Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,092 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution (4073 Views)

Nigeria Needs A Revolution - Pastor Tunde Bakare / SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) / A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Aug 18, 2009
AjanleKoko:

Quite right. Which is why the Enahoros of this world are agitating for a sovereign national conference. Somehow we have to define ground rules for being together as a nation, else we split peacefully. Being together for perpetuity, given the history and antecedents provided by certain events, does not look feasible to me.

Split Peacefully? hahahahaha !!!!

These dreamers !!! ooo, You have not been able to make an attempt to live in peace, you want to SPLIT in peace??
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by ezeagu(m): 4:58pm On Aug 18, 2009
No peaceful split? Civil war it is then. . . . . . . . . And I can assure everyone that this war would cause a stalemate, then we will split peacefully after the North knows the game is over. Those are the guys keeping us together.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by tarano: 5:51pm On Aug 18, 2009
I prefer a Green  Democratic Revolution, let's start with elected officials in the local government level, if we become successful say win 75% of all Local Government election, Then we know we have a base and populace support for an all-out revolution,
If the masses do not care about who becomes their council men and women, then I do not feel they are really bothered who becomes their governor or President,

That is my take start small,
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by nex(m): 6:19pm On Aug 18, 2009
You all see why we need time to plan a revolution?

Some people mistake it that we're planning genocide. How can I engage in a revolution when my comrades are going to be slaughtering downtrodden people of other tribes instead of bringing down necrocracy.

As regards a bloodless coup, in Nigeria of today, it can't be done.

Due to foreign influence and interests in Nigeria. The will want the revolution to last forever.

At an average, 30% of the population will die. Not just directly from the violence, but from starvation, disease and contamination which would be caused by decaying dead bodies, transportation hazards that will engulf people fleeing (sinking ferries, crashing planes, cars and lorries). Not to mention those that will be killed in confrontation.

We need a revolution, but it has to be planned. It has to be structured and it has to be timed. People like asha80 have to be re-oriented that revolution doesn't mean tribal war or ethnic cleansing. They have to be reminded that there will be no looking back. Nothing like "but e been dey share the money" or "na my inlaw brother wife".

Before we get to the stage of the revolution, we must be sure that's what we want to do because once you get people like me activated, the job must be completed.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Kobojunkie: 7:02pm On Aug 18, 2009
tarano:

I prefer a Green Democratic Revolution, let's start with elected officials in the local government level, if we become successful say win 75% of all Local Government election, Then we know we have a base and populace support for an all-out revolution,
If the masses do not care about who becomes their council men and women, then I do not feel they are really bothered who becomes their governor or President,

That is my take start small,

Arrgh!!! Your idea of a Revolution is having “YOUR” own people run for office, n kwa? Lol . Are you kidding me? Do you know how many “GREEN” movements of the sort we have had to date? Do you think we only got to this point by not electing OUR OWN into office?
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Onlytruth(m): 7:03pm On Aug 18, 2009
nex:

You all see why we need time to plan a revolution?

Some people mistake it that we're planning genocide. How can I engage in a revolution when my comrades are going to be slaughtering downtrodden people of other tribes instead of bringing down necrocracy.

As regards a bloodless coup, in Nigeria of today, it can't be done.

Due to foreign influence and interests in Nigeria. The will want the revolution to last forever.

At an average, 30% of the population will die. Not just directly from the violence, but from starvation, disease and contamination which would be caused by decaying dead bodies, transportation hazards that will engulf people fleeing (sinking ferries, crashing planes, cars and lorries). Not to mention those that will be killed in confrontation.

We need a revolution, but it has to be planned. It has to be structured and it has to be timed. People like asha80 have to be re-oriented that revolution doesn't mean tribal war or ethnic cleansing. They have to be reminded that there will be no looking back. Nothing like "but e been dey share the money" or "na my inlaw brother wife".

Before we get to the stage of the revolution, we must be sure that's what we want to do because once you get people like me activated, the job must be completed.

Do you realize how idiotic this sounds MEND attacked Atlas Cove (a federal facility in Lagos), Yorubas are still raking! grin
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by tarano: 7:31pm On Aug 18, 2009
Well my idea revolution is a civil type because it is civil it will take more time to develop but when it does reach full capacity it will destroy all structures that are inimical to the progress of Nigeria, There will be no going back,
I believe it can happen in Nigeria.
Read about the American revolution and you would understand what I am talking about or French revolution,
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by qblaze(m): 7:31pm On Aug 18, 2009
I'm ready for the revolution!!! Join me.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by slinkky(m): 7:44pm On Aug 18, 2009
just what sort of revolution are you talking about, a bloody one that involves the use of arms and human lives or an ideological revolution?
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by tarano: 8:00pm On Aug 18, 2009
A combination of both, a strong community content
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Beaf: 10:34pm On Aug 18, 2009
Nigeria is the most ethnically diverse country in the World. Ethnic diversity has been proven over and over to be enimical to growth and development. We have not even been able to perform the most basic prerequisite by holding a national conference and yet we are here talking "revolution". Una tink say na frying akara?
There seems to be no alternative. Nigeria will split violently in the near future, that will be the revolution.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Sauron1: 10:42pm On Aug 18, 2009
Beaf:

Nigeria is the most ethnically diverse country in the World. Ethnic diversity has been proven over and over to be enimical to growth and development. We have not even been able to perform the most basic prerequisite by holding a national conference and yet we are here talking "revolution". Una tink say na frying akara?
There seems to be no alternative. Nigeria will split violently in the near future, that will be the revolution.

Wrong information. . . . . .Indonesia takes the cake.

In 1998, the people of Indonesia rose against Suharto and he had to retire as the President.
Ethnic diversity has nothing to do with revolution. . . .Of course, people will die but Nigerians should not think about themselves. They should think about the future of the coming generation. After all, people die everyday from the strife, famine and the abject poverty in Nigeria.
We should copy Indonesia, force these criminals we call Politicians out of the office and start all over again.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by fayahsoul: 11:53pm On Aug 18, 2009
Posted by alias64

We’re not ready for a revolution because we don’t have a united populace.

Besides even if in future we became united enough for one, we would be pretty stupid people if that revolution was based on any of the type from abroad.

The western and eastern societies aren’t what we should aim for. Electricity and paved roads are not all that it is cracked up to be. In many ways, the chaotic or rural life of a Nigerian is far richer and healthier than that of an average American or British person.

Oh thank goodness!! I thought i was a lonely voice in the wilderness.

Black people stop copying other people and do u! geez
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Beaf: 12:15am On Aug 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

Wrong information. . . . . .Indonesia takes the cake.

In 1998, the people of Indonesia rose against Suharto and he had to retire as the President.
Ethnic diversity has nothing to do with revolution. . . .Of course, people will die but Nigerians should not think about themselves. They should think about the future of the coming generation. After all, people die everyday from the strife, famine and the abject poverty in Nigeria.
We should copy Indonesia, force these criminals we call Politicians out of the office and start all over again.

Wrong. Javanese comprise 42% of their population, the next biggest groups are Sundanese 14%, Madurese 7.5% and Malays 7.5%. Naturally the Javanese run things and no othnic group is big enough to challenge them.
Anyway what about their war in Aceh?

Compare with Nigeria; Hausa ~20%, Igbo ~20%, Yoruba ~20%
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Sauron1: 12:41am On Aug 19, 2009
Beaf:

Wrong. Javanese comprise 42% of their population, the next biggest groups are Sundanese 14%, Madurese 7.5% and Malays 7.5%. Naturally the Javanese run things and no othnic group is big enough to challenge them.

What has the dominance of Javanese gotta do with your misinformation. . . . .
There are more than 220 million people in Indonesia, 300 distinct native ethnicities and 742 different languages,
Which of this data is not higher than what Nigeria has got? If Indonesia can do it, Nigeria can do it.
Letz stop hiding behind religion and tribal differences to make a change. Indonesia is bigger than Nigeria and they made a change.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by manmustwac(m): 12:55am On Aug 19, 2009
@post
No we're not ready for a revolution unless its a typing revolution coz thats all we ever do.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by ezeagu(m): 1:32am On Aug 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

What has the dominance of Javanese gotta do with your misinformation. . . . .
There are more than 220 million people in Indonesia, 300 distinct native ethnicities and 742 different languages,
Which of this data is not higher than what Nigeria has got? If Indonesia can do it, Nigeria can do it.
Letz stop hiding behind religion and tribal differences to make a change. Indonesia is bigger than Nigeria and they made a change.

Nigeria was created to spite us.

Can you imagine letting Oyo, Benin AND the troublesome Igbo have soveriegn states? Europe would have/had serious competition and they had to fix that, that is why the most valuable African art pieces in the British museum, and their only bronzes (Obviously stolen) where ransacked from these states, this happened less than 120 years ago.

In summary Nigeria is not/was not meant to be a nation.

manmustwac:

@post
No we're not ready for a revolution unless its a typing revolution coz thats all we ever do.

grin, Hey a revolution is a revolution!
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Onlytruth(m): 3:24am On Aug 19, 2009
Beaf:

Solid observation.

ezeagu:

Nigeria was created to spite us.

Can you imagine letting Oyo, Benin AND the troublesome Igbo have soveriegn states? Europe would have/had serious competition and they had to fix that, that is why the most valuable African art pieces in the British museum, and their only bronzes (Obviously stolen) where ransacked from these states, this happened less than 120 years ago.

In summary Nigeria is not/was not meant to be a nation.

grin, Hey a revolution is a revolution!

A famous thinker agrees with you:

[size=14pt]"There is nothing so quite useless as doing with great efficiency what should not be done at all"
-Peter Drucker (World's most influential business guru)
[/size]
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by chukxy44(m): 10:40am On Aug 19, 2009
manmustwac:

@post
atlest that is wat nairalanders are good at doing. We are not even united in the cousre to bring change to Nigeria, how then do we speak of progress, nobody has selected a date for a revolution and we are already runing our heart at full beat. The major diffrence bwtn those that are afraid to be catalist of change and people such as this
qblaze:

I'm ready for the revolution!!! Join me.

Is a simply manifestation of ones mind set. Lets ask our self how did the diverse Religions come into begin, how did tribes become state and then a Nation (that we now fear to address our root). whether you agree with me or not NIgeria is a Failed state, a State were Leaders seek for help outside. a little cough and the governor of our states fly out of the country, there children are no were near the shores of this country, for those who have benifited inmersely from the corupt leaders let me advice Nigeria is better this way, but for those who are tired of seeking for visa, looking for Jobs that do not exist, applying for admission that would only be given to the upper class then the Revolution course is yours. Nigeria is not bad nor poor nor a runied country because this cluses only apply to some. So choose where you belong but let me advice choose wisely because what ever choice you make, your children would answer for to it years after you have ceased to exist.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by IFELEKE(m): 10:49am On Aug 19, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Corrupt sure, and bloodless, in my opinion, is possible. Problem is we are decades too late for the BLOODY type of revolution. I mean even south african did well to stare clear of that kind after apartheid, why? Because they knew and still know that it would not have helped the course at all. The minute we allow blood shed,it is bound to get out of hand quickly and before you know it, we are smack dab in the middle of a civil war/tribal war.

We need a revolution, but most importantly, a bloodless one. We saw how things turned in kenya. I bet that whole started as a revolution of some sort but quickly turned into shameful ethnic war that the whole world saw.

kobo,
I quite agree with you on some of your assertions but i beg to differ on your idea of bloodless revolution.
By bloodless, you mean a peaceful revolution? no it won't work out because we cannot revolt in peace when we are not even united or living in peace(quoting you).
Revolution like i said earlier is a child of necessity, it's the kind of desperate battle a goat fights after being chased to the wall(which is always nasty) and that is what we really need in Nigeria.
Anything aside that will end up being watered down along ethno-tribal lines.
by the way,
What happened in kenya is a case of one thief outsmarting the other. . .pure and simple.!
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by emyah(m): 11:15am On Aug 19, 2009
can  you tell  us why  the deference tribes wants to be in one countrys and what those it profite  Ahusa /Yoruba to be in one country with Lgbos
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 19, 2009
Join the Safest Type of Revolution Now!- [b]REVOLUTION BEHIND COMPUTERS :[/b]P.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 19, 2009
[size=14pt]WHAT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THESE PEOPLE CALLING FOR REVOLUTION? WHERE ARE YOUR CREDENTIALS? ARE YOU QUALIFIED[/size]?
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by KnowAll(m): 1:06pm On Aug 19, 2009
The earlier NLanders realise you cannot carry out revolution from the comfort of your homes and from far away lands the better.

To be serious and practical about revolution is to alighn one's self with the sense of reason and dissent from the major and dominant politcal force.

I heard a group of Hausa /Fulani intelligentisia are dis-illusioned with the PDP they are not happy with the way Yaradua is running the country. These fringe members of the PDP I understand  are de-tribalised, and want to throw their own candidate into the ring come 2011. Those of you intrested in the revolution go and seek out these guys and know what their aganda is for the country, mordern revolution is not all about blood shed it is about systematic encroahing of the power base, you encroah-hold, then encroach- hold until a final take over is possible and realisiable.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Kobojunkie: 2:02pm On Aug 19, 2009
babaearly:

[size=14pt]WHAT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THESE PEOPLE CALLING FOR REVOLUTION? WHERE ARE YOUR CREDENTIALS? ARE YOU QUALIFIED[/size]?

What qualifications does one need to call for revolution? What qualifications does not require to call for people to stand up and say enough is enough? I would really love to learn this one.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Kobojunkie: 2:05pm On Aug 19, 2009
KnowAll:

The earlier NLanders realise you cannot carry out revolution from the comfort of your homes and from far away lands the better.
Actually you can!

KnowAll:
To be serious and practical about revolution is to alighn one's self with the sense of reason and dissent from the major and dominant politcal force.

I heard a group of Hausa /Fulani intelligentisia are dis-illusioned with the PDP they are not happy with the way Yaradua is running the country. These fringe members of the PDP I understand are de-tribalised, and want to throw their own candidate into the ring come 2011. Those of you intrested in the revolution go and seek out these guys and know what their aganda is for the country, mordern revolution is not all about blood shed it is about systematic encroahing of the power base, you encroah-hold, then encroach- hold until a final take over is possible and realisiable.

You do not need to align yourself with a particular group. You only need to start right where you are.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Kobojunkie: 2:23pm On Aug 19, 2009
IFELEKE:

kobo,
I quite agree with you on some of your assertions but i beg to differ on your idea of bloodless revolution.
By bloodless, you mean a peaceful revolution? no it won't work out because we cannot revolt in peace when we are not even united or living in peace(quoting you).

A Peaceful revolution? You would have to further explain what you mean by a peaceful revolution for me to better answer you here.

IFELEKE:

Revolution like i said earlier is a child of necessity, it's the kind of desperate battle a goat fights after being chased to the wall(which is always nasty) and that is what we really need in Nigeria.
Anything aside that will end up being watered down along ethno-tribal lines.
by the way,
What happened in kenya is a case of one thief outsmarting the other. . .pure and simple.!

I disagree!!! That sort of revolution, I mean the blood battles and all are of the last century. We have everything we need today to not only put fear in those in office but also turn things around for our own good. Remember, I do not believe they IMPOSED themselves on US. I am of the mind that the reason we have the numbskulls that we do today is because WE REFUSED to act on our own behalf for decades.

I was listening to the BBC today and caught a piece on democracy in Afghanistan. The UN lady said something that I feel every Nigerian ought to know. Democracy is government that REQUIRES the people to stand up to take power away from those in rule, and ENSURE that Government is FOR THEM. If WE, the Nigerian people, have REFUSED, for about a decade now, to DO what is REQUIRED of US under the new system, the REVOLUTION we need is not really AGAINST anyone else but OUR OWN MINDS and OUR own INEPTITUDE.

I sense that when a lot of people here of REVOLUTION, they talk of RIOTS, gun, razing down houses, and the lot. I don’t think that is exactly the kind of revolution I am talking of here. In fact, considering the tension that currently exists between ethnic and religious groups in the country, I doubt now is the time for that sort of REVOLUTION.

A REVOLUTION to me would need to start with the informed among us doing all we can to talk back power from those in government. We have so much over them now. There are so little of them compared to us and we have more know how than they can boast of. If we can have lawyers, activists and group leaders out there to use the Nigerian law to our own advantage, at all levels, I imagine we would make a difference.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Fhemmmy: 3:08pm On Aug 19, 2009
I wish there is a way to carry out a peaceful revolution, but in Nigeria, i doubt the possibility.
I am not sure Nigerians are truly ready for a revolution, we just talk about it.
Nigeria is a place, where the govt will order the military and the Police to shoot at sight all cos they wanna hide the garbage of their leadership from the world, cos they wont wanna be on the front cover of world papers and be given air time on the CNN, so they will wanna silent things be4 it goes too far.
Nigerians wanna see changes, however, they wanna see that happen from the front of their PC.
I wish we can have a revolution and actually tell the govt that enuf is enuf, but then, we are the govt, so we need to tell the "govt-wanna-be" that enuf is enuf
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Beaf: 3:22pm On Aug 19, 2009
A true revolution anywhere cannot be peaceful. By true revolution, I mean the complete uprooting and overturning of the status quo; who the powers are, how the economy runs, how regions integrate, refocusing of the media and other instituitions for positive propaganda and localisation of solutions etc. In Nigeria's case, it would involve changing the countries name, changing our state language from English to either pidgin or the language of the smallest ethnic group.
All the above will immediately catapult the country from disgrace to prominence, similar to the way China has risen with speed out of hunger, annual droughts and pernury to become the most powerful economy today.

. . .But how can these things be achieved peacefully? It is impossible. There will be stout resistance from the powers that be, they will send out assassins, the police and the army, jails will be packed. How do you resist such things peacefully?
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Fhemmmy: 3:25pm On Aug 19, 2009
Beaf:

A true revolution anywhere cannot be peaceful. By true revolution, I mean the complete uprooting and overturning of the status quo; who the powers are, how the economy runs, how regions integrate, refocusing of the media and other instituitions for positive propaganda and localisation of solutions etc. In Nigeria's case, it would involve changing the countries name, changing our state language from English to either pidgin or the language of the smallest ethnic group.
All the above will immediately catapult the country from disgrace to prominence, similar to the way China has risen with speed out of hunger, annual droughts and pernury to become the most powerful economy today.

. . .But how can these things be achieved peacefully? It is impossible.

Very impossible, especially, where African leaders are concerned, cos no African Leader wanna leave power.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by presido1: 4:30pm On Aug 19, 2009
babaearly:

Credential here is for you guys that are not in Nigeria but support the revolution to come back and champion the revo. You can't sit ur ass in US/UK to shout revo revo revo. Be the first to hold the placard and be at the front.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by DDMoses(m): 4:54pm On Aug 19, 2009
I think this is what we really needs now, Nigeria has ripe for such, all Nigerian leaders should fastening there seatbelt for this, this is the only way out, i have just posted a post tittle: Boko Haram: a call for revolutionm, i suggest you guys should go and read, am ready, lets exonerate this folks who have been eating and languishing our resources at expenses of our living.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! / Exposed!! Arewa's Plan 'b' / “i Only Wanted To Trend”- Gov Fayose Apologies To Buhari (see Tweets)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.