Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,458 members, 7,836,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City (1786 Views)

Will I Be Called "Slut" For This? .. (picture attached) / No Man Deserves To Be Called A Broke Ass: Do Not Judge Him / The Lebanese Who Called A Nigerian Lady A 'Monkey' Shares His Own Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by mubarak001(m): 4:34pm On Apr 20, 2016
The following reasons are not limited to why PH should not be called city;

1. PH is dirty; this is evident in such a manner debris are left unattended to all over the places.
2. PH has no proper drainage except for few areas like GRA
3. Flood: It will amaze you the level of flood this so called city experience along the major roads causing bottlenecks.
4. Absent of Street light in major areas
5. Road network is zero

You can add yours!
Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by Maxi112: 4:40pm On Apr 20, 2016
prove
Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 20, 2016
And why it's in romance section? It ain't romantic at all grin...

Anyway, lemme ask my dearest friend, Mr.busy guy, my pidgin coach (Lol) who loves to hide & seek & presently residing in PH Smellinganus... grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 20, 2016
Cultism everywhere
Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by Chriswazo(m): 5:15pm On Apr 20, 2016
Wrong assertion, wrong section. Show proves!
Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by Mrbigman1(m): 5:21pm On Apr 20, 2016
As for road network, and drainage, ph lack it totally but do u think about the size relative to the population?

Ph remain the best in the South-south.

Have u been to warri or recent?

Dnt ever think of coming here.

That's why I respect the architectural design they used in building Onithsa, if not, u wouldn't see space
Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by firstking01(m): 5:21pm On Apr 20, 2016
You are a pathelogical liar opundecided...i was born and bred in ph, inshort i 've lived all my life in ph...when last did you visit rumoumasi...what of ikwerre road?...town nko...elekahia?, what of woji and trans slaughter road?....what of trans amadi industrial lay out?....what of amadi ama?...what of standium road...this cyber space cnt contain them if i wanna start outlining the areas and districts that has a waste control management team and the flood lights are working every night....ph is never a dirty place...it's just that people no dey hear word..RIWAMA...river state waste management agency have told people to dispose their dirts in the dirt van between the hours of 6pm-12am, yet people still abrogate this law and disperse dirts anyhow...

Maybe you need to change your location...not the ph i've lived for more than 25years and still counting...inshort, when was the last time you visited Dlineundecided, not to talk of agree road closed to government house, have you seen the new shopping spar by government housecheesy??, you need to visit there...

You lies eh, satan dey learn work....

TeamGardenCity...

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by Chuksyd1: 5:21pm On Apr 20, 2016
It is your village that deserves to be called a city, right? Mtchww.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by mubarak001(m): 1:07am On Apr 21, 2016
Maxi112:
prove
U will be tired whn proves start dropping
Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by mubarak001(m): 1:08am On Apr 21, 2016
lofty900:
Cultism everywhere
Wts d relationship?
Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by mubarak001(m): 1:09am On Apr 21, 2016
Chriswazo:
Wrong assertion, wrong section. Show proves!

Mr Perfect assertion/section...welldone
Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by mubarak001(m): 1:10am On Apr 21, 2016
Mrbigman1:
As for road network, and drainage, ph lack it totally but do u think about the size relative to the population?

Ph remain the best in the South-south.

Have u been to warri or recent?

Dnt ever think of coming here.

That's why I respect the architectural design they used in building Onithsa, if not, u wouldn't see space

Describing PH as d best in south south is an error...have you been to Aks?
Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by mubarak001(m): 1:17am On Apr 21, 2016
firstking01:
You are a pathelogical liar opundecided...i was born and bred in ph, inshort i 've lived all my life in ph...when last did you visit rumoumasi...what of ikwerre road?...town nko...elekahia?, what of woji and trans slaughter .

TeamGardenCity...

Clap for ursef...it shows ur luv for d so called PH, I will come bk to highlight factors/features that qualify a place to be calld a city.

Needless to say ve been to all dos places u mentioned and am actually living in one of d areas...am sure u ve nt stayed in Lagos b4, having spent/spend 25yrs in PH. Its glaring.
Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by mubarak001(m): 1:18am On Apr 21, 2016
Chuksyd1:
It is your village that deserves to be called a city, right? Mtchww.

Choi! Calm down nah...its my opinion!
Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by Maximillian1: 1:33am On Apr 21, 2016
mubarak001:
The following reasons are not limited to why PH should not be called city;

1. PH is dirty; this is evident in such a manner debris are left unattended to all over the places.
2. PH has no proper drainage except for few areas like GRA
3. Flood: It will amaze you the level of flood this so called city experience along the major roads causing bottlenecks.
4. Absent of Street light in major areas
5. Road network is zero

You can add yours!
go back to your geography textbook(if u have one) and look for the definition of a city

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by firstking01(m): 6:09am On Apr 21, 2016
mubarak001:

Clap for ursef...it shows ur luv for d so called PH, I will come bk to highlight factors/features that qualify a place to be calld a city.

Needless to say ve been to all dos places u mentioned and am actually living in one of d areas...am sure u ve nt stayed in Lagos b4, having spent/spend 25yrs in PH. Its glaring.
Bros, topics like this usually makes fp but i'm not surprised why your's didn't...and the reason being that your claims are obviously wrong even the mods know,,,how dare you say ph is not worth to be called a city cos you find yourself in one remote area and you come here to generaliseundecided??...talking about my love for ph?, yes i love ph though i'm not from there...lagos is what it is because it was once the fct of nigeria, but ph was build and developed by the state government...lagos is even losing it's pedegree sefundecided...apart from abuja, lagos and uyo which state again can you compare with ph...and btw, whats your criterias for calling a place a city cos it seems you dnt really know what a city is??...

A whole ph...jesus, this man you smoke ganjaundecided....you have an idea of the indusries that are littered in phundecided??...you don go Onne before?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by Mrbigman1(m): 8:49am On Apr 21, 2016
mubarak001:

Describing PH as d best in south south is an error...have you been to Aks?

Wetin dey AKs? Jb roads and few new upstrings?

It will take em time.
Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 21, 2016
mubarak001:

Wts d relationship?
a city should not have too many cultists grin
Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by mubarak001(m): 9:33am On Apr 21, 2016
firstking01:
Bros, topics like this usually makes fp but i'm not surprised why your's didn't...and the reason being that your claims are obviously wrong even the mods know,,,how dare you say ph is not worth to be called a city cos you find yourself in one remote area and you come here to generaliseundecided??...talking about my love for ph?, yes i love ph though i'm not from there...lagos is what it is because it was once the fct of nigeria, but ph was build and developed by the state government...lagos is even losing it's pedegree sefundecided...apart from abuja, lagos and uyo which state again can you compare with ph...and btw, whats your criterias for calling a place a city cos it seems you dnt really know what a city is??...

A whole ph...jesus, this man you smoke ganjaundecided....you have an idea of the indusries that are littered in phundecided??...you don go Onne before?

Chai...just gif mi time to sort tins out on my table and i will come back to gif you criteria, besides, tell mi one tourist center in PH. Spa is not one remember.
Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by mubarak001(m): 9:36am On Apr 21, 2016
lofty900:
a city should not have too many cultists grin

Eh God...u be clown i swear.
Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by mubarak001(m): 9:37am On Apr 21, 2016
Mrbigman1:

Wetin dey AKs? Jb roads and few new upstrings?

It will take em time.

Its quite obvious you hrd of Aks and ve not been there yourself.
Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by mubarak001(m): 9:41am On Apr 21, 2016
Maximillian1:
go back to your geography textbook(if u have one) and look for the definition of a city

Historical and functional...also side attractions cannot be left out. Can we call Agbara a city becos it is industrialized? Nope!

I think you should do same; peruse ur textbook and come back with premises.
Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by firstking01(m): 10:11am On Apr 21, 2016
mubarak001:

Chai...just gif mi time to sort tins out on my table and i will come back to gif you criteria, besides, tell mi one tourist center in PH. Spa is not one remember.
Nawa oo brosgrin,,,,so, you still dey argue even when i don proof you wronggrin....and i know you wanna go google about ph so you will know the remote areas more....yes, every city has a remote area...i know of ajegunle and some other underdeveloped areas in lagos and abuja...just accept the fact that ph is one of the reknown cities not just in nigeria but africa and the world @large...

Learn from what i 've told you and stop arguing brother.
Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by firstking01(m): 10:12am On Apr 21, 2016
mubarak001:

Nawa oo brosgrin,,,,so, you still dey argue even when i don proof you wronggrin....and i know you wanna go google about ph so you will know the remote areas more....yes, every city has a remote area...i know of ajegunle and some other underdeveloped areas in lagos and abuja...just accept the fact that ph is one of the reknown cities not just in nigeria but africa and the world @large...for the tourist centres, we have porthacourt tourist beach,,,we have the zoo,,,,we have silverbird cinemars and etc....

Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by PoundspassDolla(m): 10:20am On Apr 21, 2016
firstking01:
You are a pathelogical liar opundecided...i was born and bred in ph, inshort i 've lived all my life in ph...when last did you visit rumoumasi...what of ikwerre road?...town nko...elekahia?, what of woji and trans slaughter road?....what of trans amadi industrial lay out?....what of amadi ama?...what of standium road...this cyber space cnt contain them if i wanna start outlining the areas and districts that has a waste control management team and the flood lights are working every night....ph is never a dirty place...it's just that people no dey hear word..RIWAMA...river state waste management agency have told people to dispose their dirts in the dirt van between the hours of 6pm-12am, yet people still abrogate this law and disperse dirts anyhow...

Maybe you need to change your location...not the ph i've lived for more than 25years and still counting...inshort, when was the last time you visited Dlineundecided, not to talk of agree road closed to government house, have you seen the new shopping spar by government housecheesy??, you need to visit there...

TeamGardenCity...
I disagree with with you Bro,I may not have visited other states to compare, but port Harcourt been the third major city in Nigeria in terms of beauty don't deserve that slot,when you to go to Akwa Ibom(uyo)you will cover your face with your hands in shame,how many of the roads that is standard in ph can compare with the ones in uyo,even the street lights,from govt house down to eleme junction,are they even steady? Not to talk of beauty and relaxation,no were for the fun seekers,only the cinemas,the film house,Genesis abi na silver bird which is almost fading away on like before,I cinema at stadium Road has close shop since 4yrs ago,no beach,only casablanca joint, some club houses almost all in GRA,hotels, nothing else,and our cherish nkwobi center,isi awu bar joint and football sport centre fill the "BEAUTIFUL" garden city ......SMH
Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by firstking01(m): 11:05am On Apr 21, 2016
PoundspassDolla:
I disagree with with you Bro,I may not have visited other states to compare, but port Harcourt been the third major city in Nigeria in terms of beauty don't deserve that slot,when you to go to Akwa Ibom(uyo)you will cover your face with your hands in shame,how many of the roads that is standard in ph can compare with the ones in uyo,even the street lights,from govt house down to eleme junction,are they even steady? Not to talk of beauty and relaxation,no were for the fun seekers,only the cinemas,the film house,Genesis abi na silver bird which is almost fading away on like before,I cinema at stadium Road has close shop since 4yrs ago,no beach,only casablanca joint, some club houses almost all in GRA,hotels, nothing else,and our cherish nkwobi center,isi awu bar joint and football sport centre fill the "BEAUTIFUL" garden city ......SMH
I also beg to disconcur with all your assertions cos for a place to be called a city is not just limited to enjoyment bouquets...yeah, for sometimes now most of the street/floodlights ain't functioning cos of some selfish and greedy individuals that they appointed to be powering and servicing the plant that will be generating the lights, the idiots will siphon the money that is supposed to be used for servicing and maintaining the plant for his own personal useundecided...

I'm from akwa ibom but i'm more like an indigen in river state...the problem with is that, the indigens mumu no be small....they can sell their birthright just for any amount of money...they dnt like themselves...even the poiticians here are way too corrupt, and that's why they cnt maintain the basic infrastructures...it's only the visitors making ph what it is @the moment...ph is a fantastic place to dwell and pitch your habitat trust me...the major problem is, there's usually NO renewal or maintainance of the infrastructures....Uyo wher i'm from is fine, even finer than ph, but ph has pedegree and weight more than Uyo, i'm sure you understand what i mean...it will take the government of akwa ibom to unsigned that agreement with mobile in eket before Uyo can match with ph...
Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by PoundspassDolla(m): 1:15pm On Apr 21, 2016
firstking01:
I also beg to disconcur with all your assertions cos for a place to be called a city is not just limited to enjoyment bouquets...yeah, for sometimes now most of the street/floodlights ain't functioning cos of some selfish and greedy individuals that they appointed to be powering and servicing the plant that will be generating the lights, the idiots will siphon the money that is supposed to be used for servicing and maintaining the plant for his own personal useundecided...

I'm from akwa ibom but i'm more like an indigen in river state...the problem with is that, the indigens mumu no be small....they can sell their birthright just for any amount of money...they dnt like themselves...even the poiticians here are way too corrupt, and that's why they cnt maintain the basic infrastructures...it's only the visitors making ph what it is @the moment...ph is a fantastic place to dwell and pitch your habitat trust me...the major problem is, there's usually NO renewal or maintainance of the infrastructures....Uyo wher i'm from is fine, even finer than ph, but ph has pedegree and weight more than Uyo, i'm sure you understand what i mean...it will take the government of akwa ibom to unsigned that agreement with mobile in eket before Uyo can match with ph...
we are almost at the same page here Bro,I was born and bred here in PH,yes you made some vital point too,the indigens are too proud of themselves,whilst the corrupt politicians keep fighting themselves to know who is more corrupt than the other...... But that does not signify a city state,all I can say is that ph is still living on it past glory simple.
Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by mubarak001(m): 4:22pm On Apr 21, 2016
firstking01:
Nawa oo brosgrin,,,,so, you still dey argue even when i don proof you wronggrin....and i know you wanna go google about ph so you will know the remote areas more....yes, every city has a remote area...i know of ajegunle and some other underdeveloped areas in lagos and abuja...just accept the fact that ph is one of the reknown cities not just in nigeria but africa and the world @large...for the tourist centres, we have porthacourt tourist beach,,,we have the zoo,,,,we have silverbird cinemars and etc....

Why should I google when i can take pictures of all those areas u mentioned for evidence sake. Besides, no need to join words with you, Its my opinion that i aired on NL, it could be a poo to you, but of cos, it is a gospel truth. I will try to move round this wkend God help mi to tk shots and revert. I know you will still come back to defend ur PH...so bro, welldone.
Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by mubarak001(m): 4:25pm On Apr 21, 2016
PoundspassDolla:
we are almost at the same page here Bro,I was born and bred here in PH,yes you made some vital point too,the indigens are too proud of themselves,whilst the corrupt politicians keep fighting themselves to know who is more corrupt than the other...... But that does not signify a city state,all I can say is that ph is still living on it past glory simple.

I still dey find d page u guys stand-on...i neva c.

All gud anyways. grin
Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by mubarak001(m): 4:44pm On Apr 21, 2016
Bros, topics like this usually makes fp but i'm not surprised why your's didn't...

Bros, who cares about fp? I dont! tongue
Re: 5 Reasons Port Harcourt Is Not Qualify To Be Called A City by firstking01(m): 8:57am On Apr 22, 2016
mubarak001:

Why should I google when i can take pictures of all those areas u mentioned for evidence sake. Besides, no need to join words with you, Its my opinion that i aired on NL, it could be a poo to you, but of cos, it is a gospel truth. I will try to move round this wkend God help mi to tk shots and revert. I know you will still come back to defend ur PH...so bro, welldone.
Like i said, every city has a remote area...i know you will go to the remote areas and take a shot which does not justify the fact that ph is not a city...

(1) (Reply)

Make Men Take Responsibility Of The Pregnancy / Too Much! See Cossy Orjiakor’s Sexy “cossy Dress” To Startimes Vchannel (photo) / The Things I Wish I Was Told About Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.