Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,203 members, 7,839,098 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution (4074 Views)

Nigeria Needs A Revolution - Pastor Tunde Bakare / SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) / A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by bawomolo(m): 11:24pm On Aug 17, 2009
asha 80:

Whoever wants to involve in a revolution in nigeria make sure you focus on people from your ethnic group and not outside.

why?
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by asha80(m): 11:33pm On Aug 17, 2009
bawomolo:

why?

I think you know nigeria"s history.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Beaf: 2:30am On Aug 18, 2009
Isn't there a revolution already in ND? There are such vast gaps between Nigerian ethnic groups and regions that a revolution that will cover the country is impossible (except by military coup).
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by otokx(m): 4:08am On Aug 18, 2009
not yet; a lot of us still worship corruption.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by ezeagu(m): 5:09am On Aug 18, 2009
The revolution is already taking place and being planned, don't use the kids on nairaland as a sign of what's happening on ground in Nigeria.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by manmustwac(m): 8:22am On Aug 18, 2009
The masses would rather go thier massive church conventions and pray to god to come down from heaven and sortout nigeria's problems for them. When u ask any nigerian how thier coping, they will say na god oh. Ask them who go solve the country's problems they will say everything dey gods hands etc etc.

So in my opinion nigeria willl never be ready for a revolution.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Kobojunkie: 9:20am On Aug 18, 2009
asha 80:

Whoever wants to involve in a revolution in nigeria make sure you focus on people from your ethnic group and not outside.

What history? Please, can we loose the sentimental BULLCRAP and focus on facts for once in our lives? Nigeria has NEVER had GENUINE revolution. What it has had has been ethnic violence, and religious BS instigated mostly by people looking to get for themselves more control at the end of the day.

If Nigeria were finally ready for a revolution, ethnicity would be locked off somewhere for it to succeed. Ever wonder why the rich seem to be getting richer and the poor getting poorer? Because the rich have come to understand that in order to keep the poor in their place. All they seem to hav to do is throw the ETHNICITY/RELIGION BONE to the poor, every time they try to get out of order, and the poor take the bait like 99% of the time. How else do you think a country with over 140 million fairly educated people would be slaves to less than a million thieves and corrupt buffoons? You have RACISTS masquerading as freedom fighters and people swallowing it up without realizing this is another specialized brand of the same old.

Keep biting down on that bone, I just hope it has marrow enough for your soul to continue to be content with!
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by asha80(m): 10:10am On Aug 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

What history? Please, can we loose the sentimental BULLCRAP and focus on facts for once in our lives? Nigeria has NEVER had GENUINE revolution. What it has had has been ethnic violence, and religious BS instigated mostly by people looking to get for themselves more control at the end of the day.

If Nigeria were finally ready for a revolution, ethnicity would be locked off somewhere for it to succeed. Ever wonder why the rich seem to be getting richer and the poor getting poorer? Because the rich have come to understand that in order to keep the poor in their place. All they seem to hav to do is throw the ETHNICITY/RELIGION BONE to the poor, every time they try to get out of order, and the poor take the bait like 99% of the time. How else do you think a country with over 140 million fairly educated people would be slaves to less than a million thieves and corrupt buffoons? You have RACISTS masquerading as freedom fighters and people swallowing it up without realizing this is another specialized brand of the same old.

Keep biting down on that bone, I just hope it has marrow enough for your soul to continue to be content with!

It is better to face reality and know how to work around it than to believe that all of a sudden people will change their orientation overnight.The people in government use religion and ethnicity to control the minds of the people to appeal to them and in turn loot their collective wealth.How do you think these people who their minds have been brainwashed will just change overnight?

We had the 1966 coup and it was termed an igbo coup though it was a quite flawed.

We had the 1992 abiola elections and the annulment and struggle that followed and before you know it people started seeing it as a yoruba struggle.Whether abiola would have made a good president is an discussion.

Let me not even talk about the mend issue.

You are talking about there has never been a genuine struggle or revolution.How can there be when people still have these primordial tendencies in them?I personally like facing the reality of the situation and see another way to suggest how the revolution can be done rather than thinking all the people in nigeria will all agree on revolution the same way.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Kobojunkie: 10:14am On Aug 18, 2009
Your reality is RACISM is the order of the day? How far has that gotten us? We have been playing the RACISM is the order of the day since 1966 and look where we are over 40 years later. Considering the rest of the world has been able to, in the same time,significantly change their perception and reality as result, what good has your proclaimed reality, and resistance of change, done for you and your people? Let alone your race as a whole?

Why does it seem that it is only with Africans you find minds too obstinate and resistant to positive change, even when it is clear it is for their best? Why are we too proud to accept that no one else has failed us but self? Many are here pointing accusing fingers at those from other tribes for the disgusting state of things in their own land. Yet record after record shows that their own had hands deep in the destruction and the pillaging. When do we open our eyes to truth? When do we accept our pride is vanity?
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by chukxy44(m): 10:23am On Aug 18, 2009
ezeagu:

The revolution is already taking place and being planned, don't use the kids on nairaland as a sign of what's happening on ground in Nigeria.

A frnd made a similar statement yesterday.  Even if we do not get our ass together atlest they are preparing and anticpating for the worst https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-310719.0.html

If we were poorly funded then we culd hopeful wait and pray dat one day tins would get better, if we had no lands, no resources,no educated youth we would wait till our kids grow up and make the world a better place, we would wait for an evolution but the facts is we are fully grown but lack Leaders with a sense of direction. Change is inevitable.
Someone once said that we should gather the bandwangons together and light the fire, thats a persoanlly view. another said we should all close down how business and leaveour offices  for just one week and walk the streets of nigerian protesting, dats another personal opion no matter which school of tot u belong to the bottom line is tins have to change.
The bold question is how many of us are ready https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-311042.0.html
ofcourse nigerians would also belive somebody else would call the police in an emagency, someone somewere would do that tin we do not have time or wish to do. Nigeria as a state is Jobless,corrupt, abused and oppresseds, out of school, and in a national Darkness.Nigeria is ready but are Nigerians tired and need a change?
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by asha80(m): 10:29am On Aug 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Your reality is RACISM is the order of the day? How far has that gotten us? We have been playing the RACISM is the order of the day since 1966 and look where we are over 40 years later. Considering the rest of the world has been able to, in the same time,significantly change their perception and reality as result, what good has your proclaimed reality, and resistance of change, done for you and your people? Let alone your race as a whole?

Why does it seem that it is only with Africans you find minds too obstinate and resistant to change, even when it is clear it is for their best?

That is why people have to pragmatic about these thing in africa.It is not something you can wish away.You can loathe it all you want but that is the reality.Whether it is a blackman disease i do not know.

From your post i understand that you want people to change the attitude overnight.Well to enforce the kind of change you are looking for it has to be done with brute force especially when it comes to something like revolution.

Apart from ethnicity and tribalism i do not even want to talk about the effect of islam and christianity in nigeria and africa as a whole.Let me talk of christianity as this is a fast growing industry in nigeria.You see people with phd and masters in whatever still believing we should leave everything to God.What kind of thinking is that?
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by redsun(m): 10:39am On Aug 18, 2009
The revolution of the mind is what Africa needs,the mind as it is now is negative.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Kobojunkie: 10:43am On Aug 18, 2009
asha 80:

That is why people have to pragmatic about these thing in africa.It is not something you can wish away.You can loathe it all you want but that is the reality.Whether it is a blackman disease i do not know.

And I answer, again,
We have been playing the RACISM is the order of the day since 1966 and look where we are over 40 years later. Considering the rest of the world has been able to, during the same time, significantly change their perception and reality as result, what good has your proclaimed reality, and resistance of change, done for you and your people? Let alone your race as a whole?

asha 80:

From your post i understand that you want people to change the attitude overnight.Well to enforce the kind of change you are looking for it has to be done with brute force especially when it comes to something like revolution.

Brute force? I cannot believe you posted that. Lol !!! Funny how we now think of ourselves as animals. Yet, we are the same people who cry “Masters were evil”, “the White man was and is evil for using brute force in order to get us to do what we are told”. Roflmao!!! I just find it really funny reconciling the fact that the same group calling for fellow brothers to be treated like animals in order to get them to obey laws and rules would cry foul if the force were coming from a, yes, WHITE MAN. Roflmao!!

I don’t believe people can change overnight that way. But I do believe that the change of yesterday is reflected in the events of today. If a man makes a choice to live better today and is committed to that choice, tomorrow, you will see some of that change in that man.

asha 80:

Apart from ethnicity and tribalism i do not even want to talk about the effect of islam and christianity in nigeria and africa as a whole.Let me talk of christianity as this is a fast growing industry in nigeria.You see people with phd and masters in whatever still believing we should leave everything to God.What kind of thinking is that?
It is one way of looking at the whole but the problem remains. At what point do we get away from doing things, thinking, the same old way that has yet to help us, to doing things differently? We know hard work pays – those of us in the west only need to look out the window to see this. Why are we not borrowing these ideas and using them in our own lives? In our own country?
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by IFELEKE(m): 10:45am On Aug 18, 2009
asha 80:

Now that is what we all need to get rid of.
asha,
do you think this country can move forward if you and i refuse to come out of our tribal shell? of our ethnic confort zone?
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by asha80(m): 10:59am On Aug 18, 2009
IFELEKE:

Now that is what we all need to get rid of.
asha,
do you think this country can move forward if you and i refuse to come out of our tribal shell? of our ethnic confort zone?

See guys i want a situation where there woiuld be a massive revolution where i for eg will join my hausa colleagues to go to kano government house and slit the throat of shekarau or the efik guy that grew up in aba to join his city guys there to march to umuahia and burn both orji uzor kalu and theordore orji alive.However is this scenario possible in nigeria?
It is not what you and i think but what is obtainable in the society.

@kobo

If you think a revolution can occur in nigeria as it is now without skulls rolling on the floor then you are a joker.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Kobojunkie: 11:26am On Aug 18, 2009
asha 80:

@kobo

If you think a revolution can occur in nigeria as it is now without skulls rolling on the floor then you are a joker.

Question for you. Why will heads roll? I mean if it is true revolution, why would heads need to roll?
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by asha80(m): 11:31am On Aug 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Question for you. Why will heads roll? I mean if it is true revolution, why would heads need to roll?

Explain what you mean by true revolution in relation to how it can be applied to nigeria?
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by emyah(m): 11:34am On Aug 18, 2009
revaluations or  youth coming together, that's not gonna help Nigeria and it future generations to come ,why because we are not one people that call our self Nigeria our deference's is beyond our human mutual ,acepte you wanna inverting another civil WAR, i all ways said this and i will keep on saying it. there is know president no military president will ever meet up the need of all deference athinice that hide under one umbrella and call them self one nation , we should stop pretending and divide the nation so that every republic will take  care of it people. all the country's that  practices revaluations they are one people and one language. and there was a success.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by emyah(m): 11:43am On Aug 18, 2009
revaluations or youth coming together, that's not gonna help Nigeria and it future generations to come ,why because we are not one people that call our self Nigeria our deference's is beyond our human mutual ,acepte you wanna inverting another civil WAR, i all ways said this and i will keep on saying it. there is know president no military president will ever meet up the need of all deference athnice that hide under one umbrella and call them self one nation , we should stop pretending and divide the nation so that every republic will take care of it people. all the country's that practices revaluations they are one people and one language. and there was a success.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Kobojunkie: 11:51am On Aug 18, 2009
Tribal/religious wars/riots are not revolutions.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by asha80(m): 11:55am On Aug 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Tribal/religious wars/riots are not revolutions.

You have not yet answered how true revolution may be applied to nigeria.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Kobojunkie: 11:58am On Aug 18, 2009
I just did. A true revolution is revolution not for ethnic or religious benefit but for the good of all.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by IFELEKE(m): 12:28pm On Aug 18, 2009
asha 80:

See guys i want a situation where there woiuld be a massive revolution where i for eg will join my hausa colleagues to go to kano government house and slit the throat of shekarau or the efik guy that grew up in aba to join his city guys there to march to umuahia and burn both orji uzor kalu and theordore orji alive.[b]However is this scenario possible in nigeria?[/b]It is not what you and i think but what is obtainable in the society.

Presently it's not but that does not rule it out totally.
a true revolution is a child of necessity and we might not witness it if we fail to reason beyond our ethno-religious divide.
@kobo
I doubt the prospect of a bloodless revolution in Nigeria.
This country is too corrupt and might need some purging if we really want to sanitise it.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by muhsin(m): 12:35pm On Aug 18, 2009
no.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by emyah(m): 12:40pm On Aug 18, 2009
i have been lucky to be in many country and i was able to found out why people love their country, one of it they were able to understand each other in language and shear one culture  and one vision, while in Nigeria is other way round i have to speak a borrow languagefor us to understand each other we have deference culture deference language , vision the only interest we want to share together is naturals minare rs we have
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by bgees(m): 1:20pm On Aug 18, 2009
We need a revolution not just against our leaders, we need to revolt against our corrupt selves .

Believe it or not, Nigeria is corrupt at all levels. The average Nigerian is corrupt so he is just an epitome of our leaders.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Kobojunkie: 2:35pm On Aug 18, 2009
IFELEKE:

Presently it's not but that does not rule it out totally.
a true revolution is a child of necessity and we might not witness it if we fail to reason beyond our ethno-religious divide.
@kobo
I doubt the prospect of a bloodless revolution in Nigeria.
This country is too corrupt and might need some purging if we really want to sanitise it.

Corrupt sure, and bloodless, in my opinion, is possible. Problem is we are decades too late for the BLOODY type of revolution. I mean even south african did well to stare clear of that kind after apartheid, why? Because they knew and still know that it would not have helped the course at all. The minute we allow blood shed,it is bound to get out of hand quickly and before you know it, we are smack dab in the middle of a civil war/tribal war.

We need a revolution, but most importantly, a bloodless one. We saw how things turned in kenya. I bet that whole started as a revolution of some sort but quickly turned into shameful ethnic war that the whole world saw.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Sauron1: 2:55pm On Aug 18, 2009
bgees:

We need a revolution not just against our leaders, we need to revolt against our corrupt selves .

Believe it or not, Nigeria is corrupt at all levels. The average Nigerian is corrupt so he is just an epitome of our leaders.

I have been saying this for ages. . . . .The youths need to rise up in togetherness.
Nigerian youths should put aside tribal differences and chase these animals in agbada away.
It worked in Indonesia and Nepal. . . . .I am 100% sure it will work in Nigeria.
How many can the FG kill? I doubt they will hurt up to 1% of Naija population.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 18, 2009
supreme power rest with the most abandoned , remember the solidarity movement in poland 1989 that brought down the communism,the orange revolution in ukrain , revolution asha80 not ethnic cleancing, the only weapon.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 18, 2009
supreme power rest with the most abandoned , remember the solidarity movement in poland 1989 that brought down the communism,the orange revolution in ukrain , revolution asha80 not ethnic cleancing,  the only weapon.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Kobojunkie: 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2009
emyah:

i have been lucky to be in many country and i was able to found out why people love their country, one of it they were able to understand each other in language and shear one culture  and one vision, while in Nigeria is other way round i have to speak a borrow languagefor us to understand each other we have deference culture deference language , vision the only interest we want to share together is naturals minare rs we have

We don’t even want to share that at all. What are the MAIN goals of groups like MEND, BOKO HARAM, AREWA and MASSOB? Division so they can get their hands on a bigger share. At the end, is any group actually addressing the root problem? No. None of them is busy working on tackling corruption or lack of law and order even within their own bases. Yet, they are up and about shouting from the roof tops that they are being MARGINALIZED and BULLIED by everyone else.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by AjanleKoko: 4:36pm On Aug 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

We don’t even want to share that at all. What are the MAIN goals of groups like MEND and MASSOB? Division so they can their hands on a bigger share. At the end, is any group actually addressing the root problem? No. None of them is busy working on tackling corruption or lack of law and order even without their own bases. Yet,they are up and about shouting from the roof tops that they are being MARGINALIZED and BULLIED by everyone else.

Quite right. Which is why the Enahoros of this world are agitating for a sovereign national conference. Somehow we have to define ground rules for being together as a nation, else we split peacefully. Being together for perpetuity, given the history and antecedents provided by certain events, does not look feasible to me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. / You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN / Photos: Another 1st Made-in-nigeria APC Under President GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.