Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff - Jobs/Vacancies (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff (730842 Views)

FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates / Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) Job Recruitment Of 1,250 New Staff / Lagos State To Recruit 1,000 Teachers Into Secondary Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Makudus(m): 11:17pm On Feb 02, 2017
dganse:
huh it mayy be in batches .
well,prayer is the only solution.we will keep praying.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Ekakamba: 11:00am On Feb 03, 2017
I'll advise you guys to start looking for job elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nafizzey(m): 11:55am On Feb 03, 2017
This recruitment is gradually taking another dimension, I really doubt if this recruitment will go normal process like police and EFCC, where candidates will be shortlisted, tests, interview, etc. From the look of things only highly connected will be connected. One of my fellow graduating mate last week got appointment at Kano State Internal Revenue Service.

Because how can a recruitment of not up to 2,000 staff taking this long twist and drama? It obviously seems very fishy.

May God help us All.

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nafizzey(m): 12:01pm On Feb 03, 2017
Ekakamba:
I'll advise you guys to start looking for job elsewhere.
What did you see?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by 1aces1: 5:45pm On Feb 03, 2017
Look what someone found

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by praxs(m): 5:57pm On Feb 03, 2017
1aces1:
Look what someone found
Hehehehehe!
Laughter of anger
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by olushola88: 6:38pm On Feb 03, 2017
Pls read what is on the banner very well it actually IFRS meaning international financial reporting standard. Pls we should very careful so that we don't confuse our self. God bless us

3 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by olushola88: 6:41pm On Feb 03, 2017
If you have means of joining them pls do is very important program. If really you want work with firs that course is very important I urge to put in for it
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by jonaboy: 7:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
1aces1:
Look what someone found
This is international Financial Reporting Standards training for their staff and not a training for newly employed staff. As olushola have said if you plan to work for FIRS as a tax professional then knowledge of IFRS is vital. You also need knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).I remember in 2012 that I attended IFRS certification training organised by ICAn in Abuja, I paid 140k for module I and II.
Let's stop panicking and keep hope alive, God will give us favour in this recruitment.

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by siina(m): 8:42pm On Feb 03, 2017
olushola88:
Pls read what is on the banner very well it actually IFRS meaning international financial reporting standard. Pls we should very careful so that we don't confuse our self. God bless us
lol...you be smart guy shola. Thank God this actaully brought yiu out of your shell
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by 247Dior(m): 9:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
olushola88:
what about the FIRS logo on top?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Ekakamba: 10:11pm On Feb 03, 2017
Federal Inland Revenue Service welcome participants to... .......
247Dior:
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Pakata: 11:34pm On Feb 03, 2017
247Dior:
[color=#000099][/color]......and what about it?From the post u should hv known its a training workshop for existing FIRS staffs.No more no less.Let's just take it easy guys and hope for the best.

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Yaasir(m): 11:37pm On Feb 03, 2017
They have not recruited anybody recently. The last official recruitment was June last year, though few of them are yet to resume due to one reason or the other. The recruitment will take longer than expected due to extraneous factors. There will be test. The number of applicants has also been reduced to less than 100k. The test invite will be sent after 2nd level screening, which is geared towards reducing the number further. There is provision for merit and "other considerations". As for their budget, it will take miracle to get the approval before March. Firs committed unpardonable blunders and national assembly is cashing on it to score point.

8 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by jonaboy: 12:02am On Feb 04, 2017
247Dior:
Did you really read the contents of the banner or it was just their logo that caught your attention? If CBN is organising a training for their staff do you expect to see NNPC logo on the banner?

3 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Monicks: 4:31am On Feb 04, 2017
Yaasir:
They have not recruited anybody recently. The last official recruitment was June last year, though few of them are yet to resume due to one reason or the other. The recruitment will take longer than expected due to extraneous factors. There will be test. The number of applicants has also been reduced to less than 100k. The test invite will be sent after 2nd level screening, which is geared towards reducing the number further. There is provision for merit and "other considerations". As for their budget, it will take miracle to get the approval before March. Firs committed unpardonable blunders and national assembly is cashing on it to score point.

Thanks Bro. I've been waiting for your update (especially on the issue of budget approval). And thanks again for your patience with us and your responses accordingly.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 7:14am On Feb 04, 2017
Yaasir
They have not recruited anybody recently. The last official recruitment was June last year, though few of them are yet to resume due to one reason or the other. The recruitment will take longer than expected due to extraneous factors. There will be test. The number of applicants has also been reduced to less than 100k. The test invite will be sent after 2nd level screening, which is geared towards reducing the number further. There is provision for merit and "other considerations". As for their budget, it will take miracle to get the approval before March. Firs committed unpardonable blunders and national assembly is cashing on it to score point. [/quote]
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by siina(m): 8:10am On Feb 04, 2017
Why the quote? Nawa for some people o
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Giftmeme: 8:39am On Feb 04, 2017
Thanks@yaasir for d information ..always get more update on this shortlisting for us .let be patient and see how everything will go .
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by dganse: 9:04am On Feb 04, 2017
[quote author=Goderlist post=53401245]Yaasir
They have not recruited anybody recently. The last official recruitment was June last year, though few of them are yet to resume due to one reason or the other. The recruitment will take longer than expected due to extraneous factors. There will be test. The number of applicants has also been reduced to less than 100k. The test invite will be sent after 2nd level screening, which is geared towards reducing the number further. There is provision for merit and "other considerations". As for their budget, it will take miracle to get the approval before March. Firs committed unpardonable blunders and national assembly is cashing on it to score point. [/quote I agree iwith your point this is actually what is going on may Almighty Allah help uz

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by dganse: 9:35am On Feb 04, 2017
Yassir I think this is really what is going on,the recruitment is highly politicized byy highly . And powerful politicians I can really assure you that just keep on praying Allah yabada saa amin
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by heebahiqram(f): 7:50pm On Feb 04, 2017
Na wa ooooo FIRS here and there.. Let them just get over with it.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by chaffman: 12:34pm On Feb 05, 2017
.From the look of things only highly connected will be connected. One of my fellow graduating mate last week got appointment at Kano State Internal Revenue Service

Nigga!!!! We talking Firs here ,not Kirs

2 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Theolink(m): 11:30pm On Feb 05, 2017
I don't believe in talking too much. Note the following and ask no further questions please. FIRS did recruitment in November and December 2016. All such staff are already on duty across states in Nigeria. It is for the selected highly connected. The next recruitment you guys are waiting for will form part of 2017 budget and not the 2016 some of you are waiting for. Hopefully the budget for 2017 will be approve before July 2017. For now the Firs is considering the recruitment for July 2017. This also is subject to change. How do I know all these? From the office of the------. I got a part there.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Monicks: 1:39am On Feb 06, 2017
Theolink:
I don't believe in talking too much. Note the following and ask no further questions please. FIRS did recruitment in November and December 2016. All such staff are already on duty across states in Nigeria. It is for the selected highly connected. The next recruitment you guys are waiting for will form part of 2017 budget and not the 2016 some of you are waiting for. Hopefully the budget for 2017 will be approve before July 2017. For now the Firs is considering the recruitment for July 2017. This also is subject to change. How do I know all these? From the office of the------. I got a part there.

Had you resumed work in January as "said/planned/claimed/promised/prophesied/boasted"? Well, for me, I believe you talked too much. All the same, thanks for the info.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by dganse: 3:37am On Feb 06, 2017
Theolink!bb . Firs did not recruit anybody ln November and December Mr man! I can swear with name of Allah worshipped and am giving you first hand information please if you don't have something important to say stop confusing. My nairaland fellows pls Dan Allah

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by god2good: 7:41am On Feb 06, 2017
dganse:
Theolink!bb . Firs did not recruit anybody ln November and December Mr man! I can swear with name of Allah worshipped and am giving you first hand information please if you don't have something important to say stop confusing. My nairaland fellows pls Dan Allah
First week of JAN, I was around there office in Abuja. One of officer said if l knw anybdy 4m my state who knw their chairman, a call to him wil make me come back a week or two for my appointment letter. Who I knw?. God
Anything u want to say, say it bt dnt swear with GOD. Remove God 4m ds. 4 formati another pple wil b employ including me & u.

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by TEEKAY2000: 9:25am On Feb 06, 2017
Theolink:
This information is incorrect.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Makudus(m): 12:13pm On Feb 06, 2017
People should stop worrying ourselve becouse there are other places that started recruitment the same time with us like DPR,NRC,MINISTRIES but are yet to invite their applicant for any test or interview,the real fact here is that,fresh recruitment in any organisation in NIG takes time than replacement.places like NNPC,DPR takes about two years doing recruitment.so we have to be patient and keep praying

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by nusinusi: 8:02pm On Feb 06, 2017
Yaasir:

just sha elp me shek my ezam nomba and sit nomba be4 rush go too mosh.tenkiu in advancement
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Theolink(m): 11:08pm On Feb 06, 2017
Anybody that told you that there is no recruitment in Firs last year, lied to you however placed he claim he is. But what you can tell me is that, it is called replacement. Take this as a case study. My uncle is the second in command in a particular government agency. My sister works there. One day in November 2016, I called her and told her that their agency is doing recruitment and I wanted her to place a candidate for me. She swear heaven and earth that there was no such a thing. She was actually not aware but in December the agency's salary was not paid. The reason later was said to be because of the recruitment. Many things happens in agencies without the workers knowing. Replacement happens everyday. Is replacement not recruitment? If you swear on what you know not, na you sabi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by heebahiqram(f): 7:53am On Feb 07, 2017
FIRS recruitments usually takes time. Infact a whole lot of time as much as a year or two. The last time they did massive employment some candidates had even forgotten they applied cos the test invites came after a year same as d interview. So I think we should just be patient what will be will be

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (124) (Reply)

NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 / Etisalat Customer Care Job / Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.