Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,321 members, 7,836,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen (32875 Views)

Fayose Visits Ortom In Benue Over Fulani Herdsmen Attacks (Photos) / Wike Visits Ortom Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue State (Photos) / Tension In Asaba Over Plans To Dislodge Arewa Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by OneNaira5: 6:59pm On Apr 19, 2016
Odogwujoshua:
i am from delta and we dont like igbo bloods. they dont have hummor always suffering and struggling minded. we in delta we love humor and love enjoying even at the detriment of our tomorrow. look round asaba all you see hotels and bars, look round onitsha all you see shops. hope you get now

Even I know you are not from delta or anioma.

Btw: I'm from Asaba so move out trying tell me about my own people.
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by Odogwujoshua(m): 6:59pm On Apr 19, 2016
madenigga:

Till then.
BIAFRA OR NOT, i am from Rivers state and i hv no connection with u in anyway.
Speak for yourself u lang grabbing thief.
if you are talking like this your mum should be an igbo woman, igbos are greedy cheated people. always feeling insecure . resist the ways of igbos and get yourself. go and read war history 1967 and see how people in asaba were killed because of the "igbos greedy cause"
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by ChoCandyDiamond(f): 7:00pm On Apr 19, 2016
Odogwujoshua:
dont mind this slow igbo guys( retards trying to force themselves on southerners)
Who is telling you that Delta state is Igbo, Anioma is Igbo land, slow retards

1 Like

Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by Odogwujoshua(m): 7:01pm On Apr 19, 2016
right now i am even at back of nta asaba. go and read what this igbos greed did to your grannies and friends 1967. and gain a new thinking
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by SOPIGO: 7:01pm On Apr 19, 2016
There is no provision of place in Delta state for Fulani herdmen. They should go bag to there place
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by Kennydoc(m): 7:02pm On Apr 19, 2016
Odogwujoshua:
asaba is anioma look at the banners i dislike igbos

Anioma is not the name of an ethnic group. For your information, Anioma was derived from the first letters of the Igbo speaking LGAs in Delta (or former Bendel) State, with 'MA' suffixed to it to form an apparently real name.
A - Aniocha
N - Ndokwa
I - Ika
O - Oshimili
+
MA
That gives you Anioma.

Whether you like Igbos or not, if you are from any of Oshimili North and South LGAs (Asaba and it's environs) and Aniocha North and South LGAs (Issele Uku, Ogwashi Uku and their environs), you are Igbo.
People from Ika North and South LGAs call themselves Ika, which appears like an ethnic group on its own, while those from Ndokwa East, Ndokwa West and Ukwuani LGAs call themselves Ukwuani.
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by Yehman(m): 7:07pm On Apr 19, 2016
One Nigeria grin
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by Odogwujoshua(m): 7:09pm On Apr 19, 2016
Yehman:
One Nigeria grin
yea but our minds are not oriented .

1 Like

Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by fulanimafia: 7:11pm On Apr 19, 2016
DeeMain:

Beautiful nonsense.

When few Igbos officers and a couple of Yorubas carried out the '66 coup it was convenient for your people to label it an Igbo coup and judge all Igbos as guilty and murder over 40,000 Igbos in the pogrom that followed. Till this day the Hausa-Fulani are unapologetic and gloat of a repeat of the genocide if Igbos provoke them.

Was the only reason Igbo ethnicity was attached to the ' 66 coup plotters political mixed with ethnic bigotry inherent in the Hausa-Fulani ? Was that why a generation of Igbos were wiped off?

Again I say, beautiful nonsense.

Keep attaching ethnicity then if you think you will not be the end victim of any failure to curb the terrorists activities.

It won't change anything about the '66 coup and the avoidable massacre that followed as a consequence.

Beautiful truism.
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by mandax: 7:22pm On Apr 19, 2016
blackberlin:
Great move by my brothers from the South-East. This is the only way we can stop criminal acts, not by laughing at each others' woes.

The Fulani Herdsmen (rebranded Boko Haram) have shown us all that what befalls one person may end up befalling another.

When Olu Falae was attacked by Fulani Herdsmen (aka Boko Haram), the Igbos on Nairaland were laughing and calling Yorubas cowards, as if we've not beaten each other mercilessly in secondary school. Either ways, these animals must be curbed, otherwise a break up would be imminent.

I have nothing against the Hausas/Fulanis, but the same North has produced the worst crop of people in Nigeria, from bad military heads of state to deadly insurgencies, they all came from the north. If their elders have any shame, let them say the truth and stop promoting evil, or betterstill, let the Hausas and Fulanis join their brothers in Niger and Mali and leave us in peace.

Na Igbo, Yoruba and Middle belt de too de fcccuck up themselves.

Hausa/Kanuri/Fulani and others in the twelve northern Nigeria states had for long created another new country in the far north of Nigeria since they adopted sharia criminal justice system.

Don't know what the Igbo, Yoruba Middle belt and others are waiting for.

1 Like

Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by dsylvo(m): 7:26pm On Apr 19, 2016
"IF THEY MUST STAY THE GOVERNMENT MUST PROVIDE A PLACE FOR THEM" ...... DATS WHAT CUT MY ATTENTION IN THE BANNERS ABOVE. THESE PEOPLE HAVE PUBLICLY DISPLAYED THAT THEY SUPPORT THE MOST DANGEROUS BILL OF ALL TIME ..... " THE GRAZING RESERVE BILL". WELL I THINK D NAME "ANIOMA" TRANSLATES TO "GOOD LAND", IF THE FULANIS MUST BE GIVEN A PLACE FOR THEIR CATTLE IT MUST BE "ANIOMA". #FULANIMUSTGO
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by hamilton62(m): 7:39pm On Apr 19, 2016
Femotins:

Who be Kanu again? That fraud?
If kanu is a fraud then PMB is a lucifer, the omni of frauds... The hierarchy of deceit and hypocrisy.
I am not sorry for being frank!
Gracias
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by DeeMain(m): 7:42pm On Apr 19, 2016
fulanimafia:

Keep attaching ethnicity then if you think you will not be the end victim of any failure to curb the terrorists activities.

It won't change anything about the '66 coup and the avoidable massacre that followed as a consequence.

Beautiful truism.

While you sound reconciliatory which is a very very rare thing to see from your side of the country, I must remind you of what prompted my response. This was what you said :

"Is it not a betrayal of your education to make the above generalization, when northerners are not among perpetrators of the sickest and most barbarian crimes against humanity such as ritual killing, baby factories, human organ harvesting, armed robbery, drug trafficking etc? Has anyone called for the entire region of the perpetrators to be excised?"

In addition, I dare say that northerners are by far the perpetrators of the sickest and most barbaric crimes against humanity in Nigeria . Or do you want to argue this beautiful truism? grin

1 Like

Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by vislabraye(m): 7:43pm On Apr 19, 2016
blackberlin:
Great move by my brothers from the South-East. This is the only way we can stop criminal acts, not by laughing at each others' woes.

The Fulani Herdsmen (rebranded Boko Haram) have shown us all that what befalls one person may end up befalling another.

When Olu Falae was attacked by Fulani Herdsmen (aka Boko Haram), the Igbos on Nairaland were laughing and calling Yorubas cowards, as if we've not beaten each other mercilessly in secondary school. Either ways, these animals must be curbed, otherwise a break up would be imminent.

I have nothing against the Hausas/Fulanis, but the same North has produced the worst crop of people in Nigeria, from bad military heads of state to deadly insurgencies, they all came from the north. If their elders have any shame, let them say the truth and stop promoting evil, or betterstill, let the Hausas and Fulanis join their brothers in Niger and Mali and leave us in peace.

The Igbos have not caused Yorubas any problem, and Yorubas are also peaceful people. But the people that are causing us issues are the Northerners. That's the truth.
The earlier we come to understand who the problem is,the better. I'm not calling for war against the Northerners cos there are innocent people amongst them especially the Christians. We should stop laughing at others who go through problems from the Fulani herdsmen. What surprises me the most is that our so called elites are folding their hands and turning the other way.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by jayriginal: 7:51pm On Apr 19, 2016
youngeagle:
Nnamdi Kanu never slapped anyone but he is there in detention

You're right. He only asked for guns and bullets to commit worse.

1 Like

Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by Ohaneche(m): 7:55pm On Apr 19, 2016
Enyia zuo ike,
ChoCandyDiamond:

This guy self, Anioma people language is Igbo and you are telling them that they are not Igbos, Itshekiri is not Yoruba because if you speak Itshekiri to a Yoruba ,he or she will not understand what you are saying, but if Asaba person speak Igbo all the Igbos will hear and understand what the person is saying.

1 Like

Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by 66xtr6r: 7:57pm On Apr 19, 2016
jayriginal:

You're right. He only asked for guns and bullets to commit worse.

You mean like Oba Rilwane Akiolu of Lagos who threatened to drown Igbos in the lagoon should they fail to vote for his anointed gubernatorial candidate in the 2015 elections.

The same Oba is walking freely without being held in a dungeon.

Or maybe like those wicked politicians of yours who threatened fire and brimstone should they lose the elections in 2011 and pronto carnage and murder of many Southerners and Christians followed suit in the North, with many Youth Corps members slaughtered for the ”BABOON AND DOG WILL BE SOAKED IN BLOOD” chant.
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by fulanimafia: 8:01pm On Apr 19, 2016
DeeMain:

While you sound reconciliatory which is a very very rare thing to see from your side of the country, I must remind you of what prompted my response. This was what you said :

"Is it not a betrayal of your education to make the above generalization, when northerners are not among perpetrators of the sickest and most barbarian crimes against humanity such as ritual killing, baby factories, human organ harvesting, armed robbery, drug trafficking etc? Has anyone called for the entire region of the perpetrators to be excised?"

In addition, I dare say that northerners are by far the perpetrators of the sickest and most barbaric crimes against humanity in Nigeria . Or do you want to argue this beautiful truism? grin

Ain't nothing sicker than cannibalism mate. Feel free to argue with yourself smiley.
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by bezimo(m): 8:04pm On Apr 19, 2016
Something is seriously wrong somewhere, Never have there been so much controversy with regards to the sudden rise of the brazen and daring atrocities of these herdsmen.

One wonders, why the sudden rise?
why did we not see much of these atrocities in the GEJ administration?
why are they causing more conflict in the southern part of Nigeria?

Virtually every state in the south is coming to terms with the reality and threat of these herdsmen following their evil exploits in the region.

Is there a grand plan by the Northern Islamic elites?
Is something emboldening these herdsmen to cause chaos?

Something is really cooking and building momentum that would threaten the unity of Nigeria if nothing is done.
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by madenigga(m): 8:12pm On Apr 19, 2016
Odogwujoshua:
if you are talking like this your mum should be an igbo woman, igbos are greedy cheated people. always feeling insecure . resist the ways of igbos and get yourself. go and read war history 1967 and see how people in asaba were killed because of the "igbos greedy cause"
Pls come nd explain the greedy cause.
And how igbos killed people of Asaba, last time i checked it was edo people who did
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by DeeMain(m): 8:18pm On Apr 19, 2016
fulanimafia:

Ain't nothing sicker than cannibalism mate. Feel free to argue with yourself smiley.

You know, we see and remember differently.

Ain't nothing sicker than being the 3rd and 4th deadliest terrorist group in the world (note : not Africa). Human beings are not chickens or cattle, you know.
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by HomeOfMe(f): 8:18pm On Apr 19, 2016
franciskaine:
Presently the major highway from Delta to Anambra has been blocked by peaceful demonstrators who are vexed by the incessant maiming and incursion of Fulani herdsmen into their environment. According to the protesters, almost on a daily basis are farmers and other locals killed by herdsmen and are prevented from going their normal businesses. Despite the intervention of members of the Nigerian police force the protesters have promised not to flinch unless the Delta state governor visits the scenario and attends to their plight.
Why the Fulani headsmen no enter warri?
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 19, 2016
Miscellaneous:

ogbeni asaba is in delta state in south south.... not south east. Know this!!!

Broda, the banner reads Anioma Security Watch Network. And they even took the protest to Anambra...

Anioma people are Igbos even though they are in Delta state and if you were smart enough, you would have understood that the context of my discussion was centered on the general zoning your brain is used to. . .
Learn something. . . (you're welcome)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anioma_people
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by jayriginal: 8:26pm On Apr 19, 2016
66xtr6r:

You mean like Oba Rilwane Akiolu of Lagos who threatened to drown Igbos in the lagoon should they fail to vote for his anointed gubernatorial candidate in the 2015 elections.

The same Oba is walking freely without being held in a dungeon.

Or maybe like those wicked politicians of yours who threatened fire and brimstone should they lose the elections in 2011 and pronto carnage and murder of many Southerners and Christians followed suit in the North, with many Youth Corps members slaughtered for the ”BABOON AND DOG WILL BE SOAKED IN BLOOD” chant.

Like the Oba has metaphysical powers. What are you even comparing?
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 19, 2016
Odogwujoshua:
delta is south east and we are not igbo,we dont have that igbo spirit of always feeling cheated. not your brother, just forget it. majority of us in the south dont like the idea of beign linked to igbo.

Your opinion doesn't count. If you like, say you're not a Nigerian, that's your problem. Abeg vamoose from here!
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 19, 2016
BlessedFellow:

Is Asaba South-East now?
Delta Igbos = Igbos. . . just simplifying things... don't give urself high BP
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by meccuno: 8:32pm On Apr 19, 2016
Miscellaneous:

say all u can! But know this :

We from the Niger deltans will never be a part of your Biafra no matter what! If u like talk heaven and earth, if u like convert Niger delta to south east online, if u like carry guns come Niger delta.…. we will tell u DAT our struggle is different and it is internally motivated. We don't want a case of what is happening in Sudan after the separation to north Sudan and south Sudan. We are afraid that we will become a minority in ur supposed Biafra and it won't be different from the Nigeria u guys call zoo everyday. We are not part of any scam called Biafra. As a warri boy, I go tell u truth.... make una carry una Biafra cum ipob go one side. For Christ sake we are fighting for resource control. Perhaps the foolishness of classifying delta state as an IBO state by u is because delta is a multi ethnic state. delta is unique... & it is the best in the country.... ask around. The major tribe in delta are the urhobos . How is delta an IBO state? In the Niger delta ibos truly have no oil resource & what then is ur basis of classifying IBO as the owner of Niger delta abi delta state? oh u were talking about asaba only? the obi speak IBO ? u are really funny.... so because of that they own asaba ? guy do well make boys nor use cane flog DAT obi go Onitsha o
I don't think any other tribe from delta state would utter the nonsense u wrote above. Please no one said delta is igbo land. But the igbo side of it namely asaba,ibuzo,ugwashi to name a few which comprises anioma. Many delta people I have come across don't like it when you refer to them not as igbos......I don't know what tribe you come from, but it is obviously from a region that's not attached to places that have lived with igbo people. Its either you are edo,or yoruba or probably a Northerner who is out to cause problems!!

2 Likes

Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by emeejinsm: 8:32pm On Apr 19, 2016
ogbeni ewu ?? asaba is still an igbo land
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by FOLLOWJESUS: 8:51pm On Apr 19, 2016
When the govt is only interested in protecting people from particuler part of the country and look d other way while fulani herds men terrorist keep on maiming and killing people, the best thing to do is self help.
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by MikeB3(m): 8:56pm On Apr 19, 2016
Since the whole fulani herdsman issue start, no statement have been credited to the present government officials, party leadership and even our President who happens to be a Fulani man. This one shows the biase nature of the number one citizen of the most populous black nation. #Itiswell

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jonathan Visits Late Ibrahim Dasuki's Family (Photo) / What Will Happen If There Is No Election In Anambra State / Buhari Speaks From Both Sides Of His Mouth - Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.