Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,678 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff - Jobs/Vacancies (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff (730948 Views)

FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates / Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) Job Recruitment Of 1,250 New Staff / Lagos State To Recruit 1,000 Teachers Into Secondary Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Monicks: 3:33pm On Feb 12, 2017
oyeludef:
how old are you Mr? Cos you are really sounding immature and like a teenager. Wat good will it do you hauling insults online on ppl u av never met? Well dis is social media where you can hide behind your keyboard and say trash, am sure you won't be able to do dat in real life.
I appreciate informations coming from this group alot cos even though some are mere speculations, but some av always been on point. I know a person who also applied for this job and is a candidate for an house of reps member, the dude told me in December that he was asked to prepare that any time from January he they will be called. January came and is gone and they av not been called, does it mean he gave d wrong information? Nope. He only shared wat he heard from his source and probably there was change in plans. No one is paying a dime to anyone here for information, lets appreciate those that are generous enough to share. Thanks

Brother, you are a genius -possessing an extraordinary mental capacity. May God bless you. Thanks for your ability to help restore peace here. Personally, I know how much I have benefited (still ...) from this particular thread free of charge. I love those that are generous enough to share information in respect to the title of this thread. And I frown at those that boast about telling us how their names have already been enlisted( they are just mean, telling us to give up and start weeping). I Refuse to be discouraged, I Refuse to be provoked at the edge of my breakthrough.

8 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Trone: 9:08pm On Feb 12, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Babagana011: 9:52pm On Feb 12, 2017
I am still watching oh!
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Makudus(m): 7:29pm On Feb 13, 2017
february is close to an end pals,any latest with regard to when an invitation SMS will start reaching us.though some people here said in the previous that FIRS budget is not yet approved by senate chambers,but approved by REPS.does this mean REPS approval cannot guarantee the budget to be implemented by the agency

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by TEEKAY2000: 9:41am On Feb 14, 2017
Makudus:
february is close to an end pals,any latest with regard to when an invitation SMS will start reaching us.though some people here said in the previous that FIRS budget is not yet approved by senate chambers,but approved by REPS.does this mean REPS approval cannot guarantee the budget to be implemented by the agency
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 15, 2017
Service to employ 6,545 personnel ― CG
Nigerian Prisons Service to employ 6,545 personnel ― CG
February 13, 2017 Jacob Segun Olatunji and Kolawole Daniel- Abuja

The Nigerian Prisons Service (NPS) has obtained a waiver to employ 6,545 staff in different cadre with a budget of N6 billion made available for the new personnel as the Service has inadequate personnel.

The Comptroller General of Nigerian Prisons Service (NPS) Jaffaru Ahmed who disclosed this yesterday during the 2017 Budget defence the House of Representatives Committee on Interior also hinted that the service was set to mechanize Agriculture in prison farms nationwide.

He said that this was to enable prisoners produce enough food to feed themselves and reduce high financial burden laid on the Federal government.

According to him, “the Service spends over N16 billon each year to feed about 72,000 inmates spread across all the prisons in the country.

He pointed out that the 2016 Budget performance had an outstanding of N5 billion owed contractors for the feeding of Prisoners.

The Comptroller General also said that on assumption of office he had to change the work schedule from three shift to two explaining that it portends danger as some personnel overstayed in a place making it easy for them to become accomplices in jail break.

He stated that although Prison was not a revenue generating agency, yet the service was able to generate about N40.1 million in 2016 which had been paid into the national treasury.

He said that the service was not allowed to retain any of its revenue unless it was generated from the Prison Industry workshop where the inmates directly involved in the production were given one third of the revenue while the rest goes to government.

The Prison boss disclosed that about 27,992 work force of the service could not be paid their salary as at when due in 2016, adding that only N27.9 billion was released out of N34.9 proposed for personnel.

He added that additional N3.9 billion intervention fund was later released by the Ministry of Finance.

He said that out of N14 billion appropriated for 2016 Capital expenditure, only N3.6 billion was released, the service purchased only 117 vehicles out of 350 vehicles proposed while projects are at various levels of completion in 91 projects site out of 121 projects recommended in 2016 Budget.

The CG reiterated the need to relocate prisons from urban centres while massive rehabilitation is urgently needed in most of the prisons to avoid jail breaks, saying that out of 241 prisons in the country, about 200 were constructed in the colonial days dating back to 1896, and about 139 sandwiched in the metropolis.

According to him, “we need enough money and massive money to rehabilitate prisons, build new prisons and get away from urban centers

“There is need to move prisons out of urban centers because there is no room of expansion, to site industries and install equipment for food processing and reduce the burden on government, some of them are over 100 years” Ahmed said.

On the 2017 Budget the Comptroller General said that N72.3 billion was proposed out of which N37.5 was marked for personnel, N19 billion for overhead, fedding of prisoners N16 billion, feeding of dogs, vulnerable groups and duty staff N3 billion, N4.1 billion for fuelling of Mini maria.

The House Committee Chairman on Interior, Hon. Jagaban Adams Jagaban who called for an executive session with the management of NPS, advised them to be fair during the recruitment process just as they acknowledged the efforts of the new prison management to prevent new occurrences of jail break.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 15, 2017
FIRS! which Way Forward?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Adet5(m): 3:55pm On Feb 15, 2017
Is there any means to mount pressure on the people? We seriously need to hear from them
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 15, 2017
Adet5:
Is there any means to mount pressure on the people? We seriously need to hear from them
Yes,Tru Fowler........ By MountinG Pressure on Him
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by sellamarket(m): 10:37pm On Feb 15, 2017
JOBS IN ABUJA – QUANTITY SURVEYOR (BUILDING)

http://sella.com.ng/jobs-in-abuja-quantity-surveyor-building/

JOBS IN ABUJA – BUILDING PROJECT ENGINEER

http://sella.com.ng/jobs-in-abuja-building-project-engineer/

JOBS IN ABUJA – OUTDOOR SALES EXECUTIVE

http://sella.com.ng/jobs-in-abuja-outdoor-sales-executive/

JOBS IN LAGOS – MARKETER

http://sella.com.ng/jobs-in-lagos-marketer/

JOBS IN LAGOS – DRIVER

http://sella.com.ng/jobs-in-lagos-driver/

JOBS IN LAGOS – FIELD SALES REP

http://sella.com.ng/jobs-in-lagos-field-sales-rep/

JOBS IN LAGOS – CLIENT RELATION OFFICER

http://sella.com.ng/jobs-in-lagos-client-relation-officer/

JOBS IN EDO – ENTERPRISE ARCHITECT & SYSTEMS INTEGRATOR

http://sella.com.ng/jobs-in-edo-enterprise-architect-systems-integrator/

JOBS IN EDO – SECRETARY

http://sella.com.ng/jobs-in-edo-secretary/
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 16, 2017
Nigeria Civil Defence Corps to recruit 3,500 personnel
February 15, 2017Agency Report

Commandant-General of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, Abdullahi Gana
The Commandant General of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Abdullahi Gana, says the agency plans to recruit additional 3,500 personnel in 2017.
Mr. Gana, who made this known on Wednesday while presenting NSCDC’s 2017 budget of N61.4 billion before the House of Representatives Committee on Interior in Abuja, said this is to enable the corps meet the demands from some MDA’s.
The MDA’s include the Ministries of Solid Minerals, Agriculture and Rural Development, Water Resources, Nigeria Railways Corporation and the protection of lives and property in the Northeast region.
Mr. Gana said the recruitment would cost N2 billion and urged the committee to appropriate more fund to the organisation.
He said the corps was facing operational as well as accommodation challenges which requires urgent attention.
“We have debts of only fuelling of operational vehicles of over N150 million; I have accumulated rents of over N400 million. I do not know where to get money to pay.
“You can see some state governors harassing our officers, I do not want to mention the states here, to the extent that they gave our staff one week to vacate.
“I have such cases in more than 25 states where we are living in rented apartments; our state commandants are living in rented apartments.’’
The commander general, however, commended some states government that have been very supportive of the agency’s effort of securing lives and property across the country.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 16, 2017
Everyone is in a silent mood,what about yesser? Any infor? Or we should wait till april or thy kingdom come?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by TEEKAY2000: 9:36am On Feb 20, 2017
Otenestbestyaho:
Everyone is in a silent mood,what about yesser? Any infor? Or we should wait till april or thy kingdom come?
Nothing yet...just hoping their budget will be approved by the senate before the end of this month.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by FAVOUR13: 10:24pm On Feb 21, 2017
Can somebody explain What is happening? Yasir how far?

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Yammama(m): 2:30pm On Feb 22, 2017
Nothing for now
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by omoolorire(m): 2:55pm On Feb 22, 2017
Good news for optimist!!!
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by PrinceFola(m): 5:03pm On Feb 22, 2017
This FIRS stuff tire person sef...... We no con see their break light at all! Nawa!!!!!!!
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Makudus(m): 5:54pm On Feb 22, 2017
Hello pals any news with regard to FIRs,b/cos i overheard FCSC's shortlist is almost ready and succesful applicant will be expecting their invitation recently.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by ginababy(f): 1:56am On Feb 23, 2017
While we still the wait make we do small tin take hold Belle for this recession. Order for palm oil and make your profits at the end while you wait for national cake. Check my signature for contact.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by arceNe: 11:29am On Feb 23, 2017
Babatunde Fowler has personally put a hold to any recruitment due to the pressure from above on 'personal lists' especially from the National assembly, First class traditional rulers, and so on according a high class source... at the same time, All Federal recruitment are suspended by the National Executive council for now....All fingers crossed.
#engage urself
#pray hard
FAVOUR13:
Can somebody explain What is happening? Yasir how far?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Monicks: 12:07pm On Feb 23, 2017
arceNe:
Babatunde Fowler has personally put a hold to any recruitment due to the pressure from above on 'personal lists' especially from the National assembly, First class traditional rulers, and so on according a high class source... at the same time, All Federal recruitment are suspended by the National Executive council for now....All fingers crossed.
#engage urself
#pray hard

I'm sorry I don't believe it. Na today recruitment start for naija?

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Giftmeme: 8:43am On Feb 27, 2017
We seriously need update on this firs recruitment because fcsc have started calling for interview all ready so what is holding or delaying the whole process..... cry :
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Giftmeme: 8:44am On Feb 27, 2017
We seriously need update on this firs recruitment because fcsc have started calling for interview all ready so what is holding or delaying the whole process..... cry @:arceNe ......
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by TEEKAY2000: 10:02am On Feb 27, 2017
Makudus:
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Makudus(m): 11:52am On Feb 27, 2017
FCSC's applicant are about to see sunlight likewise DPR,both d two opened their recruitment portal later after FIRS's recrtmnt portal was opened.but look now,an invitation email/SMS is almost set 4 shortlisted applicant.i believe there are people here with knowledge of this ongoing delay of FIRS to shortlist,pls dnt let dis forum die soon those with an insider abj should make a move and source us some details about dis delay,any info.will be regarded and appreciated

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 27, 2017
FCSC's applicant are about to see sunlight likewise DPR,both d two opened their recruitment portal later after FIRS's recrtmnt portal was opened.but look now,an invitation email/SMS is almost set 4 shortlisted applicant.i believe there are people here with knowledge of this ongoing delay of FIRS to shortlist,pls dnt let dis forum die soon those with an insider abj should make a move and source us some details about dis delay,any info.will be regarded and appreciated. Is even better to give information from unconfirm source than to allow this thread to die. Please where is yasir and aisa who claim that they have insiders? Please say something so that a lot of people here will have rest of mind.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by nusinusi: 9:05pm On Feb 27, 2017
I hope those who are saying DPR and FCSC are ready to send out SMS/emails are not saying so from what they picked up from Nairaland, that its truly information frm the respective quatetrs. remember how it was speculated here that FIRS will send out IV by January, then February, and still nothing. just saying

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by TEEKAY2000: 9:32am On Feb 28, 2017
nusinusi:
I hope those who are saying DPR and FCSC are ready to send out SMS/emails are not saying so from what they picked up from Nairaland, that its truly information frm the respective quatetrs. remember how it was speculated here that FIRS will send out IV by January, then February, and still nothing. just saying
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by god2good: 1:13pm On Mar 01, 2017
FIRS has been suspended 4 nw. Believe it or nt. bt i comfirm it in their office
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by ciggy000(m): 1:35pm On Mar 01, 2017
god2good:
FIRS has been suspended 4 nw. Believe it or nt. bt i confirm it in their office
was any reason given for its suspension
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by TEEKAY2000: 2:07pm On Mar 01, 2017
god2good:
FIRS has been suspended 4 nw. Believe it or nt. bt i comfirm it in their office
Ogaa o, this is serious...

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (124) (Reply)

NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 / Etisalat Customer Care Job / Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.