Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,070 members, 7,838,709 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution (4072 Views)

Nigeria Needs A Revolution - Pastor Tunde Bakare / SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) / A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Fhemmmy: 4:59pm On Aug 19, 2009
DDMoses:

I think this is what we really needs now, Nigeria has ripe for such, all Nigerian leaders should fastening there seatbelt for this, this is the only way out, i have just posted a post tittle: Boko Haram: a call for revolutionm, i suggest you guys should go and read, am ready, lets exonerate this folks who have been eating and languishing our resources at expenses of our living.

What have you got to offer to make this a reality
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by fayahsoul: 5:01pm On Aug 19, 2009
A revolution ought not to be envisioned as an attempt to transform nigeria into a functional democratic nation-state because the motive behind the birthing of this nation-state by the colonials is exactly what we see on the ground today and that is: socio-political upheaval; a precondition for the sustainance of an economy of extraction. In other words, the nigerian situatuion is not an accident rather it is the sole result of the social engineering of a diverse people. Nigeria cannot be reformed it can only be dismantled.

A revolution should be geared towards a forceful implementation of the most suitable political and economic structure for the diverse groups of peoples contained in that geopolitical area called nigeria. Such a social structure would address and accomodate, most importantly, the divergent interests of all gruops invovled. A confederacy of sovereign ethnicities will do the trick.

The people are the resistance
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Fhemmmy: 5:07pm On Aug 19, 2009
The revolution will not end the problem in one day, however, will be a start if done well with good motives
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by IFELEKE(m): 6:00pm On Aug 19, 2009
kobo,
From your last take on the subject matter, you clearly stated the need for a proper revolution which must be devoid of bloodshed and you also acknowledge the fact that it might presently not be possible which is the gospel truth.
Our nation is clearly different from the nations you are referencing and the earlier we realised this, the better for us.
paper and ink revolution won't do we need to back it up with actions which might warrant bloodshed.
Nobody took Jerry serious in Ghana until he backed his words up with action. . .
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Fhemmmy: 6:09pm On Aug 19, 2009
IFELEKE:

kobo,
From your last take on the subject matter, you clearly stated the need for a proper revolution which must be devoid of bloodshed and you also acknowledge the fact that it might presently not be possible which is the gospel truth.
Our nation is clearly different from the nations you are referencing and the earlier we realised this, the better for us.
paper and ink revolution won't do we need to back it up with actions which might warrant bloodshed.
Nobody took Jerry serious in Ghana until he backed his words up with action. . .

true dat, however, jerry couldnt have carried out such in Nigeria, why?
1. He must have told someone and i am sure that someone will sell the info to the highest bidder.
2. All are corrupt in nigeria and none at the helm of power give a hoot
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 19, 2009
Kobojunkie:

What qualifications does one need to call for revolution? What qualifications does not require to call for people to stand up and say enough is enough? I would really love to learn this one.

You can not win a war when you havent learnt the art of war. Many Nigerian are not ready for revolution because they dont know how to confront war when it breaks out.
And not many Nigerians will learn what war is because No one is ready for a revolution.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Fhemmmy: 6:12pm On Aug 19, 2009
babaearly:

You can not win a war when you havent learnt the art of war. Many Nigerian are not ready for revolution because they dont know how to confront war when it breaks out.
And not many Nigerians will learn what war is because No one is ready for a revolution.

so what is the way forward, if there is any?
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 19, 2009
Fhemmmy:

true dat, however, jerry couldnt have carried out such in Nigeria, why?
1. He must have told someone and i am sure that someone will sell the info to the highest bidder.
2. All are corrupt in nigeria and none at the helm of power give a hoot

Thats the real thing. Nigerians fail to know we got a common attitude wether you like it or not we have a comfort zone mentality. We got people praying for a revolution,even U.S got them too but the more we keep growing the less we see in a revolution.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 19, 2009
Fhemmmy:

so what is the way forward, if there is any?

The way forward is we stop going backwards calling for a revolution. If we were calling for an Economic Revolution, that makes much sense right? Lets look at the developments we have made thus far at least, and try to do something with ourselves.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Fhemmmy: 6:37pm On Aug 19, 2009
babaearly:

Thats the real thing. Nigerians fail to know we got a common attitude wether you like it or not we have a comfort zone mentality. We got people praying for a revolution,even U.S got them too but the more we keep growing the less we see in a revolution.

Agreed with u on that one, however, i disagree with the other, cos i am yet to see any development since we independence
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by sjeezy8: 8:32pm On Aug 19, 2009
Revolution needs to be politics and the southwest need to stop being dumb and the south east need to stop sleeping and the south south need to stop blowing shit up
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by sjeezy8: 8:35pm On Aug 19, 2009
US's revolution and change recently was obama, every1 realised they weren't happy under the republicans so the joined together and voted for a democrat.

Even republicans voted for Obama, Nigerians need to see that they are not happy and need vote for another party cause pdp aint working out
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Fhemmmy: 8:51pm On Aug 19, 2009
In America, vote counts.
In Nigeria it is by appointment
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by sjeezy8: 8:59pm On Aug 19, 2009
^^^^ True but if everyone continues like that everyone will lose

The North pdp is not that smart, its just the south is so fuckin dumb
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by fayahsoul: 10:14pm On Aug 19, 2009
Even in the US vote does not count. The presidential candidates being voted for are all pre-selected by corporatists who run things. There is a huge difference between representative democracy and direct democracy.

Economics is an expression of politics. . .Get the political structure right and the economics will follow.

nigeria as a political union is unworkable. It was created forcefully and therefore requires brute force to sustain it. So only brute force must be used to right this monumental mistake we call nigeria
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Kobojunkie: 10:16pm On Aug 19, 2009
IFELEKE:

kobo,

It is not going to be all that can be done but it can lay the foundation for complete change to be had in the future. And yes, it is possible NOW.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Ehoi: 5:04am On Aug 20, 2009
Revolution started more than 15 years ago but some people still don't know it. Revolution is like a ship or a tooth. There is a larger part underneath that cannot be seen. To be precise, the revolution started when the niger delta militants started importing arms for their struggle. Seems its only now the people of the southwest are realising there is a major problem with the nigeria project.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by KnowAll(m): 9:40am On Aug 20, 2009
@ Kobojunkie

You do not need to align yourself with a particular group. You only need to start right where you are.

You mean like Boko Haram, no matter how good or bad their intention was, they were starting a sort of revolution, they were resisting and fighting a feudal system that has become the bane of Northern Nigeria society and to some extent Southern Nigeria too.

Did they achieve their goal, you can say that again, they got slaughtered in an orgy of frenzied debauchery never seen since the days of Stalin in Russia.

Are the money men who bankrolled all this mayhem still alive today, I bet they are not only enjoying their carveir fish dinner they are also enjoying the most un-imaginable orgy with their numerous harem.

The days of Che Guevera are gone for good, who incidentally died doing the only thing he knew best. To embark on armed struggle is to embark on a suicidal mission in today’s world. 
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Kobojunkie: 11:46am On Aug 20, 2009
KnowAll:

@ Kobojunkie

You do not need to align yourself with a particular group. You only need to start right where you are.

You mean like Boko Haram, no matter how good or bad their intention was, they were starting a sort of revolution, they were resisting and fighting a feudal system that has become the bane of Northern Nigeria society and to some extent Southern Nigeria too.

Did they achieve their goal, you can say that again, they got slaughtered in an orgy of frenzied debauchery never seen since the days of Stalin in Russia.

Are the money men who bankrolled all this mayhem still alive today, I bet they are not only enjoying their carveir fish dinner they are also enjoying the most un-imaginable orgy with their numerous harem.

The days of Che Guevera are gone for good, who incidentally died doing the only thing he knew best. To embark on armed struggle is to embark on a suicidal mission in today’s world.

Again, if what you term REVOLUTION is some violent attack of the system, then we are definitely not on the same page here. Sure, Boko Haram were in some way fighting a revolution of their own. They chose to BREAK THE LAW in getting their goal and also choose to Push to IMPOSE their ideas on he people. If you do not see the difference between that and what I have been saying so far, then may I suggest you ask me what exactly I am speaking of here. REVOLUTIONS do not have to include GUNS, RIOTS, and VIOLENCE. There have been so many SILENT REVOLUTIONS recorded in history.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Beaf: 11:57am On Aug 20, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Again, if what you term REVOLUTION is some violent attack of the system, then we are definitely not on the same page here. Sure, Boko Haram were in some way fighting a revolution of their own. They chose to BREAK THE LAW in getting their goal and also choose to Push to IMPOSE their ideas on he people. If you do not see the difference between that and what I have been saying so far, then may I suggest you ask me what exactly I am speaking of here. REVOLUTIONS do not have to include GUNS, RIOTS, and VIOLENCE. There have been so many SILENT REVOLUTIONS recorded in history.

All revolutions break the law. Infact, they overturn it to create new realities. A "silent revolution" is nonsense.

"A revolution (from the Latin revolutio, "a turn around"wink is a fundamental change in power or organizational structures that takes place in a relatively short period of time. Aristotle described two types of political revolution:

Complete change from one constitution to another
Modification of an existing constitution.[1]
Revolutions have occurred through human history and vary widely in terms of methods, duration, and motivating ideology. Their results include major changes in culture, economy, and socio-political institutions"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Kobojunkie: 12:04pm On Aug 20, 2009
All Revolutions Break the law? Do you proof for this statement at all? Your post above even explains to you that revolutions are not necessarily all ILLEGAL acts, yet you want to make that conclusion how? By the way, Silent revolutions are nonsense yet they have greatly shaped the world into what it is today?
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by KnowAll(m): 12:04pm On Aug 20, 2009

What I am taking you on is the word " You only need to start right where you are " , how do you acheive that without alighing yourself with moderates and voices of reasons in major and present political groupings. There is a saying " tree cannot make a forest" you have to alighn yourself to like minded people or you meet you waterloo like Boko Haram people.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Kobojunkie: 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2009
KnowAll:

What I am taking you on is the word " You only need to start right where you are " , how do you acheive that without alighing yourself with moderates and voices of reasons in major and present political groupings. There is a saying " tree cannot make a forest" you have to alighn yourself to like minded people or you meet you waterloo like Boko Haram people.

The Ibo man currently in Ibo land does not have to go out to the moderate fulani's to start change in his own local government in Ibo land. he can start right where he is.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by KnowAll(m): 12:30pm On Aug 20, 2009
The Ibo man currently in Ibo land does not have to go out to the moderate fulani's to start change in his own local government in Ibo land. he can start right where he is.

The ibo man currently in iboland will align himself with voices of reasons and moderates in Igboland who are already in the political system, who in turn are already in contact or alighned with their Hausa / Fulani counterpart. It will be foolhardy to think a man will walk off the street and aspire to the highest office in the land without a fight or political Horse Trading.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Kobojunkie: 2:16pm On Aug 20, 2009
Dude, I am quite sure at this point that you understand what I have been saying all this while, only that you are trying to argue for no reason. Believe what you want and I stand by what I posted. NOt sure why you find it hard to accept what I mean as it is posted.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by CrudeOil2(m): 2:26pm On Aug 20, 2009
Nigerians love talking. All they do is talk, talk and talk.
Kudos to you all.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Kobojunkie: 2:34pm On Aug 20, 2009
Crude Oil:

Nigerians love talking. All they do is talk, talk and talk.
Kudos to you all.

Granted, there are those who like to talk all day, but some of us are just here looking for like-minded folks who are ACTUALLY READY for change to step out with us, and start somewhere. Are you one of those? Or are you just here yourself to TALK?
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by IFELEKE(m): 3:56pm On Aug 20, 2009
Kobo,
It's no use trashing it out, as i said earlier, it will be watered down to mere tribal/religious rantings.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On Aug 20, 2009
IFELEKE:

Kobo,
It's no use trashing it out, as i said earlier, it will be watered down to mere tribal/religious rantings.

Let me break it down for you like this

a) The Situation in Nigeria today is TOO VOLATILE for one to expect a REVOLUTION of the kind where you have people marching out against the government to demand rights and so as much as I believe this might help, I will be one to admit that I am not sure we are ready for it. Reason being that we seem more blood thirsty now than ever and have more people out there who will readily turn such a gathering into an opportunity to seek revenge on members of other groups present within the gathering.

b) Considering the above, I don’t think a violent REVOLUTION will do us any good either because the minute you decide on that, the people are bound to turn their guns/machetes etc against each other and in the end, you will have a blood bath and nothing meaningful in the way of change. Definitely lives will be lost for nothing at all

c) The politicians we have today seem to have the majority wrapped around their fingers. All Akala needs to do is shout racism/tribalism and you will see folks, even here in nairaland bite and run to fight against the hausa’s or ibos without thinking why.

d) Calling instead for folks to start considering working to at least build the foundation for a revolution, a non-violent revolution seems the most reasonable way to go about this. We claim we are ready for change. For this to happen, you do not need the masses on your side but a small percentage of serious minded individuals to help fuel and make this happen. You do not even need politicians on your side but ordinary Nigerians who are willing and able to get their part done for the greater good.

Simple things like getting records on the many politicians and collating these for future suits against these individuals is a place to start. We have lawyers, and investigators who can dedicate some of their time to building cases against these individuals and collecting evidence before they are disposed of by these money hungry and evil goons who will likely do all they can to destroy it once they see the end is near.

We have people on the inside( who currently work in government offices) and can help collect videos of illegal transactions and recordings to help nail these people, if and when we get to where things have simmered down to the point that we know we are ready to go all out against these polistealants. This can be done at a regional and state level and discretely. Data can be transmitted to organizations outside of the country for security. We need people to start doing some accounting work to figure out who took what and where that money went so we can nail them good. Even if we need to go after their family too, make we do am.

Simple things like going out to educate people on their rights in a democracy and why it is in their interest to stop listening to all the bad news and stand up as one to clean up the mess, will go a long way in ensuring that when we have numbers on our side, we will better use it for our good.

[size=14pt]et cetera, et cetera!!![/size]
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by kumaino(f): 4:34pm On Aug 20, 2009
kobo i like ur write up.i need more of ur type.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by C2H5OH(f): 10:15pm On Aug 20, 2009
You boys are so thirsty for a revolution.   Are you ready to face the grand scale massacre that would ensue?
These small scale horrible killings that you are witnessing won't compare to the bloodshed that will breakout if this proposed revolution begins to shape up.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by CrudeOil2(m): 10:56am On Aug 21, 2009
A revolution would never happen in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! / For Those That Love Nigeria: Beware Of These Dangerous Men! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.