Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,441 members, 7,836,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen (32878 Views)

Fayose Visits Ortom In Benue Over Fulani Herdsmen Attacks (Photos) / Wike Visits Ortom Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue State (Photos) / Tension In Asaba Over Plans To Dislodge Arewa Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by christopher123(m): 11:41am On Apr 20, 2016
Chiwude:
You have time replying those mofos and mischief makers. Whether they like it or not, whether they hit their head and wail, Asaba and Aniomaland will remain part and parcel of the larger Igboland. South-South is never a tribe, its only a conflagration of many tribes and in which Igbo speaking clans form part of. And any day Nigeria dismembers everybody in that 'we s/s enclave' go answer their papa name.
Let the ignorant ones keep fooling themselves.

Well said
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by fulanmafia: 4:14pm On Apr 20, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
That you are fulanimafia does not mean you must defend and justify the atrocities of your brethren, thats if you have a living conscience.. Any way why should i be surprised when your monika says it all. A mafia is a killer not to talk of when you add fulani to it.

If you were not bright enough to understand the comment I can understand. because there is NOWHERE i even attempted to defend the activities of those cold blooded killer 'herdsmen'. I was calling out the hypocrisy of southerners like you that speak like your kinsmen don't commit the sickest and most barbaric crimes and perform the most satanic blood rituals known to man.
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by chima24life(m): 4:32pm On Apr 20, 2016
Long life nnamdi kalu, he said some years ago
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by IRserveMyComent(f): 4:59pm On Apr 20, 2016
fulanmafia:

If you were not bright enough to understand the comment I can understand. because there is NOWHERE i even attempted to defend the activities of those cold blooded killer 'herdsmen'. I was calling out the hypocrisy of southerners like you that speak like your kinsmen don't commit the sickest and most barbaric crimes and perform the most satanic blood rituals known to man.

My dear you where merely diverting attention from the issue on ground. You also went ahead to assert that "the only reason ethnicity is attached to these criminals is political", by saying this you appear to be trying very heard to exonerate the fulanis from the crime, while everyone in Nigeria knows they are the nomadics that move from community to community in search of pastures. How on earth could it have been political to say they are from a certain ethnic part of the country??

come to think of it, i guess you should change your monika,you sound better than that. our monikas has a way of influencing how we communicate here.
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by fulanmafia: 6:11pm On Apr 20, 2016
IRserveMyComent:

My dear you where merely diverting attention from the issue on ground. You also went ahead to assert that "the only reason ethnicity is attached to these criminals is political", by saying this you appear to be trying very heard to exonerate the fulanis from the crime, while everyone in Nigeria knows they are the nomadics that move from community to community in search of pastures. How on earth could it have been political to say they are from a certain ethnic part of the country??

come to think of it, i guess you should change your monika,you sound better than that. our monikas has a way of influencing how we communicate here.

By your generalization, you are implying that all fulanis are violent and are killers....can you see the problem?

How would you take it if ALL igbo's are called drug traffickers/cannibals or ALL Yoruba's are called ritualists because of the activities of a few?

The fact a lot of southerners are ignorant of is that less than about 30% of Fulani's are nomadic. Do the activities of a few warrant the irrational painting of the collective? How about the fact that the same Fulanis have been the main producers of the beef consumed in this country for decades without incidents?

You see, the reason I said it is political is because of the deliberate focus on their ethnicity instead of their crime, especially at a time when the President who is coincidentally also fulani is despised strongly by some regions, and has also been mocked for being a cattle farmer himself. The whole point i'm making here is that focusing on their ethnicity will only distort focus on eradicating their crime, especially as all evidence points to the fact that they are criminal bandits and rustlers using the cattle as a convenient cover.

Finally, regarding my moniker, the shock-value is priceless cool
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by dubemnaija: 9:31pm On Apr 20, 2016
Odogwujoshua:
asaba is anioma look at the banners i dislike igbos

Who cares about what u dislike?? Worst come to worst, you go and kill urself

1 Like

Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by IRserveMyComent(f): 10:51am On Apr 21, 2016
fulanmafia:

By your generalization, you are implying that all fulanis are violent and are killers....can you see the problem?

How would you take it if ALL igbo's are called drug traffickers/cannibals or ALL Yoruba's are called ritualists because of the activities of a few?

The fact a lot of southerners are ignorant of is that less than about 30% of Fulani's are nomadic. Do the activities of a few warrant the irrational painting of the collective? How about the fact that the same Fulanis have been the main producers of the beef consumed in this country for decades without incidents?

You see, the reason I said it is political is because of the deliberate focus on their ethnicity instead of their crime, especially at a time when the President who is coincidentally also fulani is despised strongly by some regions, and has also been mocked for being a cattle farmer himself. The whole point i'm making here is that focusing on their ethnicity will only distort focus on eradicating their crime, especially as all evidence points to the fact that they are criminal bandits and rustlers using the cattle as a convenient cover.

Finally, regarding my moniker, the shock-value is priceless cool

Are you for real By my generalization?? could you pls point out where i said ALL Fulani are nomadic and killers. If you could term my write up as having generalized it means you need to re-check the meaning of the word "generalization" with your dictionary.

The deliberate focus on their ethnicity you said is the reason you insinuated it was politically driven? Its quit a pity that we politicize virtually everything in this country which shouldnt be. So you want to feign ignorance that you no longer know that Fulani Herds Men have been the name they are known by even befor they started the killing spree?? So you now want a reporter to remove the Fulani and call them only herdsmen, just to satisfy your quest to exonerate them from the crime which everyone knows they commited. You also claim the hype on the issue was simply because a section of the country hates the president who comes from there??

Can you agree with me that this menace has assumed a high propensity that is unimaginable since the president who happens to be from there assumed office? They now see themselves as the untouchables, unleashing their terror with an unequaled magnitude. Can you also agree with me that this same president has not done what he should do on the issue? Can you tell me that if it had been the Niger delta militants or even the Ipob that had been unleashing this terror on others he would not have done anything? He would have just been this silent? Am sorry to say that if ur brother the president is hated, he is the cause of the hatred. I for one do not hate people,i only hate their bad attitude.

I know you have a conscience, tell me if the silence on the part of the president has been fair? No one expects him to go and raise the over 3OO Agatu indigns and several others murdered in their various communities by these dare devils. The least he would have done is issue a presidential condolence, And condemn these barbaric acts. but what did he do? he chose to go mute on a very sensitive issue as this.

So if there has been a hype on their ethnicity,it is the actions and inactions of the president that necessitated it. If you were in the shoes of people hyping it you would also do same or even more. And then this is an attitude very peculiar to nigeria. That is how virtually evrything is ethnicized,so i dont know why you want or expect this one to be different.

On your moniker i would say keep enjoying the fortune via priceless shock value. lolss. Have a nice day.
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by Nasiruddeen(m): 7:09am On Apr 22, 2016
Fulani group called Miyetti Allah has denied an
allegation by Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau State
that Fulanis were planning to launch spontaneous
attacks in the state. Instead, the group said they
would only fight back in self defense if they were attacked
by members of the Berom ethnic group.

In a statement obtained by SaharaReporters and signed by
Sale Bayari, the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders' Association
of Nigeria (MACBAN) decried Governor Jang’s “false,
malicious and inciting statement.” The group credited the
governor with alleging that “Fulani were planning and
recruiting foreigners to attack Plateau State.” Mr. Bayari,
the group’s national secretary and a resident of Plateau
State, challenged Mr. Jang to “make such security reports
at his disposal available for perusal and scrutiny” by
security agents and the public.

MACBAN asserted that the governor’s claims were “entirely
false, mischievous [and] the figment of his wild imagination
which is aimed at causing restiveness, fear among and
intimidation of the peace-loving people of Plateau State.”
The statement accused the governor of pursuing a “tribal
agenda” by resorting “to false alarms, propaganda and
bare-faced lies in order for him to cover his exposed
agenda of ethnic cleansing of our people.”

The statement continued: “We want to categorically tell the
people of Plateau State and all Nigerians that the Fulani
have never and will never attack anybody and will only fight
back in self-defense; even this shall be as a last resort as
the Fulani believe in the rule of law and will continue to rely
on the law to protect them.”

MACBAN stated that the decision by the Goodluck Jonathan administration to invite only the Berom, Fulani and Hausa to talks at Aso Rock demonstrated that the Federal
Government had done its home work and knew “those who
are fighting and killing themselves and the reasons.”
Mr. Bayari’s statement added: “The fact is that the Fulani of
Plateau State, in particular, and Nigeria in general, have no
problem with the people of Plateau State, to warrant any
attack on the people. The people who have consistently
attacked the Fulani of Plateau State and other Fulani on
national cattle routes in Plateau State have been the Berom
ethnic tribe of Governor Jang in Jos South, Riyom and
Barkin Ladi LGs since 2001 to date. The Fulani in Plateau
State have never attacked any other tribe in any aggression
or reprisal except the Berom who have so far since 2001
killed over 700 Fulani in these Berom-dominated areas.
The Fulani minority in these places have been fighting in
self-defense against the Berom majority killer squads and
militia which are allegedly being recruited and sponsored
by the Plateau State Government.”
The group described the governor’s recent allegation as
“ridiculous, subversive and an unnecessary diversion of the
attention of the Federal Government,” adding that it was an
attempt to “pre-empt the efforts and plans of the Federal
Government in its efforts to bring lasting peace to the
state.” It further accused Mr. Jang of always raising false
alarms “to agitate the peace-loving people of Plateau State
by alleging that he has security reports of an impending
'Jihadic' attack on the people of Plateau State.”
MACBAN said the security agencies in the state were not
aware of the alleged Fulani threats that the governor spoke
about.
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by Almajiri1: 10:19am On Apr 22, 2016
fr3do:

dont be scared for Asaba, herdsmen cant do jack in the Asaba metropolis.

Wait o, I hope these people are not supporting grazing reserve, I dont understand that 'govt should provide a place for them'.
Just heard they've kidnapped one of you and demanding 5 million ransom.
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by mynd1(f): 1:17pm On Apr 30, 2016
greatness22:
Please leave the fulani "heardswomen" for me. Dem dey help matters. grin if you understand what i mean.

Btw, mynd1, you look like a fulani lady. wink
lol. Hi.
Re: Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen by greatness22(m): 1:25pm On Apr 30, 2016
mynd1:
lol. Hi.
Baby, were have you been? I've missed you terribly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dino Malaye Flaunts His Garage Of Exotic Cars Once Again / Ganduje Agrees To Pay 30,000 Minimum Wage With Additional N600 (N30,600) / Onnoghen: You Are A Fraudulent Public Officer, CCT Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.