Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,791 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty (2540 Views)

Benue Killings: IGP Open Up About The Camping Of Militiamen In Tunga / Boko Haram Releases New Video, Says ‘No Negotiations, No Surrender’ / Boko Haram Releases New Video, Says ‘no Negotiations, No Surrender’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by fiizznation: 7:30am On Apr 18, 2016
The time to deal with economy saboteurs(Niger delta militants) is now. Over the years, clueless and unserious government(s) have been either negotiating with them or some sort of silly amnesty was given to them, this in my opinion is the zenith of foolishness. Why on this God's given earth will any serious government that have Naval officers, Air force personnels, police force, civil defence and thousands of gallant soldiers be negotiating or pleading with militants/terrorists not to blow up pipelines that transports our gas to one power plant or another? Buhari and his APC government shouldn't mince words upon words, they should start taking serious actions.

Nigerians especially those that didn't vote for this present administration have been retweeting the NO LIGHT NO FUEL NO MONEY #hashtag, and the funny thing is that the same people retweeting that hashtag are equally the same group of people who jubilates when the so-called militants blow up the pipelines thereby putting everybody in darkness.

You don't want erratic power supply but you are always in jubilant mood when pipelines are vandalized. Once again I want to use this medium to remind president buhari of his promise that the nation's power supply will improve greatly. The 2016 budget is yet to be sign by the president. Upgrading our dilapidated navy by equipping them with the best fast pursue boats, sophisticated weapons, Intel and a broader logistics should be an important priority in president buhari's budget.

What was done to boko haram should equally be done with any group of persons that swore that Nigeria/Nigerians will not have peace. There shouldn't be any favouritism in fighting militants and their terroristic acts. If any group of persons have any problem with the government, then taking up arms against the state or blowing up pipelines thereby putting the nation in perpetual darkness is never the answer nor is it a solution. Nigeria should stop putting itself in a situation whereby at the end of the day it will still be held to ransom

Like shekau like Tompolo, enough is enough. This is my clarion call to the person(s) in power that will put an end to pipelines vandalism once and for all

May God bless us all

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by Dbboy(m): 7:36am On Apr 18, 2016
Shut up, did you write this epistle when GEJ government was been attacked, that was why responsible Nigerian like us saw the dangers of what the north were doing by terrorizing Nigeria to collect power, now we are back to "square one" and round and round it all goes we no foreseeable way forward. I weep for Naija.

13 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by princemillla(m): 7:41am On Apr 18, 2016
Well said my Bro.....

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by fiizznation: 7:42am On Apr 18, 2016
Dbboy:
Shut up, did you write this epistle when GEJ government was been attacked, that was why responsible Nigerian like us saw the dangers of what the north were doing by terrorizing Nigeria to collect power, now we are back to "square one" and round and round it all goes we no foreseeable way forward. I weep for Naija.
If Jonathan refused to take any decisive action against boko haram when he was the C-in-C then that was his cup of tea, so as you can see my friend, buhari is entirely different from Jonathan.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by cktheluckyman: 7:48am On Apr 18, 2016
fiizznation:
If Jonathan refused to take any decisive action against boko haram when he was the C-in-C then that was his cup of tea, so as you can see my friend, buhari is entirely different from Jonathan.

Well over to Buhari!! Let's see if he can!!but do not complain when Nigeria's oil output falls below 50% of its capacity.The people that introduced amnesty tried all the operations you enumerated before settling for amnesty

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by a2personal2013: 7:48am On Apr 18, 2016
Pls tell the govt to deal with the fulani herdsmen first. Unless you want to tell us the pipeline is more important than the lives been destroyed by fulani herdsmen.

After taking care of that we will give the govt all needed support to get rid of the militia. Good riddance to rubbish

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by ZKOSOSO(m): 7:48am On Apr 18, 2016
Let the pipelines shout "up Tompolo"!
Buhari and his Army can't protect what does not belong to his thieving Northern oil bloc grabbers.
That is the crux of the matter!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by Flexherbal(m): 7:51am On Apr 18, 2016
I like your first pparagraph.
Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by Abagworo(m): 7:52am On Apr 18, 2016
I never ever supported giving money to criminals. If there should be an amnesty it should be for the underemployed academic class in order to motivate younger generation into embracing education. Free education for interested Niger Delta youths to Msc level and death penalty for every unrepentant criminal.

The trans-Kalabari highway and joining Bonny to land should be a national priority for justice and equity.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by Sydney22: 7:59am On Apr 18, 2016
What about Fulani herdsmen? @op

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by cybernaut(m): 8:03am On Apr 18, 2016
Buhari d live patron of fulani herdsmen terroist shuld first start wit herdsmen first.infact nigeria has expired and pregnant and common man dont knw d next level.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by fiizznation: 8:26am On Apr 18, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Well over to Buhari!! Let's see if he can!!but do not complain when Nigeria's oil output falls below 50% of its capacity.The people that introduced amnesty tried all the operations you enumerated before settling for amnesty
A militia group can only overpower a government if the said government is not a serious one. All over the world, the government is the one with the meat and knife. I hope you do know that some corrupt navy personnels guiding the pipelines usually collect some bribes from the militants before allowing them(militants) to blow up the pipelines. With a serious government in place, I don't think they will allow such norm to continue

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by fiizznation: 8:30am On Apr 18, 2016
Sydney22:
What about Fulani herdsmen? @op
Maybe you missed the part were I clearly stated that government should equally deal with any group of persons(Fulani herdsmen included) that said Nigeria/Nigerians will not have peace

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 18, 2016
Parasite dey form

Yesterday is gone

ipob

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by Pontaboki: 9:02am On Apr 18, 2016
Lies
Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by Sydney22: 9:45am On Apr 18, 2016
fiizznation:
Maybe you missed the part were I clearly stated that government should equally deal with any group of persons(Fulani herdsmen included) that said Nigeria/Nigerians will not have peace
which is more important now ? Stopping Fulani herdsmen that's killing innocent citizens in numbers or militant that are just bombing pipeline for a good reason ?(which is telling govt to develop their community with their oil money )

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by Orjioorji(f): 9:49am On Apr 18, 2016
Studies has shown that fire for fire has never lead to peace.but i will suggest buhari to try the force and he will regret it.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 18, 2016
fiizznation:
[s]The time to deal with economy saboteurs(Niger delta militants) is now. Over the years, clueless and unserious government(s) have been either negotiating with them or some sort of silly amnesty was given to them, this in my opinion is the zenith of foolishness. Why on this God's given earth will any serious government that have Naval officers, Air force personnels, police force, civil defence and thousands of gallant soldiers be negotiating or pleading with militants/terrorists not to blow up pipelines that transports our gas to one power plant or another? Buhari and his APC government shouldn't mince words upon words, they should start taking serious actions.

Nigerians especially those that didn't vote for this present administration have been retweeting the NO LIGHT NO FUEL NO MONEY #hashtag, and the funny thing is that the same people retweeting that hashtag are equally the same group of people who jubilates when the so-called militants blow up the pipelines thereby putting everybody in darkness.

You don't want erratic power supply but you are always in jubilant mood when pipelines are vandalized. Once again I want to use this medium to remind president buhari of his promise that the nation's power supply will improve greatly. The 2016 budget is yet to be sign by the president. Upgrading our dilapidated navy by equipping them with the best fast pursue boats, sophisticated weapons, Intel and a broader logistics should be an important priority in president buhari's budget.

What was done to boko haram should equally be done with any group of persons that swore that Nigeria/Nigerians will not have peace. There shouldn't be any favouritism in fighting militants and their terroristic acts. If any group of persons have any problem with the government, then taking up arms against the state or blowing up pipelines thereby putting the nation in perpetual darkness is never the answer nor is it a solution. Nigeria should stop putting itself in a situation whereby at the end of the day it will still be held to ransom

Like shekau like Tompolo, enough is enough. This is my clarion call to the person(s) in power that will put an end to pipelines vandalism once and for all

May God bless us all[/s]

Typical ignorant Southwesterner.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 18, 2016
fiizznation:
A militia group can only overpower a government if the said government is not a serious one. All over the world, the government is the one with the meat and knife. I hope you do know that some corrupt navy personnels guiding the pipelines usually collect some bribes from the militants before allowing them(militants) to blow up the pipelines. With a serious government in place, I don't think they will allow such norm to continue

lolz so Yaradua and Obasanjo were not serious abi? shebi only Tompolo has kept us in darkness for over two months now.By the time you provoke the other MEND commanders into going back to the creeks ,you will see the consequencves of your actions

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by ckmayoca: 9:55am On Apr 18, 2016
Op write to the presidency or organise ur friends and protest toward your want. Nairaland is not the right place to channel ur grievances.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by yaki84: 10:12am On Apr 18, 2016
fiizznation:

haveu heard of FARC REBELS?
go n google it.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by fiizznation: 10:24am On Apr 18, 2016
chukwudi44:

lolz so Yaradua and Obasanjo were not serious abi? shebi only Tompolo has kept us in darkness for over two months now.By the time you provoke the other MEND commanders into going back to the creeks ,you will see the consequencves of your actions
Sorry but what do mean with your reckless statement of "provoking other mends commanders"? Are the mends commanders above the Nigeria law or are they any bigger than the federal republic of Nigeria? Why are you guys pushing this ignorant militants to their early graves? Is blowing gas pipelines and putting everybody in darkness the right way to go about with their agitations? If you say/think what the militants are doing is right, then we will all agree that what boko haram are doing is also right.

Let me tell you my friend, everybody have his/her right(s) in this nation and nobody's right should infringed on the rights of the other person(s). The Niger deltans have every right to enjoy a better living and I and other Nigerians also have every right to enjoy a 24hrs constant electricity supply. And let me remind you, the militants have already done their worst so nothing will surprise an average Nigerian of any action that the militants will decide to take.

What every responsible Nigerian want is to see the government of change which we voted for tackle the menace of pipelines vandalism by unscrupulous elements called militants

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by fiizznation: 10:36am On Apr 18, 2016
yaki84:

haveu heard of FARC REBELS?
go n google it.
Farc rebels exist only because the Columbia government wants them to exist. Go and learn more about the history of farc rebels, Escobar and Columbian government to know more about government hidden conspiracies. Wasn't boko haram the deadliest terrorist group some few months back? And can you tell me their faith today? The boko haram are taking a hard beating today because the government of the day don't want to tolerate them and their nonsensical foolishness.

If terrorism acts exceed between two days in a country, is either the government are supporting them or the government doesn't want them to stop - late General Sani Abacha
Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by yaki84: 11:01am On Apr 18, 2016
fiizznation:
Farc rebels exist only because the Columbia government wants them to exist. Go and learn more about the history of farc rebels, Escobar and Columbian government to know more about government hidden conspiracies. Wasn't boko haram the deadliest terrorist group some few months back? And can you tell me their faith today? The boko haram are taking a hard beating today because the government of the day don't want to tolerate them and their nonsensical foolishness.

If terrorism acts exceed between two days in a country, is either the government are supporting them or the government doesn't want them to stop - late General Sani Abacha

tthat means buhari is also supporting boko haram.

pls how many monthe has he been on seat?
Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by kayfra: 12:38pm On Apr 18, 2016
Pontaboki:
Lies
Low IQ
Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by georgen2u(m): 12:50pm On Apr 18, 2016
My brother you are ignorant of how delicate Nigeria is. Nigeria is like 3 brothers that are of age to live alone with wife's N children but stick together in one room . Today this person wife go cause trouble and his husband defend am tomorrow another. Until they live alone it can't stop

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by waleboss12: 12:55pm On Apr 18, 2016
georgen2u:
My brother you are ignorant of how delicate Nigeria is. Nigeria is like 3 brothers that are of age to live alone with wife's N children but stick together in one room . Today this person wife go cause trouble and his husband defend am tomorrow another. Until they live alone it can't stop
Fulani is our problem they are bastards

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by Amitex(m): 2:46pm On Apr 18, 2016
fiizznation:
Those of you encouraging Buhari forgot that OBJ regime was brought to her knees by this same militants. Even then they never tasted amnesty bounty. Now, they are more emboldened. Again pipeline vandalism is not conventional warfare but hit and run. Ask yourself a simple question, if you are an oil worker, would you dare go to a militarised region? Who will drill the oil, soldiers? I wonder how military can police the length and breath of Nigeria pipeline network. I wish Buhari luck on this adventure. By the time two or three oil workers are kidnapped and killed, other will be forced to vacate. Situation like this deserve negotiations and not bravado!

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by fiizznation: 4:34pm On Apr 18, 2016
Amitex:

Those of you encouraging Buhari forgot that OBJ regime was brought to her knees by this same militants. Even then they never tasted amnesty bounty. Now, they are more emboldened. Again pipeline vandalism is not conventional warfare but hit and run. Ask yourself a simple question, if you are an oil worker, would you dare go to a militarised region? Who will drill the oil, soldiers? I wonder how military can police the length and breath of Nigeria pipeline network. I wish Buhari luck on this adventure. By the time two or three oil workers are kidnapped and killed, other will be forced to vacate. Situation like this deserve negotiations and not bravado!
Absolute balderdash you said up there. The same rhythm was song about boko haram and today we all know who is feeling the heat. Let Me tell you, if a government want to seriously deal with any terror group, the can do that in just some months.

Who are militants? Are the invisible or are they magicians? I don't know how you guys see those militants over there and honestly I don't care. One thing is for sure, there time is almost up. Just watch and see
Re: Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty by DaBullIT(m): 6:40pm On Apr 18, 2016
Dem mama

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Dilemma Of Solution To Militancy; Yaradua's Mistake Pmb's Choice / El-rufai Has Repeatedly Blasphemed Against Jesus.Did Anybody Kill Him?Nawa Oo! / See The Result Of The Poll Between Buhari And Stone so far (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.