DESTROYED GEJ WORKS R NOW IN APC. IS NOT ABOUT D NAME OF PARTY. BUT D SAME EVIL PPLE CHANGING THEIR NAMES TO KEEP FOOLING MANY

Here is a painful truth for you.

Deregulation of the downstream sector is the way forward. We will get there...we have no choice.
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by afolayangs(m): 7:42am On Apr 14, 2016
chua a chua nko?
thesicilian:
I must count myself among the 'lucky' ones then. Have never bought fuel above N180/litre, neither have I stayed more than 30mins at any particular petrol station.
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by buchilino(m): 7:43am On Apr 14, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Here is a painful truth for you.

Deregulation of the downstream sector is the way forward. We will get there...we have no choice.

UR A NIGERIAN, U NO HOW D SYSTEM WORKS. DO U HONESTLY THINK D CABAL WILL ALLOW DEREGULATION OF D DOWNSTREAM SECTOR TO WORK?. I CAN'T THINK OF ANY SOLUTION ORDER THAN D JERRY RAWLINGS TYPE OF REVOLUTION.
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by excomarow(m): 7:43am On Apr 14, 2016
Wailers are just like Isrealites in the wilderness.
They still want to goback to Egypt.
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by thesicilian: 7:46am On Apr 14, 2016
toprealman:
You work in a fuel station or knows someone who does.

Hahahaha. Not at all. Sometimes I'm just driving past a petrol station and I see a very short queue of about 3-5 vehicles, and if I drive in and ask for the price and is reasonable, I top up my tank. There was a time I drove round with a tank in yellow, and was lucky to find a station newly opened for the day & selling for N150!
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 14, 2016
buchilino:

UR A NIGERIAN, U NO HOW D SYSTEM WORKS. DO U HONESTLY THINK D CABAL WILL ALLOW DEREGULATION OF D DOWNSTREAM SECTOR TO WORK?. I CAN'T THINK OF ANY SOLUTION ORDER THAN D JERRY RAWLINGS TYPE OF REVOLUTION.

They would allow deregulation...because it would benefit them.

Under the new system they would be able to fix prices as high as they want without government interference.....and make huge profits.

The reason why they do scams under the current system is because they are not making enough from the subsidy regimen.

Either way...they win.

Of course...the real solution...is to build more refineries.....at least 3 more. Dangote is building one right now.
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by excomarow(m): 7:48am On Apr 14, 2016
buchilino:

KILL them ALL.
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 14, 2016
thesicilian:

Hahahaha. Not at all. Sometimes I'm just driving past a petrol station and I see a very short queue of about 3-5 vehicles, and if I drive in and ask for the price and is reasonable, I top up my tank. There was a time I drove round with a tank in yellow, and was lucky to find a station newly opened for the day & selling for N150!

Was on my way home to see the parents...and stopped briefly at a fuel station that was selling at N140 a month ago..and had six cars there. Did not buy from there...but the next day...I bought from an NNPC station in the same town at N86.50 after queuing for one and a half hours.
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by thesicilian: 7:49am On Apr 14, 2016
afolayangs:
chua a chua nko?
Lol meaning?
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by sarutobie(m): 7:50am On Apr 14, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

1.Well speaking personally, in 2014....I bought fuel at N102 per liter in the FCT , N110per liter at Kaduna and N110 per liter near Kaduna. Also,I know someone who bought fuel at N170 per liter at Minna.....

Of course if one was patient, and queued at NNPC or some marketers like Total and Conoil....like I used to do and still do...you got fuel at the official price.

2.The poll was conducted across the country. You did not read my link properly then.

3.The reason why many marketers nationwide were selling above the official price was because subsidy was not allowing them to make a profit to import excessively. As a result.. they just simply ignored DPR...and kept on selling high high.

4.We are in this situation in this point because GEJ did not build the three refineries he promised in 2010...and signed MOU in 2012. And he only partially removed subsidy, and eventually ran out of money to pay for it...which left many marketers in debt...which is why we are in the situation we are in now.

5.Before you accuse me of excusing PMB.....here is what needs to be done now

-Oil subsidy must go. Yes...it means high prices ie as high as N250-300 per liter ....but they would eventually fall after a year of uncomfortable stress.

-We need to build new refineries...BIG and Little. Because our current refining capacity is just 17 million...and we need 70 million daily.
since I noticed this moniker on nairaland it has been regurgitating one thing only "fuel subsidy must go, build more refineries"...is this the sermon you were paid to preach here? cuz we know a lot of them with paid sermons around here..you believe subsidy is the iceberg sinking Nigeria but you protested against its removal when gej tried it? you can call the past administration all sorts of names, BUT the one thing they wanted to do (which you have been preaching as the main problem of Nigeria) you vehemently rejected it then! so spare us your sanctimonious posturing, you all cut your nose to spite your face..

1 Like

Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by SleekMallam: 7:51am On Apr 14, 2016
GambaOsaka:

At least we are 100% confident that this new loan will not end up in someone's pocket like during the days of your hero GEJ.
With tinubu ameachi obj Atiku lurking behind? You should be worried it won't even be enough to share and settle debts they incurred while bankrolling buhari.

1 Like

Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by gogodaye(m): 7:52am On Apr 14, 2016
obajoey:
but banks have not started closing before their usual closing time now, network operators have not started sending messages to people that there wont be newtwork tomorrow due to fuel issue. And you said this is worst?
Thank goodness for your short memory.... Or most probably the quest to skew facts to meet predetermined ends.....
The scarcity you've boisterously asserted occurred because of unguarded comments made hypocritically asserting that subsidy payments were a scam....which made the marketers to insist that they get paid all their monies in derogation of existing protocols to verify their claims after the 2012 revelations, which said request the Ex-PGEJ government resisted......
And I stand with the government then for refusing to fall in for that cheap blackmail....
Curiously, do jiggle up your memory to recall that well over #800Billion was subsequently paid by those who had to your thunderous hypocritical applauses asserted subsidy payments were a scam.....and whose good governance structure have helped us buy fuel ceaselessly since October,2015 at their cancelled sum of #40 per litre to the envy of everyone

Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by EasternLeopard: 7:54am On Apr 14, 2016
TrueSenator:
Until a seed falls to the ground and die.........the hope for sustainable growth is not secured......Let's be patient and hopeful for God to change turn the situation for good concerning us in Jesus Mighty Name...Amen!

Keep deceiving yourself by turning the bible upside down

Did you consult Jesus Christ before voting.?

1 Like

Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 14, 2016
sarutobie:

since I noticed this moniker on nairaland it has been regurgitating one thing only "fuel subsidy must go, build more refineries"...is this the sermon you were paid to preach here? cuz we know a lot of them with paid sermons around here..you believe subsidy is the iceberg sinking Nigeria but you protested against its removal when gej tried it? you can call the past administration all sorts of names, BUT the one thing they wanted to do (which you have been preaching as the main problem of Nigeria) you vehemently rejected it then! so spare us your sanctimonious posturing, you all cut your nose to spite your face..

Correction....I did not protest against fuel subsidy removal in 2012....infact 2012 was the year when I saw the light so to speak about removal of fuel subsidy.Before...when previous govts brought up the idea...I thought it was wrong...but when it was explained clearly in 2012 why we needed to remove the subsidy...I agreed fully.

I opposed GEJ yes...but back in 2012...I was still in ''He is the new guy, let's give him a chance then''. And even when I went full opposition in 2013....I still thought...and still do think that removal of fuel subsidy made a lot of sense. Nigerians...unfortunately only saw the price increase...not the long term benefits.

GEJ should have built them greenfield refineries though....the ones promised in 2010.
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by sarutobie(m): 8:02am On Apr 14, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Correction....I did not protest against fuel subsidy removal in 2012....infact 2012 was the year when I saw the light so to speak about removal of fuel subsidy.Before...when previous govts brought up the idea...I thought it was wrong...but when it was explained clearly in 2012 why we needed to remove the subsidy...I agreed fully.

I opposed GEJ yes...but back in 2012...I was still in ''He is the new guy, let's give him a chance then''. And even when I went full opposition in 2013....I still thought...and still do think that removal of fuel subsidy made a lot of sense. Nigerians...unfortunately only saw the price increase...not the long term benefits.

GEJ should have built them greenfield refineries though....the ones promised in 2010.
well lemme hold you by your words, atleast you are an 'honest' opposition unlike many here who protested against virtually everything done by the man from otuoke, including the air he breathes...
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by cashreport: 8:07am On Apr 14, 2016
excomarow:
Wailers are just like Isrealites in the wilderness.
They still want to goback to Egypt.

What's this one saying
Did you read the post so
Situation in the county making school leavers like this reason upside down pathetic
Lots of headless chickens coming to post on Nairaland
Who are this people self
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 14, 2016
thesicilian:
I must count myself among the 'lucky' ones then. Have never bought fuel above N180/litre, neither have I stayed more than 30mins at any particular petrol station.
What will I count myself, that I have 2 filling station managers delivering to my house at normal rates when I give them a call ?
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by Reference(m): 8:13am On Apr 14, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Actually things were bad. We had scarcity every year of GEJ's regime. And part of the reason for the current scarcity is GEJ's failure to pay many marketers during the last year of his regime....meaning many of them had to take heavy loans from banks to import ....which they still owe...and which the current govt is struggling to pay thanks to the low revenues now from oil.

And there is a sense in which GEJ used high revenues from oil during his time in office to paper the cracks in the fuel industry in Nigeria.Instead of improving the refineries properly, and at the same time building the three refineries promised in 2010...for which a MOU was signed in 2012...and then nothing happened....we got promises on paper and massive importation. What we have now is left over business from the PDP.

What we need now,of course,is removal of subsidy, and eventually we actually have to build refineries.

You just can't get out of first gear. After one year in office wouldn't it surprise you now that there are no working plans to build any refinery, that the existing ones are not working properly and that the subsidy issue is not resolved whether to be or not to be. I am talking about a year without direction thoughtless of action. All we are being fed with are historicals. If it was that easy, wither?
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by GambaOsaka: 8:15am On Apr 14, 2016
SleekMallam:

With tinubu ameachi obj Atiku lurking behind? You should be worried it won't even be enough to share and settle debts they incurred while bankrolling buhari.

Do you think Mr President is not aware of the clamour for ' Sit at home and Dont travel.... Blah Blah Blah'...
Of course he is aware, yet he insisted on his numerous foreign trips. The fruit of which is the recent Chinese loan.
Are you telling me he is doing all that just to payback the so called bank rollers? Absolutely not!!!

You and I, including all Nigerians know that when it comes to the issue of Corruption Mr President is a non respecter of anybody, cabal or whatever it is called.
He has his integrity at stake here.
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by funlord(m): 8:17am On Apr 14, 2016
undecided
emmyblackky:
The lingering fuel scarcity seem not to be anywhere close to ending. it's still 4am but the NNPC mega station Makurdi is already filled.
what's your experience on this fuel scarcity so far?

4am? When I'm getting ready to give my boo her daily "wake up banging" na him you still dey mega station dey snap? Chai!

Bros! Try to join the runs department! No dey suffer for fuel like dis abeg! Na the same town we dey! There are options........

***pours extra 50 litres into my full tank just for fun***

1 Like

Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by SleekMallam: 8:23am On Apr 14, 2016
GambaOsaka:

Do you think Mr President is not aware of the clamour for ' Sit at home and Dont travel.... Blah Blah Blah'...
Of course he is aware, yet he insisted on his numerous foreign trips. The fruit of which is the recent Chinese loan.
Are you telling me he is doing all that just to payback the so called bank rollers? Absolutely not!!!

You and I, including all Nigerians know that when it comes to the issue of Corruption Mr President is a non respecter of anybody, cabal or whatever it is called.
He has his integrity at stake here.
Tell that to the kids! Buhari an overnight non respecter of corruption? He was live and direct when ameachi flew in billions of dollars and bribing delegates on his behalf. Did he even ask ameachi the source? Fashola and tinubu Lagos history nko? Round tripping? padded budget nko? Aisha buhari the largest BDC nko? You should learn to stop whatever it is you smoke that clouds your ability to see reality.
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by emmyblackky(m): 8:32am On Apr 14, 2016
PIPPROF:
its part of the change

just manage okay, when dolllard comes back from china he will look into your matter
haaaa, ok
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by mrjojo: 8:33am On Apr 14, 2016
Pavore9:
Nigeria is certainly no giant of Africa! angry
bro, I love ur blog, the Kenya 1, can you pls update more, pls, and let me knw wen u do. Thanks
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by emmyblackky(m): 8:34am On Apr 14, 2016
ckmayoca:

Be sure to over fill your tank oooh. Cos some ppl go underg go this stress and still be buying 1k 2k fuel.
i bought full tank ooo, I'll not go close to any filling station any time soon.
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by toprealman: 8:35am On Apr 14, 2016
thesicilian:

we've seen Goodluck Jonathan ( the guy mumu sha), now we have Mr Smart Lucky.... good for you!
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by GambaOsaka: 8:38am On Apr 14, 2016
SleekMallam:
Tell that to the kids! Buhari an overnight non respecter of corruption? He was live and direct when ameachi flew in billions of dollars and bribing delegates on his behalf. Did he even ask ameachi the source? Fashola and tinubu Lagos history nko? Round tripping? padded budget nko? Aisha buhari the largest BDC nko? You should learn to stop whatever it is you smoke that clouds your ability to see reality.

Malla.. abi wetin you call yourself? What's the need for the dumb and unwarranted abuse? Why can't you argue your points like a normal, civilized, right-thinking, educated ( Maybe you are not- as your name implies) Nigerian. Do you think you are the only one experiencing Fuel scarcity in Nigeria? Behave yourself Mr Mallam, this is a PUBLIC FORUM.
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by GambaOsaka: 8:42am On Apr 14, 2016
SleekMallam:

Why the unwarranted abuse?
This is why we need the 'Dislike' option on Nairaland.
@seun.... Please introduce 'dislike' option abeg.
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by toprealman: 8:45am On Apr 14, 2016
BiafranNigerian:
What will I count myself, that I have 2 filling station managers delivering to my house at normal rates when I give them a call ?
Eze nnunu.....onwe di!
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by JuliettaBitch(f): 8:46am On Apr 14, 2016
Ojukwufrank:
[s][/s]

Go and disgrace him out of office nah, ranting online cant change anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by SleekMallam: 8:46am On Apr 14, 2016
GambaOsaka:

Malla.. abi wetin you call yourself? What's the need for the dumb and unwarranted abuse? Why can't you argue your points like a normal, civilized, right-thinking, educated ( Maybe you are not- as your name implies) Nigerian. Do you think you are the only one experiencing Fuel scarcity in Nigeria? Behave yourself Mr Mallam, this is a PUBLIC FORUM.
Between I and the number one mallam--buhari a clanish leader of the 95% and proponent of dogs and baboons blood, who is normal, civilised, right thinking?
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by SleekMallam: 8:59am On Apr 14, 2016
Reference:

You just can't get out of first gear. After one year in office wouldn't it surprise you now that there are no working plans to build any refinery, that the existing ones are not working properly and that the subsidy issue is not resolved whether to be or not to be. I am talking about a year without direction thoughtless of action. All we are being fed with are historicals. If it was that easy, wither?
What even happened to the turn around maintenance TAM that was celebrated on paper with billions spent?
Re: It's 4am & This Is NNPC Mega Station by columbus007(m): 8:59am On Apr 14, 2016
Trustme2:
Indeed, there was a country. I wonder what legacies we would leave to the future generation.
bros cheesy so you still dey recite that word future generation,no future generation oo cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ex-Governor Of Ondo State, Olusegun Mimiko Returns To Labour Party (Pictures) / FACT-CHECK: How Accurate Is Osinbajo’s Claim On Nigeria’s Debt Profile / LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.